Altered States - New Story By Jedakk

Go to CruxDreams.com
That's a real twist. Let her "die in her altered reality, let her really experience the full deal.
Very dangerous, completely uncharted territory. they don't have any idea what they are playing with!

That's for sure! What they think they're seeing is only the tip of the iceberg, since they think whatever she's experiencing is being generated from her own mind. We're about to find out that things are different than they seem in that respect.

Maia has died on the cross. But our story is not over yet. What happens to cat now? Will she be able to come back to herself? And how will she be changed by this experience if she does make it back?

Joe, Doc and the others wait for what seems like forever for cat to open her eyes, to show any sign that she's going to come back to them.

Note that this first section of the chapter is narrated by catherine rather than Maia.

catherine
When I was too weak even to lift my head again, when the darkness closed over me for the final time, there was one last very gentle struggle. It was like my earliest memories from when I was a little girl, waking in the gray dawn when the stars still shone and squirming out from beneath the weight of warm covers to run out and join with my tribe in singing joyfully to welcome the rising sun.

One last pull and I was out, and I was so incredibly light, floating like a dandelion seed on a summer breeze. I was looking down from just a little above at my tortured, lifeless body, hanging there on a Roman cross in the velvety darkness of a starry night.

It was all over.

All of the crowds had long since gone, and now even the guard was gone, there being nothing of any worth left to guard. The Carnifex – the “meat maker” - had completed his job.

There was another odd feeling of disorientation, and I saw double for an instant. And then I was Maia but not Maia.

And I wasn’t alone.

We studied each other for a long moment there in the starry darkness, she and I, looking for ourselves in each other’s faces.

“You’re Maia?” I asked her tentatively. It was coming to me that only one of us could be Maia, and the more I looked at her, the more I was afraid it wasn’t me.

Yes, she was Maia, a young woman so much like me, but not me, her perfect body unblemished, no trace of our suffering. If anything, she might have been a little shorter, and she had a light spray of freckles across her nose. Her eyes were so incredibly blue!

“Yes,” she smiled. “And you’re cat, the girl from the dream place. My soul’s twin!”

“I am?” I said, confused.

“I felt you join me when they were… nailing me to the cross.” Maia said. “I thought you must be a goddess at first. Then I realized that you were like me. And… I was stronger because of you.”

“You were?” I asked, wondering how I could possibly have made any difference.

“Oh yes!” She said. “I could never have turned that torture into pleasure by myself. But both of us together, as one, well…”

“I needed to escape my life as a slave,” she continued, “but I needed to suffer, too. I knew when I ran away that I’d never be able to run far enough to escape. I wanted them to catch me, to crucify me.”

I nodded my understanding. “I… yes, I’m different,” I said. The cross, it… excites me. It’s obsessed me for as long as I can remember. I needed to feel the pain, all of it. To truly know what it was like.”

More of my own personality was beginning to assert itself, more of what I had thought was a dream before was beginning to solidify into reality. But I wasn’t there yet.

Maia smiled at me and said, “Now you know.”

“How?” I asked her. This was impossible!

She looked thoughtful, searching for words to explain. “This all happened long ago as you reckon time. And an instant ago for me. But our Ovates, the wise ones who hear the gods and speak with the dead, they say that time is like a scroll; it unrolls steadily to reveal our tomorrows, and closes up behind us so we can never go back.”

She continued, still struggling to find a way to explain what she hardly understood herself, “Sometimes, for a few who have that special gift, it unrolls the other way and allows them to visit what came before. I don’t know how, or why, but I think your gift is to be able to join with others, like me, whose souls… resonate with yours across time.”

I nodded. It made as much sense as anything. How else to explain it?

“What I know for certain,” Maia said, “is that now we are each a part of the other, you and I, and we share each other’s memories. And fuck me! It’s nice to think that I’ll live on in you, not just another forgotten slave who died on a Roman cross.”

“Well,” I said, looking around uncertainly, “you know, I don’t think they, uh, like you using language like that here!”

“I… yes, I, fuck me! I don’t know where that came from! I mean… what the fuck, I guess I’d better watch that!” She said, looking mortified.

Both of us were glancing around uneasily now, kind of afraid of who might show up looking stern as a nun with a ruler.

“Sorry!” I said sheepishly, “I think that’s my fault! I guess you’ll be fucked up forever now. Oh shit, I mean… dammit, I’m shutting up now!” If a soul could blush, I guess I must have been cherry red about that time.

So many things I should have asked her, but I couldn’t seem to form the words.

If she was Maia, then who was I? A girl from a dream? Was I even real?

I seemed to have lost myself somewhere along the way!

And I felt the pull of those others, people I seemed to know, people who cared about me, all trying to drag me back toward that dream I seemed to have come from.

What if that wasn’t real? Would I just disappear? Simply cease to exist?

“I can’t stay here with you, can I?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

I reached out to her, and she clasped my hand in hers; so light, yet real and warm.

“No, one day you’ll come back here, but this is not your time. For now, your place is there with the ones who are calling you back across time.”

She smiled at me, closing her bright blue eyes for a moment as if she remembered something warm and pleasant, something wonderful. “They really love you, you know!”

“But…” I was so confused, lost! And I was afraid, too. Reality was here and now; security and reassurance were her warm hand in mine. I wasn’t sure about where I was going, and I dreaded what was coming. I might actually be… dead!

“Please! Don’t forget me!” She said, hope reflected in her eyes, as if that was very important to her.

“Never!” I said, “I’ll never forget you!” How could I ever, after what we had shared?

She smiled, squeezed my hand once, let her hand slip out of mine, and then her image seemed to recede from me and fade away into the distance, or maybe across time.

And then I opened my eyes and saw these people from my dream, all around me, anxious faces, bringing me back.

And it felt warm and safe there.

I belong here, I thought. And everything seemed to grow more solid and real, the colors brighter.

I tried to close my eyes and see her again, but Maia had gone. Even so, she was still there, at least some of her, within me.

Joe
A long thirty minutes or so passed. I, all of us, grew more and more anxious. No one wanted to say it, but we all wondered if cat would ever come back from wherever her mind had gone. I felt helpless.

Doc said before that she might have to want to come back; what if she didn’t want to?

People wandered outside, walked around, came back in.

Finally, we saw her eyelids open, tentatively, then close again. Slowly, she opened them again, fully this time, blinked, looked around.

“Ubi sum?” She said, “Mortuane sum?”

I looked at her helplessly, confused, then looked at Doc.

“That’s… Latin! She’s speaking Latin!” Doc said, gaping at her.

“Doc, cat doesn’t know any Latin!” I said. I know I must have sounded panicky. “How could she…”

“Am I… dead?” cat asked.

I stared at her, the fear draining out of my body.

“No, cat, you’re alive,” I said. “You… You’re back home now.”

“Cat?” she said uncertainly.

“catherine. cat for short.” I said.

“Like in the dream?” She asked.

Doc and I glanced at each other anxiously.

“What’s your name, young lady?” Doc asked her.

“Maia. Meum nomen… sorry! My name is Maia, of the Catuvellaunni, in Britannia.” She looked at us as if she were still trying to place who we were.

“The Romans,” she continued, “they took me, made me a slave. I tried to escape, but they… the Romans, caught me!

“They… whipped me like… like an animal! Then they... oh gods, they nailed me to a cross, they crucified me!” She was hugging herself, eyes wide in the haunted thousand-yard stare of a victim.

“Three days I hung there, gods, the pain, it never stopped! So tired… And then they did more things to me, whipped me again, my breasts, my porcella, sorry, I mean my pussy, on fire!” cat – if she was cat - looked at me earnestly, wanting me to understand. “And all of my strength was gone.”

“I- I was dying on the cross. I wanted to die so badly, so much agony!

“I was so weak, I couldn’t breathe any more, fighting, kept fainting, over and over, it seemed like hours. I thought I had died, but then I would wake up and have to do it… to die all over again!

“As long as you have just a little strength left,” she said, “your body will fight, push up just a little, and that’s enough to let you get a small breath. The cross, it won’t let you go!

“And then I- I remember dying! I was so weak, knew it had to be my last breath… Tried to give up, make my body stop fighting… Just let it happen… Everything got darker…”

“I – I died! I saw my body, hanging on that cross! I – we were there. She was there!” She looked so confused. “But if she was Maia, who am I?”

Suddenly the expression on her face changed to one of fear and panic.

“How did I get here? Did you rescue me? Ecastor! If the Romans catch me they’ll crucify me again!”

“You’re safe now, cat, you don’t have to worry about them anymore,” I said.

She looked at me uncertainly, but calmed down. “cat? I’m cat?” She searched my face, trying to remember.

Then her eyes dropped to her breasts and she looked puzzled. She reached a hand down and felt between her legs, grimaced.

“My breasts, Licinus whipped them, they were on fire! And my pussy, it’s sore, but nothing like it was! He whipped me there too. What magic is this? How could they be healed so quickly?”

“It’s all going to be ok now. You’ll feel better after you get some rest, and then you’ll understand,” Doc said. “I need to have a look at you down there and put some medicine on it so it will get better. Would that be ok?”

“Fuck me!” She stared at him, considering.

“Yes, I guess so!” She said morosely. “I’m a slave, and dammit, I have to do what I’m told.”

“And hell!” She huffed, “everybody else has been looking at it for the past three days; you might as well too!”

Doc and I smiled at each other. It was going to be ok.

catherine
When I was too weak even to lift my head again, when the darkness closed over me for the final time, there was one last very gentle struggle. It was like my earliest memories from when I was a little girl, waking in the gray dawn when the stars still shone and squirming out from beneath the weight of warm covers to run out and join with my tribe in singing joyfully to welcome the rising sun.

One last pull and I was out, and I was so incredibly light, floating like a dandelion seed on a summer breeze. I was looking down from just a little above at my tortured, lifeless body, hanging there on a Roman cross in the velvety darkness of a starry night.

It was all over.

All of the crowds had long since gone, and now even the guard was gone, there being nothing of any worth left to guard. The Carnifex – the “meat maker” - had completed his job.

There was another odd feeling of disorientation, and I saw double for an instant. And then I was Maia but not Maia.

And I wasn’t alone.

We studied each other for a long moment there in the starry darkness, she and I, looking for ourselves in each other’s faces.

“You’re Maia?” I asked her tentatively. It was coming to me that only one of us could be Maia, and the more I looked at her, the more I was afraid it wasn’t me.

Yes, she was Maia, a young woman so much like me, but not me, her perfect body unblemished, no trace of our suffering. If anything, she might have been a little shorter, and she had a light spray of freckles across her nose. Her eyes were so incredibly blue!

“Yes,” she smiled. “And you’re cat, the girl from the dream place. My soul’s twin!”

“I am?” I said, confused.

“I felt you join me when they were… nailing me to the cross.” Maia said. “I thought you must be a goddess at first. Then I realized that you were like me. And… I was stronger because of you.”

“You were?” I asked, wondering how I could possibly have made any difference.

“Oh yes!” She said. “I could never have turned that torture into pleasure by myself. But both of us together, as one, well…”

“I needed to escape my life as a slave,” she continued, “but I needed to suffer, too. I knew when I ran away that I’d never be able to run far enough to escape. I wanted them to catch me, to crucify me.”

I nodded my understanding. “I… yes, I’m different,” I said. The cross, it… excites me. It’s obsessed me for as long as I can remember. I needed to feel the pain, all of it. To truly know what it was like.”

More of my own personality was beginning to assert itself, more of what I had thought was a dream before was beginning to solidify into reality. But I wasn’t there yet.

Maia smiled at me and said, “Now you know.”

“How?” I asked her. This was impossible!

She looked thoughtful, searching for words to explain. “This all happened long ago as you reckon time. And an instant ago for me. But our Ovates, the wise ones who hear the gods and speak with the dead, they say that time is like a scroll; it unrolls steadily to reveal our tomorrows, and closes up behind us so we can never go back.”

She continued, still struggling to find a way to explain what she hardly understood herself, “Sometimes, for a few who have that special gift, it unrolls the other way and allows them to visit what came before. I don’t know how, or why, but I think your gift is to be able to join with others, like me, whose souls… resonate with yours across time.”

I nodded. It made as much sense as anything. How else to explain it?

“What I know for certain,” Maia said, “is that now we are each a part of the other, you and I, and we share each other’s memories. And fuck me! It’s nice to think that I’ll live on in you, not just another forgotten slave who died on a Roman cross.”

“Well,” I said, looking around uncertainly, “you know, I don’t think they, uh, like you using language like that here!”

“I… yes, I, fuck me! I don’t know where that came from! I mean… what the fuck, I guess I’d better watch that!” She said, looking mortified.

Both of us were glancing around uneasily now, kind of afraid of who might show up looking stern as a nun with a ruler.

“Sorry!” I said sheepishly, “I think that’s my fault! I guess you’ll be fucked up forever now. Oh shit, I mean… dammit, I’m shutting up now!” If a soul could blush, I guess I must have been cherry red about that time.

So many things I should have asked her, but I couldn’t seem to form the words.

If she was Maia, then who was I? A girl from a dream? Was I even real?

I seemed to have lost myself somewhere along the way!

And I felt the pull of those others, people I seemed to know, people who cared about me, all trying to drag me back toward that dream I seemed to have come from.

What if that wasn’t real? Would I just disappear? Simply cease to exist?

“I can’t stay here with you, can I?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

I reached out to her, and she clasped my hand in hers; so light, yet real and warm.

“No, one day you’ll come back here, but this is not your time. For now, your place is there with the ones who are calling you back across time.”

She smiled at me, closing her bright blue eyes for a moment as if she remembered something warm and pleasant, something wonderful. “They really love you, you know!”

“But…” I was so confused, lost! And I was afraid, too. Reality was here and now; security and reassurance were her warm hand in mine. I wasn’t sure about where I was going, and I dreaded what was coming. I might actually be… dead!

“Please! Don’t forget me!” She said, hope reflected in her eyes, as if that was very important to her.

“Never!” I said, “I’ll never forget you!” How could I ever, after what we had shared?

She smiled, squeezed my hand once, let her hand slip out of mine, and then her image seemed to recede from me and fade away into the distance, or maybe across time.

And then I opened my eyes and saw these people from my dream, all around me, anxious faces, bringing me back.

And it felt warm and safe there.

I belong here, I thought. And everything seemed to grow more solid and real, the colors brighter.

I tried to close my eyes and see her again, but Maia had gone. Even so, she was still there, at least some of her, within me.

Joe
A long thirty minutes or so passed. I, all of us, grew more and more anxious. No one wanted to say it, but we all wondered if cat would ever come back from wherever her mind had gone. I felt helpless.

Doc said before that she might have to want to come back; what if she didn’t want to?

People wandered outside, walked around, came back in.

Finally, we saw her eyelids open, tentatively, then close again. Slowly, she opened them again, fully this time, blinked, looked around.

“Ubi sum?” She said, “Mortuane sum?”

I looked at her helplessly, confused, then looked at Doc.

“That’s… Latin! She’s speaking Latin!” Doc said, gaping at her.

“Doc, cat doesn’t know any Latin!” I said. I know I must have sounded panicky. “How could she…”

“Am I… dead?” cat asked.

I stared at her, the fear draining out of my body.

“No, cat, you’re alive,” I said. “You… You’re back home now.”

“Cat?” she said uncertainly.

“catherine. cat for short.” I said.

“Like in the dream?” She asked.

Doc and I glanced at each other anxiously.

“What’s your name, young lady?” Doc asked her.

“Maia. Meum nomen… sorry! My name is Maia, of the Catuvellaunni, in Britannia.” She looked at us as if she were still trying to place who we were.

“The Romans,” she continued, “they took me, made me a slave. I tried to escape, but they… the Romans, caught me!

“They… whipped me like… like an animal! Then they... oh gods, they nailed me to a cross, they crucified me!” She was hugging herself, eyes wide in the haunted thousand-yard stare of a victim.

“Three days I hung there, gods, the pain, it never stopped! So tired… And then they did more things to me, whipped me again, my breasts, my porcella, sorry, I mean my pussy, on fire!” cat – if she was cat - looked at me earnestly, wanting me to understand. “And all of my strength was gone.”

“I- I was dying on the cross. I wanted to die so badly, so much agony!

“I was so weak, I couldn’t breathe any more, fighting, kept fainting, over and over, it seemed like hours. I thought I had died, but then I would wake up and have to do it… to die all over again!

“As long as you have just a little strength left,” she said, “your body will fight, push up just a little, and that’s enough to let you get a small breath. The cross, it won’t let you go!

“And then I- I remember dying! I was so weak, knew it had to be my last breath… Tried to give up, make my body stop fighting… Just let it happen… Everything got darker…”

“I – I died! I saw my body, hanging on that cross! I – we were there. She was there!” She looked so confused. “But if she was Maia, who am I?”

Suddenly the expression on her face changed to one of fear and panic.

“How did I get here? Did you rescue me? Ecastor! If the Romans catch me they’ll crucify me again!”

“You’re safe now, cat, you don’t have to worry about them anymore,” I said.

She looked at me uncertainly, but calmed down. “cat? I’m cat?” She searched my face, trying to remember.

Then her eyes dropped to her breasts and she looked puzzled. She reached a hand down and felt between her legs, grimaced.

“My breasts, Licinus whipped them, they were on fire! And my pussy, it’s sore, but nothing like it was! He whipped me there too. What magic is this? How could they be healed so quickly?”

“It’s all going to be ok now. You’ll feel better after you get some rest, and then you’ll understand,” Doc said. “I need to have a look at you down there and put some medicine on it so it will get better. Would that be ok?”

“Fuck me!” She stared at him, considering.

“Yes, I guess so!” She said morosely. “I’m a slave, and dammit, I have to do what I’m told.”

“And hell!” She huffed, “everybody else has been looking at it for the past three days; you might as well too!”

Doc and I smiled at each other. It was going to be ok.
bizarrely great!!!

Very vivid! I think it's one of your best. I know I've come need on the dual perspective already, but it really is effective. And the whipping scenes were exquisite torture.

I like the subtly enigmatic ending as well. Where is Maia now?

Very vivid! I think it's one of your best. I know I've come need on the dual perspective already, but it really is effective. And the whipping scenes were exquisite torture.

I like the subtly enigmatic ending as well. Where is Maia now?

That's not the end! Still about eight pages to go, which I plan to post in a final segment tomorrow.

Glad you like it, I feel pretty good about the way it all came together. Some of it almost seemed to write itself, just felt like the interaction among characters was natural, not strained at all.

I'm glad that Maia and cat could separate. But Maia hasn't gone entirely, has she?

When Maia and cat separated, they were supposedly in a place between life and death; Maia went on to what she would call the "Other Side" where souls go after death, but cat's soul or personality returned to her physical body in 2023. Each of them carried the imprint of the other's personality, complete with all of the other's memories.

We saw how Maia was exhibiting some of cat's mannerisms, interjecting "fuck me" in her conversation without thinking about it, then wondering where that came from. As cat said to Maia, "I guess you'll be fucked up forever now!"

When cat awakened in her own body, separate from Maia, she still couldn't quite assert her own personality. Hers had been subsumed, or overwhelmed by Maia's when the two joined. Maia's became the dominant and active personality, while cat's was passive, recording memories of what was happening as she experienced it through Maia's senses and understanding what was said through Maia's thought processes and knowledge, since cat couldn't understand Latin on her own.

Now, in her present day, she's still operating through Maia's personality that is imprinted on hers, and she's got to try to get those roles straight with her own personality dominant. Joe and Doc saw a flash of that happening at the end of the last chapter and thought it was going to be ok. I think, in reality, such a situation wouldn't easily resolve itself at all. A psychiatrist, which I'm not, would probably look at this as a form of schizophrenia.

So in the story, Maia herself has gone on to her reward. cat, however, carries an imprint of Maia's personality and her memories. She can speak the rough Latin that Maia knew, as well as Maia's own Celtic language. And she has memories of Maia's life in Britannia before she was a Roman slave, as we shall see in the next chapter.

cat's crucifixion, both in the fallout shelter and with Maia in ancient Rome, is done. She said goodbye to Maia, but Maia's personality of memories are strongly imprinted on her. It will take time for her to re-orient herself into this reality. In the aftermath of it all, she finds that she can speak the same rough Latin that Maia knew, as well as Maia's Celtic language. She also has all of Maia's memories of her life growing up in her village in Britannia, their customs, and even how Maia came to have the same kind of clit piercing that cat has. And she knows why Maia wanted to die on the cross.

When Joe takes cat down to the fallout shelter to see the cross she was crucified on, the instant the door is opened and the smell of the place hits her, she collapses. The association of the smell with being crucified is very strong and brings it all back all at once. At the end of that, she's stronger.

Joe has his perspective on all this as well. He's watched cat's physical wounds heal quickly, but her mental state is another thing entirely. She does get progressively better, but there are some customs of Maia's that she clings to and keeps, because she doesn't want to forget. And Joe, convinced that she really did connect with Maia, who was crucified by the Romans, thinks that's ok.

This chapter is a little long, but I think it all needs to go together.

And this will conclude my story. I hope that everyone enjoyed it, and comments would be welcome!

Part 5: Aftermath

Chapter 13: Life Goes On

catherine
Fuck me! I managed to experience what I wanted, and lived to tell about it. I never thought that would happen. Just the same, I died on that cross. I remember the hours I spent in agony, slowly strangling to death, before I knew that the end had come. To think that thousands of men and women actually did die that way!

A few days after my crucifixion, when I was better, my Master took me downstairs to the fallout shelter where my cross was still standing. He said everything else had been cleaned up already except that.

Well, most of it had, but not all of the smell.

As soon as he opened the heavy steel door it hit me, the smell of the place of execution. The place where I’d died nailed naked on a Roman cross. The agony and panic slammed me like a thunderbolt. I screamed and would have collapsed if my Master hadn’t caught me in his arms.

“cat! Are you all right?” He asked me several times, anxious, scared himself, not knowing what to do to help me.

Hell, I didn’t know what he needed to do either!

“Just hold me for a minute,” I finally managed to gasp, shaking, “The smell… it brought it all back, I mean… I was… I felt like I was back on that cross again! I… I think… maybe I’ll be ok.”

The flashback slowly faded away and became a memory again. But it did leave something behind. I felt an urgent tingling between my legs and realized that I was wet down there.

“Yes, I’m ok now,” I said, “just horny as hell, that’s all!”

My Master laughed at that. “Maybe I should get some of Jim’s stinky stuff to use as after shave if it does that to a girl!”

I narrowed my eyes at him and said, “Fuck you!”

“I love it when you talk dirty to me!” He laughed. “And I’ll be glad to take care of your problem, but cat, you’ve got to be sore as hell still!”

“We’ll figure it out!” I said. He laughed and hugged me to him. I felt the hardness of his erection against my abdomen and almost told him that we needed to figure it out right now. But I needed to do this, too.

I stepped through the door, still a little unsteady. It took some effort to hold on to reality and keep the power of the smells in there from snatching me away again, but I was handling it.

And then I was standing before my cross. I had never seen it.

It still had the headless blood-crusted nails sticking out of it, the remains of the ropes that had held me.

My God, I thought, that’s my blood! My hands, my feet were on those nails!

The wood of the cross was blood-soaked around the nails, as was the edge of the sedile, the stains already darkened to a grey-black color. My Master asked me if I wanted him to take it down and get rid of it, but I told him not yet.

I want to be able to go back and re-visit it and remember what it was like to be really crucified and to actually die on the cross.

Would I ever go through that again? Endure that delicious agony for days, slowly dying, believing I was dying, wishing I could die but unable to escape the agony?

Today, I’d say hell no!

But my needs are deep and strong. Even when Licinus was cracking that whip against my pussy, I wanted it, needed that searing pain. I can’t say what I might want a few months from now, or what I might be able to talk my Master into.

And after all, that was only one scenario. Who else might I become? There are thousands of variations, all kinds of stories I could enter into, become a Christian martyr, a rebel, a thief, or just a slave who displeased her master. I could be crucified on different kinds of crosses.

There’s no limit. And there’s no way to know where it will go. Doc and my Master had said that what I saw had to come from my own imagination. After all, where else could it come from?

But neither they nor I think that any more.

There were so many things I never imagined, and things I didn’t know, couldn’t possibly have known!

My dream was to be crucified on a Roman cross, but Amara, Licinus, the others, they weren’t part of that dream! They didn’t come from me.

And there were so many more details that I never imagined!

For example, I had never heard of posca, but now I know that’s real. Yes, my Master made a version of posca for me to drink while I was on the cross, but he told me that no one today really knows exactly how they made it, and when I tasted some of the stuff he made later, it didn’t taste like what I remember from when I was crucified in Rome.

Well, of course my Master’s wasn’t flavored with shit, either, but still, I’d never heard of it before!

How could my mind have made that up?

And then there were things about crucifixion that I didn’t know, but now make sense.

I thought death on the cross would happen when I got too exhausted to raise myself; there’d be that final struggle for breath, I’d faint, and it would be over in a few minutes. But that’s not the way it was.

No, not at all.

It was much, much worse than I ever imagined!

It was so very slow and agonizing! Even after I was too weak to raise myself, I felt like I was strangling, struggled, fainted, and woke up, did it all again, over and over until I finally got too weak to struggle any more. And then I hung there trying to get one more breath, fainting, waking up to the same misery, fainting again, waking up and finally, after what must have been hours, I just didn’t wake up again.

I thought that a victim would become delirious, wouldn’t know what was happening any more, but I was wrong. I knew what was happening to me right up until I took that last tiny gasping breath and I knew there wouldn’t be another. And no matter how long I’d suffered, no matter how bad that had been, it was horrible, terrifying when I knew I was about to die.

The way Amara and I were tied when Licinus whipped us; that was complicated! I don’t know how that could have come from my mind!

And that whipping! Hanging there by those nails in my wrists and feet, naked, unable to move while he spent hours whipping my breasts and pussy! It was worse than anything I ever thought of.

And something else happens when you get into that altered state.

It felt like I entered a different world. And that world felt as real as this one. My memories of my life there – Maia’s life there – are as real now as my own. I believe that Maia was real, and I somehow connected with her, suffered and died on the cross along with her.

And somehow, our connection lasted until after she died. I saw Maia, talked with her, after she was dead!

But it wasn’t just her crucifixion; I remember her life before.

I was Maia, and on some level I still am.

Her memories are still with me right now, sometimes hard to separate from my own, like a vivid dream.

When I was there on the cross, her body felt like my own. But when I looked at my breasts, my arms, what I could see of my body, there were differences. The little mole on my left breast was missing. There was a tiny scar on my right forearm that hadn’t been there before.

But then there was the piercing in my clit; I couldn’t see that, but Licinus said it was there, and I felt him pull on it. I have that piercing in my own body! What are the chances that a Roman slave would have had one of those?

And yet I remember when I - no, it was Maia - was fourteen years old and got that piercing done! How I – she - cried and bit down on the leather between my – her - teeth because it hurt like hell when old Brida – how can I remember her by name? - stuck the shiny copper needle through my clit, swollen and hard from the attention it was getting, with only the barest bit of numbing from the poultice of fresh inner bark of willow she’d carefully pressed against it for a few heartbeats.

She blew on it to ease the pain, said the words to bless it, and yes, it felt a little better then. A few heartbeats later, she pushed the little gold ring through and bent it closed. Even before the throbbing faded, with my tears still wet on my face, I was so proud of it!

I showed it to all of the girls when we were bathing down in the edge of the river, I remember it was early summer, the younger ones looking at it with big eyes, fascinated. Some of the older ones nodded their heads sagely and told me, yes, just wait till the right boy’s fingers are guided by that ring to your special place, and he finds out what a touch there does to you!

And my cheeks grew warm because I’d already learned on my own what a gentle touch there would do to me!

And of course there were boys watching us from up in the woods who thought we didn’t know they were there. How were they supposed to learn about girls if we didn’t let them see us from time to time? So it was sooner rather than later that a special boy discovered my golden ring!

How could I know all that? And yet, I can see it like it was yesterday!

And where on earth did I come up with the name of her tribe, the Catuvellauni? I can’t even spell that! But I don’t just remember the name, I remember my – no, Maia’s – mother and father, younger brothers and a sister.

I want to cry when I feel her horror and grief for her parents, crucified by the Romans right in front of her. Gods, the pain, the loss, the emptiness!

How I cried when they dragged all of us children away, split us up, sent us off into lives of slavery in different places. I was hardly a child by then, sixteen years old, but I felt like I was a lost child with my whole world gone. We never saw each other again.

And I know why Maia wanted to die on the cross. It was the guilt she carried with her, feeling that she should have been crucified along with her parents. Why had they had to suffer that way while she lived on?

She tried to keep that memory locked away, out of sight, kept her focus on her day-to-day life. But it was always there, ready to be triggered by a sight, a smell, a sound. And most of all it would creep into her dreams and turn them into nightmares that she awoke from screaming, in a cold sweat.

For Maia, the cross was the only way to end her guilt.

And although it’s beginning to fade some, I was speaking Latin! Where the fuck did that come from? I tried reading some Latin and couldn’t; the written words didn’t fit with what I knew how to say. I remembered that Maia never learned to read more than a few words. She could speak enough Latin to get by, but not much beyond that.

If that wasn’t enough, I can remember Maia’s native language. I spoke some simple phrases into Google Translator, and it came back saying that I was speaking a Celtic language that wasn’t in its database!

And I was there, with her, sharing her suffering all the way up to her last breath on the cross.

My Master told me about the time after they took me down, the way I looked like I was caught in a dream, and how scary that was for them. Maybe I was, or maybe I was caught in the place between life and death, I don’t know.

But I saw Maia there, after she… No! After we had died on the cross! We spoke to each other, and she told me I had to go back. It was so real!

And as I told her when we parted, I’ll never forget her. She will always be a part of me, and I suppose I’m just as much a part of her. Although I do wonder what she must make of some of my memories!

And one more thing she left me: I wake every morning before sunrise when it’s still dark. I crawl out of my warm bed and go out naked into the cool morning air. I face the brightening sky and glowing pink clouds in the east, and softly sing the song to welcome the rising sun. And as I do, I remember all of the voices that joined with mine two thousand years ago on mornings just like this one.

So many questions that I can’t answer! And so many more things that Maia, or her memories, are telling me.

Well, fuck it, that was a month ago. Now Liz, that fucking useless piece of shit airhead bimbo slut, thinks she wants to be crucified, “just like cat!” She’s been on the cross before, but always with a safe word, and she never lasted more than a half-hour before she was shouting it, begging them to get her down now.

But after seeing me on the cross a few times, crucified without any safe word, she wants to experience that feeling of being under someone else’s control, of being powerless to stop, even when the pain gets beyond bearing.

And fuck me, I really, really want to watch her suffer on a cross! I want to stand there jeering, just out of spitting distance, and watch the surprise and horror on her face when she finds out what it’s really like! When she realizes that she can’t escape, that it’s not up to her.

I don’t know if she can persuade them to let her, but I’m sure going to try to get my Master on board with it, and he knows why. When it comes to revenge, this will be delicious!

Liz doesn’t truly understand that when it comes to being crucified, truly giving yourself up to the cross, there's no going back.

But she will!

Now one thing I can thank Liz for:

Oh. My. God! My Master loves me!!

When he told me what she did, he also told me why he couldn’t, or wouldn’t, accept her offer. I was so angry at her, but then, just like that, I was happier than I could have ever imagined. He loves me!

Well, fuck me! Getting back to the present, I’m just slipping out of my panties now, and then I’m going downstairs to kneel before my Master and offer him the whip for the first time since my crucifixion.

And then I’m going to fuck his brains out!

Joe
It took catherine a full month to fully return from that cross in ancient Rome and root herself in the present. No wonder about that, in her altered state of consciousness, she was nailed to a Roman cross, crucified and tortured for three days, dying slowly. She went as far as anyone could possibly go and come back.

The nail wounds were healed in about a week, along with the other wounds in various places that Doc patched up, just like he said. All that’s left of those are some pinkish areas of new skin, and those should fade within days. I don’t think cat wants them to.

She continued to lapse into the Maia personality briefly from time to time, speaking Latin or else the language she tells me was Maia’s own Celtic before catching herself. Those times grew farther apart as the days passed and she became more rooted into reality.

There are still surprises, and not at all bad ones.

About two weeks after her crucifixion I awoke just before dawn with my cock so hard that my eyes wouldn’t stay shut. I lay there for a minute considering my options, of which sleep wasn’t one, then reached over and felt tentatively for cat.

She wasn’t there.

When she didn’t return after a few minutes, I decided she probably hadn’t just gone to the bathroom and quietly slipped out of bed to check on her.

I found her out on the upstairs deck off of our bedroom, naked, her nipples swelling in the cool morning air. I was off to her side and a little behind her, so she didn’t notice me watching from just inside the bedroom.

She was facing the east, where the sun was just peeking over the treetops, smiling and singing softly and clearly in what I guessed was Maia’s own language. The words came out smoothly and lovingly, with feeling and emphasis like she really meant them, like she was joyfully welcoming an old friend that she was glad to see again.

This is real! I thought, she couldn’t possibly just make this up.

She went on for several verses, the tune repeating, but with different words, as the sun rose and the sky brightened. I listened silently, admiring the curves of her naked body and the warm glow of her skin in the ruddy light of the rising sun, the rise and fall of her breasts.

My God, I thought, I can easily imagine her as some blonde-haired Celtic princess, singing with the rest of her village.

My early-morning erection began to throb. She held the final note, then stopped, smiling, remembering.

She was surprised when she turned and saw me watching.

“Oh! Fuck me! Sorry, I was trying not to wake you!” She said, looking a little guilty, as if she’d been caught doing something she shouldn’t have.

“It’s ok,” I said, laughing. She was certainly still cat! A beautiful blonde standing there naked and saying “fuck me!” That was exactly the invitation I wanted.

“I was just worried about you!” I said, “You’re still healing, even if you are moving ok now. You need to come back to bed!”

“Yes, I can see that!” She laughed, walking slowly and purposefully toward me, her hips swaying. When she got close, I pulled her in to me, then gasped and moaned as she wrapped her fingers around my swollen cock. She pressed her sinuous body against me, never losing her grip on my throbbing cock, massaging it hard.

I had to strain to contain myself, try to think about baseball, don’t let go yet!

My hands found the impossibly round, firm cheeks of her ass, squeezed them, picked her up as she wrapped those muscular legs around me tightly and we were face to face. I kissed her and felt her glutes flex under my hands as she lifted herself a little higher, guided the tip of my cock where she wanted it, then let herself slide slowly and blissfully down onto it.

A bit later, lying in bed relaxed with her sweaty body cuddled against my side and her head on my shoulder, I asked, “What was that song?”

“It’s… well, it’s one of Maia’s memories…”

“I recognized the sounds of her language,” I said.

“Yeah, that’s right, I guess I was singing it in her language!” She seemed genuinely surprised. “It just seems so natural! It’s what they called the Song of the Dawn, the song Maia’s tribe sang to greet the rising sun every morning. She learned it when she was just a toddler.”

“You looked like it really meant something to you,” I said.

“I told her I’d never forget her,” cat said. “And when I do this, get up early and greet the sun with her song, it brings back years of mornings, of the suns she saw, that it feels like I saw. It honors her memory. And I… I love to do it! It feels right.”

“Teach me that song and I’ll sing it with you tomorrow,” I said.

Damn sure was easier said than done, just learning to say all those words with a rolling “R” and sounds like you’re clearing your throat. I didn’t do so well the first couple of days, but now we start our days early. And doing it makes her open up and talk more about Maia’s memories and what happened to her.

And she’s convinced me beyond all doubt. However, she did it, she actually connected across time and space with Maia, a Celtic girl who lived about two thousand years ago and died on a Roman cross.

Does she still have nightmares? Yes, sometimes she dreams that she’s right back on that cross, wakes up screaming thinking Licinus is whipping her. But those are getting better as her mind orients itself back into this reality.

What seemed to help was that I had her tell me everything that happened. It was a hell of a story; I would never have believed that such a thing could have happened, so I wrote it down.

You just read it.

And I’ll need to wrap this up now. cat just came downstairs naked, and now, well…

She’s kneeling on the floor in front of me, spreading her knees out wide. She’s placed the whip on the floor between us, and now she’s straightened up, shoulders back, those wonderful breasts with their perky pink nipples thrust out toward me.

Even with her eyes respectfully downcast, she’s positively radiating desire and anticipation. Any doubts I might have had before are gone.

Wherever she was, whoever’s memories she now shares, cat is here with me now, all of her!

Wow.
An amazing story, and a great wrap up.
There is too much here to comment on. I love the way Cat confronts her cross, stained with her own blood. Not just an instrument of bdsm torture, but the cross on which she really died. Died and returned. Or on which Maia died. :confused: Confusing for us and for her.
She brought pleasure and a need for pain to the cross, Maia brought guilt and a desire to die. Somehow entwined, Cat carries the other girl with her, her life, her agony, her death.
How can she be the same? How can her experience of bondage, of pain, ever be the same? And her life, it is deepened, enriched by this. Not just the experience, the ordeal, but by this other woman.
And yet she is still Cat. She has disdain for Liz who wants to be crucified. She still has desire for Joe, for their lifestyle.
Fascinating, and confusing, a story that opens up a lot of questions, and interesting answers.

Wow.
An amazing story, and a great wrap up.
There is too much here to comment on. I love the way Cat confronts her cross, stained with her own blood. Not just an instrument of bdsm torture, but the cross on which she really died. Died and returned. Or on which Maia died. :confused: Confusing for us and for her.
She brought pleasure and a need for pain to the cross, Maia brought guilt and a desire to die. Somehow entwined, Cat carries the other girl with her, her life, her agony, her death.
How can she be the same? How can her experience of bondage, of pain, ever be the same? And her life, it is deepened, enriched by this. Not just the experience, the ordeal, but by this other woman.
And yet she is still Cat. She has disdain for Liz who wants to be crucified. She still has desire for Joe, for their lifestyle.
Fascinating, and confusing, a story that opens up a lot of questions, and interesting answers.

cat's confrontation with her cross was something I added later, during one of the rewrites of the story. The fallout shelter was in the basement of their house, and with everything that happened, Joe might not finish cleaning the place up for some time. It also occurred to me that without ventilation to the outside air, that fallout shelter would tend to hold smells for some time, so I used that. Seeing the cross she was crucified on was supposed to be a kind of closure for cat, but Joe didn't realize what a profound effect the smell of the place would have on her.

The idea of cat carrying Maia's memories and personality with her is a concept that could be analyzed on and on. It's like a form of schizophrenia, as I've mentioned before, but so far relatively benign. It's like cat carries a sister's personality within her, with cat being the dominant personality and Maia there in the background.

And cat has access to all of Maia's knowledge and memories. Getting up early in the morning to sing the Song of the Dawn is one way those memories have affected her, but there might be others I didn't explore.

Maia told her that she thought she had a gift, and that she was able to connect with others whose souls resonated with hers across time and space. So I left the possibility open that cat could do something similar again, connect with someone else and share their experiences.

Oh yes, I'm sure it will be, Jedakk, Madiosi and I will make sure it gets into the Archive soon,
and very likely in Madiosi's e-book library too :)

Yes, it was my plan all along to provide it as one file in PDF format, and Madiosi also wanted to convert it into an e-book as well. I just need to provide him with the full text in a compatible format along with the cover art.

The story is just so long, 111 pages and almost 51,000 words, which makes it just about the length of a novel. It actually grew by about eleven pages while I was posting it! :eek: And I finished that final sex scene with cat and Joe right before I posted the final chapter. :devil: Anyway, a lot of people, particularly those for whom English is a challenge, would have been intimidated by the size and wouldn't have read all that.

The length was one reason for posting it in however many parts there are in this thread. The other reason was that I hoped people would discuss those individual parts more than they would the story as a whole. Bear in mind that I live for feedback, so I've greatly enjoyed reading what people thought about cat's experience, their ideas as to what might happen next, the characters, the technologies, etc.

I'm working on the cover art now, so in a day or two when I get something satisfactory put together for that, I'll create the PDF and also give Madiosi what he needs to do the e-book. In the meantime, I would still appreciate everyone's thoughts on the story, and, if anyone happened up on any grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. errors please let me know also. I've found a few of those after I posted here, so there are bound to be more.

Yes, it was my plan all along to provide it as one file in PDF format, and Madiosi also wanted to convert it into an e-book as well. I just need to provide him with the full text in a compatible format along with the cover art.

The story is just so long, 111 pages and almost 51,000 words, which makes it just about the length of a novel. It actually grew by about eleven pages while I was posting it! :eek: And I finished that final sex scene with cat and Joe right before I posted the final chapter. :devil: Anyway, a lot of people, particularly those for whom English is a challenge, would have been intimidated by the size and wouldn't have read all that.

The length was one reason for posting it in however many parts there are in this thread. The other reason was that I hoped people would discuss those individual parts more than they would the story as a whole. Bear in mind that I live for feedback, so I've greatly enjoyed reading what people thought about cat's experience, their ideas as to what might happen next, the characters, the technologies, etc.

I'm working on the cover art now, so in a day or two when I get something satisfactory put together for that, I'll create the PDF and also give Madiosi what he needs to do the e-book. In the meantime, I would still appreciate everyone's thoughts on the story, and, if anyone happened up on any grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. errors please let me know also. I've found a few of those after I posted here, so there are bound to be more.
Is the story complete? I missing "The End".

Is the story complete? I missing "The End".

Yes, that's all there is!

I'm working on some cover art for it right now, and there are a few corrections in my full version here that are not in the text that was posted. Just punctuation and some stray text from previous edits that I missed. I'll give you the whole thing in whatever form you want, but don't try to piece it together from my posts, please.

Yes, that's all there is!

I'm working on some cover art for it right now, and there are a few corrections in my full version here that are not in the text that was posted. Just punctuation and some stray text from previous edits that I missed. I'll give you the whole thing in whatever form you want, but don't try to piece it together from my posts, please.
OK, but to late.
I wait to a other Version by you.
I like HTML.

Back
Top Bottom