Burned From Beneath

Go to CruxDreams.com

Travis II

Assistant executioner
Just a few times, I have come across images of young ladies tied to an X-shaped cross (or a frame) and tortured by being burned from beneath, with a brazier placed or a fire lit between their legs. I'm considering working this long, slow and desperately agonising method into a fiction and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the method or any further pictures they are free to share? What must it be like, both to experience and to watch, and what would the effects be?

Attachments

• 01 Over an open fire! .jpg
    01 Over an open fire! .jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 826
  • 02 Tortured and burnt...jpg
    02 Tortured and burnt...jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 843
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 811
yes I've certainly imagined it in my fantasies -
though I can't remember putting it into any of my stories
(it's a surprising oversight if I haven't!).

My name-saint Eulalia is portrayed (in her Barcelona version) on an X-Cross,
and described in her legend being tortured with braziers
placed on the floor close to her, and burning torches held against her sides -
Church writers and artists were too shy to put the fire between "my" legs,
but surely it would have been.

And those legends reflect well-attested Roman torture methods.
The only criticism of those images is the ferocity of the flames -
I'd suffer much more over a slower-burning basket of glowing coals,
and it could be taken away whenever I seem to be losing consciousness,
so the torment could be very prolonged,
I'd be begging them to let me die!​

Having burned myself at the occasional campfire (1860s style) I think that having flames or even excessive heat applied to that part of my body would be very painful.

However a great deal of the torment in torture is not the physical pain but the pyshcological playing with the victim.

So for example bringing the flame close enough to feel the heat but not be in pain and then having it withdrawn must be hell. You never know when the or if the next time is for real.

Having branded my arm (by accident) on an oven heating element while cooking on time I can state that being branded is very painful (and I pulled right away it wasn't like I could get away). I think the advantage of torturing someone by branding over burning is that you can limit the amount of damage you inflict to a very small area. And open flame between my legs is going to be rather indiscriminate.

kisses

willowfall

...alright, you cheap assed Dutchman you can have the Norwegian rights...

t
only Norway cheapskate?
Having burned myself at the occasional campfire (1860s style) I think that having flames or even excessive heat applied to that part of my body would be very painful.

However a great deal of the torment in torture is not the physical pain but the pyshcological playing with the victim.

So for example bringing the flame close enough to feel the heat but not be in pain and then having it withdrawn must be hell. You never know when the or if the next time is for real.

Having branded my arm (by accident) on an oven heating element while cooking on time I can state that being branded is very painful (and I pulled right away it wasn't like I could get away). I think the advantage of torturing someone by branding over burning is that you can limit the amount of damage you inflict to a very small area. And open flame between my legs is going to be rather indiscriminate.

kisses

willowfall

in this way?

Attachments

• 1 -- The Fire Grows.jpg
    1 -- The Fire Grows.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 635
Last edited:

kisses

willowfall
once you've been burned, even moderate warmth brought near the site of the burn brings renewed agony,
so it would only be necessary to apply a hot iron briefly to a sensitive part,
then hold a candle nearby,
for the victim to be in utter terror,
knowing how easily her pain can be increased if you move it a little closer.​

Just a few times, I have come across images of young ladies tied to an X-shaped cross (or a frame) and tortured by being burned from beneath, with a brazier placed or a fire lit between their legs. I'm considering working this long, slow and desperately agonising method into a fiction and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the method or any further pictures they are free to share? What must it be like, both to experience and to watch, and what would the effects be?

Very cruel, very brutal. To be helpless, body already straining from the spread position, tender parts exposed to the heat, unimaginable agony, awful anticipation.
Terrible to experience

Attachments

• 6a6e8df676cc9ba49e9829f4e7153534-d5m3eb6.jpg
    6a6e8df676cc9ba49e9829f4e7153534-d5m3eb6.jpg
    563.9 KB · Views: 658
  • Witch Pussy Branding.jpg
    Witch Pussy Branding.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 625
Admi's reminded me of the greatest portrayal of this theme,
Eulalia by Arcimboldo

View attachment 117663
Thanks for sharing this Eulalia. It makes me think of the comment you made in a later post about heat being applied to a burn being effective when the subsequent contact itself might be less; ie a candle held close will cause terrible pain to skin already burned with flame or a branding iron. In the picture, the flame seems to have started at the top where it would have been in contact with the genitals and burned them; but then it descends the wooden pole, the heat from it will still cause pain because of the previous damage. Presumably, when the flame burns its way down to the bottom of the pole it will ignite the pyre and the whole lot will go up. So there's anticipation as well as an ongoing torture, but its passive from her captor's point of view because its an automatic natural process that happens because of how everything has been arranged.

There have been some great comments and contributions here folks, thank you.

These have just been posted on the 'other forms' thread, many thanks to Phlebus, and I have copied them across to here as they seem to illustrate the topic very well. Hope this is okay.

514.jpg 515.jpg

The first one is quite extreme! There would be some serious struggling and anguish going on with the most definately distressed damsel straining her nailed wrists to pull herself up the pole impailing her private parts and relieve the tension of the rope choking her, all the time with her legs spread apart and a fire burning her from directly beneath her crotch. Looking at the art, the mechanism of the ropes seems to mean that she can't use her legs to take any load because the ropes around her ankles are tied around her throat. So pulling up with all her failing strength on the nails through her wrists is the only way to relieve the other tortures...

This was a drawing that I have that shows something like this. I used to look at it and imagine the desperation and terror I would be in if I were the woman in the drawing. The terror shown on her in the drawing is probably a good idea of what I would be going through. My struggling would be off the charts. My screams would pierce the silence. My sobs would be deep and desperate as I begged and prayed for mercy....
Roberts25.jpg

This was a drawing that I have that shows something like this. I used to look at it and imagine the desperation and terror I would be in if I were the woman in the drawing. The terror shown on her in the drawing is probably a good idea of what I would be going through. My struggling would be off the charts. My screams would pierce the silence. My sobs would be deep and desperate as I begged and prayed for mercy....
View attachment 119427
I don't think he would show you any mercy!!!
The 3rd pic is how Erin was crucified in my story...but not burned!

Back
Top Bottom