Crucified?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Oh, you mean when the Romans decided to crucify 50 Belgian women to advenge Tullius'murder ? :confused: ;)

Or maybe after Titus Labienus' defeat of Indutiomarus and the Treveri, when he crucified all of the Belgae women in his fortified camp who had been working as cooks, laundresses, etc. and might, just might have been spying for the enemy!

I actually started writing a story, quite a while back, that included that scenario. That was *gasp* in 2003. The battle itself is real, but the aftermath is my own creation. Here's an excerpt, one of the women who escaped recounting what happened:

"The Romans imprisoned all of the women inside of the camp, and still I thought they would be freed when Indutiomarus had defeated the Romans. But days passed, and then the Romans won the battle. I thought the women would certainly be released. But I should have known what Labienus would do…" Rosmerta broke down in tears at that point, overcome by grief. Her body shook with sobs and it was a few moments before she could continue. She brushed her long blonde hair back with her hands, her eyes red from crying.

"Titus Labienus is a legate of the Roman general, Gaius Julius Caesar. You know, he's the commander of the Roman camp and even his own soldiers are afraid of him. We Gauls would have searched out the guilty ones among those women and dealt with them alone.

"But Labienus decided that if some of the women were spies, then many of the other women must have known about it. They did not denounce us, so they share our guilt. He couldn't know how many women actually knew about us spies, so he ordered all the women to be crucified." Rosmerta looked me in the eye as she said this last, with a tone that told me she could hardly believe it herself.

"All those hundreds of innocent women and girls. They did nothing, and now…" She stared out the window into the distance. It was mid-morning, the day after the battle that ended our world. My Marus, my love, was a prisoner deep within the Roman camp.

"They are nailing those innocent girls to crosses right now," Rosmerta said.
Maybe I'll get around to that one again one of these days! :devil:

Or maybe after Titus Labienus' defeat of Indutiomarus and the Treveri, when he crucified all of the Belgae women in his fortified camp who had been working as cooks, laundresses, etc. and might, just might have been spying for the enemy!

I actually started writing a story, quite a while back, that included that scenario. That was *gasp* in 2003. The battle itself is real, but the aftermath is my own creation. Here's an excerpt, one of the women who escaped recounting what happened:

"The Romans imprisoned all of the women inside of the camp, and still I thought they would be freed when Indutiomarus had defeated the Romans. But days passed, and then the Romans won the battle. I thought the women would certainly be released. But I should have known what Labienus would do…" Rosmerta broke down in tears at that point, overcome by grief. Her body shook with sobs and it was a few moments before she could continue. She brushed her long blonde hair back with her hands, her eyes red from crying.

"Titus Labienus is a legate of the Roman general, Gaius Julius Caesar. You know, he's the commander of the Roman camp and even his own soldiers are afraid of him. We Gauls would have searched out the guilty ones among those women and dealt with them alone.

"But Labienus decided that if some of the women were spies, then many of the other women must have known about it. They did not denounce us, so they share our guilt. He couldn't know how many women actually knew about us spies, so he ordered all the women to be crucified." Rosmerta looked me in the eye as she said this last, with a tone that told me she could hardly believe it herself.

"All those hundreds of innocent women and girls. They did nothing, and now…" She stared out the window into the distance. It was mid-morning, the day after the battle that ended our world. My Marus, my love, was a prisoner deep within the Roman camp.

"They are nailing those innocent girls to crosses right now," Rosmerta said.
Maybe I'll get around to that one again one of these days! :devil:

I hope so! Looks very promising ! Thank you, Jedakk ! :)

Back
Top Bottom