Feet Or Wrists First?

Wrists or Feet First?

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
I would bind wrists with hemp first, so that they could not get away from their fate. Then I would have the herald tell the viewers of the condemned victims crimes, in vicious detail. Then their wrists would be nailed as their legs flail in the pain. I would then let the executioners have tea, so the victim calms down a bit. Other entertainment can be performed at this time, perhaps the beheading of their lover. Then their feet would be grabbed and held into position and nailed, the cross lifted and the after festivities would begin.

One of the after events would be a tomato tossing contest for young children. They would be given rewards for hitting certain spots upon the crucified body from a set distance. Perhaps a dart throwing contest upon the victim, or if the crucified soul was male, have their family prepared for the cook fires before his eyes. He would be alive to smell the scent of his families meat. Perhaps if the magistrate or ruler was kind, he would be offered some of the roasted feast.

I think that for the Romans it is quite easier to nail hand and feet when the victim lays on the wood.

When done the cross will be raised.
Ropes round the wrists and arms use for prolongation the suffering.
I think that for the Romans it is quite easier to nail hand and feet when the victim lays on the wood.
When done the cross will be raised.
Ropes round the wrists and arms use for prolongation the suffering.

But perhaps it's much more dreadful if only the patibulum is raised with the wrist nailed victim who is writhing in anguish to kneel first, then to stand with outstretched arms, afterwards legs clasping the stipes always slipping down while being raised furthermore. Finally a jerk when the patibulum has reached its position up on the stipes. Best way: put the patibulum on collars, plump it down at last, watch the reaction of the victim.

So I haven’t read the full thread but from a practical POV the nailing of the wrist first makes sense to immobilize the victims before nailing the part of their body with the strongest muscles and the most bone to go though. Seems to me they have less chance to twist and get a good kick in if they are partly immobilized. Also the shock value of the wrist already nailed might reduce resistance with the legs/feet.

Acrimboldo on my instructions...
Hmm, the famous 'Lente' was on your instructions? Now I didn't know that ....
LENTE.jpg

Who the heck does feet first?? :confused:
Well wrists first is the 'usual procedure' but after crucifying so many victims maybe sometimes the executioners want to try something new?

In a shameless appeal to authority I'll mention that besides Arcimboldo, occurrences of such perverse procedures have been documented by reputed chroniclers of crucifixion such as Algabal and Mailnan
14_crn4_1200.jpgcruc3d.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom