For the Love of Alicia

Go to CruxDreams.com
“Fuck, Scaevola,” said Manius, “The lengths you’ll go to to get out of buying your round!”
That was the moment when Manius recalled that Scaevola still had a debt in the tavern. Manius knew the innkeeper would do everything to get his money, even by pressing him or Tillius to pay Scaevola's pending debt. :borra2:So, Manius decided to go after Bobinder...:idea:

Great story, Wragg, with an unexpected epilogue....:clapping::clapping::clapping:

And they lived long and happy!:dancing:

Bobinder stomping about saying, ‘I’m a warrior, not a doctor!’”
He does have a varied history. :rolleyes::D

“Scaevola….you bastard….. how could you die and leave me here alone?” I gasped.
He wasn't dead; he was resting. ;):devil:

But then, all of a sudden, there he was. My wonderful, wonderful brother, Bobinder. And Jollyrei. And lots and lots of soldiers, not one of them Roman.
Sorry to be late. Reinforcements, you know. Hard to get everyone going.:eek::rolleyes::doh: Still, can't have guests die the day after we met them.:cool: Bloody Romans! :mad:

Bob and Madi will tell you that I have agonised over whether to kill off Alicia or not. But in fact, if I had, it would have left us wondering about Jollyrei. Did the Romans get him anyway? Did he just sit and twiddle his thumbs, thanking his lucky stars that those nasty Romans had taken Scaevola and Alicia off his hands and left him in peace? That's not the Jollyrei I know...
I should say not! Vengeful terror of the Romans, me. :rolleyes::devil:

and, anyway, Bob would have split his gizzard....
And there's that as well, but I'm not sure that I would have needed a lot of excuses to charge off to bash a few Roman skulls. Wrecked my hospitality, they did.

A splendid, tense, romantic, and enthralling story, Wragg! You got both the rather tragic and a happy endings in. Hats off, and everyone is welcome in the Leuni village any time (try not to let the Romans know you're coming)!
:clapping::clapping::clapping::beer-toast1::Saeufer:

He does have a varied history. :rolleyes::D

He wasn't dead; he was resting. ;):devil:

Sorry to be late. Reinforcements, you know. Hard to get everyone going.:eek::rolleyes::doh: Still, can't have guests die the day after we met them.:cool: Bloody Romans! :mad:

I should say not! Vengeful terror of the Romans, me. :rolleyes::devil:

And there's that as well, but I'm not sure that I would have needed a lot of excuses to charge off to bash a few Roman skulls. Wrecked my hospitality, they did.

A splendid, tense, romantic, and enthralling story, Wragg! You got both the rather tragic and a happy endings in. Hats off, and everyone is welcome in the Leuni village any time (try not to let the Romans know you're coming)!
:clapping::clapping::clapping::beer-toast1::Saeufer:
I don't about you gizzard, mine's in serious danger of splitting thanks to you and Lox!

:duke:
And thanks to all for kind words of appreciation! :)

And thanks to all for kind words of appreciation! :)
Well deserved, old boy. It's not everyone who can take the "crucified by the Romans" trope and turn it into something exciting and fresh. I avoid that one like...er...well something that I really avoid a lot, anyway. You pulled it off (actually your characters pulled off quite a few things) marvellously. :ARMS1::thumbup:

Yes, a great story ... but I wonder ...

Can we have yet a thougt about all these people who were sacrified for the domination of only one civilisation (Roman one) :
had they any chance to escape ?
What is to be nailed to a cross ?
If we dont care about the pain, can we yet seen this deep thought that you're fixed to a piece of wood, like an animal or even not, like a simple thing !
In fact, I wonder if we can accept this role, though that we're crux'addict : we cant (and I've myself difficulties ) have such a resignation for to let this horrible but necessary end : the death in the worst sufferings !
But certainly that I'll also continue in my own stories to try to find some ........ happy end ?

Mmmmmm ! Dont care of this .... it's perhaps my worst blonde4.gif :D

Yes, a great story ... but I wonder ...

Can we have yet a thougt about all these people who were sacrified for the domination of only one civilisation (Roman one) :
had they any chance to escape ?
What is to be nailed to a cross ?
If we dont care about the pain, can we yet seen this deep thought that you're fixed to a piece of wood, like an animal or even not, like a simple thing !
In fact, I wonder if we can accept this role, though that we're crux'addict : we cant (and I've myself difficulties ) have such a resignation for to let this horrible but necessary end : the death in the worst sufferings !
But certainly that I'll also continue in my own stories to try to find some ........ happy end ?

Mmmmmm ! Dont care of this .... it's perhaps my worst View attachment 556343:D
No, it certainly isn't your worst blonde moment, it is one of the great moral dilemmas that we face. It is why we make such a song and dance about this being a fantasy website.

There was nothing fantastic or erotic about crucifixion, or any of the other torture that you may find on this site. Crucifixion has been described, with some justification, as the worst form if capital punishment ever devised, it was brutal, degrading, terrifying, and appalling. It was almost iinvariably fatal, with very few accounts of anyone actually surviving.

But I guess most of us know that. The issue for many of us is that we have been somewhat desensitized to the barbarity by the familiarity within the Christian part of the world with sanitized images of it.

But, how can we explain that we're sometimes searching elsewhere ( in Second Life, for example) this brutal, degrading, terrifying, and appalling fate ?
I think that somewhere , we ( I ) need of this deep desire to be into the worst ! ... and it's also afraid me ...
I've just illustrated that in my thread :
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/messaline-warrior.6453/page-3#post-359936

But, how can we explain that we're sometimes searching elsewhere ( in Second Life, for example) this brutal, degrading, terrifying, and appalling fate ?
I think that somewhere , we ( I ) need of this deep desire to be into the worst ! ... and it's also afraid me ...
I've just illustrated that in my thread :
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/messaline-warrior.6453/page-3#post-359936
I agree with you, it's very strange why we like this brutal form of execution. Yeas, it's beautiful looking when you are a spectator, but to feel that pain yourself, it willn't be nice. If it be with only ropes, then it's all right, but with nails - terrible. I can't explain, is it fetish or something like this? Crux dreams are torturing me from my childhood, first I was afraid of this, when I grown I thought that I liked bondage, but I was lieng to myself, 'couse I was afraid of forbidden dreams. Sometimes I'm afraid even now , after photos that I made with Vivian.

I agree with you, it's very strange why we like this brutal form of execution. Yeas, it's beautiful looking when you are a spectator, but to feel that pain yourself, it willn't be nice. If it be with only ropes, then it's all right, but with nails - terrible. I can't explain, is it fetish or something like this?

That 'fetish' has been always there with me too, and it appears inexplicable.

We do not 'like' it, I think. To my opinion, what actually drives us, is erotisation of death, through an extreme fantasy about that, basically, cruel execution method of crucifixion.

There was nothing fantastic or erotic about crucifixion, or any of the other torture that you may find on this site. Crucifixion has been described, with some justification, as the worst form if capital punishment ever devised, it was brutal, degrading, terrifying, and appalling. It was almost iinvariably fatal, with very few accounts of anyone actually surviving.
The thousand cuts is pretty bad. Stoning is probably no picnic. I don't know that there is anyone in a position to say which is the worst.

I seem to recall having this discussion on a thread some time back. I think the consensus was that being taken off the cross alive after nailing in earlier times would likely have led to subsequent death from infection. Of course, in the modern era, wounds to the hands and feet would be very unlikely to be fatal and the scenario of survival with only minimal aftereffects is quite reasonable.

As a non-crux fetishist I look for a good story with relatable characters. I got that here. I didn't really see the story as about crucifixion per se, but more about the extent that one person would sacrifice for another, which is very meaningful to me. Alicia could have been facing death from any number of ways, even from disease, and I would have been happy to read it.

I don't know that there is anyone in a position to say which is the worst.
I know. It's a bugger for us Chroniclers. :doh:

I don't know what I'd do without Jollyrei's help. ;)

I don't believe that poor Alicia has ever featured in a story of her own
Thanks Wragg, for this incredible story - it has certainly been an enjoyable and exciting experience, especially for those of us featured therein!

Although you did indeed agonise over your treatment of Alice/Alicia, I think you may rest assured that she is held in such high esteem on CF precisely because she has been regularly crucified over the past decade, and that is a significant part of the reason for our admiration.

Whilst Alice features in an enormous quantity of crux artwork, some of which has previously illustrated stories here, she is generally used to portray a character other than herself. Recent stories by Tree and Jollyrei include Alice, illustrated as herself, as a character who is incidental to the plot. She inspired a couple of stories by Cycle, in one of which she is specifically identified as Alice from Cruxdreams, although these were not illustrated.

As Alicia, beyond an extended caption to 'Ivdaea Capta 9f' which Madi has published in the Cruxers' Digest, I believe yours is indeed the first full length story in which she is a leading character, and in which she is authentically illustrated.

Thank you also for the honourable mention as a source of your inspiration - that is very generous. But if Alice had not spent 20 June 2007 in a forest outside Moscow with Koshka, Makar and Imagemaker, things would be very different around here. It is entirely thanks to her achievements on that day that we have such a wealth of artwork, of which mine is only a small part.

Three years after the Cruxdreams session, Makar suggested, 'I don't think we'll see Alice anymore. So, why not enjoy what we have?' Well, we have enjoyed seeing Alice for over ten years now, and I have no doubt we will continue to do so. Apart from Cypher's 'Alice Kiss, Crux, Ravens and Blood', all Alice manipulations had previously been based on Makar sources, and so I thought it would be appealing to create a totally new Alice crux series, using her Femjoy pictures.

I am delighted by how well these have been received, but credit for the inspiration must go to Alice.

Element 59cf5ab95adb1 detPSengt.jpg

Alicia was looking up at me with a look of utter anguish upon her face, tears pouring down her cheeks. It’s hard to watch someone you love being treated the way I’d just been treated; harder still when you know it is just about to happen to you as well. And I’d done a bloody useless job of trying to pretend to her that it didn’t hurt.

“Alicia….” I gasped, through clenched teeth. “Alicia!”

“I LOVE YOU!” she shrieked, as they began to drag her towards her cross.

“In the name of the gods, have some humanity! You can’t do… this… to a girl like her! Please! Let her go!”

I was wasting my precious breath. They completely ignored me, as I’d known they would. I heard Marcellinus laughing.

She never once took her eyes from mine as they dragged her down onto her cross, as they pulled her arms outstretched and tied her down.

“ROMAN BASTARDS!!! LOOK AT YOU, YOU COWARDLY CUNTS! SIX OF YOU FOR ONE GIRL!”

That got me a whiplash across my belly, and it got Alicia nowhere.

Helpless, I saw that the spikes they were using on her slender wrists were the same as they’d used on me. Helpless, I watched the hammer rise.

“ALICIA!” The hammer crashed down. I saw the blood spray from the wound the nail made, and the sound she made was an unearthly howl of rage, terror, and dreadful, dreadful pain. I watched her body convulsing with each blow of the mallet, again and again it struck. I flinched with each strike, despite the pain it caused me. That one nail seemed to take forever to drive home. For me, this was almost worse than my own crucifixion.

Alicia was pleading for her life. “STOP! Please! Oh please! STOP! I cannot stand this! Please! Take it out! I’ll do anything, just….GET IT OUT!”

She wasn’t watching me any more. With horrified fascination she watched the Carnifex, as he stood up and crossed over to her other wrist. “No! Oh No… Oh no… Oh Please, no.. NOOOOOOOO!”

I felt the nails burning in my own wrists, my shoulders tearing in their sockets, my feet throbbing as my entire weight was taken by smashed and fractured bones. What could I say to her? I could hardly tell her that the worst was yet to come.

Time seems to pass more slowly. There seemed a lifetime between each strike of the hammer, as I watched my darling Alicia undergo this most appalling of tortures. I was screaming at them to stop, Alicia was, by now, just screaming in horror, protesting by violently shaking her head from side to side.

My feet had been nailed side by side, four times I had endured the invasion of my body by hard steel. For Alicia, they did it differently, for what reason I could not comprehend, but they placed her right foot over her left foot. She lifted her head and watched as they did it.

She knew what was coming, and was screaming even before the hammer struck, lighting fires in both her feet at the same time as the nail went straight through and into the wood. That fucking hammer rose and fell endlessly again, until they were satisfied that Alicia and her cross were one, and so it would remain until and beyond her death.

The sign: ‘ALICIA: REBELLATRIX IUDAORUM’ was hammered into place above her head, but that was the only respite she got before they started to raise her into position opposite my cross. Slowly it rose; they didn’t drop it, despite her panic-stricken writhings as her weight came onto the nails.
Neither did they spare her the jolt. I hadn’t realised, from my own crucifixion, quite how far it fell. One moment she seemed to be towering above me, the next, we were level with each other, and she was thrashing up and down with the sheer violence of the crash.

View attachment 556142

I gazed at her until she opened her eyes and gazed back. For a while we just looked at each other in silent misery. Then she said, “Thank you.”

“What for?”

“There is no….way…..I could…..have borne…. this…. alone.”

View attachment 556143
Below me, Marcellinus gave a short bark of laughter. For me, the bitter pain of defeat was added to the pain of the cross.
Those fucking Romans had got their own way at last. I’d done my best to stop them, but now Alicia and Scaevola were crucified.

To be continued

Scaevola watches as Alicia is crucified:

For the Love of Alicia crux .jpg

Back
Top Bottom