Revisited?

Unspoken

Naughty!

Such a switch in Library!

Turn a page ...

Sorry Captain is it knob and tube?

Forgive me!!!

;)

Not many people today would actually know what knob and tube wiring was!
I grew up in a row house that was built in 1903. We still had gaslight fixtures in some rooms. (not active)

It was a row house Mansion. Leaded glass windows and a sliding door between the living room and the dinning room.

Above the second floor ... the wiring was never upgraded.

I think my parents bought it for $18000 in the day.

Now it's worth more than $300,000.

WTF

:doh:

Gosh, yes. And I think she's the first GIF posted here. Thanks, Eulalia.

Frank, have you ever met a poor dentist?

Just curious.:rolleyes:
No, actually, although some are less money-grubbing than others. When I had to have a tooth pulled, I was sent to a factory with at least 10 people in scrubs doing various things for the proprietor. But it is getting to be a little like lawyers in the United States--there are way too many, so it's harder to keep the income level up.

Yeah, it cost quite a bit to disable it in my 1917 house, with no original bathroom and big eaves and lots of screening shrubbery for climate control.

Yes, it would cost a lot! You literally have to rewire the entire house. I bought a house back in the 1980s that was built about 1920 and had knob and tube wiring which had already been replaced by two-wire Romex probably in the 1950s. They never bothered to pull out the old knob and tube wiring, so it was all still there but inactive.

I replaced it all with a three-wire grounded system, didn't run conduit but put in junction boxes, new switches and receptacles, lighting, everything. It would have cost a fortune to have all that done, but I did it all myself along with my two teen-aged sons and advice from my wife's uncle who owned an electrical supply house and was a licensed electrician.

Venerable Mom's family owned a large antebellum house that we'd visit when I was a boy. They must have upgraded the wiring in the 50s or thereabouts because there were a number of these still lying around during the Johnson administration. I never knew what the heck they were.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    23.9 KB · Views: 389
Some older renders by Devilsharvest, in which he delved into the Marvel/DC universes. Two studies of She-Hulk, one of Wonder Woman, and the first time I've ever seen either superheroine crucified naked.

Cool.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 277
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 284
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    540.3 KB · Views: 329
Venerable Mom's family owned a large antebellum house that we'd visit when I was a boy. They must have upgraded the wiring in the 50s or thereabouts because there were a number of these still lying around during the Johnson administration. I never knew what the heck they were.
Just a single wire isolation jack...

As the owner of a 1916 kit house bungalow, I will share a little old house owner humor.

The owner of an old house is in a bar having a drink when a hooker comes up to him and seductively whispers in his ear, "Baby, for $200.00 I'll do anything you want..." He thought for a minute and then said, "Would you re-wire my house?"

Not so sure about the first one, but the second one is a step in the right direction ;)

Ah, but note they're both gnashing their teeth

The owner of an old house is in a bar having a drink when a hooker comes up to him and seductively whispers in his ear, "Baby, for $200.00 I'll do anything you want..." He thought for a minute and then said, "Would you re-wire my house?"

Kinky.

Back
Top Bottom