I'm The One

Go to CruxDreams.com
In all honesty, she doesn't look weak.

Indeed, she does look remarkably fit :devil:

Might I suggest one of the fine attorneys from Dewey, Cheatham and Howe's Jerusalem office?

What,

4513.jpg

This one? :eek:

The whole point of Crucificateur's picture-story is that she's giving herself up to be crucified voluntarily, as 'the gift',
she does indeed remain outwardly calm, even ecstatic, throughout -
but that's not to say she isn't experiencing inwardly all the shame and fear Wragg's so vividly conveying

Great job, Wragg! In every verse, there's "they," the ones hungry for blood, for screams and agony. Someone else to transfer their own pain onto, perhaps? To make them feel proud, invincible, as opposed to weak and helpless?

And then there's "I" and "me" - the one who is the target of all of their wrath, who receives all of the abuse that accompanies and is part of death by crucifixion. While they howl for her blood, she is the one who is condemned, whipped, carries her cross, and has nails driven through her wrists and feet. In every case, she's set apart, and you captured that well.

No doubt that Crucificateur did wonderful work, but what I can regret is that he did too much ...
He's multiplying his pics and at the end, we're a little overwhelmed ...
1 / 10 could be suffiscient, in my opinion ... ;)

Great job, Wragg! In every verse, there's "they," the ones hungry for blood, for screams and agony. Someone else to transfer their own pain onto, perhaps? To make them feel proud, invincible, as opposed to weak and helpless?

And then there's "I" and "me" - the one who is the target of all of their wrath, who receives all of the abuse that accompanies and is part of death by crucifixion. While they howl for her blood, she is the one who is condemned, whipped, carries her cross, and has nails driven through her wrists and feet. In every case, she's set apart, and you captured that well.
Perfect - thanks, Jedakk! That was 100% the effect intended! :)

The whole point of Crucificateur's picture-story is that she's giving herself up to be crucified voluntarily, as 'the gift',
she does indeed remain outwardly calm, even ecstatic, throughout -
but that's not to say she isn't experiencing inwardly all the shame and fear Wragg's so vividly conveying

Yes. In the original the girl beautifully and willingly gave herself up to be crucified. She wanted it, craved it.
Could she still inwardly feel shame and fear? Maybe there is still a voice, the voice of her mother, her friends, telling her she should be ashamed, humiliated. Maybe she really feels it deep inside.
That may be all the more pleasurable for her!

Nice work as always Wragg old boy!

All that day I fight my cross
Until I see the dark’ning sky
I know my battle’s almost lost
And
I’m the one soon to die.

View attachment 428266 View attachment 428267

This is a most powerful picture about crucifixion. Whether there were hundreds watching her execution before or a few guards now she knows she is the cross' prey. There is no escape- no leaving Golgotha until the cross says so...

Wonderful poetry, Wragg. It perfectly matches Crucificateur's artwork and adds an emotional dimension to it that can hardly be achieved by images alone. A great idea of yours. Crucificateur's creations certainly deserve it.
Thanks, Repertor, and everyone else for the encouragement! :)

Back
Top Bottom