Images

Go to CruxDreams.com
I am not sure that you are not over-estimating the problem. The solution that strikes me is to simply try and ask for others to co-operate in identifying source works on a catch as catch can basis. No one expects you to instantly recognise every image out there...even Symperzero and Phlebas struggle to keep track of more than a few hundred images and artists.

Still as people come forwards it is a relatively simple matter to relabel individual pieces with the source for your own archives and information. It is not a project for a day or even a month or even maybe a year but something that can be progressed piecemeal. As long as you show willing the vast majority will show understanding.

look Zen, I'm not issuing an order, just giving advice.
Most members here are very happy to see their work used creatively,
just occasionally we get complaints.
It's a pity you haven't kept a record of sources
(I realise you may well have got your images from sites that don't identify them),
but I suggest you stay with us and carry on posting as before -
apart from doing as I suggest and taking a little look in the Archive,
1) you can respond to anyone who identifies a picture as 'theirs'
in a friendly way as you have done to Ascanio
2) if you come across an image on the Forums you know you've worked on,
you can acknowledge that when and where you see it, and
3) other members can and I'm sure will let you know where a lot of your images originated.

PS this post overlapped with RR's above, I agree entirely with what he's saying,
let's work together on this :)

Last edited:
I am not sure that you are not over-estimating the problem. The solution that strikes me is to simply try and ask for others to co-operate in identifying source works on a catch as catch can basis. No one expects you to instantly recognise every image out there...even Symperzero and Phlebas struggle to keep track of more than a few hundred images and artists.

Still as people come forwards it is a relatively simple matter to relabel individual pieces with the source for your own archives and information. It is not a project for a day or even a month or even maybe a year but something that can be progressed piecemeal. As long as you show willing the vast majority will show understanding.

R.R. The images I have all have no identification whatsoever... of the few here I've posted, some have already been identified by those who know, intrinsically, to whom they belong. Considering the dilemma here, that is helpful and I welcome any other such identifications of those already posted going forward. To the extent others, either those to whom the images belong or, simply to others who take umbrage to any degree at images being posted without identification, may be put off or offended, and being respectful of both scenarios, I will not be posting any others. I think that is best. Again, it has never been my intent to disrespect anyone or make anyone, to any extent, uncomfortable even had I been here for years, much less barely a month... obviously, I much admire, as an artist and a writer, all the work I have posted, otherwise I would never have saved it, let alone tweaked it. I am rather uncomfortable with this entire scenario and would, actually, prefer they all simply be removed. I can certainly assure everyone, given the situation, I will not be posting any more. I sincerely thank everyone for their input and suggestions.
look Zen, I'm not issuing an order, just giving advice.
Most members here are very happy to see their work used creatively,
just occasionally we get complaints.
It's a pity you haven't kept a record of sources
(I realise you may well have got your images from sites that don't identify them),
but I suggest you stay with us and carry on posting as before -
apart from doing as I suggest and taking a little look in the Archive,
1) you can respond to anyone who identifies a picture as 'theirs'
in a friendly way as you have done to Ascanio
2) if you come across an image on the Forums you know you've worked on,
you can acknowledge that when and where you see it, and
3) other members can and I'm sure will let you know where a lot of your images originated.

PS this post overlapped with RR's above, I agree entirely with what he's saying,
let's work together on this :)

Thank you Eul, and duly noted.

All this silly talk of ownership drives me mad. As far as I'm concerned if you post on the web it is no longer yours. This question of "ownership" causes arguments and prima donnas to fly off in a huff. One of the pics is "ours" but we didn't paint the arena in the background or pay the models. It's all nicked and that applies to Damian,Arcimboldo et al. If people wish to play with our pics then so what! There is no problem except misplaced pride and self importance. I do not want to see anyone leave because of so called ownership.

Well said, Melissa.

Honestly, as I've tried to improve my artistic ability, I began using more and more photo reference. I've found it helps me with composition and proportion to have a photo guide. So that must be said as a disclaimer before this next part. I draw "original content". But, then again, of course I don't. The concept of crucifixion, the human body, nails, none of those are my creation. What I do is I put my spin on things, my interpretation on things. It is ultimately an expression of my ideas. I actually don't care if my work is reposted without my permission/me knowing. I actually try and hunt down all the places my art has been posted just to see what the reaction was there. And it's impossible to not attribute it to me, because one quick google image search shows you the source, you know? On the internet, everything is creative commons this, remix culture that, sampling everything. Hell, my most popular work (my profile pic) is a photomanipulation with about six different photos, none of which belong to me. I do not create, I interpret. /rant.

But yeah, artists are well within their rights to get pissy if you don't tell people that they made a work you posted.

All this silly talk of ownership drives me mad. As far as I'm concerned if you post on the web it is no longer yours. This question of "ownership" causes arguments and prima donnas to fly off in a huff. One of the pics is "ours" but we didn't paint the arena in the background or pay the models. It's all nicked and that applies to Damian,Arcimboldo et al. If people wish to play with our pics then so what! There is no problem except misplaced pride and self importance. I do not want to see anyone leave because of so called ownership.
I think it's out a storm in a cup of coffee:eek:

Redux...

Attachments

• JpCxr.jpg
    JpCxr.jpg
    333.6 KB · Views: 704
  • 2140vgfadg.jpg
    2140vgfadg.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 602
  • 2fsh013.jpg
    2fsh013.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 625
here is welsh webs model shannon as christ in a painting i made some years ago

Very nice work.

Thank you Melissa. Your words here are much appreciated and, frankly, I could not possibly agree more.

Thanks, R.R. I think they're just gorgeous images, as so many are on this site.

Last edited:
And, more... please enjoy.017 Cross41.jpg 342828.jpg colosseum.jpg 1xvdsz5.jpg 3492931870.jpg 596.jpg Sabina Crucified Scene 36-1_0001.jpg PLF_KC_036.jpg ian99920708081256581.JPG Newfg 11.JPG

Arcimboldo's Colloseum (3rd from left) appears unretouched...but it would be very difficult to improve on his work. I'm still not sure about the inclusion in the arena of a well known English footballer with a moustache. However he has in the past included well known Hollywood actresses.

Arcimboldo's Colloseum (3rd from left) appears unretouched...but it would be very difficult to improve on his work. I'm still not sure about the inclusion in the arena of a well known English footballer with a moustache. However he has in the past included well known Hollywood actresses.

Melissa - It is tweaked. If you rightclick ( presupposing you're not on a Mac ) and "view image", then open the thumb to full size, it become apparent. I wasn't aware of the name, but that particular style ( I have a lot of them ) is very well done, I agree.

Last edited:
...am015.JPG 2940dgdsgy34.jpg Arenahvb179 copy.jpg 18dc2.jpg 2925028794.jpg 111.JPG 10d.jpg DarkWol506421.jpg 7478 copy.jpg 415488.jpg

Just out of interest the pic 5th from left has been cropped from an old one of "ours"..Suffering In Sepia. The bloke on the ladder is a very talented manipulator known as PhilX. If he couldn't find a suitable model he would pose himself....sometimes as women. Hold on....different model.But one we have used before....puzzled?

Attachments

• tmp_Suffering in Sepia-1543077268.jpg
    tmp_Suffering in Sepia-1543077268.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 546
Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of interest the pic 5th from left has been cropped from an old one of "ours"..Suffering In Sepia. The bloke on the ladder is a very talented manipulator known as PhilX. If he couldn't find a suitable model he would pose himself....sometimes as women. Hold on....different model.But one we have used before....puzzled?
well the "suffering in sepia" is a great image no matter what the story is behind it, thanks for posting it

well the "suffering in sepia" is a great image no matter what the story is behind it, thanks for posting it

If you're referring to mine, you're most welcome, if you're referring to Melissa's, my apologies for intruding.

Z

Back
Top Bottom