It continued in London

Go to CruxDreams.com
Henry looked in the direction of the Blitz and nodded at the yelling driver, who was already starting the engine. As he reached the vehicle it was already moving, and so, literally lobbing Barbara into the open back and clambering in beside her, keeping his head and body well down, they made their escape.
Totally Breathtaking Chapter!
I know we specialize in stories where people don't get away with their lives, but this is an outstanding example of a superbly written escape scene. Edge of the seat stuff there. Fantastic! Totally agree with Wragg here.

“Answer question, please, Fräulein Barbara Mohr!” Popov growled, pressing the gun barrel tightly to her forehead. “Live! You’ll like Moscow. Very nice city.”

“Go fuck yourself!”

But before Popov could pull the trigger, Henry, realizing that there was only one thing for it, shouted “Stop!” And springing to his feet, walked out into the clearing with his hands up.
Not exactly what I would have thought of as a classic heroic rescue strategy, surrendering before the fight starts, but let's see what Henry is up to.

“Untie the whore and let her put her blanket back on. Give him his pants and shirt, then tie them both. I’m taking them back to Moscow.”
Is this story ever going to continue in London again? We go to Berlin. We go to Moscow...:rolleyes::D

Last edited:
“Don’t apologize, Grand. It’s time to cut your losses and write Underwood and Fräulein Mohr off. Indeed, if possible, see that they are promptly liquidated!”
So, let's try to sort this out. Barb and Henry work for the British, but they were captured by the Nazis, and then escaped with the help of the Red Resistance, only to be captured by the NKVD. The Nazis probably want them dead, the Soviets appear to want to bury them in Lubyanka, where they'll probably die, and the British are now ready to liquidate them (not that they seem to actually know where they are). With friends like that...

And so, leaving the uncertain fate of Barb and Henry in the hands of the Muscovites (and possibly the Londoners), we bring to a conclusion the second part of the Chronicles of Fräulein Barbara Mohr
OH BOTHER! ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER! I HATE NOT KNOWING IF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE OR NOT.
DeathReading03.jpg

Well done Barb and Fossy! An excellent crux-girl's-own adventure story once again. :thumbup::headbang::beer::clapping:

Is this story ever going to continue in London again? We go to Berlin. We go to Moscow...:rolleyes::D

OH BOTHER! ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER! I HATE NOT KNOWING IF PEOPLE ARE GOING TO DIE OR NOT.
DeathReading03.jpg
They say patience is a virtue, Jolly. Hang in there and eventually …. Well ….. shhhhhhh now :rolleyes:

They say patience is a virtue, Jolly. Hang in there and eventually …. Well ….. shhhhhhh now
LOOK, I KNOW ALL ABOUT EVENTUALLY. I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS EVENTUALLY. I AM EVENTUALLY.
BUT SOMETIMES I LIKE TO SUSPEND MY DISBELIEF AND PRETEND THAT THERE IS A HAPPY ENDING. JUST ONE OF MY LITTLE IDIOSYNCRASIES, I SUPPOSE. ANYWAY, IT WAS STILL A FANTASTIC READ. TRY TO STAY OUT OF RUSSIA IN THE NEXT ONE. :devil:
Death-072.jpg

LOOK, I KNOW ALL ABOUT EVENTUALLY. I KNOW WHAT HAPPENS EVENTUALLY. I AM EVENTUALLY.
BUT SOMETIMES I LIKE TO SUSPEND MY DISBELIEF AND PRETEND THAT THERE IS A HAPPY ENDING. JUST ONE OF MY LITTLE IDIOSYNCRASIES, I SUPPOSE. ANYWAY, IT WAS STILL A FANTASTIC READ. TRY TO STAY OUT OF RUSSIA IN THE NEXT ONE. :devil:
View attachment 1413031
Who needs an angel of death when Stalin is in charge? :eek:

Back
Top Bottom