Saturday, January 13, 2018–Day 13: In the words of Bob Dylan:
"Well, they'll stone ya when you're trying to be so good
They'll stone ya just a-like they said they would
They'll stone ya when you're tryin' to go home
Then they'll stone ya when you're there all alone
But I would not feel so all alone
Everybody must get stoned."

From 2010

one would think being crucified was enough ...

The stoning can be an act of mercy. One well throw rock could kill her instantly. Even if they are careful to avoid the head, broken ribs and internal bleeding could lead to a quicker death.
If she's smart, she'll taunt them like the dunktank clown.

But as an act of ambiguously brutal mercy, stoning is a goddam clumsy way to go about it. Best to break her ribs and legs with mallets and be done with it.

No, these are just a pair of idle, possibly drunk yahoos having a bit of fun.

Leave me and my cousin out of this!!!

I am reminded of John 7:53–8:11, where the woman taken in adultery is brought before Jesus.

When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let anyone among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." And once again he bent down and wrote on the ground. When they heard it, they went away, one by one, beginning with the elders; and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. And then a stone flew by him and hit the woman smack in her mouth. And he turned around and said, "Aw, Mom, I told you to stay outta this!!!"

Sunday, January 14, 2018–Day 14:
Why bother to cut down a tree when you have a whole forest of perfectly good trees to which to nail a pretty victim...?
"Honey, did I leave my keys in there...?

From 2009

Attachments

• woodfist2 r.jpg
    woodfist2 r.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 1,253
Sunday, January 14, 2018–Day 14:
Why bother to cut down a tree when you have a whole forest of perfectly good trees to which to nail a pretty victim...?
"Honey, did I leave my keys in there...?

From 2009

Is this what happened to the Roman camp followers after the Legionnaire's defeat in the Teutoberg Forest?

Is this what happened to the Roman camp followers after the Legionnaire's defeat in the Teutoberg Forest?

I dunno, Barb. The dudes who kicked Roman ass at Teutoburger Wald were tad more hairy in at least two definitions of that word.

Attachments

• FF522EDD-BCB0-4972-8AB0-4F8B14510A62.jpeg
    FF522EDD-BCB0-4972-8AB0-4F8B14510A62.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 1,168
Actually I have long been fascinated by the disaster and have read several historical texts as well as a novel about what happened there. I also wrote a poem story for CF loosely based on the idea, which I think was called “the defile” or something like that. It’s been a while and I’m not sure where to find it.

Ladies, you mean "legionaries," not "legionnaires."

The former were the sinews of the of the Caesars and the Imperium. The latter were the middle aged guys I remember from my boyhood still who were still arguing whether it was Hürtgen Forest or The Bulge that was the bigger/more important battle in January of '45.

Back
Top Bottom