Jedakk's Masterpiece

Go to CruxDreams.com
Can you imagine what will happen on her final crucifixion? :eek:

She's defiant now, but she must dread that day...:eek:

It's an interesting question. When I imagined the Lucilla character, I thought about how she'd likely act for her first crucifixion - disbelief, fearful, begging probably. Then when it was time for her second crucifixion, terrified because now she knows how bad it's going to be, pleading for mercy.

But by the sixth time, she's just well and truly pissed off at everyone, executioners and the crowds that come to watch her suffer as well. And she's found some chinks in the executioners' armor. They can't afford to seriously injure her, or do anything that would disable her for further crucifixions. So she thinks she can abuse them verbally and hurt them physically if she gets the opportunity without any more consequences than she's going to get anyway.

She believes she has nothing to lose, and this makes her dangerous. But she's about to find out differently.

So victims are supposed to go to the cross beaten down and in terror, as are the two men about to be crucified with Lucilla. But she is angry and defiant and looking for ways to take vengeance on the executioners, the crowd, anyone who happens to come within reach. And someone does. Here's how Sabina describes what happens:

One of the onlookers, a man in a brown tunic to the woman’s right, was walking alongside the procession as it moved toward the place of execution. In a conversation with a friend, he failed to notice that the woman was drifting over closer to him as they walked. From the front, you could see her cutting her eyes toward him, clearly showing interest. But she was careful not to turn her head, and her guard, several steps behind her, never saw what was coming. Not even when she pretended to stumble so that he suddenly found himself close behind her and the lead chain he was holding went slack. And then the man who had been next to her was a step in front. And that was when she struck.

When she felt the chain to her collar go slack, she launched herself forward with a scream of fury and whipped the chain of her wrist shackles over the man’s head and around his neck. Slamming a knee into his back and hanging on the wrist chain, she drove him forward and climbed up on his back, riding him down to the ground. She screamed and laughed like a maniac as she smashed his face into the dirt, stunning him, then she quickly looped the chain around his throat and jerked it tight.​

It was so completely unexpected that it paralyzed the gaping onlookers for a moment, including her handler, who stared for an instant like he’d never seen such a thing. And no doubt he hadn’t, nor had anyone else. When he gathered his wits, he hauled back on her lead chain. But he didn’t dare pull too hard for fear of breaking her neck and enabling her to escape the cross. The result was not nearly enough to dislodge her grip on her thrashing prey or stop her wild laughter.

The big Nubian guard Hercules hurried to help. He wrapped a massive arm around the woman’s waist and easily lifted her off of the man, but even hanging head down with her legs in the air, she kept the chain looped tightly around his throat.

Ajax left his pitiful charges to help too, then danced around as if he couldn’t decide who or what to take hold of, since brute force obviously wasn’t working. The condemned on their way to the cross were not supposed to behave this way. In the meantime, the man’s eyes rolled back as he continued choking.

Finally, Ajax dropped to his knees and wrestled the chain loose, but as soon as it was free, the woman delivered a vicious elbow to Hercules’ groin that felled him like an oak. Several of the men around me groaned at that before joining the rest of the crowd in laughter. When Hercules went down, she rolled away, bounced up on her feet, and stalked off down the road towards us, a smug look on her face and her handler in tow.​

Every story needs a little comic relief!

Attachments

• Lucilla Scene 2-12_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 2-12_0001.jpg
    917.6 KB · Views: 950
  • Lucilla Scene 2-21_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 2-21_0001.jpg
    791.1 KB · Views: 801
  • Lucilla Scene 3-11_0001 edited.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 3-11_0001 edited.jpg
    881.5 KB · Views: 666
  • Lucilla Scene 3-12_0001 edited.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 3-12_0001 edited.jpg
    657.1 KB · Views: 757
So victims are supposed to go to the cross beaten down and in terror, as are the two men about to be crucified with Lucilla. But she is angry and defiant and looking for ways to take vengeance on the executioners, the crowd, anyone who happens to come within reach. And someone does. Here's how Sabina describes what happens:

One of the onlookers, a man in a brown tunic to the woman’s right, was walking alongside the procession as it moved toward the place of execution. In a conversation with a friend, he failed to notice that the woman was drifting over closer to him as they walked. From the front, you could see her cutting her eyes toward him, clearly showing interest. But she was careful not to turn her head, and her guard, several steps behind her, never saw what was coming. Not even when she pretended to stumble so that he suddenly found himself close behind her and the lead chain he was holding went slack. And then the man who had been next to her was a step in front. And that was when she struck.

When she felt the chain to her collar go slack, she launched herself forward with a scream of fury and whipped the chain of her wrist shackles over the man’s head and around his neck. Slamming a knee into his back and hanging on the wrist chain, she drove him forward and climbed up on his back, riding him down to the ground. She screamed and laughed like a maniac as she smashed his face into the dirt, stunning him, then she quickly looped the chain around his throat and jerked it tight.​

It was so completely unexpected that it paralyzed the gaping onlookers for a moment, including her handler, who stared for an instant like he’d never seen such a thing. And no doubt he hadn’t, nor had anyone else. When he gathered his wits, he hauled back on her lead chain. But he didn’t dare pull too hard for fear of breaking her neck and enabling her to escape the cross. The result was not nearly enough to dislodge her grip on her thrashing prey or stop her wild laughter.

The big Nubian guard Hercules hurried to help. He wrapped a massive arm around the woman’s waist and easily lifted her off of the man, but even hanging head down with her legs in the air, she kept the chain looped tightly around his throat.

Ajax left his pitiful charges to help too, then danced around as if he couldn’t decide who or what to take hold of, since brute force obviously wasn’t working. The condemned on their way to the cross were not supposed to behave this way. In the meantime, the man’s eyes rolled back as he continued choking.

Finally, Ajax dropped to his knees and wrestled the chain loose, but as soon as it was free, the woman delivered a vicious elbow to Hercules’ groin that felled him like an oak. Several of the men around me groaned at that before joining the rest of the crowd in laughter. When Hercules went down, she rolled away, bounced up on her feet, and stalked off down the road towards us, a smug look on her face and her handler in tow.​

Every story needs a little comic relief!

A fiery little vixen she is!!!

Nice set, Jedakk!!

Dammit, realized that I posted the wrong version of one of that last set of pics of Lucilla! That was one of the few that I had to edit in Photoshop to get the loincloth right. Should have been this one instead:

Attachments

• Lucilla Scene 2-12_0001 edited.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 2-12_0001 edited.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 516
My hair would be longer and my back probably scared but that would be me!!!!!!!!!!!!

new avatar!.jpg

:rolleyes:

Dammit, realized that I posted the wrong version of one of that last set of pics of Lucilla! That was one of the few that I had to edit in Photoshop to get the loincloth right. Should have been this one instead:

not the kind of activity we recommend for newbies
on 'Every Girl's Guide to being a Slave' :p

The executioners crucify the two men first. Publius is the first one to be nailed to his cross, while Verina, the prostitute. heaps abuse on him.

Verina continued to laugh at his agony and heap abuse on him. “I want to see you take that cornu up your ass, Publius! Think about how that’s going to feel going in, all rough and splintery! And it’s bigger and harder than that floppy little worm you stuck in me!”
They take Antius, the other one, next. Sabina describes the scene as they nail his wrists to the patibulum:

He continued to plead and became hysterical when Antius pressed the point of a nail against his wrist and raised his hammer. His babbling was cut off with an agonized scream as the first blow of the hammer fell. Verina and I laughed out loud at the ridiculous way his cock flopped from side to side as his body jerked following each blow of the hammer, like the shock of the hammer would travel down his body and come out there. It was so funny to watch!​

This is a reminder that Sabina has come to watch this crucifixion because she enjoys it. And she joins right in with the cruelty of the crowd, not knowing that in a few days time, she'll be on the receiving end of it herself.

Now it's Lucilla's turn.

When they came for the woman Lucilla, she angrily tore off her loincloth and threw it in Antius’ face. There was laughter along with murmurs of appreciation from the crowd at that. She was just as tanned underneath as she was everywhere else, and clean-shaven between her legs.

Antius threw the cloth on the ground. “Lucilla,” he said testily, “we can do this the easy way or the hard way, your choice. But we are going to put you back up on a cross now.”

“Fuck you Antius, you shit-eating, cock sucking bastard!” She shouted at him, straining against the taut chain at her neck that held her back like a wild animal. If he’d been within her reach there was little doubt that she’d have been on him, scratching, biting and trying to throttle him just like the spectator she’d had a go at earlier. Instead she heaped more abuse on him. “That filthy, poxy, leprous whore of a mother of yours should have left you in the latrine where she dropped you like the steaming pile of shit that you are!”

“Lucilla, I know you only say these things to try to win my heart, but I’m not one to give up my virtue so easily!” He waited for the laughter of the crowd to die down before continuing. “If it was up to me, I’d nail you to a cross right now, and in three or four days you’d be dead.

“But I - didn’t – poison - him! I wasn’t even there! When I came back from the market, they were all already dead or dying. I was the one who went for help! How can they call me guilty when I wasn’t even there! It’s not fair!”

“Fair doesn’t matter. The magistrate sentenced you to this; it’s our job to carry out his sentence. We’re just workmen doing our job.”
Standing there naked in her chains, Lucilla continues to argue, insult and threaten everyone around her. Finally, Antius calmly deals her a threat that breaks her spirit:

“Lucilla, don’t forget I can make it worse for you. There’s the good sedile that gives you a place to rest on, and then there are many kinds of bad sediles that will make you pay a price, like that groaning bastard there is finding out now,” he said, pointing at Publius on his cross. “Remember what it was like when I gave you a bad one? Want to spend another week of misery like that?

“And that’s not the worst I can do. I could easily lose count of just how many times I’ve put you up on a cross. Let’s see,” he said, pretending to count to five on his fingers, “has it been five times…” He folded the last finger down. “Maybe I was wrong, maybe it’s only been four times now.”

She stared at the executioner, speechless. A tear started down her cheek and her shoulders slumped. She was beaten. “Fuck you all… oh gods, fuck you all,” she trailed off, nothing left to say.​

With Lucilla finally compliant, Antius tells his helpers to put her on the cross.

“Ajax, Hercules, put her on the cross,” the executioner said. His two big Nubian helpers moved in, one holding her arms from behind while the other unfastened her shackles and collar. They were about to drag her over to her cross, but paused when she shook her head.

“No, let me do it,” she sobbed, “I can do it. Just… when I lie down, hurry and get it done.” She rubbed the tears away, straightened herself and resolutely walked over to the X-shaped cross that lay waiting for her between where the two other victims now struggled and moaned in agony. There was a murmur from the crowd; no one had ever seen a victim walk calmly to her cross without a struggle.​

Lucilla sits down on the cross and positions herself:

Lucilla straddled the cross’s center post and carefully eased her bare bottom down onto the timber near the place where its arms intersected, taking care to avoid any splinters. She spread her legs and positioned her feet one at a time on the cross arms where they would go when she was crucified. She leaned back and used her arms to lift her hips and slide her buttocks down a bit, fitting herself to the X-shape. Even though her legs were spread wide toward the crowd, she showed no embarrassment. I suppose she was long past all of that.​

I should have done more illustrations for this part of the story, but I got lazy I guess.

Attachments

• Lucilla Scene 13x4-65d_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4-65d_0001.jpg
    864.8 KB · Views: 1,294
  • Lucilla Scene 4-5_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 4-5_0001.jpg
    809.1 KB · Views: 1,096
  • Lucilla Scene 4-6_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 4-6_0001.jpg
    843 KB · Views: 960
  • Lucilla Scene 4-11_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 4-11_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,063
  • Lucilla Scene 4-13_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 4-13_0001.jpg
    646.9 KB · Views: 1,065
beautifully described, Jedakk -
yes, it's when I voluntarily sit down on the stipes and position my legs,
and say goodbye to the earth, that signals my final and complete surrender...

I should have done more illustrations for this part of the story, but I got lazy I guess.
but not too late :devil:...................................I hope

but not too late :devil:...................................I hope

True, I have gone back and done some illustrations of scenes after I put the book together. In my experience, it's a lot easier to produce an interesting and dramatic scene if you have a story to go by rather than creating a scene with no story.

Lucilla took a moment to mentally prepare herself for what was coming before she lay back on the cross and submitted herself to the executioners. She had asked them to be quick about it once she positioned herself. She is resigned to her fate, but her courage will only go so far. Here's Sabina's description:

When she had positioned herself as best she could, she sat there for a moment with her eyes closed, breathing deeply. I supposed she was either mentally preparing herself to face what she must endure, or maybe she was just putting off the beginning of her torture a little longer. Who knows what’s really in another person’s mind? In any case, once she lay back on the cross and submitted to the executioners, she would be helpless, and then the slow torture of the cross would begin.​

But she could not put it off for too long. The two Nubians were poised with their ropes, ready to tie her wrists. Their patience would not last long. After a moment, she gave a sigh, lay back and stretched her arms out along the upper beams of the cross, palms up, curling her fingers into fists. She did not have to wait at all.​

She sighed when the coils of rope drew her wrists down tightly against the timber. The ritual of crucifixion had begun, and there was nothing she could do to put it off any longer. She did not resist, only watched as the Nubians kneeling on either side of her methodically roped her wrists securely in place, making sure that she could not work them free no matter how desperate her struggles became during the coming days.

They left her feet loose. Lucilla would hang by her wrists when they raised her cross. The two Nubians moved to opposite sides of the X and prepared to lift.

Attachments

• Lucilla Scene 4-12_0005.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 4-12_0005.jpg
    959.6 KB · Views: 924
  • Lucilla Scene 6-4_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 6-4_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 957
  • Lucilla Scene 6-5_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 6-5_0001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 916
  • Lucilla Scene 6-31_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 6-31_0001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,036
  • Lucilla Scene 6-33_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 6-33_0001.jpg
    796.4 KB · Views: 971
  • Lucilla Scene 6-42_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 6-42_0001.jpg
    759.9 KB · Views: 888
  • Lucilla Scene 5-12_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 5-12_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 962
  • Lucilla Scene 5-21_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 5-21_0001.jpg
    971 KB · Views: 1,002
True, I have gone back and done some illustrations of scenes after I put the book together. In my experience, it's a lot easier to produce an interesting and dramatic scene if you have a story to go by rather than creating a scene with no story.
agree complete

“I could easily lose count of just how many times I’ve put you up on a cross...
She stared at the executioner, speechless. ... She was beaten.
With Lucilla finally compliant, Antius tells his helpers to put her on the cross...
“No, let me do it,” she sobbed, “I can do it. Just… when I lie down, hurry and get it done.”... no one had ever seen a victim walk calmly to her cross without a struggle.
Lucilla sits down on the cross and positions herself...
Well that's just furiously hot.

Uhhh stupid comment. I'll try to say something proper ;)

I like the way there's the torture of the mind (how many agonies times again until it's the last - the final one? no more delay, however much she dreads it, let it be sooner, rather and end in terror than a terror without end!

And I like how she's broken by that, it's her will that's conquered, and she guides her body by her own will then,
...a will that serves the executioner. That serves the cross.

(Instead of just having her body broken.)

She fits herself to the shape of the cross.

And almost ridiculously, she avoids the splinters, although in her mind she knows when she's been up as often as needed, there will be nails. But that's the instinct beneath the will.

I like that and all wrapped together, it's hot.

Uhhh stupid comment. I'll try to say something proper ;)

I like the way there's the torture of the mind (how many agonies times again until it's the last - the final one? no more delay, however much she dreads it, let it be sooner, rather and end in terror than a terror without end!

And I like how she's broken by that, it's her will that's conquered, and she guides her body by her own will then,
...a will that serves the executioner. That serves the cross.

(Instead of just having her body broken.)

She fits herself to the shape of the cross.

And almost ridiculously, she avoids the splinters, although in her mind she knows when she's been up as often as needed, there will be nails. But that's the instinct beneath the will.

I like that and all wrapped together, it's hot.

When I was writing this, I realized that during the space of time between Antius allowing her to place herself on the cross and the executioner's helpers beginning to rope her wrists, that part of her execution was left up to her. Her chains had already been removed, and no one had hold of her to restrain her. The only constraint was time; she couldn't be seen to be delaying things, or they'd seize her and finish the job.

Otherwise, she was free to walk to the cross and position herself on it.

Which would have taken a lot of courage and will power, especially since she knew so well what was coming. She'd already had variations of this done to her five times before.

So I thought about what she would have done. She could have straddled the cross before sitting down on it, or she could have sat down and swung one leg across it. The cross was rough and maybe had splinters, so she would want to avoid those. Better to straddle it first, then carefully place that soft bare ass of hers on the wood. And it's an "X" cross, so she'd "fit herself to it," align her legs with its lower cross arms, maybe, which is what she's doing in the pictures. And she'd probably have to lean back on her arms, lift up her bottom and position it where it felt right - or as right as it could feel on an instrument of torture.

All the while, she'd be on edge, knowing that any moment the executioners could get impatient, grab her and pull her roughly down and finish the job.

So like just about everything I write, I thought a bit about the different ways this could go and picked the one that seemed to be most natural and likely. I'm glad it came out the way it did.

When I was writing this, I realized that during the space of time between Antius allowing her to place herself on the cross and the executioner's helpers beginning to rope her wrists, that part of her execution was left up to her. Her chains had already been removed, and no one had hold of her to restrain her. The only constraint was time; she couldn't be seen to be delaying things, or they'd seize her and finish the job.

Otherwise, she was free to walk to the cross and position herself on it.

Which would have taken a lot of courage and will power, especially since she knew so well what was coming. She'd already had variations of this done to her five times before.

So I thought about what she would have done. She could have straddled the cross before sitting down on it, or she could have sat down and swung one leg across it. The cross was rough and maybe had splinters, so she would want to avoid those. Better to straddle it first, then carefully place that soft bare ass of hers on the wood. And it's an "X" cross, so she'd "fit herself to it," align her legs with its lower cross arms, maybe, which is what she's doing in the pictures. And she'd probably have to lean back on her arms, lift up her bottom and position it where it felt right - or as right as it could feel on an instrument of torture.

All the while, she'd be on edge, knowing that any moment the executioners could get impatient, grab her and pull her roughly down and finish the job.

So like just about everything I write, I thought a bit about the different ways this could go and picked the one that seemed to be most natural and likely. I'm glad it came out the way it did.
I have written about that moment of submission in various ways in other threads.

While trying to run seems logical on the surface she knows she is surrounded by soldiers and mercenaries and escape is not going to happen. She is stripped of every remnant of dignity as we know it but her pride and courage. She will retain that as long as she can.

Beautifully done illustrations but an exquisite tale, jedakk...
T

I have written about that moment of submission in various ways in other threads.

While trying to run seems logical on the surface she knows she is surrounded by soldiers and mercenaries and escape is not going to happen. She is stripped of every remnant of dignity as we know it but her pride and courage. She will retain that as long as she can.

Beautifully done illustrations but an exquisite tale, jedakk...
T

Thanks! You're right, her instinct probably would be to run, to seize even a remote shred of hope. But even if she could elude her executioners somehow, there are so many other men there who would jump at the chance to tackle her and haul her back, kicking and screaming. And of course, Antius has already hinted to her at what he could do, should she choose to make things difficult.

With her wrists bound securely, it's time to raise Lucilla's cross. Her feet remain free; they will rope them in place once the cross is raised and she is hanging. Here's Sabina's description as she watches in fascination:

The crossbeams that formed the X were mounted on a single post at their intersection. As the Nubians lifted, Antius used a shovel to brace against the base of the post so it would pivot and slide into its hole. Lucilla moaned when she felt the cross begin to move, knowing that the long, drawn-out agony she had already experienced so many times was about to begin yet again.​

When the cross began to tilt upward, Lucilla pulled her feet up, planting the soles flat against the post. A hush fell over the crowd; everyone watching knew, as did she, what was coming. When the cross angled steeply enough, it would fall into the hole, and she would fall along with it. And when it hit bottom, even though her hands were only bound with ropes, it would hurt. She knew as well as all of us watching that there was nothing she could do that would help; despite that, she tried to brace her feet against the wood.​

Everything seemed to happen slowly then, even though it was done in a few heartbeats. I stared along with the crowd as the cross slipped down a little at a time, sliding and stopping repeatedly as it approached the vertical. At first, Lucilla’s feet braced her against the small, sudden drops. But as the cross rose higher, they began to lose their purchase on the wood, and her arms straightened and extended farther.​

Attachments

• Lucilla Scene 7-1_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 7-1_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 946
  • Lucilla Scene 7-2_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 7-2_0001.jpg
    809.5 KB · Views: 904
  • Lucilla Scene 7-4_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 7-4_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 829
  • Lucilla Scene 7-5_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 7-5_0001.jpg
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 853
  • Lucilla Scene 7-16_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 7-16_0001.jpg
    810.7 KB · Views: 881
  • Lucilla Scene 7-17_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 7-17_0001.jpg
    738.9 KB · Views: 948
With her wrists bound securely, it's time to raise Lucilla's cross. Her feet remain free; they will rope them in place once the cross is raised and she is hanging. Here's Sabina's description as she watches in fascination:

The crossbeams that formed the X were mounted on a single post at their intersection. As the Nubians lifted, Antius used a shovel to brace against the base of the post so it would pivot and slide into its hole. Lucilla moaned when she felt the cross begin to move, knowing that the long, drawn-out agony she had already experienced so many times was about to begin yet again.​

When the cross began to tilt upward, Lucilla pulled her feet up, planting the soles flat against the post. A hush fell over the crowd; everyone watching knew, as did she, what was coming. When the cross angled steeply enough, it would fall into the hole, and she would fall along with it. And when it hit bottom, even though her hands were only bound with ropes, it would hurt. She knew as well as all of us watching that there was nothing she could do that would help; despite that, she tried to brace her feet against the wood.​

Everything seemed to happen slowly then, even though it was done in a few heartbeats. I stared along with the crowd as the cross slipped down a little at a time, sliding and stopping repeatedly as it approached the vertical. At first, Lucilla’s feet braced her against the small, sudden drops. But as the cross rose higher, they began to lose their purchase on the wood, and her arms straightened and extended farther.​
It is good seeing men enjoying their work...

She is sure to pick up some splinters in her bum and back. One cannot expect a fresh smooth cross for such a worthless wench!!!

Back
Top Bottom