Jedakk's Masterpiece

Go to CruxDreams.com
After a few moments, Lucilla gave up struggling, her body went limp, and she hung quietly by her wrists. The cross was still leaning forward and the executioners had made no attempt as yet to straighten it and fill in the hole around its base.

This scene was not in the story. I went back and created it afterward because I wanted to capture more of what would have happened in a scenario like this, where the cross is tipped forward leaving the victim hanging this way. If you were going to raise an entire cross by lifting it this way, I think there's a high risk of this happening unless the executioners were prepared to prevent it or cared.
...and we know they don't care....

...and we know they don't care....

They might be glad to get a chance to make things harder on her since she's given them so much grief. They normally have to watch what they do so they don't either kill her prematurely or render her incapable of going on with the rest of her crucifixions. Balbus, the carnifex, who is also their master would not be happy with them.

Last edited:
I'm using what I'm learning from Lucilla quite shamelessly in my contribution to 'The Competition',
I hope you accept imitation as the sincerest form of flattery, Jeddak! :D

Shamelessly, but oh so effectively .... check it out everyone!;)

Is it time to show Lucilla's final crucifixion?

There's still more to do. The executioners have to straighten up the cross, fill in the hole, set her sedile in place, tie one foot and then the other. During that, things happen. The executioners aren't in any hurry. These are the things that make it a story rather than just another random picture of a naked girl on a cross.

There's still more to do. The executioners have to straighten up the cross, fill in the hole, set her sedile in place, tie one foot and then the other. During that, things happen. The executioners aren't in any hurry. These are the things that make it a story rather than just another random picture of a naked girl on a cross.
...and a great story at that...

Jedakk has developed a richly layered tome that is only enhanced by his art... Enjoy the (and Lucilla's) ride....

T

When the executioners got around to straightening Lucilla's cross up and shoveling dirt into the hole, she managed to get her feet up on the sides of the lower crossbars and push herself up on the cross, relieving her wrists, arms and shoulders. Sabina describes what she saw:

The executioner’s helpers took their time pushing the cross up straight and filling in the hole around it, obviously in no hurry to tie Lucilla’s feet in place. As her back settled against the timber, she managed to swing first one foot, and then the other around and find some support on the tops of the lower crossbars.
When I wrote that, I wasn't really sure it was physically possible. Just in the past few days I decided that I wanted to create another scene showing how she did it. Here are Antius and Hercules straightening up the cross and filling in the hole while Ajax enjoys watching Lucilla trying to get a foot up on one of the lower crossbars:

It took some work to get Lucilla's pose right. To do that, she first had to place her left foot so that she could hook her toes around the right side of the stipes and try to push her hips toward the right. Pushing with her leg that way would have pushed her hips outward as well as to her right, and she would have twisted her hips to her right to make it easier to bring her right foot up and onto the crossbeam. Her whole body would have to twist, and her bound wrists would have made it a bit difficult. This was a challenging pose to work out and create.

And believe it or not, that damned shoveling pose wasn't easy either. As much shoveling as I've done in my life you'd think it would have been a no-brainer, but I've never watched myself shovel. I could have created something, but it probably wouldn't have looked right. I finally used a picture of an old etching showing a couple of guys digging as a reference, and I have to say that I think Antius knows his way around a shovel.

Now, with her right leg solidly up on that crossbar, could she swing her left leg up and get that foot on the other crossbar? Could she find a more completely exposed and humiliating position? And will the executioners take advantage of that? Tune in for the next exciting episode to find out! :devil::devil::devil:

Attachments

• Lucilla Scene 9x5-1_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 9x5-1_0001.jpg
    797.6 KB · Views: 1,097
  • Lucilla Scene 9x5-2_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 9x5-2_0001.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 883
  • Lucilla Scene 9x5-10_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 9x5-10_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 809
  • Lucilla Scene 9x5-11_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 9x5-11_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 752
  • Lucilla Scene 9x5-16_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 9x5-16_0001.jpg
    659.9 KB · Views: 773
  • Lucilla Scene 9x5-53_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 9x5-53_0001.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 857
  • Lucilla Scene 9x5-70_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 9x5-70_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,296
  • Lucilla Scene 9x5-78_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 9x5-78_0001.jpg
    680.1 KB · Views: 895
  • Lucilla Scene 9x5-81_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 9x5-81_0001.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 788
  • Lucilla Scene 9x5-85_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 9x5-85_0001.jpg
    907.9 KB · Views: 911
When the executioners got around to straightening Lucilla's cross up and shoveling dirt into the hole, she managed to get her feet up on the sides of the lower crossbars and push herself up on the cross, relieving her wrists, arms and shoulders. Sabina describes what she saw:

The executioner’s helpers took their time pushing the cross up straight and filling in the hole around it, obviously in no hurry to tie Lucilla’s feet in place. As her back settled against the timber, she managed to swing first one foot, and then the other around and find some support on the tops of the lower crossbars.
When I wrote that, I wasn't really sure it was physically possible. Just in the past few days I decided that I wanted to create another scene showing how she did it. Here are Antius and Hercules straightening up the cross and filling in the hole while Ajax enjoys watching Lucilla trying to get a foot up on one of the lower crossbars:

It took some work to get Lucilla's pose right. To do that, she first had to place her left foot so that she could hook her toes around the right side of the stipes and try to push her hips toward the right. Pushing with her leg that way would have pushed her hips outward as well as to her right, and she would have twisted her hips to her right to make it easier to bring her right foot up and onto the crossbeam. Her whole body would have to twist, and her bound wrists would have made it a bit difficult. This was a challenging pose to work out and create.

And believe it or not, that damned shoveling pose wasn't easy either. As much shoveling as I've done in my life you'd think it would have been a no-brainer, but I've never watched myself shovel. I could have created something, but it probably wouldn't have looked right. I finally used a picture of an old etching showing a couple of guys digging as a reference, and I have to say that I think Antius knows his way around a shovel.

Now, with her right leg solidly up on that crossbar, could she swing her left leg up and get that foot on the other crossbar? Could she find a more completely exposed and humiliating position? And will the executioners take advantage of that? Tune in for the next exciting episode to find out! :devil::devil::devil:

I think the group pic in this post is very interesting, I like the wide angle perspective that shows her struggles in relationship to the others.

Her whole body would have to twist, and her bound wrists would have made it a bit difficult.
that's surely a classic understatement,
the position you've got her into is convincingly possible,
but, if the strain of hanging by both wrists as a dead weight is bad,
twisting like that and lifting her leg would be wrenchingly worse -
looking at those brilliant renders, I can feel how it would tear
from my left arm across my shoulders and down my back! :eek:

The big 'if' now is whether her right foot can keep enough purchase
on the slippery, splintery wood while she squirms back to her left?

that's surely a classic understatement,
the position you've got her into is convincingly possible,
but, if the strain of hanging by both wrists as a dead weight is bad,
twisting like that and lifting her leg would be wrenchingly worse -
looking at those brilliant renders, I can feel how it would tear
from my left arm across my shoulders and down my back! :eek:

The big 'if' now is whether her right foot can keep enough purchase
on the slippery, splintery wood while she squirms back to her left?

She'll have to be able to pull up with her arms, taking a small part of her weight on that right foot for maybe a second or two, then swing her left foot around onto the other crossarm all in one motion. If she can't do it in that length of time, she's never going to do it.

I think it would be doable for a young woman of her age; I can come pretty close to that pose and I'm pretty damned old and not that flexible. And I think that one she manages to get into that position with her feet planted on the crossarms she'll be able to put a lot of pressure on the soles of her feet and thereby keep them from slipping much against the wood.

But this is all speculation. What we need is a beautiful young lady who's willing to test this, naked of course! :devil:

Is it time to show Lucilla's final crucifixion?

i'm assuming Stepnash is asking when in the story and renders Lucilla will be fully crucified. But his question got me to thinking of the story of Lucilla's 12th crucifixion. Now THAT would be a fascinating story to tell. She has already been crucified 11 times at that point, but this time she will be crucified with spikes, and will die on her cross. i'd love to know what is going through her mind then, and of course see your renders of that 12th crucifixion if you ever do tell that tale.

The executioners crucify the two men first. Publius is the first one to be nailed to his cross, while Verina, the prostitute. heaps abuse on him.

Verina continued to laugh at his agony and heap abuse on him. “I want to see you take that cornu up your ass, Publius! Think about how that’s going to feel going in, all rough and splintery! And it’s bigger and harder than that floppy little worm you stuck in me!”
They take Antius, the other one, next. Sabina describes the scene as they nail his wrists to the patibulum:

He continued to plead and became hysterical when Antius pressed the point of a nail against his wrist and raised his hammer. His babbling was cut off with an agonized scream as the first blow of the hammer fell. Verina and I laughed out loud at the ridiculous way his cock flopped from side to side as his body jerked following each blow of the hammer, like the shock of the hammer would travel down his body and come out there. It was so funny to watch!​

This is a reminder that Sabina has come to watch this crucifixion because she enjoys it. And she joins right in with the cruelty of the crowd, not knowing that in a few days time, she'll be on the receiving end of it herself.

Now it's Lucilla's turn.

When they came for the woman Lucilla, she angrily tore off her loincloth and threw it in Antius’ face. There was laughter along with murmurs of appreciation from the crowd at that. She was just as tanned underneath as she was everywhere else, and clean-shaven between her legs.

Antius threw the cloth on the ground. “Lucilla,” he said testily, “we can do this the easy way or the hard way, your choice. But we are going to put you back up on a cross now.”

“Fuck you Antius, you shit-eating, cock sucking bastard!” She shouted at him, straining against the taut chain at her neck that held her back like a wild animal. If he’d been within her reach there was little doubt that she’d have been on him, scratching, biting and trying to throttle him just like the spectator she’d had a go at earlier. Instead she heaped more abuse on him. “That filthy, poxy, leprous whore of a mother of yours should have left you in the latrine where she dropped you like the steaming pile of shit that you are!”

“Lucilla, I know you only say these things to try to win my heart, but I’m not one to give up my virtue so easily!” He waited for the laughter of the crowd to die down before continuing. “If it was up to me, I’d nail you to a cross right now, and in three or four days you’d be dead.

“But I - didn’t – poison - him! I wasn’t even there! When I came back from the market, they were all already dead or dying. I was the one who went for help! How can they call me guilty when I wasn’t even there! It’s not fair!”

“Fair doesn’t matter. The magistrate sentenced you to this; it’s our job to carry out his sentence. We’re just workmen doing our job.”
Standing there naked in her chains, Lucilla continues to argue, insult and threaten everyone around her. Finally, Antius calmly deals her a threat that breaks her spirit:

“Lucilla, don’t forget I can make it worse for you. There’s the good sedile that gives you a place to rest on, and then there are many kinds of bad sediles that will make you pay a price, like that groaning bastard there is finding out now,” he said, pointing at Publius on his cross. “Remember what it was like when I gave you a bad one? Want to spend another week of misery like that?

“And that’s not the worst I can do. I could easily lose count of just how many times I’ve put you up on a cross. Let’s see,” he said, pretending to count to five on his fingers, “has it been five times…” He folded the last finger down. “Maybe I was wrong, maybe it’s only been four times now.”

She stared at the executioner, speechless. A tear started down her cheek and her shoulders slumped. She was beaten. “Fuck you all… oh gods, fuck you all,” she trailed off, nothing left to say.​

With Lucilla finally compliant, Antius tells his helpers to put her on the cross.

“Ajax, Hercules, put her on the cross,” the executioner said. His two big Nubian helpers moved in, one holding her arms from behind while the other unfastened her shackles and collar. They were about to drag her over to her cross, but paused when she shook her head.

“No, let me do it,” she sobbed, “I can do it. Just… when I lie down, hurry and get it done.” She rubbed the tears away, straightened herself and resolutely walked over to the X-shaped cross that lay waiting for her between where the two other victims now struggled and moaned in agony. There was a murmur from the crowd; no one had ever seen a victim walk calmly to her cross without a struggle.​

Lucilla sits down on the cross and positions herself:

Lucilla straddled the cross’s center post and carefully eased her bare bottom down onto the timber near the place where its arms intersected, taking care to avoid any splinters. She spread her legs and positioned her feet one at a time on the cross arms where they would go when she was crucified. She leaned back and used her arms to lift her hips and slide her buttocks down a bit, fitting herself to the X-shape. Even though her legs were spread wide toward the crowd, she showed no embarrassment. I suppose she was long past all of that.​

I should have done more illustrations for this part of the story, but I got lazy I guess.

These are just perfect Jedakk! They so illustrate a particular set of images that go through my mind when I imagine my own crucifixion. I see myself sitting on the cross, ready to recline against it...completely in my zone...both fearless and terrified (can someone be so?), aware that I've completely exposed myself, but not caring...at least for a minute...the last bit of time before my executioners go about their grisly business! Oh my!!!!! Jeeze!!!!

i'm assuming Stepnash is asking when in the story and renders Lucilla will be fully crucified. But his question got me to thinking of the story of Lucilla's 12th crucifixion. Now THAT would be a fascinating story to tell. She has already been crucified 11 times at that point, but this time she will be crucified with spikes, and will die on her cross. i'd love to know what is going through her mind then, and of course see your renders of that 12th crucifixion if you ever do tell that tale.

I've thought about that scenario, of course. I think in reality that a person who had endured being hung on a cross eleven times might be a gibbering idiot and a basket case by the time that twelfth crucifixion came around. I guess their are other possibilities; maybe glad that this is the final time she has to endure this torture, even if it will be much worse than any she's experienced before. Or maybe panicked because this time she knows she's really going to die. Or just as defiant as she is now. It would be up to me to pick one, or a combination of the above, if I wrote that story.

I would expect that the Romans would have made a big deal about crucifying Lucilla for her final time. They'd use a tall cross, maybe, similar to what they did with the assassin that Caesar Galba had crucified on a high cross that they painted white. They might come up with some special touches to make her cross different and unique. Another thing to think about. That is, if I ever get around to writing that story! :cool:

I think as well as partly losing her mind, she would no longer be clean with short hair, if fact after so long in prison she has grown full body hair.

I think if she was going to be dirty with pubic hair, she'd have already been that way after five months or so that she's already been kept in a cell between crucifixions. Looks like Balbus's crew must give her a scrubbing and pluck her between the legs from time to time when she gets a bit scruffy-looking down there.

Back
Top Bottom