Jedakk's Masterpiece

Go to CruxDreams.com
Yes, I saw where you found some of those useful for some of your backgrounds. I went through the entire two seasons of "Rome" looking for useful scenes. I really thought I might be able to use some of those for background crowd scenes, but I only used a couple. Here's one:
Beautifully done, haven't found a suitable picture at the right angle and light to do a manip with this shot. I prefer to see the whole victim but sometimes something like this is powerful. Great image btw! Thanks for all the material you supplied I am still finding useful stuff!

Beautifully done, haven't found a suitable picture at the right angle and light to do a manip with this shot. I prefer to see the whole victim but sometimes something like this is powerful. Great image btw! Thanks for all the material you supplied I am still finding useful stuff!

I agree, it would be very difficult to find a ready-made photo showing a crux candidate at this angle. Mine is a Poser character, of course, so I could turn her any way I wanted. And even then, it was really difficult to get the camera angle and lighting to match well enough. I can see five tries like this one in an old folder on my PC, looks like I did this back in 2007.

It might interest some to see how I composited the two images in Photoshop - I know some of you know how to do this too - Damian knows better than I - so bear with me. I had already removed the hairy Gaul who originally occupied the cross. This is what it looked like when I finally got the pose, camera angle and scale right for the girl as you see in the above picture, then overlayed her onto the cross in the background picture. It really looks wrong, like it would never work! She's floating in between us and the background and she looks a bit too big as well.

Now in Photoshop these two images are on separate layers with the girl above the background layer. I add a layer mask to the layer the girl is on, which enables me to paint out the parts of her that would be hidden by the cross, Roman soldier, rope, etc. Here's what it looks like when I start painting over her where the patibulum and upper part of the cross is behind her.

Now we can see that her head and shoulders seem to magically be in the right place. Looks kind of like an Escher picture at this point because her lower body seems to be in an impossible location. I continued to paint over her right arm and parts of her back that would be hidden by the patibulum, and suddenly she looks like her head is over the center of the stipes and her right hand appears to be fixed to the patibulum, maybe with a nail.

Now I paint out the parts of her butt and feet that would be hidden by the edge of the stipes, the soldier's helmet, and the rope, and voila! She looks like she's actually on that cross, being raised up to be crucified in a Roman camp in Gaul while soldiers go about their business, barely paying attention to her suffering.

There are usually other things to be taken care of like shadows, but in this case I got by without those. I purposely left too much light on her butt, because I like girl's butts and wanted to show off this particular work of art.

Attachments

• Rome 184 5.jpg
    Rome 184 5.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 1,334
  • Rome crux scene in process 1.jpg
    Rome crux scene in process 1.jpg
    671.2 KB · Views: 1,231
  • Rome crux scene in process 2.jpg
    Rome crux scene in process 2.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 904
  • Rome crux scene in process 3.jpg
    Rome crux scene in process 3.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 830
  • Rome crux scene.jpg
    Rome crux scene.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 884
Actually, some of my greatest crux raising treats down the years have been courtesy of Jedakk ;)

Here is an early favourite from many years ago:

View attachment 283812

Ever since my earliest days on Yahoo Crux Jedakk's been supplying amazing images! :)

It's just that, in those days I was a 'lurker' and I never said "Thank you" :doh:

A very belated "thank-you", Jedakk!

You're welcome! That picture is a real blast from the past. I think I did that back around 1997. Obviously I had no Roman-era clothing to put on my characters and Poser was very limited. I think that was done in Poser 3, actually. But I wanted so badly to create scenes that I used what I had available.

You're welcome! That picture is a real blast from the past. I think I did that back around 1997. Obviously I had no Roman-era clothing to put on my characters and Poser was very limited. I think that was done in Poser 3, actually. But I wanted so badly to create scenes that I used what I had available.

And by God did they take a time to download on my old dial-up internet connection! But by God were they worth waiting for!

And by God did they take a time to download on my old dial-up internet connection! But by God were they worth waiting for!

I checked and it was 2001 when I created that pic. I used to render images over a black background in Poser, then combine them with a background in Photoshop. Boy were they crude looking! Here's the sequence of Poser renders showing how that girl got on that cross.

Here are the preppie-looking executioner's helpers placing the handcuffed girl on the cross. She continues to beg them not to do it, protesting her innocence. My unlikely-looking executioner, a little black girl, wipes the blood from her hands from the last victim she just finished nailing to a cross.

With the victim chained to the cross, arms outstretched, the executioner does her work.

She directs her helpers as they raise the cross. Here it is halfway up:

And here it's about to tip over into the hole:

Notice that the executioner uses the same hand signals typically used to direct equipment on a construction site. The closed fist means stop. Here's the victim hanging by her nailed wrists, screaming in agony, and then fainting:

The ideas were good, but the technology was really limiting back in those days.

Attachments

• Vicki4 4c 253 x -11 x 72.jpg
    Vicki4 4c 253 x -11 x 72.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,028
  • Vicki4 4c 295 x -12 x 72.jpg
    Vicki4 4c 295 x -12 x 72.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 869
  • Vicki4 4c 297 x -6 x 72.jpg
    Vicki4 4c 297 x -6 x 72.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 788
  • VBR 1 nail 120 x -10 x 72.jpg
    VBR 1 nail 120 x -10 x 72.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 826
  • VBR 1 nail 200 x -5 x 72.jpg
    VBR 1 nail 200 x -5 x 72.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 848
  • Cross 45 4c -90 x 0 x 72.jpg
    Cross 45 4c -90 x 0 x 72.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 786
  • Cross 45 4c 45 x 0 x 72.jpg
    Cross 45 4c 45 x 0 x 72.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 825
  • Cross 80 4c 45 x 0 x 72.jpg
    Cross 80 4c 45 x 0 x 72.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 855
  • VBR 2N -60 x 0 x 72.jpg
    VBR 2N -60 x 0 x 72.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 901
  • VBR 2N faint -60 x 0 x 72.jpg
    VBR 2N faint -60 x 0 x 72.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1,312
Getting back to the present, we left Sabina about to have the fourth nail driven into her, this one through her left foot. She's already endured the agony of having three nails hammered through her wrists and feet. It's not only the pain, it's also knowing that those nails will never be removed until she is dead; that they are meant to torture her, and no matter how agonizing the pain, no one will help her or save her.

In this scene, she plants her butt firmly against the upright to try to take as much weight as she can off of her feet. Here's how she describes it:

I remembered the advice Salonina had given me and began to lean forward gingerly, keeping all my weight on my left leg, trying to avoid any sudden pull against the nails in my wrists. I moaned as my arms straightened and I felt the first pressure against the nails. Then I screamed as my right wrist slid outward a fraction along the square shank of the nail to rest against its head. The executioner was moving to my left foot as I leaned forward against the nails and pressed the cheeks of my buttocks hard against the timber behind me.

I looked down at my throbbing right foot in horror. The head of the spike was driven down almost against its top. The flesh around it was white, compressed by the passage of the nail through it. Below the nail there was only a small trickle of blood trailing down toward my toes.

The executioner located his spot, then placed the point of an iron spike against the top of my left foot. I gritted my teeth in anticipation, tilted my head back and tried to focus on one of the thin white clouds above us so I wouldn’t have to see the hammer coming. But the sharp pain as the executioner put his weight against the nail and pressed its point into the top of my foot signaled its arrival.

I screamed again when the blow came, tried to shift my weight to my right leg and found only pounding agony as the nail there pressed hard against the top of the wound in my right foot. I felt my buttocks sliding against the rough wood with each jarring blow of the hammer as I slipped lower, unwilling to bear the fresh pain in my feet to avoid the pain in my wrists. Then I felt the point of the cornu press into the soft flesh between my legs.​

Attachments

• Sabina Nailing Scene 19-12_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19-12_0001.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 1,846
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19-21_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19-21_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,801
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19-23_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19-23_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,762
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19-24_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19-24_0001.jpg
    794 KB · Views: 1,709
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19-25_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19-25_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,711
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19-27_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19-27_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,712
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19-29_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19-29_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,718
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19-52_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19-52_0001.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 1,748
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19-53_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19-53_0001.jpg
    581.3 KB · Views: 1,873
When the executioner finished driving the last nail through Sabina's left foot, her body sagged down until she was hanging by her wrists.

I tried to ease myself downward, but my thigh muscles were like lead, as if the legs that held me up belonged to someone else. But they were my legs, and so was the agony, the exhaustion, all mine to suffer. I let myself sag lower, groaning at the pain of unforgiving iron pulling at the wounds in my wrists, my arms, shoulders, chest being stretched out as if on the rack.

I settled lower and tried to rest the quivering, straining muscles in my legs. I tried to let my body sag down gently, tried to ease down onto the nails that pierced my wrists, but it was so hard, and my legs were shaking, almost exhausted. The agony in my wrists would all at once get so much worse that I would have to tense my legs and take the pressure in my nailed feet. The pain in my wrists was more than I could bear, but my legs were so weak that I was already almost helpless. I gritted my teeth and forced my legs to relax, groaning as all of my weight pulled my wrists down hard against the nails.​

Her exhausted legs were seized by cramps that she was powerless to do anything about other than scream.

The full weight of my body stretched my arms taut against the nails. My shoulders felt as if they were being torn out of their sockets. My breath came in shuddering gasps as I fought against the pain, my whole body trembling. I thought it couldn’t get any worse than this.

Then I screamed and twisted as spasms suddenly seized my thigh muscles and sent knives of pain driving mercilessly into them. My agony went from unbearable to unimaginable. Oh gods it hurts it hurts please stop stop stop I babbled, as if anyone cared. I screamed mindlessly again, spread my legs as wide as I could...

Attachments

• Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-42_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-42_0001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,759
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-43_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-43_0001.jpg
    947.7 KB · Views: 1,732
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-45_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-45_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,666
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-47_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-47_0001.jpg
    805.5 KB · Views: 1,663
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-51a_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-51a_0001.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 1,656
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-52_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-52_0001.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 1,654
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-53a_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-53a_0001.jpg
    628.7 KB · Views: 1,806
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-79_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-79_0001.jpg
    596.5 KB · Views: 1,643
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-82_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-82_0001.jpg
    645 KB · Views: 1,572
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-90_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x1-90_0001.jpg
    757.4 KB · Views: 1,705
That facial expression right there... especially the view of it in the first render, it alone captures this moment so perfectly, where she is nailed completely. She is absolutely helpless, nailed finally and permanently. This is the climax, with several days of torture as a dénouement to the moment.

maybe sometimes we leave them speechless, at least that's what I hope!
indeed Greece made make sometimes speechless and some pics toooooooooo:devil::p

You have been there Thessela, in Jollyrei's story and now in Thessela's Martyrdom. Can you put yourself in her place and tell us how you would feel? To be a feast for those who would enjoy dining on your suffering?
yep tell us

thought it was a part for a movie:confused:

When the executioner finished driving the last nail through Sabina's left foot, her body sagged down until she was hanging by her wrists.

I tried to ease myself downward, but my thigh muscles were like lead, as if the legs that held me up belonged to someone else. But they were my legs, and so was the agony, the exhaustion, all mine to suffer. I let myself sag lower, groaning at the pain of unforgiving iron pulling at the wounds in my wrists, my arms, shoulders, chest being stretched out as if on the rack.

I settled lower and tried to rest the quivering, straining muscles in my legs. I tried to let my body sag down gently, tried to ease down onto the nails that pierced my wrists, but it was so hard, and my legs were shaking, almost exhausted. The agony in my wrists would all at once get so much worse that I would have to tense my legs and take the pressure in my nailed feet. The pain in my wrists was more than I could bear, but my legs were so weak that I was already almost helpless. I gritted my teeth and forced my legs to relax, groaning as all of my weight pulled my wrists down hard against the nails.​

Her exhausted legs were seized by cramps that she was powerless to do anything about other than scream.

The full weight of my body stretched my arms taut against the nails. My shoulders felt as if they were being torn out of their sockets. My breath came in shuddering gasps as I fought against the pain, my whole body trembling. I thought it couldn’t get any worse than this.

Then I screamed and twisted as spasms suddenly seized my thigh muscles and sent knives of pain driving mercilessly into them. My agony went from unbearable to unimaginable. Oh gods it hurts it hurts please stop stop stop I babbled, as if anyone cared. I screamed mindlessly again, spread my legs as wide as I could...

Very urgently!

Long minutes drag by that seem like hours to Sabina as the cramps knot her thighs. She writhes and screams helplessly in agony, and when they finally subside, she hangs limp and exhausted by her nailed wrists. The executioner's helpers ignore her screams as they go about the business of rolling up rope and checking nails to be sure that they won't work loose during the days of struggling that Sabina has ahead of her.

She turns her head to stare at the horrible sight of her wounded wrist with the big iron spike protruding from it and her blood dribbling down her forearm. It is still surreal to her, a nightmare that can't be happening.

Beside her cross, the executioner grins appreciatively at the sight of his handiwork. While crucifying her, he has been focused on positioning this girl correctly on the timbers, driving the nails through her wrists and feet, setting the cornu that will penetrate her when she surrenders to it. Now, like any good craftsman, he steps back to look at his finished work. He savors the sight of her naked body stretched out on the cross, the sheen of her sweat, her soft breasts quivering with every ragged breath. He laughs at the way she stares at the nail in her wrist as if she just discovered that was there.

Attachments

• Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-1_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-1_0001.jpg
    798.1 KB · Views: 1,548
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-4_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-4_0001.jpg
    950.9 KB · Views: 1,499
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-6_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-6_0001.jpg
    587.7 KB · Views: 1,533
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-7_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-7_0001.jpg
    802 KB · Views: 1,486
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-60_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-60_0001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,524
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-75_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-75_0001.jpg
    969.6 KB · Views: 1,468
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-79_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-79_0001.jpg
    597.5 KB · Views: 1,440
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-82_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-82_0001.jpg
    663 KB · Views: 1,442
  • Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-90_0001.jpg
    Sabina Nailing Scene 19x3-90_0001.jpg
    775.2 KB · Views: 1,553
You did a truly fantastic job, really awesome story and pictures, congrats!

I would like ot ask you where did you find the loinclothes the girls are wearing? Did you created it yourself?
It's been a while since I look at loincloth "Jesus style" like these ones, but never found good enough ones.
And I'm not able to create it by myself in 3d. I tried, and well... Nope, it sucked!

For thebackground, I saw you used Stonemason's Streets of mediterranee (awesome 3d creator!), and some other stuff, I think, from Danie and Manforno. Can you tell me more about these? It may be very useful for the future of my series Andaroos Chronicles! Thank you in advance!

You did a truly fantastic job, really awesome story and pictures, congrats!

I would like ot ask you where did you find the loinclothes the girls are wearing? Did you created it yourself?
It's been a while since I look at loincloth "Jesus style" like these ones, but never found good enough ones.
And I'm not able to create it by myself in 3d. I tried, and well... Nope, it sucked!

For thebackground, I saw you used Stonemason's Streets of mediterranee (awesome 3d creator!), and some other stuff, I think, from Danie and Manforno. Can you tell me more about these? It may be very useful for the future of my series Andaroos Chronicles! Thank you in advance!
would like to see how you use his appointments in your work

would like to see how you use his appointments in your work

What I saw in his comics is exactly what I'm looking for since a long time.
I would like to do crux scenes other than totally naked.

I have some loinclothes in my database, but 2 options:
_Square of textile + string, in the Aztec/Indians/African style. Quite ugly, I think, for women.
_Skirt-like, hiding nothing.

I would dream to find a "Jesus style" loincloth like that, doing sort of combo "skirt+panty", if you see what I mean.

The climax of the crux scene would be the total stripping of the prisoner, once she's on the cross, ending the humiliation. If she's already naked, or only wear a shirt hiding nothing between her legs, the humiliation "is already done", and it's not funny!

The climax of the crux scene would be the total stripping of the prisoner, once she's on the cross, ending the humiliation. If she's already naked, or only wear a shirt hiding nothing between her legs, the humiliation "is already done", and it's not funny!
the way Steve did that in his Petra from Nazareth?

Attachments

• body petra after scourging.jpg
    body petra after scourging.jpg
    470.9 KB · Views: 1,351
  • hoisted and stripped.jpg
    hoisted and stripped.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,238
  • HOISTED.jpg
    HOISTED.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,288
Back
Top Bottom