Go to CruxDreams.com
J

Juan1234

"My lady!"

The cry from the guard at her chamber door awoke Princess Kirana from a dead sleep. Next, an anguished gurgle from the guard told her he was dead. When her groggy eyes came into focus in the torchlight, she saw that about her bed, her ten maids were also awakening, and surrounding them all were several dozen Roman soldiers, armed to the teeth. One of them stepped forward.

"Princess Kirana?"

The princess rose gracefully, keeping her legs together and her nightgown close about her.

"I am she," she replied. The soldiers' respect for her remarkable dignity in such dramatic circumstances gave her another moment in which to speak. "Is my father defeated?" she asked.

"Dead on the field, two days ago."

Kirana looked down at her hands.

"Then," she resumed, looking up, "I, Princess Kirana of the Amunians, surrender my person into your custody, as my captors, and beg you show the same mercy to my people as my father would have shown to yours had he been the victor."

"You may take that matter up with the emperor," the soldier responded, "My orders are to bind you and your maids and take you before my commanding officer, Rego Flavius."

"We shall of course comply," Kirana responded, "only turn your backs and let us dress ourselves first." There was more than one snort and chuckle from the soldiers at this, but their leader, though uncomfortable and discontent, consented in deference to her great dignity, and gave the order. The soldiers grumbled as they obeyed. Kirana and her ladies quickly replaced their nightgowns with travel robes, then, all following Kirana's example, held their hands together before them to be bound.

As she was led out of the palace and through the streets to the Roman camp outside the city wall, the princess noted very few signs of violence. The entire Amunian army had left weeks before with her father, the king, expecting certain victory over the invading Romans. Tonight, the Romans had met almost no resistance as they surprised a city emptied of soldiers.

"Sir," said her captor, when they had reached the Roman camp, "this is Kirana, Princess of the Amunians."

Rego Flavius sat with his back against a tree and several servants attending him. He looked weary, and a nasty wound in his lower abdomen was still bleeding, presumably from the battle two days before.

"Good," he said, hardly looking up. Then his eyes rose to see Kirana standing there, bound, with her olive skin and dark, wavy hair. "You look like your father," he said, "now you can take his place." Kirana didn't understand the words at first. "Do you know, I spent two years in this stinking country, chasing your father for the emperor? And now, as I taste victory, I am mortally wounded, and your father died in battle. I shall not even live to see Rome again, and if I did, I would not have the satisfaction of delivering to the emperor the prize he ordered me to take. I'll send you in his place though. These are the orders of the emperor." Rego closed his eyes in exhaustion.

"General," Kirana addressed him, "I can heal your wound."

"What?" Rego looked up, almost disgusted.

"I can heal you. I know a balm that can stop the bleeding. If you will allow me to collect herbs from the woodland, I can save your life."

After a pause, Rego responded. "Very well. Two of my men will accompany you."

Later, just as the first pale shades of the dawn teased the horizon, Kirana knelt before Rego, dipping a sponge in a bowl of boiled herbs. Rego scrutinized her as she removed the poorly applied bandage from his belly, then gently dabbed the gash with her sponge. Who was this woman, and why did she do this for him? She had a beautiful face, dark, like many of these eastern people. Her big, tired, brown eyes were calm, and she worked as though she had expected to be dressing his wound since she went to bed in royal splendor, not so many hours before. He reached out and touched her soft face. She smiled - with kindness, but also a touch of impatience. When she had finished, she looked into Rego's face as he held hers in his hand.

"Princess," he said, "join me in my tent." He said it tenderly, not as an order. Kirana rose, eyes down, and offered Rego her hand to help him stand. Rego found himself almost in awe of the grace and dignity Kirana displayed. He stumbled into his tent, followed by his captive.

"Shut the flap," he said, and she obeyed. He faced her for several more moments caressing her face, and she kept her eyes down - demure, but not cowed. Slowly, he reached for her cloak and let it fall from her shoulders. She still wore an ornate inner cloak, and beneath that a shift.

"Rego," she said, "I am your captive, and must submit to your orders, but please know that I will not willingly submit my body to the lusts of a Roman." Rego was taken aback. Normally, he would rape whatever captive he pleased, and their protests meant nothing to him, but now with this princess, he found himself compelled to respect her wishes. Kirana continued: "My father swore that I would remain a virgin until Rome lay in ruins, and as far as it is in my power, I shall endeavor to respect his oath. I will thank you for your aid in this matter."

Before Rego realized what he had done, he bowed his head in acknowledgement. It was not a big bow, but it was a bow, and for a moment after, he was stunned by his own response.

"Very well," he said, "You shall not be violated before we reach Rome. But in Rome you will be crucified, and that is beyond my control."

"Crucified?" Kirana asked calmly, "I have heard the word. It is a punishment?"

"Yes, it..." Rego began, uncomfortably, "It is a method of execution, My Lady."

"I am to be put to death, then?" She asked it with great poise and acceptance, though Rego thought he detected a lump in her throat, and a quickened heart in her breast.

"Yes," he finally answered.

"And raped?" she asked, returning to the original matter with an almost skeptical curiosity.

"It is not legal for a virgin to be executed, so yes, your virginity will be taken before you are crucified."

After a long pause, Kirana continued her inquiry. "Tell me, what is crucifixion? How will I die?"

Rego, having no desire to continue the discussion, but unable to dismiss the royal woman before him, replied, "Well, usually the condemned is brought to a public place and beaten, and then he is - or, in your case, she - is marched to the execution site and nailed to a cross."

"Nailed?" Kirana retained her dignity, but her breathing was becoming rapid. "What part of me will be nailed? And what is this cross?"

"Well, at the place of execution, there is a tall stake in the ground - taller than a man. The condemned carries a shorter wooden beams with him, and when he - or she, I'm sorry - arrives, his or her wrists are nailed to the beam. Then the beam is raised and fastened to the top of the stake that was already there, and his feet are nailed to the stake."

Kirana's eyes had grown slightly larger, as for some time she had nothing to say.

"Please, my Lady," said Rego, "Don't trouble yourself with this now. It is-"

"Tell me everything," Kirana interrupted. Rego paused, pitying the woman before him and feeling suddenly like a monster.

"There is nothing more to tell, My Lady..."

"How will I be beaten?"

"Well," Rego swallowed and forced himself to speak, "you will be tied to a whipping post in one of the central plazas or Rome... You will be stripped above the waist and... beaten."

"Stripped?"

Rego nodded.

"This is in a public place?"

"Yes, My Lady."

"In Amunia the women are never stripped in public. It is against all decency." Rego had nothing to say. "I may then dress myself again before they nail me to the beam?"

Rego hesitated, then made himself say it: "No, My Lady. You will remain bare above the waist until you arrive at the place of execution."

"And then?"

"Then... The remaining clothes will be taken."

"You mean to tell me that I will be naked?"

"Yes My Lady."

"Surely you will give me something to cover my womanhood?"

"No My Lady. The goal of crucifixion is humiliation..." He said it as if it might calm her.

After a long pause, she said, with a strong and dignified voice, "Romans are pigs." And she turned to leave the tent.

Part 2:

Late that morning, the army broke camp and set off for Rome. Kirana was allowed to keep her ten ladies about her and traveled as a princess. She was even given a horse, and often rode beside Rego at the head of the column, though her horse was always tied to those of her two Roman guards. Whenever they camped, she and her ladies would attend to the wounded, bewildering her captors.

The weeks passed, and all but the basest of low-ranking scum developed a high opinion of Kirana. Many were frankly in awe of her peace, grace, and magnanimity as she made what she knew was her last journey. She was traveling to Rome to be crucified there, and yet she lived each day as if every fellow man were her friend and brother.

One of the base and low-ranking scum was a soldier called Grontus, and one night, about five weeks into the journey, he was assigned interior guard duty in Kirana's tent. As Kirana lay down for the night, surrounded by her ladies, Grontus was the only guard inside the tent. (A dozen others stood watch outside.) When the candles were all snuffed, Grontus lay down beside Kirana and began groping her breasts, slipping his hands beneath her shift.

"Young man," she said sternly, "you have no right to touch me." Grontus only laughed and squeezed her breasts tighter. Kirana slapped his face, to which he responded with a roar and a first in her elegant face. By this time, several of her ladies were screaming, and the guards from outside the tent streamed in, pulling Grontus off of the princess and reporting the incident to Rego. When Rego arrived and saw the blood steaming from Kirana's face, he was furious.

The next morning, before breaking camp, the army assembled around a newly erected whipping post in the center of the camp. Grontus was brought before it, his hands bound in front of him.

"This man," Rego proclaimed to the assembled hosts of Rome, "has laid his hand upon our guest, the Princess Kirana. For this offense, he shall receive fifty lashes on the bare body! Thirty on the back, twenty on the front. Let no other man be as foolish as he."

Rego nodded, and Grontus was stripped to a loincloth and bound to the post with his hands above his head. The lictors stepped forward and began. Kirana watched as the whips cracked on the man's bare back and thighs, bringing up pink and red welts I thin seconds. She watched with only the smallest measure of satisfaction. Mostly she watched with dread, considering every detail - she felt she was witnessing her own fate in advance. The man wore a loincloth. Rego had told her she would be stripped to the waist - she had thought it meant that her gown would be tied off at the waist and the top portion would hang down with the rest, but now she wondered. Would she be given a man's loincloth to wear?

Thirty lashes had lacerated Grontus's back, and now he was turned with his back to the post. The whipping continued across his chest, belly, and legs. Would she be turned, as he was? Would she have to bear the lash across her tender breasts and nipples? She held her head high, and her face remained unruffled, but inwardly she shuddered. Around her, her ladies held their hands to their mouths, thinking the same thoughts. None had dry eyes as they thought of their beloved princess suffering this way.

Rego approached Kirana when the beating was over. He was solemn as she was. Looking down and fidgeting, like a boy in love for the first time, he managed to say, "I do... Hope, My Lady, that this has been satisfactory to you."

"Thank you Rego," she said.

"And I hope..." he stumbled over his words, unable to find the right ones, "I hope it did not distress you in any way?" Kirana smiled grimly. "And," he continued, "may I even hope that it may have improved your opinion of this Roman pig?" She smiled with somewhat more joy, though still under a dense blanket of dread and doom. She had out her hand to him, and he kissed it tenderly.

Just then a rider galloped up to them.

"Hail Caesar!" he saluted. Rego returned the salute. "I bring word from Rome," the boy handed Rego a scroll. Rego looked over it.

"Is there anything concerning me?" Kirana asked.

"Uh," Rego was reluctant, and did not look up. Kirana took his hand and he finally lifted his eyes. "Yes," he said. "The emperor has decided to crucify you on his birthday, in two months. And..." he looked back down at the scroll. "Well," he continued, "he's invited a number of provincial governors to attend the crucifixion. And he has ordered Brutus Vorcus to Rome to crucify you. He's been in Gaul, but the emperor has ordered him to Rome specially for the event."

"Who is he?" asked Kirana.

"He is the best and most famous crucifier in the empire."

"How long is it from Gaul to Rome?" she asked again.

"Several weeks, from where he has been."

"But he is making this journey to Rome, just so he can kill me."

Rego only looked at her, tortured inside.

To be continued...

"My lady!"

The cry from the guard at her chamber door awoke Princess Kirana from a dead sleep. Next, an anguished gurgle from the guard told her he was dead. When her groggy eyes came into focus in the torchlight, she saw that about her bed, her ten maids were also awakening, and surrounding them all were several dozen Roman soldiers, armed to the teeth. One of them stepped forward.

"Princess Kirana?"

The princess rose gracefully, keeping her legs together and her nightgown close about her.

"I am she," she replied. The soldiers' respect for her remarkable dignity in such dramatic circumstances gave her another moment in which to speak. "Is my father defeated?" she asked.

"Dead on the field, two days ago."

Kirana looked down at her hands.

"Then," she resumed, looking up, "I, Princess Kirana of the Amunians, surrender my person into your custody, as my captors, and beg you show the same mercy to my people as my father would have shown to yours had he been the victor."

"You may take that matter up with the emperor," the soldier responded, "My orders are to bind you and your maids and take you before my commanding officer, Rego Flavius."

"We shall of course comply," Kirana responded, "only turn your backs and let us dress ourselves first." There was more than one snort and chuckle from the soldiers at this, but their leader, though uncomfortable and discontent, consented in deference to her great dignity, and gave the order. The soldiers grumbled as they obeyed. Kirana and her ladies quickly replaced their nightgowns with travel robes, then, all following Kirana's example, held their hands together before them to be bound.

As she was led out of the palace and through the streets to the Roman camp outside the city wall, the princess noted very few signs of violence. The entire Amunian army had left weeks before with her father, the king, expecting certain victory over the invading Romans. Tonight, the Romans had met almost no resistance as they surprised a city emptied of soldiers.

"Sir," said her captor, when they had reached the Roman camp, "this is Kirana, Princess of the Amunians."

Rego Flavius sat with his back against a tree and several servants attending him. He looked weary, and a nasty wound in his lower abdomen was still bleeding, presumably from the battle two days before.

"Good," he said, hardly looking up. Then his eyes rose to see Kirana standing there, bound, with her olive skin and dark, wavy hair. "You look like your father," he said, "now you can take his place." Kirana didn't understand the words at first. "Do you know, I spent two years in this stinking country, chasing your father for the emperor? And now, as I taste victory, I am mortally wounded, and your father died in battle. I shall not even live to see Rome again, and if I did, I would not have the satisfaction of delivering to the emperor the prize he ordered me to take. I'll send you in his place though. These are the orders of the emperor." Rego closed his eyes in exhaustion.

"General," Kirana addressed him, "I can heal your wound."

"What?" Rego looked up, almost disgusted.

"I can heal you. I know a balm that can stop the bleeding. If you will allow me to collect herbs from the woodland, I can save your life."

After a pause, Rego responded. "Very well. Two of my men will accompany you."

Later, just as the first pale shades of the dawn teased the horizon, Kirana knelt before Rego, dipping a sponge in a bowl of boiled herbs. Rego scrutinized her as she removed the poorly applied bandage from his belly, then gently dabbed the gash with her sponge. Who was this woman, and why did she do this for him? She had a beautiful face, dark, like many of these eastern people. Her big, tired, brown eyes were calm, and she worked as though she had expected to be dressing his wound since she went to bed in royal splendor, not so many hours before. He reached out and touched her soft face. She smiled - with kindness, but also a touch of impatience. When she had finished, she looked into Rego's face as he held hers in his hand.

"Princess," he said, "join me in my tent." He said it tenderly, not as an order. Kirana rose, eyes down, and offered Rego her hand to help him stand. Rego found himself almost in awe of the grace and dignity Kirana displayed. He stumbled into his tent, followed by his captive.

"Shut the flap," he said, and she obeyed. He faced her for several more moments caressing her face, and she kept her eyes down - demure, but not cowed. Slowly, he reached for her cloak and let it fall from her shoulders. She still wore an ornate inner cloak, and beneath that a shift.

"Rego," she said, "I am your captive, and must submit to your orders, but please know that I will not willingly submit my body to the lusts of a Roman." Rego was taken aback. Normally, he would rape whatever captive he pleased, and their protests meant nothing to him, but now with this princess, he found himself compelled to respect her wishes. Kirana continued: "My father swore that I would remain a virgin until Rome lay in ruins, and as far as it is in my power, I shall endeavor to respect his oath. I will thank you for your aid in this matter."

Before Rego realized what he had done, he bowed his head in acknowledgement. It was not a big bow, but it was a bow, and for a moment after, he was stunned by his own response.

"Very well," he said, "You shall not be violated before we reach Rome. But in Rome you will be crucified, and that is beyond my control."

"Crucified?" Kirana asked calmly, "I have heard the word. It is a punishment?"

"Yes, it..." Rego began, uncomfortably, "It is a method of execution, My Lady."

"I am to be put to death, then?" She asked it with great poise and acceptance, though Rego thought he detected a lump in her throat, and a quickened heart in her breast.

"Yes," he finally answered.

"And raped?" she asked, returning to the original matter with an almost skeptical curiosity.

"It is not legal for a virgin to be executed, so yes, your virginity will be taken before you are crucified."

After a long pause, Kirana continued her inquiry. "Tell me, what is crucifixion? How will I die?"

Rego, having no desire to continue the discussion, but unable to dismiss the royal woman before him, replied, "Well, usually the condemned is brought to a public place and beaten, and then he is - or, in your case, she - is marched to the execution site and nailed to a cross."

"Nailed?" Kirana retained her dignity, but her breathing was becoming rapid. "What part of me will be nailed? And what is this cross?"

"Well, at the place of execution, there is a tall stake in the ground - taller than a man. The condemned carries a shorter wooden beams with him, and when he - or she, I'm sorry - arrives, his or her wrists are nailed to the beam. Then the beam is raised and fastened to the top of the stake that was already there, and his feet are nailed to the stake."

Kirana's eyes had grown slightly larger, as for some time she had nothing to say.

"Please, my Lady," said Rego, "Don't trouble yourself with this now. It is-"

"Tell me everything," Kirana interrupted. Rego paused, pitying the woman before him and feeling suddenly like a monster.

"There is nothing more to tell, My Lady..."

"How will I be beaten?"

"Well," Rego swallowed and forced himself to speak, "you will be tied to a whipping post in one of the central plazas or Rome... You will be stripped above the waist and... beaten."

"Stripped?"

Rego nodded.

"This is in a public place?"

"Yes, My Lady."

"In Amunia the women are never stripped in public. It is against all decency." Rego had nothing to say. "I may then dress myself again before they nail me to the beam?"

Rego hesitated, then made himself say it: "No, My Lady. You will remain bare above the waist until you arrive at the place of execution."

"And then?"

"Then... The remaining clothes will be taken."

"You mean to tell me that I will be naked?"

"Yes My Lady."

"Surely you will give me something to cover my womanhood?"

"No My Lady. The goal of crucifixion is humiliation..." He said it as if it might calm her.

After a long pause, she said, with a strong and dignified voice, "Romans are pigs." And she turned to leave the tent.
very nice story.. well written an thought out.

Part 3:

A week later, Kirana woke in the middle of the night to a strong hand clamping a damp cloth over her nose and mouth, and a masked face inches above hers. She panicked and struggled briefly, then passed out.

When she awoke, the sun was shining outside the tent. She squinted about her, confused, her eyes adjusting to the weave of the tent fabric above her. As she turned her head, she started as she saw a young man sitting beside her, grinning. It was her brother, now King Muneth.

"Muneth!" she cried, in real joy. Muneth reached out to embrace her. Tears came from her eyes as she held him close. "I didn't even think you were alive!" she said.

"I survived the battle," he replied, "I and a band of followers. Our one goal these past months has been to rescue you." He was brimming with pride and joy. Then Kirana's fave darkened.

"Are my ladies here?" she asked.

"No," he said, more solemnly. "You must understand, we couldn't risk the commotion of carrying off eleven women."

"I do," she said absently. "I do. It's just that..." She looked up at him with pleasing eyes. "Muneth, they will be executed as hostages!"

"It is likely," said Muneth. "And I regret it deeply. Truly I do. But your life is the most important thing, Kirana."

Kirana thought for several moments. "I have to go back, Muneth."

"Kirana!"

"I'm so sorry, Muneth, but I must go back!"

"They will kill you!"

"No," she smiled soothingly. "They will not. I'm to be married to the emperor's cousin," she lied.

"No..." said Muneth dubiously, "that is not the Roman way."

"It is true!" she insisted, with all the enthusiasm and joy of a little girl, "and my ladies shall remain with me."

"Kirana, evening it is true, surely it is a fate worse than death to be married to a Roman?"

Tears came to Kirana's eyes. Her heart could hardly bear to lie like this to her brother, and to see his loyal care and concern for her, and to think of the death she would die in Rome, and to be unable to share her fear and anguish with her faithful brother and friend - it all broke upon her in a flood, and she buried her face against his neck and shoulder to hide the sobs she feared would come. For a long time, they held each other this way, and when Kirana finally raised her head to look him in the eyes, her hands on his shoulders, her eyes still teary, she smiled a sweet smile.

Meanwhile, Rego fumed in his tent. "Find her," he growled, shuddering. "FIND HER!!" His aides trotted out of the tent to organize search parties, leaving Rego alone to stare at the ground with eyes full of terror. A moment later, on an impulse, he leapt from his seat and stormed out of the tent. "Seize her maids!" he shouted, and the Kirana's ten ladies were brought before him, most shaking and weeping. Rego paced in front of them. "You," he began loudly, then mastered his feeling somewhat, "will now be executed as hostages."

The ladies cried and turned to one another for comfort.

"Now," said Rego, approaching the first girl on the left, "I understand the ladies of Amunia don't like to be exposed in public." As he snarled the last word, he tore the girl's outer robe from her shoulders, leaving her in her sleeveless shift. She shook and her wet, red eyes turned down. "I also imagine the ladies of Amunia don't like long, painful deaths. So!" Rego continued, "I will give each of you the opportunity to help me find the princess. If you comply, you may keep your shift, and death will be swift. If you do not," he turned to glare at them, "you will be stripped naked, and death will be slow."

(To be continued...)

Part 3:

A week later, Kirana woke in the middle of the night to a strong hand clamping a damp cloth over her nose and mouth, and a masked face inches above hers. She panicked and struggled briefly, then passed out.

When she awoke, the sun was shining outside the tent. She squinted about her, confused, her eyes adjusting to the weave of the tent fabric above her. As she turned her head, she started as she saw a young man sitting beside her, grinning. It was her brother, now King Muneth.

"Muneth!" she cried, in real joy. Muneth reached out to embrace her. Tears came from her eyes as she held him close. "I didn't even think you were alive!" she said.

"I survived the battle," he replied, "I and a band of followers. Our one goal these past months has been to rescue you." He was brimming with pride and joy. Then Kirana's fave darkened.

"Are my ladies here?" she asked.

"No," he said, more solemnly. "You must understand, we couldn't risk the commotion of carrying off eleven women."

"I do," she said absently. "I do. It's just that..." She looked up at him with pleasing eyes. "Muneth, they will be executed as hostages!"

"It is likely," said Muneth. "And I regret it deeply. Truly I do. But your life is the most important thing, Kirana."

Kirana thought for several moments. "I have to go back, Muneth."

"Kirana!"

"I'm so sorry, Muneth, but I must go back!"

"They will kill you!"

"No," she smiled soothingly. "They will not. I'm to be married to the emperor's cousin," she lied.

"No..." said Muneth dubiously, "that is not the Roman way."

"It is true!" she insisted, with all the enthusiasm and joy of a little girl, "and my ladies shall remain with me."

"Kirana, evening it is true, surely it is a fate worse than death to be married to a Roman?"

Tears came to Kirana's eyes. Her heart could hardly bear to lie like this to her brother, and to see his loyal care and concern for her, and to think of the death she would die in Rome, and to be unable to share her fear and anguish with her faithful brother and friend - it all broke upon her in a flood, and she buried her face against his neck and shoulder to hide the sobs she feared would come. For a long time, they held each other this way, and when Kirana finally raised her head to look him in the eyes, her hands on his shoulders, her eyes still teary, she smiled a sweet smile.

Meanwhile, Rego fumed in his tent. "Find her," he growled, shuddering. "FIND HER!!" His aides trotted out of the tent to organize search parties, leaving Rego alone to stare at the ground with eyes full of terror. A moment later, on an impulse, he leapt from his seat and stormed out of the tent. "Seize her maids!" he shouted, and the Kirana's ten ladies were brought before him, most shaking and weeping. Rego paced in front of them. "You," he began loudly, then mastered his feeling somewhat, "will now be executed as hostages."

The ladies cried and turned to one another for comfort.

"Now," said Rego, approaching the first girl on the left, "I understand the ladies of Amunia don't like to be exposed in public." As he snarled the last word, he tore the girl's outer robe from her shoulders, leaving her in her sleeveless shift. She shook and her wet, red eyes turned down. "I also imagine the ladies of Amunia don't like long, painful deaths. So!" Rego continued, "I will give each of you the opportunity to help me find the princess. If you comply, you may keep your shift, and death will be swift. If you do not," he turned to glare at them, "you will be stripped naked, and death will be slow."

(To be continued...)
OMG! She must b come back asap. If I m in her place, I m gonna do the same...

Part 4:

When Kirana arrived at the Roman camp, her maids were each bound to a tree, wearing only their shifts. The whole army was gathered to watch the executions.

"Rego!" she shouted as she cut through the Roman throng, then dismounted gracefully beside him. He turned, startled and confused.

"Kirana!" his voice was soft, and his brow knit.

"I have returned, Sir. There is no need to execute hostages." Her ladies stared at her from their trees with a mix of affection, gratitude, and horror that she had returned. For a moment, Rego felt compelled to respect Kirana's words. Then the bitterness of his fright doused his soul cold and he replied:

"In fact, My Lady, I think there is need for an execution today, to teach you a lesson about running away!" Kirana's jaw clenched, and her chin rose. "Seeing as you have returned, we shall spare nine of these girls. But one must die." He paused, and Kirana swallowed. "And you, sweet lady, shall be the executioner!"

"Rego!" Kirana reprimanded him fiercely.

"Choose one," he said. Kirana's lip quivered, and her ladies' eyes darted among them. "Hurry!" Rego prodded.

"Rego, you are behaving -"

"Too late!" he cut her off. "Now choose two!" Kirana's lip twitched in anger.

"Choose me, My Lady!" cried one of the girls.

"And me, My Lady!" cried a second. Rego swallowed and looked to Kirana.

"Ayna and Khaletha," she said quietly, her face inscrutable stone. Rego almost thought of calling the event off, but then nodded briskly to a nearby soldier, who cut the bonds of all ten maids. Ayna and Khaletha each had a soldier grab them from behind by their shoulders. The other eight were free to huddle around their princess.

"Good!" said Rego, stepping up to Ayna, "you are Ayna?" She nodded. "Strip, Ayna." She hesitated, looking to Kirana as if for instruction, then slipped off the shoulder of her shift and let it fall to her feet, leaving her naked. The army rippled with comments and whistles, and Ayna's face turned red as she tried to cover herself with her arms and hands. So did Kirana's, and the faces of all her other ladies. "Thank you, Ayna," said Rego, "Now spread your legs apart and hold your hands behind you." Again, Ayna reluctantly obeyed.

Rego now turned to Kirana and drew a long knife from his belt. "Kirana," he said, handing her the weapon, "thrust this knife into Ayna's vagina until only the hilt shows." Kirana took the blade and swallowed hard, tears coming to her eyes, but not spilling over. She thought for a moment, but knew that she must obey or risk the life of another of her ladies. She stepped forward stoically.

"I am sorry, Ayna," she whispered.

"I am sorry, My Lady," Ayna looked up into her eyes, tearfully.

Then Kirana did what she must. She thrust the knife hard and deep, as quickly as she could, into her lady's womanhood. Ayna's blood immediately covered Kirana's hand, and the princess watched in despair as the maid's mouth and eyes gaped wordlessly, as she gasped, lost her balance, and fell to the ground. Kirana knew it would be several more minutes before she died.

"Your turn!" said Rego, going before Khaletha, who was weeping uncontrollably and periodically squeezing her eyes shut to shut out the horror around her. "Khaletha?" he asked. Khaletha clenched her eyes shut and nodded violently. "Strip, Khaletha." A moment later, Khaletha was naked, convulsing with fear. "Now spread your legs and hold your hands behind you." She obeyed. Rego wordlessly handed Kirana a second, identical knife from his belt. When she had taken it, squinting at him with huge disdain, he nodded curtly and walked two paces away to watch. Ayna was still writhing silently on the ground. Kirana hugged Khaletha's head to her breast and thrust the knife into her. Khaletha's shaking ceased, and instead she jerked sporadically with the same horrific expression as Ayna, then fell.

Rego approached Kirana from behind, so that his breastplate touched the back of her shoulder. "Do not run again," he said.

To be continued...

Part 4:

When Kirana arrived at the Roman camp, her maids were each bound to a tree, wearing only their shifts. The whole army was gathered to watch the executions.

"Rego!" she shouted as she cut through the Roman throng, then dismounted gracefully beside him. He turned, startled and confused.

"Kirana!" his voice was soft, and his brow knit.

"I have returned, Sir. There is no need to execute hostages." Her ladies stared at her from their trees with a mix of affection, gratitude, and horror that she had returned. For a moment, Rego felt compelled to respect Kirana's words. Then the bitterness of his fright doused his soul cold and he replied:

"In fact, My Lady, I think there is need for an execution today, to teach you a lesson about running away!" Kirana's jaw clenched, and her chin rose. "Seeing as you have returned, we shall spare nine of these girls. But one must die." He paused, and Kirana swallowed. "And you, sweet lady, shall be the executioner!"

"Rego!" Kirana reprimanded him fiercely.

"Choose one," he said. Kirana's lip quivered, and her ladies' eyes darted among them. "Hurry!" Rego prodded.

"Rego, you are behaving -"

"Too late!" he cut her off. "Now choose two!" Kirana's lip twitched in anger.

"Choose me, My Lady!" cried one of the girls.

"And me, My Lady!" cried a second. Rego swallowed and looked to Kirana.

"Ayna and Khaletha," she said quietly, her face inscrutable stone. Rego almost thought of calling the event off, but then nodded briskly to a nearby soldier, who cut the bonds of all ten maids. Ayna and Khaletha each had a soldier grab them from behind by their shoulders. The other eight were free to huddle around their princess.

"Good!" said Rego, stepping up to Ayna, "you are Ayna?" She nodded. "Strip, Ayna." She hesitated, looking to Kirana as if for instruction, then slipped off the shoulder of her shift and let it fall to her feet, leaving her naked. The army rippled with comments and whistles, and Ayna's face turned red as she tried to cover herself with her arms and hands. So did Kirana's, and the faces of all her other ladies. "Thank you, Ayna," said Rego, "Now spread your legs apart and hold your hands behind you." Again, Ayna reluctantly obeyed.

Rego now turned to Kirana and drew a long knife from his belt. "Kirana," he said, handing her the weapon, "thrust this knife into Ayna's vagina until only the hilt shows." Kirana took the blade and swallowed hard, tears coming to her eyes, but not spilling over. She thought for a moment, but knew that she must obey or risk the life of another of her ladies. She stepped forward stoically.

"I am sorry, Ayna," she whispered.

"I am sorry, My Lady," Ayna looked up into her eyes, tearfully.

Then Kirana did what she must. She thrust the knife hard and deep, as quickly as she could, into her lady's womanhood. Ayna's blood immediately covered Kirana's hand, and the princess watched in despair as the maid's mouth and eyes gaped wordlessly, as she gasped, lost her balance, and fell to the ground. Kirana knew it would be several more minutes before she died.

"Your turn!" said Rego, going before Khaletha, who was weeping uncontrollably and periodically squeezing her eyes shut to shut out the horror around her. "Khaletha?" he asked. Khaletha clenched her eyes shut and nodded violently. "Strip, Khaletha." A moment later, Khaletha was naked, convulsing with fear. "Now spread your legs and hold your hands behind you." She obeyed. Rego wordlessly handed Kirana a second, identical knife from his belt. When she had taken it, squinting at him with huge disdain, he nodded curtly and walked two paces away to watch. Ayna was still writhing silently on the ground. Kirana hugged Khaletha's head to her breast and thrust the knife into her. Khaletha's shaking ceased, and instead she jerked sporadically with the same horrific expression as Ayna, then fell.

Rego approached Kirana from behind, so that his breastplate touched the back of her shoulder. "Do not run again," he said.

To be continued...

:very_hot:Ummm ... wow!

Excellent. Well balanced tension, and the chemistry between Rego and the princess is interesting. It will be fascinating to see what you do with it. :popcorn:

And you do need an avatar, especially now that you've got our attention. :)

Back
Top Bottom