Go to CruxDreams.com
Part 10 - alternate ending

That night, the tension grew with every hour as Kirana sat with her ladies. They had waited in their cell the whole day. Now they would wait all night. Then in the morning the princess would be crucified, and they would never sit with her again. They tried to rest, but there was little rest to be had, and none of Kirana's ladies wished to sleep away their last hours with her.

Almost no outside light entered the prison even in the day, but the subtle change in the hue of the dimness about them, along with the relative quiet from the streets outside, let them know when night had fallen. They had no other way of keeping time. When would the sun rise in the morning of the execution? They could only wait, and know that as they waited, the hour drew nearer. As the hours marched on uncounted and the fatigue of sleeplessness took its toll, there were more tears, but Kirana determined to remain calm for her ladies' sake. She never shed a tear all that night, but comforted and soothed her ladies with kind words, soft smiles, and gentle hands.

Kirana had asked the guard to advise her when there were two hours left before the dawn, and he, like almost all the rest of Kirana's Roman captors, obeyed. Then she began to prepare herself for her ordeal on the morrow. First she pulled up her gown and spread her legs so that her ladies could shave her pubic hair. This they did, tearfully, and rubbed the skin with oils, until her sex was as smooth as her face. Then she selected a long string of pearls her father had given her long ago, and set it about her bare hips. She knew she would be stripped naked, but hoped she might yet retain some sign of her royalty. She wore a second, shorter string of pearls about her neck, then donned a long, white Amunian gown. Outside this her ladies fastened a girdle woven with threads of gold. She wanted to be sure that she could bare her torso without letting her whole gown fall from her body. Finally, they placed her thin, graceful crown on her head. It, like the girdle, was fashioned from threads of gold, and at the front it bore a large ruby.

The rest of the night, Kirana's ladies braided, twisted, and wove her long, dark hair. At times they almost forgot that they were preparing her not for a palace feast, but for torture and death. At last, they finished, and the wait became worse. Some of them tried to find some imperfection in the princess's hair or dress, just to busy themselves and forget the imminent horror she faced. Kirana continued comforting them, though in her own belly the knots and tempest of terror thrashed her in waves. The feeling of nausea was ever-present, but wave after wave of realization broke against her, each one bringing the reality of her coming fate into sharper focus. She thought of sitting in Muneth's tent and embracing him just weeks ago. Where was he now? Should she have stayed with him and avoided what she now faced? Then she saw her eight maids around her, alive because she had chosen to die for them. She thought of Ayna and Khaletha. She thought of Rego... At the end of every wandering journey of thought was the tall stipes waiting for her on the mound outside the wall, and the rough beam Brutus had selected for her to hang from. She shivered. This much she could not help.

Gradually, the noise of the streets returned, and the hue of the gloom in the cell brightened just enough to let her know that morning had come. THE morning. Ah - the strongest wave yet! She swallowed hard to keep from trembling and vomiting. She grew almost inpatient to see the Brutus come for her - partly because the waiting was so terrible, and partly because she did not know if, for the sake of her ladies, she could contain her fear much longer.

Then there was the screech of an iron gate and the tramp of boots in the corridor. Kirana's heart pounded so hard against her ribs she thought perhaps everything before had been a mere shadow of fear. Her mouth was dry and sticky. It was time.

(To be continued...)

Last edited by a moderator:

That night, the tension grew with every hour as Kirana sat with her ladies. They had waited in their cell the whole day. Now they would wait all night. Then in the morning the princess would be crucified, and they would never sit with her again. They tried to rest, but there was little rest to be had, and none of Kirana's ladies wished to sleep away their last hours with her.

Almost no outside light entered the prison even in the day, but the subtle change in the hue of the dimness about them, along with the relative quiet from the streets outside, let them know when night had fallen. They had no other way of keeping time. When would the sun rise in the morning of the execution? They could only wait, and know that as they waited, the hour drew nearer. As the hours marched on uncounted and the fatigue of sleeplessness took its toll, there were more tears, but Kirana determined to remain calm for her ladies' sake. She never shed a tear all that night, but comforted and soothed her ladies with kind words, soft smiles, and gentle hands.

Kirana had asked the guard to advise her when there were two hours left before the dawn, and he, like almost all the rest of Kirana's Roman captors, obeyed. Then she began to prepare herself for her ordeal on the morrow. First she pulled up her gown and spread her legs so that her ladies could shave her pubic hair. This they did, tearfully, and rubbed the skin with oils, until her sex was as smooth as her face. Then she selected a long string of pearls her father had given her long ago, and set it about her bare hips. She knew she would be stripped naked, but hoped she might yet retain some sign of her royalty. She wore a second, shorter string of pearls about her neck, then donned a long, white Amunian gown. Outside this her ladies fastened a girdle woven with threads of gold. She wanted to be sure that she could bare her torso without letting her whole gown fall from her body. Finally, they placed her thin, graceful crown on her head. It, like the girdle, was fashioned from threads of gold, and at the front it bore a large ruby.

The rest of the night, Kirana's ladies braided, twisted, and wove her long, dark hair. At times they almost forgot that they were preparing her not for a palace feast, but for torture and death. At last, they finished, and the wait became worse. Some of them tried to find some imperfection in the princess's hair or dress, just to busy themselves and forget the imminent horror she faced. Kirana continued comforting them, though in her own belly the knots and tempest of terror thrashed her in waves. The feeling of nausea was ever-present, but wave after wave of realization broke against her, each one bringing the reality of her coming fate into sharper focus. She thought of sitting in Muneth's tent and embracing him just weeks ago. Where was he now? Should she have stayed with him and avoided what she now faced? Then she saw her eight maids around her, alive because she had chosen to die for them. She thought of Ayna and Khaletha. She thought of Rego... At the end of every wandering journey of thought was the tall stipes waiting for her on the mound outside the wall, and the rough beam Brutus had selected for her to hang from. She shivered. This was much she could not help.

Gradually, the noise of the streets returned, and the hue of the gloom in the cell brightened just enough to let her know that morning had come. THE morning. Ah - the strongest wave yet! She swallowed hard to keep from trembling and vomiting. She grew almost inpatient to see the Brutus come for her - partly because the waiting was so terrible, and partly because she did not know if, for the sake of her ladies, she could contain her fear much longer.

Then there was the screech of an iron gate and the tramp of boots in the corridor. Kirana's heart pounded so hard against her ribs she thought perhaps everything before had been a mere shadow of fear. Her mouth was dry and sticky. It was time.

(To be continued...)

I like it :)

Part 11:

Kirana did not want to speak first, but she was bursting with anxiety, and Brutus just stood there gloating outside the cell, not speaking. "I am ready," she said, eyes wide and serious.

Brutus laughed. "No you're not," he said, with a snicker and a surprisingly grave condescension. Kirana could only stare back at him with the same wide-eyed defiance. "You have no idea how completely I'm going to destroy you, Princess - in every possible meaning of the phrase." Kirana shuddered. "No one," he continued, "is ever ready to be crucified." Then he just stood there longer. Kirana could hear the crowd growing outside. They were eager for her to come out and be executed.

Finally, she couldn't help herself, and she spoke again, against her will. "Have you come to rape me?" she asked, her voice calm, though her jaw quivered as soon as she had forced out the words. Brutus grinned.

"Maybe..." he said, suddenly interested in a way that suggested to Kirana the awful thought that maybe he had forgotten and she had reminded him.

"I will submit," she said. "Where can my ladies go while you take me?"

Brutus laughed. "You still don't understand, do you?" Kirana clenched her jaw. "Get out of there," Brutus commanded, opening the gate. Kirana obeyed. There was a small table in the corridor, just opposite the cell. "Lie down." Kirana slowly lay on her back on the table, closing her eyes to gather herself. Then she pulled up her gown to show him her shaven vagina, and spread her legs to give him access. Her ladies respectfully turned their backs in the cell. Being out in the corridor, Kirana felt more vulnerable than she had anticipated, and Brutus seemed to take an eternity revealing his member and coming to her. Then he was on top of her. She gripped the sides of the table and clenched her teeth. In he thrust, and Kirana suppressed a grunt of pain. In and out, in and out, in and out, IN, and OUT! Brutus squeezed her shoulders, then her face as he shoved back and forth. Kirana had never felt so degraded, and the pain was of a sort she had never felt. She couldn't help but gasp, mouth agape, as he raped her.

"I'm... going... to KILL you!!" Brutus roared as he climaxed. When it was over, Kirana's ladies came with cloths to clean the blood and semen from their princess's thighs. That was it. She was no longer a virgin. That was as close as she would ever come to finding romantic love. The pain still throbbed in her vagina as they smoothed her gown and fixed details of her hair, locked back inside the cell.

"The soldiers will be here for you soon," said Brutus, grinning and breathing hard. "I'll see you at the whipping post, Love," and he walked away, laughing.

It was several more minutes of waiting in the cell, hearing preparations and instructions and general excitement throughout the prison, before the guard finally appeared, unlocked the gate, and led Kirana, with her ladies, down the corridor toward the bright morning outside. He stopped them when they were within sight of the courtyard outside, but still too far into the prison for any but the keenest eyes to see them.

"My Lady," he said, "there are two columns of soldiers. You must walk between the two, in the center. When you are asked to confess your crimes, you must confess that you have waged war upon Rome, have slaughtered Roman citizens, and now accept your just punishment." Kirana glared. "Your ladies may accompany you to hear your sentence proclaimed," the guard continued, "but afterward, you must choose only one who will accompany you on the death march."

Kirana thought, still glaring at the guard, still fighting the churning mess of terror, anger, and despair in her belly. What would it mean for the lady she chose?

"They are ready for you, My Lady," the guard interrupted her thought. In the pressure of the moment, unable to think, she blurted out the name of her favorite.

"Yupar," she said. Yupar made a slight bow, obviously honored, and as pleased as she could be in the circumstances.

"Very well," said the guard. "Proceed until you reach the center of the two columns."

(To be continued...)

Part 11:

Kirana did not want to speak first, but she was bursting with anxiety, and Brutus just stood there gloating outside the cell, not speaking. "I am ready," she said, eyes wide and serious.

Brutus laughed. "No you're not," he said, with a snicker and a surprisingly grave condescension. Kirana could only stare back at him with the same wide-eyed defiance. "You have no idea how completely I'm going to destroy you, Princess - in every possible meaning of the phrase." Kirana shuddered. "No one," he continued, "is ever ready to be crucified." Then he just stood there longer. Kirana could hear the crowd growing outside. They were eager for her to come out and be executed.

Finally, she couldn't help herself, and she spoke again, against her will. "Have you come to rape me?" she asked, her voice calm, though her jaw quivered as soon as she had forced out the words. Brutus grinned.

"Maybe..." he said, suddenly interested in a way that suggested to Kirana the awful thought that maybe he had forgotten and she had reminded him.

"I will submit," she said. "Where can my ladies go while you take me?"

Brutus laughed. "You still don't understand, do you?" Kirana clenched her jaw. "Get out of there," Brutus commanded, opening the gate. Kirana obeyed. There was a small table in the corridor, just opposite the cell. "Lie down." Kirana slowly lay on her back on the table, closing her eyes to gather herself. Then she pulled up her gown to show him her shaven vagina, and spread her legs to give him access. Her ladies respectfully turned their backs in the cell. Being out in the corridor, Kirana felt more vulnerable than she had anticipated, and Brutus seemed to take an eternity revealing his member and coming to her. Then he was on top of her. She gripped the sides of the table and clenched her teeth. In he thrust, and Kirana suppressed a grunt of pain. In and out, in and out, in and out, IN, and OUT! Brutus squeezed her shoulders, then her face as he shoved back and forth. Kirana had never felt so degraded, and the pain was of a sort she had never felt. She couldn't help but gasp, mouth agape, as he raped her.

"I'm... going... to KILL you!!" Brutus roared as he climaxed. When it was over, Kirana's ladies came with cloths to clean the blood and semen from their princess's thighs. That was it. She was no longer a virgin. That was as close as she would ever come to finding romantic love. The pain still throbbed in her vagina as they smoothed her gown and fixed details of her hair, locked back inside the cell.

"The soldiers will be here for you soon," said Brutus, grinning and breathing hard. "I'll see you at the whipping post, Love," and he walked away, laughing.

It was several more minutes of waiting in the cell, hearing preparations and instructions and general excitement throughout the prison, before the guard finally appeared, unlocked the gate, and led Kirana, with her ladies, down the corridor toward the bright morning outside. He stopped them when they were within sight of the courtyard outside, but still too far into the prison for any but the keenest eyes to see them.

"My Lady," he said, "there are two columns of soldiers. You must walk between the two, in the center. When you are asked to confess your crimes, you must confess that you have waged war upon Rome, have slaughtered Roman citizens, and now accept your just punishment." Kirana glared. "Your ladies may accompany you to hear your sentence proclaimed," the guard continued, "but afterward, you must choose only one who will accompany you on the death march."

Kirana thought, still glaring at the guard, still fighting the churning mess of terror, anger, and despair in her belly. What would it mean for the lady she chose?

"They are ready for you, My Lady," the guard interrupted her thought. In the pressure of the moment, unable to think, she blurted out the name of her favorite.

"Yupar," she said. Yupar made a slight bow, obviously honored, and as pleased as she could be in the circumstances.

"Very well," said the guard. "Proceed until you reach the center of the two columns."

(To be continued...)
OMG! I will b in there :oops::oops::oops::devil::devil::devil:

I waited too long to read ur bits today :)
Hers isn't the only one....great writing, Juan!
My heart is pounding too ! :)
her desire to die nobly and dignified, if that's possible when nailed to a cross.
I dont think it cant last long ;)

The rest of the night, Kirana's ladies braided, twisted, and wove her long, dark hair. At times they almost forgot that they were preparing her not for a palace feast, but for torture and death. At last, they finished, and the wait became worse. Some of them tried to find some imperfection in the princess's hair or dress, just to busy themselves and forget the imminent horror she faced. Kirana continued comforting them, though in her own belly the knots and tempest of terror thrashed her in waves. The feeling of nausea was ever-present, but wave after wave of realization broke against her, each one bringing the reality of her coming fate into sharper focus. She thought of sitting in Muneth's tent and embracing him just weeks ago. Where was he now? Should she have stayed with him and avoided what she now faced? Then she saw her eight maids around her, alive because she had chosen to die for them. She thought of Ayna and Khaletha. She thought of Rego... At the end of every wandering journey of thought was the tall stipes waiting for her on the mound outside the wall, and the rough beam Brutus had selected for her to hang from. She shivered. This much she could not help.

(To be continued...)
very nice...suspenseful.

Part 12:

Kirana stepped into the sunlight, and into the noise of the crowd, which rose to frenzied applause as she appeared, followed by her maids. There were people everywhere. They stood on tip-toe to see her, sat precariously on thatched roofs, stood on carts and wagons for a view, and leaned out windows. All of Rome had turned out to watch her suffer.

There, high on a balcony behind her and to her left, stood the pudgy old emperor, pink with pleasure. There, before her, were the two columns of soldiers - about 20 in each. And there, facing her astride a stallion between the columns, was Rego, waiting for her with a noble, battle-weary air. Packed everywhere else were thousands of noisy people, each prying and straining for a better view of the ceremony.

Then the emperor held up his hand, and a great horn sounded, and a great drum pounded until the crowd grew quiet.

"Citizens of Rome!" the emperor proclaimed, "We are gathered to celebrate the defeat of the hateful barbarian people of Amunia!" The crowd cheered, and the emperor almost had to order the horn blown again to restore order. "Rego Flavius, here with us today, has proven himself our finest general by conquering the Amunians, slaying their king in battle, and bringing back as a prize their princess!" Again, there were cheers. Rego nodded to the crowd's adoration with joyless pride. "Princess!" The emperor turned angrily to her when the noise had calmed. "Confess your crimes!"

Kirana turned to face him. She thought of defying him and remaining silent. Then she looked at Yupar. After a deep breath, she managed to shout back, "I have waged war upon Rome and slaughtered Roman citizens. I now accept my just punishment." The crowd remained quiet, waiting for the emperor's next words.

"Barbaria, Princess of the Amunians," he began, "by these crimes you have made yourself the enemy of Rome. Now you shall suffer the justice of Rome. You are condemned to death! Take off your sandals and hang your titulus around your neck. This very morning I order you to be crucified outside the main gate!" Then, as the cheers grew deafening, "Rego! Deliver this criminal to Brutus Vorcus in the eastern market plaza!"

As Kirana's ladies stooped to remove her sandals, the prison guard appeared with the titulus she had left in her cell. She put it around her neck. Rego had dismounted, holding a rope attached to his horse's bridle, and now as the guard bound Kirana's hands behind her, Rego tied the rope around her slender neck, securing it with a tug. He barely looked in her eyes. As Rego remounted, seven of her ladies were corralled back into the prison. Only Yupar remained with her. Then the column began to march, and Kirana was yanked along with them by the rope around her neck.

Thus she was led through the streets, by a rope around her neck, like a dog, barefoot and bound like a criminal. This was real. This was not merely an exercise in humiliation, like the two days before. This was her death march. Each step brought her closer to the ultimate horror of the cross.

Her vagina still throbbed, making it painful to walk, and the sharp stones on the road hurt her bare feet, while the ropes that bound her chafed her wrists and neck. But for all the obvious humiliation and pain (however slight compared to what was to come) it felt very much like an ordinary day. She had imagined this walk for a long time, so that it came to have a fantastic, other-worldly feel in her mind. Now that it had come, all of this was stripped away, and she was left in the terrifying ordinariness of reality. There was no music, no narration. There was only the cacophony of the crowd and the warmth of the April sun, like she had felt it on her face on so many happy days with her father in Amunia. This was happening! There was nothing she could do to stop it, or to slow it down to let her come to terms with it. She was on her way to the cross, and with a dizzying stab of nausea, the full impact of Brutus' words shot through her: "No one is ever ready to be crucified."

For nearly half an hour, this march continued, as Kirana grasped desperately at every moment to enjoy the relative freedom from pain. She knew that when she hung on the cross later that day, she would pine for these moments of relative bliss.

Then the procession entered the busy market plaza she had toured with Brutus two days before. There was the stone platform in the center. There were the twin whipping posts where she would leave her royal blood. And there was Brutus, grinning.

(To be continued...)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Barbaria, Princess of the Amunians," he began, "by these crimes you have made yourself the enemy of Rome. Now you shall suffer the justice of Rome. You are condemned to death! Take off your sandals and hang your titulus around your neck. This very morning I order you to be crucified outside the main gate!" Then, as the cheers grew deafening, "Rego! Deliver this criminal to Brutus Vorcus in the eastern market plaza!"

I was so frightened I forgot I was even wearing sandals. What I am not to be executed in the arena. You mean I have to walk all the way to the main gate with the crowds jeering and dogging me every step of the way. It will take an hour to get there. Is there no end to the humiliation you force upon me, a proud princess?

She was on her way to the cross, and with a dizzying stab of nausea, the full impact of Brutus' words shot through her: "No one is ever ready to be crucified."

Truer words were never spoken. I am not ready. I am to young to die. And if I must die, not in such a prolonged degrading manner, before the masses! Oh Yupar, please stay with me. I cherish the company of someone else experiencing this horror alongside me. Perhaps there is some sliver of strength in that? Oh no, we are almost there. I can see the twin whipping posts up ahead now. So frightening. Oh Yupar, how will we ever endure this?

I want a Wragg loathometer reading on Brutus.:mad::eek:

Intense stuff. :):)
Tinged with admiration for his creativity, he's getting up the scale...

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Juan, I should explain that I use this as a measure of how emotionally involved I am in a story, how much I loathe the bad guy.... it is intended as a compliment to you! :)

Part 13:

Rego dismounted before the stone platform and led his captive up the stone steps to the whipping posts. Yupar was held back by the soldiers in the column. Rego shoved Kirana to the post on the left, with her back to it, so that she faced him and the grinning Brutus with a glare that almost masked the dread in her big, dark eyes. Rego, silent and solemn, was being rough. He cut her bonds, only to force her hands behind the post and tie her there. Then he removed the signboard and the rope around her neck, and without any pause suddenly tore her gown down the middle, from the neckline to the girdle. Kirana knew that she would be stripped, but she was nonetheless unprepared for the suddenness and savageness of it, and at Rego's hand! When she finally came somewhat to terms with the exposure of her shoulders, breasts, and belly, Rego had finished tugging the fabric down so that, while her sleeves still clung uselessly to her wrists behind her, her entire torso was bare above her girdle. She searched Rego's face earnestly for some sign of warmth, but he was utterly inscrutable.

Then he turned to Brutus. "Brutus Vorcus," he said, "I have brought this enemy of the empire all the way from Amunia so that she may suffer at your hand. Crucify this woman, that she may learn what it is to defy Rome!" The crowd cheered wildly, and Rego ceremonially transferred the princess into Brutus' hands with a dramatic wave of his arm. Kirana's legs were trembling, and she was glad they were still covered by her gown. Meanwhile she was very aware of the thousands of eyes trained on her bare breasts and dark nipples, and the cool April air filtering over them. It was not difficult to see that the skin of her breasts and torso was whiter than the olive tones of her arms and face. She almost wished for the beating to begin, so that she could lose her gnawing shame in an ocean of pain.

There were several buckets of what appeared to be water sitting on the platform a little way from Kirana, and Brutus dipped a small clay bowl into one of them and offered it to her. She was skeptical, and at first did not take it, but Brutus turned to look knowingly at Yupar below, then back to Kirana, and she obeyed, drinking the liquid. It was not unpleasant, and Kirana recognized at once the taste of one of the herbs in it - lalath they called it in Amunia. It was one of the herbs she had used to treat Rego's wound the first night she had seen him. She guessed she knew Brutus' secret to "duration."

"Good!" said Brutus, when she had finished. "Now Princess," he said, taking up a thick wooden rod, almost as big around as a man's fist, and pacing in front of her "I'm going to strike you with this rod." Kirana swallowed and worked her clenched lips, trying to prepare herself. "But I don't know where you'd like to be struck!" The crowd laughed, and he turned for a moment to laugh with them. "So tell me each time if you would like a blow high, low, left, right, or middle. You can do that, can't you? It will help us form a collaborative relationship as we go through the day." Again, laughter. Kirana glared hard. Perhaps if she glared hard enough her muscles would stop quivering. "Good! Let's begin!" And he looked to her for instruction.

"Left," she said through her teeth. Brutus had already wound up for a terrific blow, and the rod landed with a sickening thud against Kirana's left ribs. She winced and jerked to the right, suppressing her urge to cry out in pain.

"Hurry!" said Brutus, immediately after.

"Right."

Whoosh - THUD! Her mouth and eyes flew open with shock as she jerked back to the left, but she did not cry, and her involuntary whimper was too quiet for the crowd to hear.

"Middle!" she shouted, to conquer the tears burning behind her eyes.

The blow landed with a softer thud, just below her sternum, and she doubled over, unable to breath.

"Hurry!" Brutus coaxed her with glee, and her mouth, gaping like that of a fish out of water, formed the shapes for "left," but her voice would not come. "Very well," said the executioner, "if you don't want to tell me, we'll give your maid a turn!" She tried to protest, but her voice was still gone.

Yupar was brought to the platform and tied to the second whipping post, though she was not stripped.

"Left," Kirana finally managed to croak.

"Left it is!" crowed Brutus, then landed a brutal blow to Yupar's left side, causing her to groan and come to tears like a little girl. Kirana could hardly bear to see it.

"Well?" Brutus was looking to Kirana. She closed her eyes in despair and rolled her head from side to side, realizing that she must now dictate the next blow to Yupar.

"Right," she said finally. THUD - and Yupar's cry. This went on for six more blows before Brutus returned to the princess.

"I suppose now I'll find you more collaborative," he said. "Where shall we begin?" Kirana's face was drifting toward despair, though plenty of the determined glare remained.

"High." WHACK - across her nipples. She inhaled the urge to scream, robbing it almost completely if sound.

"Left." THUD!

"Right." THUD!

And so it went on, until Brutus was satisfied. "Good! I hope you've enjoyed this as much as I have!" he said, then swung again, striking her especially hard in her exposed belly, where she had not directed him since the first time. Again she doubled over, gasping, unable to breathe. "Well, now that we've given you your massage," the crowd laughed, interrupting him, "let's tie you up properly and have you flogged! This can't all be fun and games, you know. This is a crucifixion, after all. You're going to have to take some pain."

Yupar was unbound and returned to her place with the soldiers as Brutus' assistants untied her, then positioned her between the two posts, tying one wrist to each, above her head. Her bare feet, though free, could barely touch the stone below her. She felt doubly exposed and vulnerable this way, with her arms spread wide above her and nothing but cool air both in front and behind her. Her bruised breasts and chest throbbed, bare before the crowd. Her back tingled, awaiting the whip. She thought of Grontus' whipping. She almost panicked. She could not see Yupar. She didn't know where Rego was. She didn't know what Brutus and his assistants were doing behind her, or when the first lash would slice through her soft skin. She could only wait.

(To be continued...)

Part 13:

Rego dismounted before the stone platform and led his captive up the stone steps to the whipping posts. Yupar was held back by the soldiers in the column. Rego shoved Kirana to the post on the left, with her back to it, so that she faced him and the grinning Brutus with a glare that almost masked the dread in her big, dark eyes. Rego, silent and solemn, was being rough. He cut her bonds, only to force her hands behind the post and tie her there. Then he removed the signboard and the rope around her neck, and without any pause suddenly tore her gown down the middle, from the neckline to the girdle. Kirana knew that she would be stripped, but she was nonetheless unprepared for the suddenness and savageness of it, and at Rego's hand! When she finally came somewhat to terms with the exposure of her shoulders, breasts, and belly, Rego had finished tugging the fabric down so that, while her sleeves still clung uselessly to her wrists behind her, her entire torso was bare above her girdle. She searched Rego's face earnestly for some sign of warmth, but he was utterly inscrutable.

Then he turned to Brutus. "Brutus Vorcus," he said, "I have brought this enemy of the empire all the way from Amunia so that she may suffer at your hand. Crucify this woman, that she may learn what it is to defy Rome!" The crowd cheered wildly, and Rego ceremonially transferred the princess into Brutus' hands with a dramatic wave of his arm. Kirana's legs were trembling, and she was glad they were still covered by her gown. Meanwhile she was very aware of the thousands of eyes trained on her bare breasts and dark nipples, and the cool April air filtering over them. It was not difficult to see that the skin of her breasts and torso was whiter than the olive tones of her arms and face. She almost wished for the beating to begin, so that she could lose her gnawing shame in an ocean of pain.

There were several buckets of what appeared to be water sitting on the platform a little way from Kirana, and Brutus dipped a small clay bowl into one of them and offered it to her. She was skeptical, and at first did not take it, but Brutus turned to look knowingly at Yupar below, then back to Kirana, and she obeyed, drinking the liquid. It was not unpleasant, and Kirana recognized at once the taste of one of the herbs in it - lalath they called it in Amunia. It was one of the herbs she had used to treat Rego's wound the first night she had seen him. She guessed she knew Brutus' secret to "duration."

"Good!" said Brutus, when she had finished. "Now Princess," he said, taking up a thick wooden rod, almost as big around as a man's fist, and pacing in front of her "I'm going to strike you with this rod." Kirana swallowed and worked her clenched lips, trying to prepare herself. "But I don't know where you'd like to be struck!" The crowd laughed, and he turned for a moment to laugh with them. "So tell me each time if you would like a blow high, low, left, right, or middle. You can do that, can't you? It will help us form a collaborative relationship as we go through the day." Again, laughter. Kirana glared hard. Perhaps if she glared hard enough her muscles would stop quivering. "Good! Let's begin!" And he looked to her for instruction.

"Left," she said through her teeth. Brutus had already wound up for a terrific blow, and the rod landed with a sickening thud against Kirana's left ribs. She winced and jerked to the right, suppressing her urge to cry out in pain.

"Right."

Whoosh - THUD! Her mouth and eyes flew open with shock as she jerked back to the left, but she did not cry, and her involuntary whimper was too quiet for the crowd to hear.

The blow landed with a softer thud, just below her sternum, and she doubled over, unable to breath.

"Hurry!" Brutus coaxed her with glee, and her mouth, gaping like that of a fish out of water, formed the shapes for "left," but her voice would not come. "Very well," said the executioner, "if you don't want to tell me, we'll give your maid a turn!" She tried to protest, but her voice was still gone.

Yupar was brought to the platform and tied to the second whipping post, though she was not stripped.

"Left it is!" crowed Brutus, then landed a brutal blow to Yupar's left side, causing her to groan and come to tears like a little girl. Kirana could hardly bear to see it.

"Well?" Brutus was looking to Kirana. She closed her eyes in despair and rolled her head from side to side, realizing that she must now dictate the next blow to Yupar.

"Right," she said finally. THUD - and Yupar's cry. This went on for six more blows before Brutus returned to the princess.

"I suppose now I'll find you more collaborative," he said. "Where shall we begin?" Kirana's face was drifting toward despair, though plenty of the determined glare remained.

"High." WHACK - across her nipples. She inhaled the urge to scream, robbing it almost completely if sound.

"Left." THUD!

"Right." THUD!

And so it went on, until Brutus was satisfied. "Good! I hope you've enjoyed this as much as I have!" he said, then swung again, striking her especially hard in her exposed belly, where she had not directed him since the first time. Again she doubled over, gasping, unable to breathe. "Well, now that we've given you your massage," the crowd laughed, interrupting him, "let's tie you up properly and have you flogged! This can't all be fun and games, you know. This is a crucifixion, after all. You're going to have to take some pain."

Yupar was unbound and returned to her place with the soldiers as Brutus' assistants untied her, then positioned her between the two posts, tying one wrist to each, above her head. Her bare feet, though free, could barely touch the stone below her. She felt doubly exposed and vulnerable this way, with her arms spread wide above her and nothing but cool air both in front and behind her. Her bruised breasts and chest throbbed, bare before the crowd. Her back tingled, awaiting the whip. She thought of Grontus' whipping. She almost panicked. She could not see Yupar. She didn't know where Rego was. She didn't know what Brutus and his assistants were doing behind her, or when the first lash would slice through her soft skin. She could only wait.

(To be continued...)

Uh-oh... Juan's still writing like a genius! Brutus is sinking to new depths!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Loathometer now on 80% :eek:

Part 13:

"Right."

"Left." THUD!

"Right." THUD!

(To be continued...)
Wow and gasp ... Such a beating. I don't know how I got through that ... Oh, and I am sorry Yupar! I never meant for you to suffer on the second post like that. At least he doesn't appear to intend to flog you too. At least I hope not .... Why does this have to take place before a crowd. It is so humiliating the way the ogle my nakedness and shout insults! And, oh, the waiting. I hate the waiting and not knowing what is going on behind me. Why doesn't he get it over with? I am ready as I will ever be to take the first lash. Just do it!!!!

Part 13:

"Right."

"Left." THUD!

"Right." THUD!

(To be continued...)
this is really good!!!

Back
Top Bottom