Ku Krux Klan

Go to CruxDreams.com
Breathtaking, incredible, earth shattering stuff! Well done Barb, and well done Tree!

:clapping::clapping:
Things like this are not planned, and Barb pushed Tree memories that happened before she born...

There is a reason history is important but RESEARCH it!!! There are a lot of side plots that could have gone on here. Some have been proven fact, others assumed true... Remember if Tree says it assume it is wrong... He graciously accepts apologizes...

Tree

Thank you Barb, An excellent story, so descriptive and well illustrated. I was surprised by the burning crucifix ending but considering it was the KKK and the burning of a cross I should not of been surprised. Thanks again to you and your assistants for the effort and time developing it.

It was a great read. What could be a touchy, sensitive or controversial theme handled very deftly. Well done, Barb and Tree. :)
An old fart who was 5 years old in 1961 this was a hard story to contribute to...

Barb pushed me pretty hard and I thank her for that...

The Ol' Oak thanks all for your interest and Barb for her story. I'm tired out and think tomorrow will be a better day to write...

Love the one you are with or find someone to love...

THT

Thank you Barb, An excellent story, so descriptive and well illustrated. I was surprised by the burning crucifix ending but considering it was the KKK and the burning of a cross I should not of been surprised. Thanks again to you and your assistants for the effort and time developing it.

I love crucifixion. I really do :)
But the thought of being burnt to death on a cross! Fire is a terrifying way to die, a level of suffering beyond most, it fills us with horror. The combination of cross and bats . . . . . I think Barb handled it very sensitively in the end, giving us just enough to end on a high note of drama. I suspect a greater amount of detail would have been a bit too gruesome.
Well done!

Wow! A powerful, exciting story Barb, with a frightening hint of reality... it could have happened. I wonder how I would have felt as the nails went in and the smell of kero floated through the air....

I love crucifixion. I really do :)
But the thought of being burnt to death on a cross! Fire is a terrifying way to die, a level of suffering beyond most, it fills us with horror. The combination of cross and bats . . . . . I think Barb handled it very sensitively in the end, giving us just enough to end on a high note of drama. I suspect a greater amount of detail would have been a bit too gruesome.
Well done!

Yes, I had to end it that way. A tale of the KKK in the Old South must logically and dramatically end with a lynching and a fiery cross late at night in the glare of headlights. And while the prospect of being executed by being burned alive (BATS) has some erotic appeal for me, I lose interest as soon as the fire is lit, which is very different from the way I fantasize and excite myself about the progressive details of suffering death on the cross, or by hanging, firing squad, the ax or guillotine, and probably some others too. So yes, exactly how Barbara Moore's death by fire played out was left to the reader's imagination and predilections.

being burned alive (BATS) has some erotic appeal for me, I lose interest as soon as the fire is lit
That's very similar to my own reaction to 'burning at the stake'. I do love (in a way) the preparation, the anticipation, the helplessness, the first flickers. I could write out some of the details following if it had to be but it's not really attractive at all...

All the movies would have you go through or along in a river to lose them. I'll just get a deck chair and a mint Julie and wait for the action! :rolleyes:
indeed seems just like a dreaming pampered girlie:p on a multimillion pound / dollar Yacht:devil:

That's very similar to my own reaction to 'burning at the stake'. I do love (in a way) the preparation, the anticipation, the helplessness, the first flickers. I could write out some of the details following if it had to be but it's not really attractive at all...

Exactly!!!! :)

Rough politics, you say? You missed last night's Republican debate ... so many idiots calling each other names on one stage ... what a sorry spectacle. Ducking now, before THT sees this post
they called that democracy.................................but
indeed we stupid european don't know about it we have other ways
sorry britain.jpg

Yes, I had to end it that way. A tale of the KKK in the Old South must logically and dramatically end with a lynching and a fiery cross late at night in the glare of headlights. And while the prospect of being executed by being burned alive (BATS) has some erotic appeal for me, I lose interest as soon as the fire is lit, which is very different from the way I fantasize and excite myself about the progressive details of suffering death on the cross, or by hanging, firing squad, the ax or guillotine, and probably some others too. So yes, exactly how Barbara Moore's death by fire played out was left to the reader's imagination and predilections.

There seems to be much writing about the details of crucifixion but few descriptions about burned at the stake. This is despite the fact that thousands of people were burned at the stake during the Middle Ages for many crimes and suspicion of being witches. I wonder why the lack of details of being burned alive. What do you suppose it was like? The victim was probably not naked unless they were greased up enough to burn but it would still be an embarrassing and painful death in public.

Back
Top Bottom