Maiden Voyage

Go to CruxDreams.com

mermaidhunter

Master Crucifixion Technician
Most of us have heard the term "Maiden Voayge" but many are not familiar with the origin of the term. Being a nut for sailing, I ran across this in an article years ago and had forgotten about it, but when it popped into my head the other day it seemed a natural for someone that loves sailing, beautiful women, and crucifixion. There are various stories dating to antiquity of virgins being sacrificed on the bow of a new boat as part of the christening, or girls being fastened to the bow of the boat and left to die as part of the christening. The Vikings are thought by some to be the originators of this tradition, but resorted merely pouring blood on the bow as they found better uses for their virgins!
In later times the figurehead of the boat was a harkening back to the days of using virgins to pacify the gods of the sea with the launching a new boat.

I had to do a few images to assuage this erotic bygone tradition. I didn't have any 3d models of Vikings or Norseboats, so I went down a little different path, but the idea is still the same.

I hope you all enjoy.

Attachments

• Crux_Maiden_voyage_nail002a.jpg
    Crux_Maiden_voyage_nail002a.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 1,333
  • Crux_Maiden_voyage_nail01a.jpg
    Crux_Maiden_voyage_nail01a.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 1,293
  • Crux_Maiden_voyage08a.jpg
    Crux_Maiden_voyage08a.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 1,268
  • Crux_Maiden_Voyage03a.jpg
    Crux_Maiden_Voyage03a.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 1,321
  • Crux_Maiden_Voyage07a.jpg
    Crux_Maiden_Voyage07a.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 1,320
  • Crux_Maiden_voyage03.jpg
    Crux_Maiden_voyage03.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 1,316
Now, That is different, I like it ! :):cool:

Most of us have heard the term "Maiden Voayge" but many are not familiar with the origin of the term. Being a nut for sailing, I ran across this in an article years ago and had forgotten about it, but when it popped into my head the other day it seemed a natural for someone that loves sailing, beautiful women, and crucifixion. There are various stories dating to antiquity of virgins being sacrificed on the bow of a new boat as part of the christening, or girls being fastened to the bow of the boat and left to die as part of the christening. The Vikings are thought by some to be the originators of this tradition, but resorted merely pouring blood on the bow as they found better uses for their virgins!
In later times the figurehead of the boat was a harkening back to the days of using virgins to pacify the gods of the sea with the launching a new boat.

I had to do a few images to assuage this erotic bygone tradition. I didn't have any 3d models of Vikings or Norseboats, so I went down a little different path, but the idea is still the same.

I hope you all enjoy.
Now that's different.

Yes it is good to see you back and inspired as usual.

A delicious positon for a girl to be in - never experienced it myself, but I've a (braver and more gymnastic) friend who did, when we were sailing - climbed down to balance on the bob-stay below the bowsprit, holding onto the stay-lines above her, while dolphins leapt around her legs. She wasn't naked, though!

Very original.
Is it possible to make her facial expression less... composed?

Yes, the 3D models are comletely poseable, almost any pose that a human can do can be made. This particular model is slightly limited as far as expressions, but a much less composed look is possible.

<p>
Most of us have heard the term &quot;Maiden Voayge&quot; but many are not familiar with the origin of the term. Being a nut for sailing, I ran across this in an article years ago and had forgotten about it, but when it popped into my head the other day it seemed a natural for someone that loves sailing, beautiful women, and crucifixion. There are various stories dating to antiquity of virgins being sacrificed on the bow of a new boat as part of the christening, or girls being fastened to the bow of the boat and left to die as part of the christening. The Vikings are thought by some to be the originators of this tradition, but resorted merely pouring blood on the bow as they found better uses for their virgins! </p>
<p>In later times the figurehead of the boat was a harkening back to the days of using virgins to pacify the gods of the sea with the launching a new boat.</p>
<p><br /></p>
<p>I had to do a few images to assuage this erotic bygone tradition. I didn't have any 3d models of Vikings or Norseboats, so I went down a little different path, but the idea is still the same.</p>
<p><br /></p>
<p>I hope you all enjoy.
</p><p>G'day 'mermaidhunter',</p>
<p><br /></p>
<p>You sound right about the origins of 'Maiden Voyage' as a nautical term. I remember many years ago reading an article stating that the practice was (sort of) used by the Mongols in that they tied naked female victims to the brow of their ships when they sailed to invade Japan in the early 'Middle Ages' (?). A fleet of some 5,000 ships was subsequently destroyed by a typhoon which the grateful Japanese considered a divine wind, calling it &quot;kamikaze&quot;. Thank you for the anecdote and the great graphics.</p>

I hope you all enjoy.

I learned something new! Thanks!

I'm pretty sure "maiden voyage" has the same origin as a horse's "maiden race", a plane's "maiden flight" or a politician's "maiden speech". It just means the first time, a loss of "maidenhood".
But, hey, let's not let facts stand in the way of good time.:cool:

I'm pretty sure "maiden voyage" has the same origin as a horse's "maiden race", a plane's "maiden flight" or a politician's "maiden speech". It just means the first time, a loss of "maidenhood".

:D

You may be right, but I didn't make this stuff up here are a couple of links;

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-taboo-nature-human-sacrifice-6102364.html

http://www.answers.com/topic/figureheads-1
Very original.
Is it possible to make her facial expression less... composed?

I hope this is more like what you were hoping for.

Attachments

• Crux_Maiden_Voyage205.jpg
    Crux_Maiden_Voyage205.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 651
Back
Top Bottom