Maiden Voyage

Go to CruxDreams.com
You may be right, but I didn't make this stuff up here are a couple of links;
Well, yes, like it says:​
They are, in fact, believed to represent the sacrifices that sailors made to the gods of the wind and sea
like a great many things you'll find on the internet, the fact that it's 'believed' doesn't make it true!​
Still, it's a nice idea, exciting for me -​
like my 'Andromeda' fantasies of being chained naked to a rock by the sea​

Well, yes, like it says:​
like a great many things you'll find on the internet, the fact that it's 'believed' doesn't make it true!​
Still, it's a nice idea, exciting for me -​
like my 'Andromeda' fantasies of being chained naked to a rock by the sea​
You know they can't put anything on the Internet that isn't true. I read that on the Internet.:p

Now that's the ticket!
Muchas Gracias.
There are so many "classic artist" depictions of the Andromeda myth. What makes it so powerful? I guess it's the image of the defenseless woman needing to be saved by the brave male. I supose it gives us males something to do other than killing each other! (Isn't that what knights did between battles -- rescue fair maidens? And if you weren't a maiden, to hell with you?;) ) It makes us feel good about ourselves!

One thing I've noticed about classic painting and sculptures in general is that female genitalia are never shown. There might be a little pubic hair hinted at here and there, but mainly the ladies keep their thighs together or have a whispy cloth covering over her naughty bits. (How convenient for her modesty!) Seems classic artists were more into butts (a lot of junk in some of those trunks!) and boobs. Poynter_Andromeda.jpg This is about as much pubic hair (what there is of it) exposure I could fine in a classic rendering (Andromeda, in this case.) Even modern artists who paint in the classic style ( e.g., Ferri) don't show much in the way of female genitals. Maybe it just takes into account traditional female concepts of modesty (sit with your legs properly crossed girls). Males figures, on the other hand, often have their packages on full display, rather fully and proudly. (Of course, it's a little harder hiding his stuff.) Perhaps someone educated in art history can explain it. My opinion -- for what's worth -- is that the female figure was shown as being more demure because that was expected of women in general.

Eulalia, you say you don't want to be saved in your Andromeda fantasy, right? You want to meet your monster. You're a formidable woman -- should I feel sorry for the monster?:D

There's probably space to slot in my little romp with the sea-monster
(there's a couple of other, longer, poems on the Andromeda theme on that link)

Andromeda's Challenge
Come on boy, I’m stripped for you - skin against scales –​
We both know you’ll win, but I’ll put up a fight!​
You can delight in your dainty treat’s death-dance,​
My can-can to keep clear of your cruel Kraken-bite!​
If you lunge at my loins, lithe and lissom I’ll leap,​
With a hurl of my hips I’ll be no easy meat,​
Slick, sleek and slith’ry, I’ll slip through your slug-slime –​
Though bare and in bondage, I’m not ‘ready-to-eat’!​
Twisting and twirling, I’ll try hard to trick you –​
Tease you and tantalise. Enjoy your prey-play!​
Toss me in my tight irons! Taste me with your tongue-tip!​
Tear me with your talons – I can’t get away!​
Still I’ll skip and cavort as you snack on my leg-meat,​
As you relish my raw rump, I’ll wriggle and writhe -​
Sinuous and supple, I’ll squirm and I’ll struggle​
Till I’m crushed in your coils, while you eat me alive!​
Then, when I’m weary, you can gorge on my girl-parts,​
While you gnaw at my breasts there’ll be life in them yet!​
As I feel your your fangs finding their way through my sweet sex​
I’ll feed you a feast you won’t ever forget!​

Eulalia!!! What eroticism!!! Wonderful stuff!! Very sexual imagery here. I can be a bit dense sometimes, but I think the monster represents males in general. You "strip for us", "leap", "cavort", and "twist", all "sinuous and supple". We "delight", "lunge", "relish", "gnaw", as we find your sweet sex. I may be way off base here, but this is my interpretation. My cock tells me so!:D

Thanks Shevak!​
You could well be right, though I don't consciously think in terms of it "representing" anything -​
indeed, I don't want any knight in shining armour to fly down and spoil the fun,​
I want to meet and deal with my own monster!

There's a good selection of Andromedas, and interesting discussion of them, on​
(I notice one more full-frontal without the usual wisp of pubic veil,​
but it's only a thumbnail in a group of 6, don't know the artist)​
These two are my favourites, one by Joachim Wtewael,​
the other, that "inspired" Andromeda's Challenge by Gustave Dore:​
Wtewael_Andromeda.jpg Dore_Andromeda.jpg

Thanks Shevak!​
You could well be right, though I don't consciously think in terms of it "representing" anything -​
indeed, I don't want any knight in shining armour to fly down and spoil the fun,​
I want to meet and deal with my own monster!

There's a good selection of Andromedas, and interesting discussion of them, on​
(I notice one more full-frontal without the usual wisp of pubic veil,​
but it's only a thumbnail in a group of 6, don't know the artist)​
These two are my favourites, one by Joachim Wtewael,​
the other, that "inspired" Andromeda's Challenge by Gustave Dore:​
I'll be your monster then!!!!:D I never had such an appreciation for the Andromeda story before. Thanks!

Most of us have heard the term "Maiden Voayge" but many are not familiar with the origin of the term. Being a nut for sailing, I ran across this in an article years ago and had forgotten about it, but when it popped into my head the other day it seemed a natural for someone that loves sailing, beautiful women, and crucifixion. There are various stories dating to antiquity of virgins being sacrificed on the bow of a new boat as part of the christening, or girls being fastened to the bow of the boat and left to die as part of the christening. The Vikings are thought by some to be the originators of this tradition, but resorted merely pouring blood on the bow as they found better uses for their virgins!
In later times the figurehead of the boat was a harkening back to the days of using virgins to pacify the gods of the sea with the launching a new boat.

I had to do a few images to assuage this erotic bygone tradition. I didn't have any 3d models of Vikings or Norseboats, so I went down a little different path, but the idea is still the same.

I hope you all enjoy.
Compaired to her the Titanic was a pleasure cruse.

Most of us have heard the term "Maiden Voayge" but many are not familiar with the origin of the term. Being a nut for sailing, I ran across this in an article years ago and had forgotten about it, but when it popped into my head the other day it seemed a natural for someone that loves sailing, beautiful women, and crucifixion. There are various stories dating to antiquity of virgins being sacrificed on the bow of a new boat as part of the christening, or girls being fastened to the bow of the boat and left to die as part of the christening. The Vikings are thought by some to be the originators of this tradition, but resorted merely pouring blood on the bow as they found better uses for their virgins!
In later times the figurehead of the boat was a harkening back to the days of using virgins to pacify the gods of the sea with the launching a new boat.

I had to do a few images to assuage this erotic bygone tradition. I didn't have any 3d models of Vikings or Norseboats, so I went down a little different path, but the idea is still the same.

I hope you all enjoy.

GREAT WORK!
ARTIST BRIAN TARSIS DID SOMETHING SIMILAR.

FB-1.jpeg FB-2.jpeg FB-3.jpeg FB-4.jpeg FB-5.jpeg

FB-6.jpeg

Love this topic. I'm a huge water fetishist, as it gets that lovely tortured face on a girl without deforming her body the way whipping does. Thank you Eulalia for the poem.

For me, the first picture I ever saw of Andromeda is my always going to be my favorite. My mom got me a little children's book of Dragons when I was 11. Had a bunch of traditional dragons tales in it, including Bilboa vs Smaug and all that with illustrations. It also had the Perseus and Andromeda story, and in the picture, Andromeda is lying completely naked (with her genitals and nipples smoothed out, since this was a childrens book) her wrist and ankles chained to a rock she is spread eagled on, with waves crashing around her, with the monster in the distance and Perseus flying over her, but for some reason looking at the dragon. Oh nostalgia.

Anyways, this is one of my favorite pictures on Deviant art. Credit to http://gorean-art.deviantart.com/ for creating the image. Credit to me for advertising.

raiders_of_gor_by_gorean_art-d30d8lm.jpg

Love this topic. I'm a huge water fetishist, as it gets that lovely tortured face on a girl without deforming her body the way whipping does. Thank you Eulalia for the poem.

For me, the first picture I ever saw of Andromeda is my always going to be my favorite. My mom got me a little children's book of Dragons when I was 11. Had a bunch of traditional dragons tales in it, including Bilboa vs Smaug and all that with illustrations. It also had the Perseus and Andromeda story, and in the picture, Andromeda is lying completely naked (with her genitals and nipples smoothed out, since this was a childrens book) her wrist and ankles chained to a rock she is spread eagled on, with waves crashing around her, with the monster in the distance and Perseus flying over her, but for some reason looking at the dragon. Oh nostalgia.

Anyways, this is one of my favorite pictures on Deviant art. Credit to http://gorean-art.deviantart.com/ for creating the image. Credit to me for advertising.

raiders_of_gor_by_gorean_art-d30d8lm.jpg

Here is a video of something somewhat related. Its only at the start of the video.

http://www.hardsextube.com/video/977577/

Back
Top Bottom