My Beauty Girl Crucified

Go to CruxDreams.com
Strange, the Romans never had respect for others life or for condemned persons. This is Christian. Nudity is the sign of total dehumanization. It could be that Suetonius wrote this to psychologically mitigate his cruel words.

Strange, the Romans never had respect for others life or for condemned persons. This is Christian. Nudity is the sign of total dehumanization. It could be that Suetonius wrote this to psychologically mitigate his cruel words.
It was a joke (bikini, to 'explain' the drawings of the topic), I guess you have understood. And the reference a fake reference !
Crucified persons were entirely nude before their 'preparation': they were flogged nude then crucified nude too : all their clothes were sold to pay the executioners.
Christ included but it has been always censored, of course.

At one point, Roman society was almost prudish. Christians appealed to this morality by presenting themselves as sober, decent people, who were against the orgies and perceived excesses. Also, for exercise, I suspect even back in Roman times women had figured out that supporting the breasts might be more comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom