Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
A Priest was about to finish his tour of duty, and was leaving his Mission in the jungle where he has spent years teaching the natives in their language when he realizes that the one thing he never really taught them much was how to speak English.

So he takes the chief for a walk in the forest.

He points to a tree and says to the chief, "This is a tree."
The chief looks at the tree and grunts, "Tree."
The Priest is pleased with the response.

They walk a little further and he points to a rock and says, "This is a rock."
The chief looks and grunts, "Rock."
The Priest was really getting enthusiastic about the results when he hears a rustling in the bushes.

As they peek over the top, he sees a couple of natives in the midst of heavy sexual activity.
The Priest is really flustered and quickly says, "Man riding a bike."

The chief looks at the couple briefly, pulls out his blowpipe and kills them both.

The Priest goes ballistic and yells at the chief that he has spent years teaching the tribe how to be civilized and be kind to each other, so how could he kill these people in cold blood that way?

And the chief replied, “My bike"

A Priest was about to finish his tour of duty, and was leaving his Mission in the jungle where he has spent years teaching the natives in their language when he realizes that the one thing he never really taught them much was how to speak English.

So he takes the chief for a walk in the forest.

He points to a tree and says to the chief, "This is a tree."
The chief looks at the tree and grunts, "Tree."
The Priest is pleased with the response.

They walk a little further and he points to a rock and says, "This is a rock."
The chief looks and grunts, "Rock."
The Priest was really getting enthusiastic about the results when he hears a rustling in the bushes.

As they peek over the top, he sees a couple of natives in the midst of heavy sexual activity.
The Priest is really flustered and quickly says, "Man riding a bike."

The chief looks at the couple briefly, pulls out his blowpipe and kills them both.

The Priest goes ballistic and yells at the chief that he has spent years teaching the tribe how to be civilized and be kind to each other, so how could he kill these people in cold blood that way?

And the chief replied, “My bike"
:duke:

Jastrow, the first picture that popped into my mind was Courbet's The Artist's Studio. Just looked at it for the first time since the Bush 41 Administration, and never before now noticed the background figure on the left.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    41 KB · Views: 190
A doctor who had been seeing an 80-year-old woman for most of her life finally retired.

At her next check-up, the new young doctor told her to bring a list of all the medicines that had been prescribed for her. Looking through these, his eyes grew wide as he realized Grandma had a prescription for birth control pills.

"Mrs. Jones, do you realize these are birth control pills?"

"Yes, they help me sleep at night."

"Mrs. Jones, I assure you - there is absolutely nothing in these that could possibly help you sleep!"

She reached out, patted the young doctor's knee and said, "Yes, dear, I know that, but every morning, I grind one up and mix it in the glass of orange juice that my 18-year-old granddaughter drinks and believe me, it definitely helps me sleep at night."

A couple of Joan of Arc cartoons. I am only reposting these and am not responsible for the terrible puns.
The second is terribly funny for another reason. It reminds me to a story about the making of Ben Hur (1959). A production designer had put tomatos and red bell peppers in the set of the kitchen of Ben Hur's mother. A historical consult on the set remarked that these vegetables were unknown in the Roman Empire, since they came from America, only to be discovered some 1500 years later.:doh:

Joan of Arc was executed in 1431 (by the English), so potatos, from which French fries are made, were also stil unknown in Europe then. But the artist has (inadvertedly?) solved this problem by drawing Spanish soldiers of a century later.;)

The second is terribly funny for another reason. It reminds me to a story about the making of Ben Hur (1959). A production designer had put tomatos and red bell peppers in the set of the kitchen of Ben Hur's mother. A historical consult on the set remarked that these vegetables were unknown in the Roman Empire, since they came from America, only to be discovered some 1500 years later.:doh:

Joan of Arc was executed in 1431 (by the English), so potatos, from which French fries are made, were also stil unknown in Europe then. But the artist has (inadvertedly?) solved this problem by drawing Spanish soldiers of a century later.;)
Like I said; I am not responsible for the terrible pun...
...or for the fact that she's being burned on a pyre made of Pixy Sticks.
pixie.jpg
For non-Americans: Pixy Sticks are paper tubes filled with flavored sugar.
pixie_sticks_by_xxdevilsdarkangelxx.jpg

Back
Top Bottom