Now This Just Isn't Funny

Go to CruxDreams.com
wary of prophets peddling "hope"
Perhaps they peddle hope, because they have no real vision to offer.
It's probably always good to very much in doubt of any hope or vision that's connected only to the prophet...
...who promises that an imagined bygone will return, an unsustainable system collapsing on itself can be suddenly restored, a predicament resolved through his sheer will...

...but, of course, there are situations where inspiring hope can be instrumental in bringing about some 'vision' (even if nobody even had a clear vision at the time),
... a classic example might be the introduction of the new currency in the three Western occupation zones of postwar Germany 69 years and a few days ago ... for the success of a new currency after a collapse, it's essential for people to hope it'll be trustworthy -- that hope is necessary but of course not sufficient, it also needs to be built on viable fundamentals.

The same goes for investments in the future, whether it's the beginning of business rebuilding or hiring after a crash, or putting efforts into education and development for yourself, your children or your community -- it's of course built on the hope that they'll have benefits to reap from that effort. If the hope that such a benefit will arrive is undermined, the effort is much less likely to be made.

OS's comedy election piece is brilliant. I've seen it on Facebook, and had it sent to me, and it appeared in the New Yorker in early June.
http://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-book-of-jeremy-corbyn

There are a lot of voices crying in the wilderness these days.

Right, why am I here? Ah yes, this, completely off topic and unrelated.
sword_swallower_by_autumnprincess-dbbr1q1.jpg

Last edited:
OS's commedy election piece is brilliant. I've seen it on Facebook, and had it sent to me, and it appeared in the New Yorker in early June.

Thanks for giving it's history phlebas, it was sent to me by friend who seems in touch with all things topical, I was a bit surprised people were congratulating me as if I wrote it, wondering whether to confess but your above prodded me into it.

Berlin police taken off G20 duty after party involving public sex and urination

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...t-public-sex-urination?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Berlin’s police department said their officers were “only human” after they were expelled from the security force for next week’s G20 summit for partying.

About 220 officers from Berlin were released from duty by the Hamburg authorities for the 7-8 July summit in the city after they threw a wild party that involved public sex, brawling, urinating in a group and a bathrobe-clad officer strip-dancing with her service weapon.

Pp reckons that nothing ever really happened unless there are photographs to prove it! :D Does anyone have any pics? Especially of said bathrobe-clad officer strip-dancing with her service weapon :devil:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...t-public-sex-urination?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Berlin’s police department said their officers were “only human” after they were expelled from the security force for next week’s G20 summit for partying.

About 220 officers from Berlin were released from duty by the Hamburg authorities for the 7-8 July summit in the city after they threw a wild party that involved public sex, brawling, urinating in a group and a bathrobe-clad officer strip-dancing with her service weapon.

Pp reckons that nothing ever really happened unless there are photographs to prove it! :D Does anyone have any pics? Especially of said bathrobe-clad officer strip-dancing with her service weapon :devil:

striptease-dinner-amsterdam-3093b.jpg No bathrobe, but lots of red ...

Madiosi 2017-189-Hamburg scandal.jpg

Back
Top Bottom