Poll: How Much Pain?

What level of pain turns you on the most?

• No pain - I just like the fantasy

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Play-acting, but not painful

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Mild pain - nothing I'll remember the next moment

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Moderate pain - unpleasant, but not too bad

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Intense pain, but within limits

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Real torture - I would honestly enjoy the full horrors of a Roman crucifixion with nails

Votes: 43 51.2%

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
J

Juan1234

Hello - This is a question mostly for the ladies, I think. :) I see a lot written about finding pleasure in pain, and I can't relate. When I fantasize about crucifying women, I don't imagine them enjoying it at all. It's torture and humiliation. So I'm wondering how true it is that many on the forum actually enjoy pain in reality, and if true, how much pain are they talking about? It's easier for me to imagine that women are just turned on by the exposure and humiliation of the process than by the actual pain. But maybe I'm wrong? Fascinated to see your responses. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I answered 'real torture'.... but I know that would be somewhat limiting (if taken to the inevitable consequence), so I would also vote, depending on my mood and the 'offer' for both 'moderate' and 'intense', probably with a predilection for the latter... But then again fantasy can be fun too! I think that's why I write my silly stories!

Well, when I dislocated my shoulder, I can't say I was particularly turned on, but it really hurt a great deal.
I assume that if a woman truly enjoys pain in a sexual way, it probably has to be pain intentionally inflicted by another person? (Correct me if I'm wrong, Ladies...) Is it true that even true masochists would not enjoy accidentally dislocating their shoulders?

So, I answered 'real torture'.... but I know that would be somewhat limiting (if taken to the inevitable consequence), so I would also vote, depending on my mood and the 'offer' for both 'moderate' and 'intense', probably with a predilection for the latter... But then again fantasy can be fun too! I think that's why I write my silly stories!

I have to agree with PK on this. I chose 'real torture" too. I was thinking, though, of my fantasies when I checked the "real torture" option ... that is to say I am able to experience erotic stimulation in imaging myself subjected to the agonies of crucifixion. In that sense it is "pleasurable" I guess. In real life I can't stand physical pain at all. On the other hand, it's the exposure and humiliation of the process that I really find most stimulating.

I have to agree with PK on this. I chose 'real torture" too. I was thinking, though, of my fantasies when I checked the "real torture" option ... that is to say I am able to experience erotic stimulation in imaging myself subjected to the agonies of crucifixion. In that sense it is "pleasurable" I guess. In real life I can't stand physical pain at all. On the other hand, it's the exposure and humiliation of the process that I really find most stimulating.
Yeah, that makes sense to me. I was wondering about how you feel about REAL LIFE PAIN. So really, you would be option 1 or 2? I assume most of those on the forum like th FANTASY of real, full-out torture.

I was wondering about how you feel about REAL LIFE PAIN.

For watching something in real life, I agree with Barb, there has to be ritual and humiliation. I think I could watch a pretty severe flogging like I describe in my stories. But anything that would cause lasting harm beyond superficial scars would sicken me.

As for experiencing myself, I have never done anything like that in real life, but I think I would be up to trying it, again as long as there were guaranteed to be no long-lasting effects (beyond a week or so of aches or the like). I would be scared as hell, but also intrigued. Probably would nix a Round 2 after suffering Round 1.

Does that make sense to people?

For watching something in real life, I agree with Barb, there has to be ritual and humiliation. I think I could watch a pretty severe flogging like I describe in my stories. But anything that would cause lasting harm beyond superficial scars would sicken me.

As for experiencing myself, I have never done anything like that in real life, but I think I would be up to trying it, again as long as there were guaranteed to be no long-lasting effects (beyond a week or so of aches or the like). I would be scared as hell, but also intrigued. Probably would nix a Round 2 after suffering Round 1.

Does that make sense to people?

Yes, and I am a strong advocate of what you suggested as avoiding lasting harm ... I don't like mutilation ... torture that causes pain and discomfort is of course entirely normal and expected, even leaving marks and drawing some blood is fine ... but don't totally and mindlessly destroy my body before I even get to the cross.

Hum, it's always the problem here : who is speaking about Fantasy, who is speaking about Reality ?

In fantazy, all can be imaginated , even the worst, that I do in my stories ... Why could we have limits in this domain ?

In reality and from my experiment, I love to be whipped but with only red marks (no blood and no injuries) ...I also like the crucifixion but obviously with ropes which is causing a pain but relatively bearable ...

In BDSM, it's mostly the brain which is working and I'm always astonished how some women could support harsh whipping or tortures : if the sufferings are too much hard, I think that the pleasure cant come and I tell that for having experimented ...
Now, all the tastes are in the nature ...:devil:

Hum, it's always the problem here : who is speaking about Fantasy, who is speaking about Reality ?

In fantazy, all can be imaginated , even the worst, that I do in my stories ... Why could we have limits in this domain ?

In reality and from my experiment, I love to be whipped but with only red marks (no blood and no injuries) ...I also like the crucifixion but obviously with ropes which is causing a pain but relatively bearable ...

In BDSM, it's mostly the brain which is working and I'm always astonished how some women could support harsh whipping or tortures : if the sufferings are too much hard, I think that the pleasure cant come and I tell that for having experimented ...
Now, all the tastes are in the nature ...:devil:
To the voice of experience I defer. Messa knows of what she says. Fantasy and reality are not the same. To each their own.

I voted real torture. In my opinion it must be always a game on the edge. An edge where Fantasy comes true in a enjoyable way but with a possible consequence to get horrible. With all what we do of fantasy in real must not finish in the ultimate end at first. But with the continueing of that Kind of game is, that when the desire of one or both wakes up, it will definitiv leave the Comfort Zone of playing and becomes real torture and more.

Last edited:
I'll go for intense pain, but within limits. I have no desire to be nailed, none at all. A good whipping, maybe some rape, and a crucifixion with ropes. but I do want to come down more or less intact.

Yeah, that makes sense to me. I was wondering about how you feel about REAL LIFE PAIN. So really, you would be option 1 or 2? I assume most of those on the forum like th FANTASY of real, full-out torture.
If your trying to gauge opinion I would say most people into this stuff and by stuff I mean (hardcore bdsm, sexual torture, execution, humiliation, snuff) and the like would say yes to real torture along with procedure and humiliation and rituals if it's a fantasy. But everyone one even the most cra' cra' of enthusiast's would choose option 1-4 in a real setting. If they don't they are either super turned on and lying to themselves, or have genuine issues. I really feel it would be impossible to enjoy real torture. (Even if we wish we could! :) )

Last edited:
how you feel about REAL LIFE PAIN
I picked 'moderate pain'.

The truth is probably, moderate pain with just those small excursions, border-crossings, into intense.
Moderate pain would be something like having hot wax dripped on me, something that just feels good while it does hurt. Otherwise if we're talking of a kind of pain that's undesirable, accidental, etc - 'moderate' would be the kind that's still manageable.
Intense pain I'd say would be something that's not manageable. Where my consciousness gives out and it's just the pain and there's absolutely nothing to do about it. And yes, for moments, I do desire that at the same time fearing it, but I don't think continuous extreme pain of any kind would be arousing for me, and so for sure, I don't think in reality I'd find that in being nailed to a cross...
(though it's never possible to know for sure..., and we can expore all that in fantasy)
It might sound a bit ridiculous but I need a certain kind of... relaxation... to go on with that. Like a safer level to retreat to before things get intense for a moment again. That means really hard suspension isn't my thing; and in my experiments with crux I always had a footrest.
And it isn't just about pain...

For me it's somewhere between mild and moderate pain. I voted mild but I've been known to go up to moderate from time to time, but nothing too intense. For me it's an addition to a healthy, active sex life, and the golden rule is to make it fun. Really rough torture can occasionally be erotic to watch, but not to participate in (not for me, anyway)

Back
Top Bottom