Raising the Cross - Which Way?

Which method of Crucifixion arouses the sense more?

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com

_CADRE_

Magistrate
I've always wondered which method is preferred? Laying down the entire cross, and then nailing the wrists and feet before the cross and condemned are pushed upwards? Or do others prefer nailing the wrists first, and then hoisting up the crossbeam while the condemned hangs?

I've attached two renders, and my preferred method is obvious, though I'm curious what others think.

Attachments

• Crux 21.png
    Crux 21.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 3,650
  • C8.png
    C8.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 3,745
I've always wondered which method is preferred? Laying down the entire cross, and then nailing the wrists and feet before the cross and condemned are pushed upwards? Or do others prefer nailing the wrists first, and then hoisting up the crossbeam while the condemned hangs?

I've attached two renders, and my preferred method is obvious, though I'm curious what others think.

I voted 2 for two reasons:

• I find the last attempt to scrabble for support with the legs and feet very erotic
  • Having erected a few fences, I'd make a better job of securing an empty stipes than one containing a squirming body

For 'artist' purposes I prefer the condemned nailed to the complete cross and raised. For practicality I agree with Old Slave.

I see the merit in Old Slave's choice, but I prefer to be laid out on the cross while it still lies on the ground, and for my wrists and feet to be methodically bound and nailed while I buck, writhe and scream with each hammer blow ... and then to be raised after my loincloth is ripped away ... sliding with gravity downward on the rough surface of the stipe, and then thrown wildly about like a rag doll on the impact of the stipe falling to the bottom of the hole. That's a sequence of terror, pain, humiliation and helplessness that is difficult to beat.

I see the merit in Old Slave's choice, but I prefer to be laid out on the cross while it still lies on the ground, and for my wrists and feet to be methodically bound and nailed while I buck, writhe and scream with each hammer blow ... and then to be raised after my loincloth is ripped away ... sliding with gravity downward on the rough surface of the stipe, and then thrown wildly about like a rag doll on the impact of the stipe falling to the bottom of the hole. That's a sequence of terror, pain, humiliation and helplessness that is difficult to beat.
She does it so well...
lac crux 009.jpg

I agree that it may be seen as more of a 'dance' when all limbs are pierced before the cross is raised, while the latter method could be seen more as a 'struggle' as her legs flail around while she is raised. But I like to think from the perspective of the executioners. I'm sure in Roman times they had some sort of permanently erected crud stipes or beams that were empty when there were no criminals to crucify. But If multiple criminals needed to be punished, then they had the stipes or beams just laying in wait to receive their victim.

It is a discussion between 'arousal' (the premise of the poll) and practical. Concerning the practical aspect, I think the second method could be easier to carry out, assuming the stipes was not that high, so no movable hoisting equipment would be needed (and put in place over difficult and rough ground). Keep the stipes low and bend the condemned's legs so that the toes just touch the grass. Righting up a cross form the ground, with the condemned on it, could be mecahnically more elaborate, since some extra length had to be foreseen to put the stipes into the ground for stability.

But for arousal and crux fantasy, both methods have their own merits.

In my story 'The Breaking of Faith', a brave young woman gets put through hard trials by the Templars
including hanging on a cross for a day - but that's only to test her resolution to serve them!

http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/resources/the-breaking-of-faith-by-eulalia.433/

Yeah, yourstory is at least doesn’t forget 110 years of history, like my own scenario for Cadre's render. There were no Templars at the siege of Jerusalem. The history geek within just remembered that the order wasn’t founded until 1119.

Back
Top Bottom