The Crowd And The Arrival

Go to CruxDreams.com
J

Juan1234

To me, one of the most important aspects of a crucifixion scene is the crowd watching the process. I love the moment when the victim arrives at the place of execution, preferably clothed, at least from the waist down, and has to stand before the crowd and wait while the soldiers make preparations. All eyes are on her, and she can only wait with terrible anticipation. Then maybe the best moment of all is when the soldiers finish what they were doing and all look at her, and she knows it's time. They tell her to strip. Slowly and tearfully, she undresses, until she is naked, covering her breasts and her crotch with her hands and an arm. Then she is ordered to lie down and be nailed to her cross. I love the procedural nature of it. To the soldiers, it is a task. I wish there were more artwork showing these aspects.

Yes, I would like that too, but I also think there's something really erotic about her being forced to participate in the spectacle of her own death. And she is utterly powerless to refuse. She's lost her will to resist, and she knows it would only make things worse both for her and her family.

Again, for me the most important thing is that it is in front of a large audience, and it is done in a cold, procedural way. There's no negotiating or stalling. There's a task to be done. Even rape - if you like the mandatory rape before execution reportedly required by Roman law, I think it should be a procedural thing. "Ok, next step - on your hands and knees, stick your butt up. Hey, can we get somebody to rape this one? I need to finish getting the platibulum ready. Thanks. When you're done, bring her over and we'll get her nailed."

Does anyone know of any good artwork that emphasizes 1) the crowd, 2) the wait, 3) the stripping?

Does anyone know of any good artwork that emphasizes 1) the crowd, 2) the wait, 3) the stripping?

Most crux artwork has the subject carrying her cross, and arriving at the place of crucifixion, naked, Juan.

Like you, I prefer them stripped immediately before they are crucified.

One of the best that follows that theme is Steve Cordero's Petra series:

01 procession.jpg 02 fallen.jpg 03 Golgotha1.jpg 04 Golgotha2.jpg 05 stripped.jpg 06 last_fight.jpg 07 nailing.jpg 08 hoisted losing loincloth.jpg 09 feet_nailing.jpg 10 crucified1.jpg

To me, one of the most important aspects of a crucifixion scene is the crowd watching the process. I love the moment when the victim arrives at the place of execution, preferably clothed, at least from the waist down, and has to stand before the crowd and wait while the soldiers make preparations. All eyes are on her, and she can only wait with terrible anticipation. Then maybe the best moment of all is when the soldiers finish what they were doing and all look at her, and she knows it's time. They tell her to strip. Slowly and tearfully, she undresses, until she is naked, covering her breasts and her crotch with her hands and an arm. Then she is ordered to lie down and be nailed to her cross. I love the procedural nature of it. To the soldiers, it is a task. I wish there were more artwork showing these aspects.

I very much agree with you, Juan -
that I, as my last act before I'm crucified,
obey the command to strip myself,
is the final demonstration of my complete humiliation
and submission to my fate.

Most crux artwork has the subject carrying her cross, and arriving at the place of crucifixion, naked, Juan.

Like you, I prefer them stripped immediately before they are crucified.

One of the best that follows that theme is Steve Cordero's Petra series:

View attachment 332360 View attachment 332359 View attachment 332358 View attachment 332357 View attachment 332356 View attachment 332355 View attachment 332354 View attachment 332353 View attachment 332352 View attachment 332351
Wow - thanks!

I have noted this before as well. There is a lot to be said for playing up the procedural points - the anticipation, stripping, lying down, nailing. These have so much potential for artistic and sensual/erotic impact.

Exactly. I also feel like the crowd is so often absent. And if there is an audience, they almost seem incidental, versus having a real connection between the crowd and the condemned. She should be VERY conscious of them, andaware that all eyes are on her. I think it would be really erotic to have a scene of her nevously undressing in front of the crowd, looking up and seeing them staring at her, while a soldier reads out her sentence and others get the platibulum ready (tying ropes, whatever).

Exactly. I also feel like the crowd is so often absent. And if there is an audience, they almost seem incidental, versus having a real connection between the crowd and the condemned. She should be VERY conscious of them, andaware that all eyes are on her. I think it would be really erotic to have a scene of her nevously undressing in front of the crowd, looking up and seeing them staring at her, while a soldier reads out her sentence and others get the platibulum ready (tying ropes, whatever).
surprise me pleasantly:devil:

Thanks for posting Juan ... you have captured some of the salient points of my own personal crucifixion fantasy so well!!

I agree that its the procedural points ... often far more so for me than the act of dying in the end ... that truly excite and arouse. And having it all play out before a crowd, composed not just of jeering strangers, but perhaps sprinkled with friends and family too, looms large in my imagination as I see myself accused (whether fairly or unjustly), tried quickly and without representation, scourged at the post, driven by the lash past crowds of onlookers to the hill, stripped there of what little I have left to wear, forced to sit (rape optional), then lie on my cross, as my arms are stretched out and my wrists bound to patibulum and ankles bound together in preparation for the nailing, waiting in terror as the points of the nails are positioned and then brutally driven home pinning me like a prize butterfly to the engine of my death, and finally the pain and terror of being raised, bounced about as the stipe hits the bottom of the hole and is secured in place, and climaxed by being left to dance that awful naked dance, shamefully exposed, panicked, arching out away from the wood, writhing and squirming to exhaustion before the fascinated attentions of the crowd.

And yes, the loss of my last shred of clothing, whether forcibly and violently or in compliance with the order to strip, is a huge moment, combining so many possible emotions, such as humiliation, shame, helplessness, horror, resignation, fear, etc.

Thanks too to Wragg for reminding us of the great Petra series. Jedakk's work too, captures the procedural points so well.

She should be VERY conscious of them, and aware that all eyes are on her. I think it would be really erotic to have a scene of her nevously undressing in front of the crowd, looking up and seeing them staring at her
I wish there were more artwork showing these aspects.
Let's both hope for more, shall we? ;)
Obey the command to strip myself, is the final demonstration of my complete humiliation and submission to my fate.
CFR 23.jpg

Yes, that one captures the moment well ... I can just feel my sense of humiliation and shame, and the things running through my mind ... should I comply? .... what if I don't? ... what will they think? .... so many eyes fixed on me ... is this a dream? ... no, it's real. Alright, I will strip.

Yes, that one captures the moment well ... I can just feel my sense of humiliation and shame, and the things running through my mind ... should I comply? .... what if I don't? ... what will they think? .... so many eyes fixed on me ... is this a dream? ... no, it's real. Alright, I will strip.
shut up do it......................................NOW!

View attachment 332362 View attachment 332361

Last two.

Hope that starts to answer the question. Let's both hope for more, shall we? ;)
I think I'd have left the loin cloth on her until after her feet were nailed... for my own protection...
Picture having this happening in modern times and in addition to the gathered crowd there are cameras from the Crux Forums News Network capturing you stripping...
strip 007.jpg

T

That's a great image. Now I want to see three or four more, showing the process as she takes her clothes off. To me, having seen her clothed makes her seem that much more exposed when finally she's naked. If she's naked from the start, I get used to it, like her nudity is just a part of her, and she's comfortable with it. But if she's a woman like all the other fully clothed women around, then it adds a shock and vulnerability to it when she strips. Am I the only one that feels that way?

Back
Top Bottom