The Disappearance Of Princess Cordelia

Go to CruxDreams.com
Ascaron flashed brilliantly in the morning sunlight as Vulcan attempted to throw a bolt at Pilus, then he stared in horror at his severed right arm. “That’s not a normal sword!” he screamed, knowing that ordinary steel could no way have hurt him. He screamed a spell, and a new right hand appeared, just at the moment that Pilus had thought it was going to be too easy.

“No!” yelled Pilus, fighting for his life, “it is the Sword of Ascaron, and I’m Prince Pilus! Time has run out, Vulcan!

Pilus saw a tiny flicker of fear and doubt in Vulcan’s eyes, as the two of them clashed. Pilus found himself driven backwards, but parried every cut and thrust from Vulcan. He cried out as Vulcan just nicked his arm, and the next stroke from Vulcan missed his neck by the breadth of a hair as he leapt backwards to dodge it.

Pilus found himself burning with hatred towards Vulcan. He screamed in fury as he launched a frenzied attack upon him. Paul was sure he was going to be killed in his hot temper, but once again Ascaron found its mark, and Pilus barely felt any resistance as, for the second time, it swept through bone and muscle, and Vulcan’s sword fell to the ground, still clutched by his severed hand.

This time Pilus gave him no quarter. The spell died on Vulcan’s lips as his head bounced onto the grass.

“His heart, Pilus!” yelled Paul, “You must pierce his heart!”

“BAAAAASSSTAAAARD!” yelled Pilus, as he thrust Ascaron deep into Vulcan’s chest, impaling his body into the ground.
Now this little battle got Pp's heart rate quite as elevated as it did when Dorothy had her way with young Pilus.

“Lord Vulcan is dead!” the news raced through both armies like wildfire. The field of battle was littered with Draen dead, and the few survivors not cut off by the elves disappeared into the Forest of Draen.

Pilus stood over the dead body of Vulcan, still not believing he could really be dead, and not really believing that he, Pilus, had killed him.

“Pilus, I saw it all, you were magnificent!” Shevak dismounted from his horse and hugged Pilus.

“It wasn’t me, it was the sword,” said Pilus, modestly.

“Pilus!” admonished Paul, “you have just killed the strongest, most evil man in the world. He could still easily have killed you. All that sword did was make him vulnerable to a wound, whereas a normal sword would not have hurt him any more than the thousand or so arrows which hit him earlier hurt him. “

Pilus looked at Paul with a worried expression in his eyes. “Will he, you know, stay dead?” he asked, “only so many strange things have been happening that I can’t be sure of anything!”

“His heart has been pierced by the sword of Ascaron. That will have sent his soul deep into the pit of hell. Don’t you worry, we’ve heard the last of Lord Vulcan!”

For those few moments of victory Pilus felt great, but then the memory of seven crosses in Castle Tarant came back to him. “We have to get to Castle Tarant! We have to save Cordelia!”

Paul cleared his throat. “This has worked once for me this morning. Let me try it again….”

“A flying horse! A flying horse! My Kingdom for a flying horse!”

Could anyone be surprised when, moments later, three flying horses landed on the field of battle behind them?

Paul and Dorothy took the first horse, Pilus and Shevak the next, and Wragg clambered onto the last one, not at all sure that he was doing the right thing, but desperate to get to the castle to save Elise.

The three horses took off, and headed north in a loose V formation. Wragg gazed down in wonder at the Silver River. Even the mighty Mount Jedakk looked small from up here! Then he recognised South Hagen and Ystragarth. They headed up over the Northern Forest, there was Solithage on the left, Alfheim below. Look! There were the magnificent Makar falls, the waters of the Silver River rising in a fine spray above them. There, ahead, were the Northern Mountains, with Mount Taryn in the centre, Mount De Mullotto to the right, There, to the left was Mount Inge Tarant, and then he saw Castle Tarant, looking like a beautiful fairy castle at this distance, Wragg’s eye being as yet unable to discern the horror that still lurked within the walls of its courtyard.

Soon enough, though, Paul brought his horse down, and the other horses meekly followed. The courtyard stank of fresh blood and faeces, and Wragg gazed in horrified awe at the seven women, all of whom he knew, who were screaming and writhing in their ongoing battle with their crosses.

“Vulcan’s dead!” cried Price Pilus, “We’ve come to save you all!”

Wragg dismounted and raced over to Elise. “Oh my God! Elise! What have they done to you?” Then he realised that the castle was under the control of Elven Warriors. ”Why in God’s name haven’t you got them down?”

“We can’t!” stated Erin.

“Well, maybe you can now,” said Pilus, confidently. “I just killed Vulcan!”

Barbaria raised her head at this, and actually smiled. Then her face broke up into a grimace as another wave of agony broke over her. She screamed, and Pilus’ blood ran cold.

“Come on, Paul!” he cried, running to Cordelia’s cross. He’d never seen her naked before, and he was rather embarrassed. He grunted as he pulled at the immobile cross. “Help me get her down!” Still it would not move!

But Paul stood rooted to the spot. Something was very wrong. There was still evil in this courtyard. Even the death of Vulcan hadn’t broken the spell. He crossed quickly over to Eulalia. “Eulalia, what spell has he used?”

Eulalia’s breathing was shallow and laboured, and he hadn’t the breath to answer. Then she screwed her eyes up tight, and, with a herculean effort, forced herself up the cross to take a breath. A deep, rasping, tortured gasp, then she said one word.

“Valdauoans.“

“Valdauoans?” whispered Paul, aghast, “Oh, God, no! NOOO! Oh, Eulalia, my sweet Eulalia, who?”

She answered, as he knew she would, “Me.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOO!!AAAAHHH!! EULALIA!!! NO! NO, NO, NO, NO NOOOOOO!”

He collapsed against the foot of her cross, sobbing, deep wracking sobs of grief. For five minutes he was inconsolable, and Eulalia’s tears dropped onto the back of his head as he wept.

The others knew that something was terribly wrong, but not one of them understood exactly what was the matter. Eventually Shevak said, “Paul, I’m sorry, please tell us what’s up?”

Paul turned red rimmed eyes upon Shevak. “Valdauoans. The Choice of Death. Either six die and one lives, or one dies and six live.”

Shevak caught on. “And the one is Eulalia.”

“Oh my God, no!” said Wragg, as the awful realisation hit him “Paul! You can’t let Eulalia die! She’s been your one true love for over a thousand years!”

Paul didn’t answer, but clung to Eulalia’s body, and wept.

“Come on,” urged Erin, sensitive to the needs of Paul and Eulalia, “we need to give them some privacy!” She ushered everyone out of the courtyard, just leaving Paul and Eulalia and the six other crucified women. Even Elise was utterly silent.

We shall never know what passed between Eulalia and Paul in those final minutes. In fact, only Barbaria and Siss, on the adjacent crosses, really heard it all, but though they both lived well into their eighties, neither ever breathed a word to another living soul.

But Wragg, to the end of his own life, never forgot the anguished, soul-tearing cry that came from Paul as Eulalia’s heart stopped beating.

He and Erin led the way back into the courtyard. All the women were weeping save Eulalia, whose lifeless body hung from those four merciless spikes. A golden eagle was perched on the top of Eulalia’s cross. He stayed for a moment, looking around at the ashen faced Wragg and the others, then he spread his wings so that they were outstretched above Eulalia’s arms. Those great wings began to beat, and the eagle that was Merlin soared over their heads, and rose into the sky.

Wragg stood and watched Merlin until he was lost to sight behind the column of smoke still rising high above Heidraen. Lost to sight, and lost to history, for no-one has heard of him or seen him since that day.

THE END

Paul and Dorothy took the first horse, Pilus and Shevak the next, and Wragg clambered onto the last one, not at all sure that he was doing the right thing, but desperate to get to the castle to save Elise.
Pp thought to ask Paul if Pilus could ride with Dorothy but, in view of the pathos of what followed, he says no more.

Wonderful, enchanting story Wragg. Royalty, sex, even some sport that all stories must have but, under it all, humour, drama and tragedy.

There, gentle reader, we must leave the land of Aestria with its mighty cities, towering mountains, and its Silver River. The concept of an enchanted kingdom is inspired by the names that you choose for yourselves on these forums. Where would this tale be without Shevak, Roxie, Eulalia, Naraku, Pilus, Arby, Erin, and, of course, Queen over all - Barbaria? The love between Barbaria and Siss, the input from Quiet Paul, these are the raw materials of a story like this. Not forgetting that it was Quooms images that kickstarted the whole thing.

To those of you who've stuck with the Silver River and read all 65,857 words since Princess Roxandra first rode out of Ystragarth in search of her lost sister Taranthala last June, I think you're mad, but thank you, at all times I've had positive feedback and encouragement, and any of the people that publish on here will agree that comment and feedback is meat and drink to us. Very often the stories change in response to this feedback, and if I look back at my original plot plan it bears no relation to what actually was written.

Roxie wrote a whole section last year as part of The Encounters of Princess Blaire telling of her night of passion with Blaire in the Rattington Arms, so it hasn't been all my own work.

Barb and Siss have been crucified twice (and got away with it both times), Sciuridan, Hengentre (Hanging Tree) Messaline, Vulcan, and now, of course, poor Eulalia have all given their lives for the well being of Aestria, and there has been rather a lot of blood spilt. Sorry!

What can I say except thank you!

upload_2015-4-12_1-8-33.png

Last edited:
There, gentle reader, we must leave the land of Aestria with its mighty cities, towering mountains, and its Silver River. The concept of an enchanted kingdom is inspired by the names that you choose for yourselves on these forums. Where would this tale be without Shevak, Roxie, Eulalia, Naraku, Pilus, Arby, Erin, and, of course, Queen over all - Barbaria? The love between Barbaria and Siss, the input from Quiet Paul, these are the raw materials of a story like this. Not forgetting that it was Quooms images that kickstarted the whole thing.

To those of you who've stuck with the Silver River and read all 65,857 words since Princess Roxandra first rode out of Ystragarth in search of her lost sister Taranthala last June, I think you're mad, but thank you, at all times I've had positive feedback and encouragement, and any of the people that publish on here will agree that comment and feedback is meat and drink to us. Very often the stories change in response to this feedback, and if I look back at my original plot plan it bears no relation to what actually was written.

Roxie wrote a whole section last year as part of The Encounters of Princess Blaire telling of her night of passion with Blaire in the Rattington Arms, so it hasn't been all my own work.

Barb and Siss have been crucified twice (and got away with it both times), Sciuridan, Hengentre (Hanging Tree) Messaline, Vulcan, and now, of course, poor Eulalia have all given their lives for the well being of Aestria, and there has been rather a lot of blood spilt. Sorry!

View attachment 216972
Brylyunt Wragg. Pp knocksthatopova frosty one tooya.:beer:

View attachment 216972

And we all thank you....such fun and chills and thrills....well done Wragg!!!!!!!:goodjob:

My torture chamber will be up and running in a few days in my new camp and I got a few people to deal with ha ha ha

this does not sound good for Barb!!

Trouble is, RB, he'd got me in there too, between Barb and Pkin :eek:

That'll teach me to kill him off in my stories :doh:

Back
Top Bottom