The Girl With No Name

Go to CruxDreams.com
Arm in arm we walked on. Soon we entered the forest, here the soil was wonderfully soft, it caressed our bare feet. With a shudder, I remembered that I had to return to the concrete and tarmac desert after the holidays. In the city I did not want to run barefoot.

After a few minutes Dorothea stopped, "I'm can’t get that caning out of my head!" She looked at me again, there was that gleam in her eyes, she grabbed my arm, "Come, Lisette." With gentle force she pulled me away from the forest path and led me through the mixed woodland to a dense copse, in the middle stood a tree with low branches. She took off her backpack, "I can’t just walk through the forest any more, cousin, I need to give you that feeling in your butt again." She looked around. "Unfortunately, I haven’t got it, just ropes. Hm ...." She broke a rod off one of the surrounding coppice-stocks. "That'll do fine!" She stripped the leaves off and was left with a good, metre-long, finger-thick, flexible stick, as she proved by whizzing it through the air.

"This is first-class!"

"You want to cane my butt again?" I asked in a squeaky voice, "but that would be a second dose of beating!"

"You're going up twice a day on the cross -" my cousin countered, her eyes flashing, "at least, provisionally…"

I was shocked, why had she said that? "For the time being, Doro .... ?"

"No," she cut me off, "I'm not bored and I'm not going to lose interest in tying you up. It's simple, Thusnelda, eventually there won’t be enough time while Mum’s out at work, not enough for crucifying you twice. She leaves in the morning just after seven, in the evening she’s home soon after six. If you do four or five hours, you can only do it once a day." A shiver ran down my spine. Four hours? Five? Five whole hours on the cross! What an idea!

"On the other hand there’ll be more time for other treatments," she continued, "cross through the morning, at noon the whip…" she pursed her lips, "of course, there are also limits things like that.... even I can’t go on spanking you all the afternoon. Well .... what shall we do?" To that I had no answer, although it seemed to me that Doro was expecting one.

"What the hell?" she said. She took three cords from her backpack and looked at the low-hanging branches of the tree. "This one’s just right." She rolled a small stone block under the bough, "Since you've asked for it, but get your kit off first."

I froze. "Strip?"

"Tell me, am I speaking Spanish?" asked Dorothea raising her eyebrows, "That was clear, intelligible German, Thusnelda"

"Don’t call me that!"

"Then get undressed."

I looked around. The copse where we were seemed to be dense enough, and we were a good distance from the nearest forest track. On the other hand, I have very pale skin, even in summer I’m never really brown. Suppose someone saw my naked skin gleaming through gaps in the bushes?

"If you don’t strip immediately, you may have no more visits to the cross," Dorothea said coldly.

"You cannot do that," I cried indignantly, 'you promised!"

"Do you have a contract?" she asked mischievously, "Before which court do you wish to complain? Your Honour, Madam Chairman, my cousin refuses to crucify me. Complaint allowed, but you get a year on probation!"

"All right." I unbuttoned my blouse, took everything off, down to the buff. Actually I had pretty little on me to take off - no shoes, no slip, no bra, no panties. Yet these two pieces of cloth made so much difference! Having to give them up was hard, but simultaneously it excited me, two feelings fought in me against each other.

"Stretch out your hands," commanded Dorothea, "straight in front so I can tie your wrists separately.” I obeyed. round each wrist she made five turns and a knot behind each hand. "Now up on the stone!" I climbed onto the stone, I could balance on it quite well. I had to stretch my arms over my head, just shoulder-width apart I held them against the branch, one that was growing horizontally from the tree, palms forward, the bark behind my wrists. Dorothea tied around the branch with the loose ends of cord and made knots. Then she got down on her knees and tied my ankles together with a third cord. As usual, she pulled the cord once through between my ankles.

"Lift your legs up!" she ordered, I did what she wanted, she rolled the stone block to the side. "Feet down, Lisette." I lowered my legs. Now I was hanging by my wrists, my feet didn’t quite reach the ground, I could just stand on my toes and toe-pads. It was uncomfortable and not easy to bear - how long would Doro leave me hanging like that? For now, I loved it.

"Just right," declared my cousin. She took her home-made rod and showed it to me. "It’s not as sharp as a whip, but it's a little teaser for you - you need have no fear. But it is quite… beautiful. Believe me, it's important that you don’t scream, Lisette. We’re in the woods. if people hear you screaming, they’ll come to see who’s yodelling in the forest - you don’t want that to happen, eh? For them to see you hanging naked on this tree? "

I shook my head. Goddess, no!

"You'll just have to grit your teeth, Lisette."

Dorothea began to circle me slowly. I stiffened in my bonds in anticipation of the first blow. Only too well did I remember the whipping with cat o’ nine tails. Not screaming? That’s all very well, how am I supposed to suppress the screams?

"Maybe you should gag me," I suggested.

"Good idea," Doro said. "Unfortunately, I haven’t brought your gag and we haven’t got anything to improvise with." She patted me affectionately, "I'll remember that, Lisette, in future, your gag will always in be the pack when we go out, promise." She let the rod stroke down my back, I writhed and drew in a sharp breath. She ran it across my bum – they still hurt a bit. Then down the backs of my legs, I felt goose-bumps and wriggled myself a little in
my bonds. Several times my buttocks clenched involuntarily, just as they’ll do when…
Thanks Eulalia. Pp has a vivid image of Lisette's body hanging stretched from her wrists and those 5 turns of rope. That should leave a lovely basket weave pattern on her pale skin.

it came - but not on my bum, the first blow came unexpectedly and hit my calves. I winced and gave a startled yelp. There hadn’t been much warning whirring, this rod was a sneaky snake! The pain it caused was short and sharp, after the stroke it spread slowly and bit deep. Doro beat me like that repeatedly, again on my calves, I tugged up on the wrist-bonds, gasping – that hurt! Another blow .... and another, three in a row. I tried to twist to get my legs out of target, this was of course futile. I probably presented an interesting picture, performing gymnastic exercises in the nude, hanging from the branch.

Thighs! Goddess! Totally unprepared! Ouch, Igasped, almost cried. Repeated strokes, but Dorothea was hitting without any regular rhythm, giving me no chance to get used to the beatings, swiping irregularly as she chose, sometimes on my calves, sometimes on the backs of my thighs. Occasionally a silent scream escaped, I couldn’t completely suppress it. I had my eyes shut tight so didn’t notice what was happening, I was completely unprepared when she hit me a blow from on the front of my thigh. I opened my eyes and let out a scream.

"Do not scream, Lisette," ordered Dorothea, and landed another one with no restraint.

I squirmed, whimpering, trying not to cry. She opened my thighs and began to circle around me slowly. Now the sides of my legs got her attention. I jerked and heaved myself up constantly, gasping loudly and clenching my teeth to keep myself from screaming. Goddess, that’s terrible! Stop it! Stop it!

It didn’t stop. Dorothea came around me. Peng!, slapped the rod on my thigh. I moaned softly and pressed down. Doro came up close and swiped me on my chest - ouch! Another and another. She struck me on my breasts, severe, biting pain flooded through them, my nipples throbbed with fiery eruptions. I was jerking and writhing, letting out silent screams. I danced in my bondage, up and down, stretching myself up, trying to escape the terrible shocks. I lost control and started to cry pathetically.

Dorothea went on whipping me further. She left my breasts in peace, but hit me again on my leg. Circling me like a vulture, behind my legs, on my calves - and then the first solid blow on my bum! Howling I threw myself about in the ropes that were holding me and preventing me from escaping. Now my butt got its ration. I was sobbing, Dorothea was turning and turning around me, a moon of torment in orbit, a satellite of pain, doling out stinging blows. I felt terribly helpless, I could do nothing but endure it. I was weeping, blubbing, I began to plead,

"Doro! D-D-Doro listen au-au-owww! Au-au-oh, stop Do-doro!"

I’m not listening said her eyes. No Lisette, I won’t listen to any pleading, you‘ve asked for it. You have no rights – once you’re naked and bound, that means you’re to be beaten. No alternative. You’ll submit to it because I want it that way. Now I‘ve brought you so far that you're crying, I'll give you it even faster! She went on thrashing me, I lost all sense of time, I’d already lost it at the first shock. I sobbed, but managed somehow to suppress any loud screams. Among all the pain there was still shame and fear of being discovered. Weals criss-crossed my bare skin. I was sweating. I was suffering. I was crying, please-please it must stop…

It did not stop, she went on. She liked making me cry, making me blub like a baby. I was swinging about in the forest, a girl in bondage getting whacked just so that her cousin could see her cry. A naked girl was suffering, so that another girl got pleasure. This idea just came out of nowhere, it exploded in my brain. That’s the point! I’m suffering for Dorothea, I’m crying for my cousin. I’ve got to endure pain, so Doro can feel content. These thoughts galloped through my excited brain like wild horses, They didn’t anger me in the least, quite the contrary, they attracted me. Suddenly my flogging acquired a completely new purpose. It may sound crazy, but straightaway I could bear it more easily.

I sobbed all the more passionately, and tormented my body with writhing in wild spasms under the bite of the rod, but I accepted it. I forced myself to, for the sake of my cousin, I was suffering for Dorothea, I was being beaten for her pleasure. It was like a demonstration, Dorothea watched as I was whipped and watched as I squirmed and howled in my bondage. She enjoyed every second, every beat, every sob. How long she'd go on hitting me I didn’t know. I turned about and writhed in ecstasies of pain. I was naked and yet I was clothed in pain. I was sweating. I was crying. Again and again I begged for mercy which was not granted. I submitted.

Last edited:
This last bit draws attention to something we've not discussed much in the BDSM Forum - leg-whipping.
I can certainly say from experience that being whipped on my thighs is very erotic,
and of course it makes me squirm and dance quite vigorously.
Lower down, shins and calves, it's just raw pain, not so sensuous, but it gets me skipping!
The bruises, of course, are pretty conspicuous if I'm wearing shorts,
for several days - what the heck? Wear them with pride! :devil:

When it stopped I fell sobbing in the wrist-bonds, weeping. Dorothea stayed with me and looked at me silently. When I stopped crying, she pulled something out of her backpack and disappeared from my sight. I heard something rustle on the forest floor. After a short time she came back, an odd-shaped bucket in her hand. I was amazed - the thing was made of canvas, something I once saw in a catalogue of camping products, you could fold it really small. The canvas is impregnated with waterproofing, it could hold 8 litres. How in the name of Zeus had she come up with the idea of bringing the thing?

She came up to me. In silence she began to pour cold water over my back that was burning in agony, she washed my body infinitely gently, rinsing away my sweat with her hand. I held a reverent silence, I had to, I was still tied. How well the cool water felt! Again and again she ran back to the brook and filled the pail, until she’d washed me completely from head to toe, even my hair. The last two times I could have easily done without, when she threw cold water over me from in front and then behind, almost too much of a good thing.

Wet from head to toe I was still hanging on the tree branch, still tied up. Dorothea hung the fabric bucket up to dry, I had to suppress a giggle, I too was hung up to dry. Doro came to me. She circled me, bent down, lifted my upper body. She looked at me all over. "You have some really pretty weals," she said softly, "sadly, most of them are already disappearing." She studied me from behind and stroked my stomach and breasts, "I couldn’t hit so hard, otherwise you’d have screamed. I had to judge the blowsvery accurately, Lisette." She came around in front of me. "Next time I’ll put a gag on you Then I can beat you seriously." I swallowed hard, even harder? Yes, even harder, Lisette, said the eyes of my cousin.

Dorothea left me hanging on the branch until I was dry, only then did she release me. I put on my kit and we started for home.

"Does it still hurt?" Dorothea wanted to know. She looked at me with interest.

I nodded. "It's burning everywhere. I can feel it clearly."

"Maybe I should whip you again right before you go onto the cross," she mused aloud, I felt goose bumps, "flog you properly," she said. I imagined myself hanging on the cross, my whole body is full of dark red welts. Imagining it I began to tingle between my legs.

Less than half an hour later I found myself with outstretched arms on the cross again, stripped naked, my body covered with weals, though most of them were already disappearing. It was a new experience. Everywhere it burned a little, especially my buttcoks hurt right where I pressed against the wood of the upright. Two and a half hours. All right. I would cope, I had to.

"Enjoy it," said Doro from her painting table, "Today’s the last time for now, tomorrow’s Sunday. As Mom will be home, we’ll want to do something together, take a hike with a visit to the Garden Café, or something like that. Tomorrow you won’t be crucified, poor Lisette! Not even I can tie you up. Hopefully you’ll stand it." She grinned and dipped the brush into the paint. A day off. I felt faint regret, but one day without my beloved cross I could stand. On Monday I’ll certainly be back on.

I called one of my fantasies from my head and dipped into a drama at the strict Girls’ School. We were in the top class and I was being crucified because of some wicked misconduct, naked, in the middle of the school yard! Since the beginning of classes, I’d been hanging on the bar and suffering. The long break came and the girls filled out the exits of the school building. They came over to the cross and looked at me, some anxious, some with spiteful grins, others interested with big round eyes. I squirmed, moaning on the cross, I was shuddering with the effort. I wanted to hang quietly, but I couldn’t, unbearable pain filled me entirely, he forced me to dance on the wood, squirming in slow convulsions of agony and pain.

I saw a group of teachers bring out a student - it was Anja Haug. They came out in front of my cross and hung Anja between two upright metal posts. She was clamped on with chains in an X, so tight that the chains alone already hurt her. One of the teachers took out a long leather whip. The thong was dark and thick and looked vicious.

She turned to the surrounding students. "Anja Haug was disobedient," she announced. "she will receive 50 lashes." I was almost breathless, fifty! Poor Anja! The teacher came up behind and began to whip the girl. With terrible whacks the whip-leather hit Anya’s back. The lash curled around Anja's body, the tip flicked around her rib-cage and slammed on her chest. Anja screamed like a banshee, writhing, screaming and sobbing as the whip hit her again and again.

As this small feature-film ran in my mind, I watched my former classmate in my imagination as her white body became welted under the blows, as streams of tears ran down her face, while the other girls were watching. I began to roll a little on the cross, I clenched my legs and tensed the muscles of my pelvic floor repeatedly. The fantasy excited me gloriously, I gave myself up to it.

Mr. Pain came soon. I welcomed him. I gave myself to him just as I’d given myself to my imagination. I bore it quietly at first, then began moaning and panting. I squirmed. I was sweating. But I did not cry and I did not ask for mercy.

When I was released after two and a half hours, I was proud, proud to bear it.

it came - but not on my bum, the first blow came unexpectedly and hit my calves. I winced and gave a startled yelp. There hadn’t been much warning whirring, this rod was a sneaky snake! The pain it caused was short and sharp, after the stroke it spread slowly and bit deep. Doro beat me like that repeatedly, again on my calves, I tugged up on the wrist-bonds, gasping – that hurt! Another blow .... and another, three in a row. I tried to twist to get my legs out of target, this was of course futile. I probably presented an interesting picture, performing gymnastic exercises in the nude, hanging from the branch.

Thighs! Goddess! Totally unprepared! Ouch, Igasped, almost cried. Repeated strokes, but Dorothea was hitting without any regular rhythm, giving me no chance to get used to the beatings, swiping irregularly as she chose, sometimes on my calves, sometimes on the backs of my thighs. Occasionally a silent scream escaped, I couldn’t completely suppress it. I had my eyes shut tight so didn’t notice what was happening, I was completely unprepared when she hit me a blow from on the front of my thigh. I opened my eyes and let out a scream.

"Do not scream, Lisette," ordered Dorothea, and landed another one with no restraint.

I squirmed, whimpering, trying not to cry. She opened my thighs and began to circle around me slowly. Now the sides of my legs got her attention. I jerked and heaved myself up constantly, gasping loudly and clenching my teeth to keep myself from screaming. Goddess, that’s terrible! Stop it! Stop it!

It didn’t stop. Dorothea came around me. Peng!, slapped the rod on my thigh. I moaned softly and pressed down. Doro came up close and swiped me on my chest - ouch! Another and another. She struck me on my breasts, severe, biting pain flooded through them, my nipples throbbed with fiery eruptions. I was jerking and writhing, letting out silent screams. I danced in my bondage, up and down, stretching myself up, trying to escape the terrible shocks. I lost control and started to cry pathetically.

Dorothea went on whipping me further. She left my breasts in peace, but hit me again on my leg. Circling me like a vulture, behind my legs, on my calves - and then the first solid blow on my bum! Howling I threw myself about in the ropes that were holding me and preventing me from escaping. Now my butt got its ration. I was sobbing, Dorothea was turning and turning around me, a moon of torment in orbit, a satellite of pain, doling out stinging blows. I felt terribly helpless, I could do nothing but endure it. I was weeping, blubbing, I began to plead,

"Doro! D-D-Doro listen au-au-owww! Au-au-oh, stop Do-doro!"

I’m not listening said her eyes. No Lisette, I won’t listen to any pleading, you‘ve asked for it. You have no rights – once you’re naked and bound, that means you’re to be beaten. No alternative. You’ll submit to it because I want it that way. Now I‘ve brought you so far that you're crying, I'll give you it even faster! She went on thrashing me, I lost all sense of time, I’d already lost it at the first shock. I sobbed, but managed somehow to suppress any loud screams. Among all the pain there was still shame and fear of being discovered. Weals criss-crossed my bare skin. I was sweating. I was suffering. I was crying, please-please it must stop…

It did not stop, she went on. She liked making me cry, making me blub like a baby. I was swinging about in the forest, a girl in bondage getting whacked just so that her cousin could see her cry. A naked girl was suffering, so that another girl got pleasure. This idea just came out of nowhere, it exploded in my brain. That’s the point! I’m suffering for Dorothea, I’m crying for my cousin. I’ve got to endure pain, so Doro can feel content. These thoughts galloped through my excited brain like wild horses, They didn’t anger me in the least, quite the contrary, they attracted me. Suddenly my flogging acquired a completely new purpose. It may sound crazy, but straightaway I could bear it more easily.

I sobbed all the more passionately, and tormented my body with writhing in wild spasms under the bite of the rod, but I accepted it. I forced myself to, for the sake of my cousin, I was suffering for Dorothea, I was being beaten for her pleasure. It was like a demonstration, Dorothea watched as I was whipped and watched as I squirmed and howled in my bondage. She enjoyed every second, every beat, every sob. How long she'd go on hitting me I didn’t know. I turned about and writhed in ecstasies of pain. I was naked and yet I was clothed in pain. I was sweating. I was crying. Again and again I begged for mercy which was not granted. I submitted.
Pp is so, so sorry that he slept through last night and missed his nightly edition of pleasure at the sufferings of Lisette. Now he can add the images of her writhing to that of her stretched pale body and the marks from those 5 wraps of rope on her wrists.

This last bit draws attention to something we've not discussed much in the BDSM Forum - leg-whipping.
I can certainly say from experience that being whipped on my thighs is very erotic,
and of course it makes me squirm and dance quite vigorously.
Lower down, shins and calves, it's just raw pain, not so sensuous, but it gets me skipping!
The bruises, of course, are pretty conspicuous if I'm wearing shorts,
for several days - what the heck? Wear them with pride! :devil:

When it stopped I fell sobbing in the wrist-bonds, weeping. Dorothea stayed with me and looked at me silently. When I stopped crying, she pulled something out of her backpack and disappeared from my sight. I heard something rustle on the forest floor. After a short time she came back, an odd-shaped bucket in her hand. I was amazed - the thing was made of canvas, something I once saw in a catalogue of camping products, you could fold it really small. The canvas is impregnated with waterproofing, it could hold 8 litres. How in the name of Zeus had she come up with the idea of bringing the thing?

She came up to me. In silence she began to pour cold water over my back that was burning in agony, she washed my body infinitely gently, rinsing away my sweat with her hand. I held a reverent silence, I had to, I was still tied. How well the cool water felt! Again and again she ran back to the brook and filled the pail, until she’d washed me completely from head to toe, even my hair. The last two times I could have easily done without, when she threw cold water over me from in front and then behind, almost too much of a good thing.

Wet from head to toe I was still hanging on the tree branch, still tied up. Dorothea hung the fabric bucket up to dry, I had to suppress a giggle, I too was hung up to dry. Doro came to me. She circled me, bent down, lifted my upper body. She looked at me all over. "You have some really pretty weals," she said softly, "sadly, most of them are already disappearing." She studied me from behind and stroked my stomach and breasts, "I couldn’t hit so hard, otherwise you’d have screamed. I had to judge the blowsvery accurately, Lisette." She came around in front of me. "Next time I’ll put a gag on you Then I can beat you seriously." I swallowed hard, even harder? Yes, even harder, Lisette, said the eyes of my cousin.

Dorothea left me hanging on the branch until I was dry, only then did she release me. I put on my kit and we started for home.

"Does it still hurt?" Dorothea wanted to know. She looked at me with interest.

I nodded. "It's burning everywhere. I can feel it clearly."

"Maybe I should whip you again right before you go onto the cross," she mused aloud, I felt goose bumps, "flog you properly," she said. I imagined myself hanging on the cross, my whole body is full of dark red welts. Imagining it I began to tingle between my legs.

Less than half an hour later I found myself with outstretched arms on the cross again, stripped naked, my body covered with weals, though most of them were already disappearing. It was a new experience. Everywhere it burned a little, especially my buttcoks hurt right where I pressed against the wood of the upright. Two and a half hours. All right. I would cope, I had to.

"Enjoy it," said Doro from her painting table, "Today’s the last time for now, tomorrow’s Sunday. As Mom will be home, we’ll want to do something together, take a hike with a visit to the Garden Café, or something like that. Tomorrow you won’t be crucified, poor Lisette! Not even I can tie you up. Hopefully you’ll stand it." She grinned and dipped the brush into the paint. A day off. I felt faint regret, but one day without my beloved cross I could stand. On Monday I’ll certainly be back on.

I called one of my fantasies from my head and dipped into a drama at the strict Girls’ School. We were in the top class and I was being crucified because of some wicked misconduct, naked, in the middle of the school yard! Since the beginning of classes, I’d been hanging on the bar and suffering. The long break came and the girls filled out the exits of the school building. They came over to the cross and looked at me, some anxious, some with spiteful grins, others interested with big round eyes. I squirmed, moaning on the cross, I was shuddering with the effort. I wanted to hang quietly, but I couldn’t, unbearable pain filled me entirely, he forced me to dance on the wood, squirming in slow convulsions of agony and pain.

I saw a group of teachers bring out a student - it was Anja Haug. They came out in front of my cross and hung Anja between two upright metal posts. She was clamped on with chains in an X, so tight that the chains alone already hurt her. One of the teachers took out a long leather whip. The thong was dark and thick and looked vicious.

She turned to the surrounding students. "Anja Haug was disobedient," she announced. "she will receive 50 lashes." I was almost breathless, fifty! Poor Anja! The teacher came up behind and began to whip the girl. With terrible whacks the whip-leather hit Anya’s back. The lash curled around Anja's body, the tip flicked around her rib-cage and slammed on her chest. Anja screamed like a banshee, writhing, screaming and sobbing as the whip hit her again and again.

As this small feature-film ran in my mind, I watched my former classmate in my imagination as her white body became welted under the blows, as streams of tears ran down her face, while the other girls were watching. I began to roll a little on the cross, I clenched my legs and tensed the muscles of my pelvic floor repeatedly. The fantasy excited me gloriously, I gave myself up to it.

Mr. Pain came soon. I welcomed him. I gave myself to him just as I’d given myself to my imagination. I bore it quietly at first, then began moaning and panting. I squirmed. I was sweating. But I did not cry and I did not ask for mercy.

When I was released after two and a half hours, I was proud, proud to bear it.
Still, Pp's reward is a double dose. He shares Lisette's regret that she won't be joined with her cross on Sunday.
This is such great writing Eulalia. Thank you.

Just a little pastoral idyll today - though I suppose some folk would make a shock-horror scene out of a man taking surreptitious photos of a little girl in a rape-field! Tip to Tree- the role of Aunt Annie could develop interestingly in this chapter ;)

19 Bound on the hike

On Sunday there was no alarm clock. We slept as long as we wanted. But I was always awake early out of habit, I got up, showered and prepared breakfast. Aunt Annie and Dorothy were still asleep. I got out my laptop and clicked my way through the files until I found the picture of the girl with no name. I looked at the young woman on the cross. She made a mysterious impression, hanging on the bar, experiencing what was happening to her. She went through the same, I thought to myself, girl without a name, you were tied up. The photographer had to tie you on the cross to immortalise you. You can’t get off it by yourself, he’ll determine when you may down. Was that it, girl? What did you feel there, up on the wood, naked and bound? I want to know whether you wre happy. You’re no longer alive, this picture is almost a hundred years old. Was it just a brief moment in your life that passed by quickly? Or did you often think later on about how Frantisek Drtikol tied you naked to the cross? Did you think about it even as an old lady with silver hair, about your crucifixion at such a young age? Did you have fun? Did you think it was amusing? Or erotic? Was it more of a sporting challenge to endure it until Drtikol had finished photographing you? Or was it a naughty game for you? One way to really feel, once in a lifetime, free and female, to enjoy your natural nudity and show a bit more? In 1913 to strip naked was one thing that, if it was possible at all, it could only take place in the bedroom. But you did it in broad daylight, moreover before an audience. Perhaps there were even volunteers who helped set up the cross. Did you like this?

I'll never know, girl without a name. But I feel you close, as close as ever. I have to thank you! If Dorothea had not caught me looking at your picture, I would never have been allowed to experience everything that’s happened in these last fewdays, it might have remained a dream for ever, a secret desire locked deep inside me. I come closer to you, suffering stranger, with each passing day. I like you. I love you for what you’ve done for me – even though it was only your image on a computer screen!

Aunt Annie and Dorothea got up at about the same time, I shut down the computer and turned on the coffee, while the two of them showered and got ready for the day. After breakfast we set off for a walk. Aunt Annie had proposed a hike through the country. Along the way we’ll want to stop in a cafe and revive ourselves with coffee and cake. We set out cheerfully, the sun was shining, but it wasn’t too hot. Dorothea and I were wearing our small backpacks. We had water in small bottles in case we were a long time finding refreshments. Hardly necessary, around Spuhl we could drink from the many small springs in the forest. Country life, it’s lovely!

Aunt Annie had her camera with her. She snapped the landscape and flowers and houses in the small villages we passed through, quite often she’d ask us to stand in the frame of an image, so a bit of life came into the picture. Not far beyond the outskirts of Spuhl we passed through a valley-bottom where flax was once grown almost exclusively, for the production of linen fabrics of all kinds. I looked to the left and felt a small pang, I knew the field. I was thinking how I’d run along here a few years ago - it was the summer holidays after the sixth grade. I still remembered precisely, because I my left hand was in a cast, I’d had fallen awkwardly at school and broken my hand, several small bones were fractured. When I came to Spuhl, I was still wearing the cast on this hand. I’d run about full of frustration from the first day in the village, for weeks there was the most beautiful swimming-pool weather and I couldn’t go to swimming-pool - not at home in the city and not in Spuhl either, the wretched plaster had to stay on another week!

I walked this same route which my aunt, my cousin and I were now following, filled with anger and helpless fury at the injustice of the world. Why did I have to walk around with a nasty itchy plaster? It wasn’t fair, I wanted to go swimming! I wanted to go cycling. I wanted to go riding - if Auntie would give me the cost. So many things I wanted to do, with the stupid plaster on there was nothing!

To the left was a field where oilseed rape was growing, the tractor-tracks took my eye. There was nothing, just pure soft soil. Spontaneously, I’d stopped and taken off my white sandals. Barefoot I’d trodden into the field, slowly and deliberately - if I couldn’t use my my hands properly, I wanted to feel Spuhl and the countryside at least with my feet. And while I was walking with my bare feet on the soft, crumbling, sandy soil, the bitterness in my heart began to transform. I was tossed from being a city kid to a wild country girl with a generous heart and a happy disposition. The plaster would disappear. All I needed was a little patience.

What I did not know was that Herr Langmuth had come by. He came every summer for three or four weeks in Spuhl. He played about with an expensive camera and still more expensive telephoto lenses, photographing nature – wildlife like deer, wild boar, hares, foxes, pine martens, birds and aquatic animals. When he saw me walk into the field, he took out his camera and took a shot – cute! I didn’t notice anything, it was only a few days later, when he put an enlarged photo in my hand, where I saw myself from behind as I ran between the low rows of rape, that I learnt he’d taken a picture of me.
"The plaster’s gone now," he said cheerfully. "now nothing’s going to get in the way of your holiday fun!" Mum’s still got the picture that I brought home from my holiday.

girl-running-barefoot-on-grass.jpg

Last edited:
Just a little pastoral idyll today - though I suppose some folk would make a shock-horror scene out of a man taking surreptitious photos of a little girl in a rape-field! Tip to Tree- the role of Aunt Annie could develop interestingly in this chapter ;)

19 Bound on the hike

On Sunday there was no alarm clock. We slept as long as we wanted. But I was always awake early out of habit, I got up, showered and prepared breakfast. Aunt Annie and Dorothy were still asleep. I got out my laptop and clicked my way through the files until I found the picture of the girl with no name. I looked at the young woman on the cross. She made a mysterious impression, hanging on the bar, experiencing what was happening to her. She went through the same, I thought to myself, girl without a name, you were tied up. The photographer had to tie you on the cross to immortalise you. You can’t get off it by yourself, he’ll determine when you may down. Was that it, girl? What did you feel there, up on the wood, naked and bound? I want to know whether you wre happy. You’re no longer alive, this picture is almost a hundred years old. Was it just a brief moment in your life that passed by quickly? Or did you often think later on about how Frantisek Drtikol tied you naked to the cross? Did you think about it even as an old lady with silver hair, about your crucifixion at such a young age? Did you have fun? Did you think it was amusing? Or erotic? Was it more of a sporting challenge to endure it until Drtikol had finished photographing you? Or was it a naughty game for you? One way to really feel, once in a lifetime, free and female, to enjoy your natural nudity and show a bit more? In 1913 to strip naked was one thing that, if it was possible at all, it could only take place in the bedroom. But you did it in broad daylight, moreover before an audience. Perhaps there were even volunteers who helped set up the cross. Did you like this?

I'll never know, girl without a name. But I feel you close, as close as ever. I have to thank you! If Dorothea had not caught me looking at your picture, I would never have been allowed to experience everything that’s happened in these last fewdays, it might have remained a dream for ever, a secret desire locked deep inside me. I come closer to you, suffering stranger, with each passing day. I like you. I love you for what you’ve done for me – even though it was only your image on a computer screen!

Aunt Annie and Dorothea got up at about the same time, I shut down the computer and turned on the coffee, while the two of them showered and got ready for the day. After breakfast we set off for a walk. Aunt Annie had proposed a hike through the country. Along the way we’ll want to stop in a cafe and revive ourselves with coffee and cake. We set out cheerfully, the sun was shining, but it wasn’t too hot. Dorothea and I were wearing our small backpacks. We had water in small bottles in case we were a long time finding refreshments. Hardly necessary, around Spuhl we could drink from the many small springs in the forest. Country life, it’s lovely!

Aunt Annie had her camera with her. She snapped the landscape and flowers and houses in the small villages we passed through, quite often she’d ask us to stand in the frame of an image, so a bit of life came into the picture. Not far beyond the outskirts of Spuhl we passed through a valley-bottom where flax was once grown almost exclusively, for the production of linen fabrics of all kinds. I looked to the left and felt a small pang, I knew the field. I was thinking how I’d run along here a few years ago - it was the summer holidays after the sixth grade. I still remembered precisely, because I my left hand was in a cast, I’d had fallen awkwardly at school and broken my hand, several small bones were fractured. When I came to Spuhl, I was still wearing the cast on this hand. I’d run about full of frustration from the first day in the village, for weeks there was the most beautiful swimming-pool weather and I couldn’t go to swimming-pool - not at home in the city and not in Spuhl either, the wretched plaster had to stay on another week!

I walked this same route which my aunt, my cousin and I were now following, filled with anger and helpless fury at the injustice of the world. Why did I have to walk around with a nasty itchy plaster? It wasn’t fair, I wanted to go swimming! I wanted to go cycling. I wanted to go riding - if Auntie would give me the cost. So many things I wanted to do, with the stupid plaster on there was nothing!

To the left was a field where oilseed rape was growing, the tractor-tracks took my eye. There was nothing, just pure soft soil. Spontaneously, I’d stopped and taken off my white sandals. Barefoot I’d trodden into the field, slowly and deliberately - if I couldn’t use my my hands properly, I wanted to feel Spuhl and the countryside at least with my feet. And while I was walking with my bare feet on the soft, crumbling, sandy soil, the bitterness in my heart began to transform. I was tossed from being a city kid to a wild country girl with a generous heart and a happy disposition. The plaster would disappear. All I needed was a little patience.

What I did not know was that Herr Langmuth had come by. He came every summer for three or four weeks in Spuhl. He played about with an expensive camera and still more expensive telephoto lenses, photographing nature – wildlife like deer, wild boar, hares, foxes, pine martens, birds and aquatic animals. When he saw me walk into the field, he took out his camera and took a shot – cute! I didn’t notice anything, it was only a few days later, when he put an enlarged photo in my hand, where I saw myself from behind as I ran between the low rows of rape, that I learnt he’d taken a picture of me.
"The plaster’s gone now," he said cheerfully. "now nothing’s going to get in the way of your holiday fun!" Mum’s still got the picture that I brought home from my holiday.
Pp hastily tucks his Nikon away. Aunt Annie might slip him a set of negatives.....

More happy wandering, but it balances the intensity of the cruxing and whipping scenes, and I think hints are being dropped of future possibilities - as you'll see at the end of this bit ;)

On an impulse I stopped, I bent down and took off my shoes. I stowed them in my backpack and ran on barefoot. Aunt Annie smiled at me: "Yes, it was here, the pic that Langmuth took of you -" she looked a little wistful, "back then you were a little mouse." She hugged me. I saw Dorothea bend down and take off her shoes.

"This time I did it more conveniently," I said, "I’ve got my right hand free as I don’t have to carry the shoes, they’re in my backpack, and my left hand’s free too – no plaster of Paris!" Auntie laughed. We walked on. Beyond the flat, marshy valley the path bore to the left and forked at Herthener Cross. To the right it led to Hundsbach and on to Herlingerstadt, to the left lay the way into the Herthener Forest. We struck off to the left, but not before Doro and I had had to stand before the 18th century crucifix and smile for Aunt Annie and her camera. Oh Auntie! If you knew what was going through my head at the sight of such crosses! I just think to myself, not those disgusting nails, and why shouldn’t a female have be on the crucifix? There were some, Saint Eulalia, for example.

"You’ve taken your shoes off too!" said Aunt Annie to Dorothea.

"What Thusnelda may do, I shall do," said Doro laughing.

Aunt Annie laughed - "Thusnelda?"

"That’s her real name!" Doro put her arm round me and hugged me. "Isn't that true, cousin?"

"No way!" I cried like a shot, "Not for me, Mrs. Raspberry-Gooseberry!"

Auntie took some more photos, then it was off to the left. The paths in the Herthener Forest were heavenly - soft and springy, sometimes covered with old leaves, sometimes overgrown with moss, or just sandy. In the deep, powdery sand it felt best. We observed where the ant-lions [like doodle-bugs] had dug their small tunnels in the sand to lie in wait for passing ants. When an ant comes by such a tunnel the ant-lion grabs it from below with its pincer-antennae then slides the unfortunate ant down into the tunnel. End of ant.

Aunt Annie took a tin cup from Dorothea's backpack and dug out an ant-lion. It’s an insect that lives in the earth and feeds on minibeasts that came close to its self-dug tunnel. She put the creature on a stone and photographed it, then she put it back in its hole. It was very upset and immediately went to work to renovate its sand trap.

In Herthen, the small village in the woods, Aunt Annie turned her camera on the beautiful old houses, crouching low on the ground, and the farms with their old barn doors, the old school where no classes had been held for years, and the village well. In the middle of the village we crossed a hump-bridge with parapets made of Linsbach stone, and a cobbled surface. Auntie told us to get up on the parapet and sit on it, it was hardly a metre high.

"In the old days children used to play here, just like you," she said, "barefoot, kiddies’ feet grow quickly, it was too expensive to keep buying you new shoes. You two look pretty old-fashioned, that suits the bridge. It’s a pity your clothes aren’t right though, a hundred years ago there were no denim skirts, and could only the super-rich people could afford silk blouses or wearing posh shoes – a pity." She sighed. "I’d like to dress you in some beautiful old-fashioned clothes. That would look really good in the photos."

I was thrilled, "We can do it, auntie! We’ll come again next Sunday and Doro and I can bring old-fashioned looking dresses, maybe even two or three sets - skirts, blouses, shirts and dresses. I could wear my linen dress that I've sewn myself, it looks like in the old days. Doro’s got stuff like that too.”

"That would be great," my cousin went on, "we could walk to all the villages around Spuhl, where there are beautiful old buildings and monuments like this bridge or the village well, and you can take pics of us."

Aunt Annie was delighted, "That would be really nice, we should do it. When we’re tired, we can take the bus or the train home."

We walked on, left Herthen behind us and plunged into the woods again. Of course, we didn’t not walk along the made-up road but on forest tracks. After half an hour we reached the forest cafe at the main junction, only a single narrow asphalt road ran past it. The other tracks, which came from several directions, were all rough. They were ready to serve us in the café garden. Dorothea and I washed our feet at the fountain, then we sat down at a table at the edge of the square, where we had a lovely view over the small pond where ducks and geese were swimming. My cousin and I were still barefoot, we didn’t even think of putting our shoes back on. We ordered coffee and cake and it tasted good.

A couple in their thirties left the table next to ours to ramble further, they were wearing backpacks, fashionable trekking clothes, and walking sandals on their bare feet. When I saw the man's feet, I thought he was a werewolf, totally hairy! On the instep of his foot he had real fur! But what really caught my eye were his toes just like my cousin he had rococo feet. The toe next to the big toe was a bit longer, like on those old pictures by famous artists from the past. Doro had probably inherited this rare foot shape – but who from? From her father or her mother? I didn’t know. Although Aunt Annie went barefoot quite often at home, I’d never looked closely at her feet, I just knew she never painted the nails, because she thought it ridiculous. At the moment I could not see anything because she was wearing laced-up, lightweight hiking boots of a well-known brand. Funny what one thinks about when one is drinking coffee, I thought. I looked after the hikers, they were making their way up the path towards Linsdorf. Aunt Annie noticed me looking.

"They’re heading for Linsdorf…" she said, shoving a piece of cheesecake in her mouth. "Mmm! Delicious! The Forest Cafe has the best cakes in the world!" She chewed and swallowed and waved the cake fork in the direction of the disappearing hikers. "They’ll probably go on from Linsdorf to Kehlwangen, to the chapel, it’s been opened again recently, they’ve completed the renovation of the old stained glass."

"The Blessed Virgin chapel?" said Dorothea, "That was only going to be ready in September, it said in the newspaper."

Aunt Annie swallowed her cake, "You know, the windows weren’t as bad as they originally thought, just dirty, they could be cleaned easily. But they were filthy, consider all the smoke of the candles over a hundred years. The chapel was, I believe, built in 1872, during the Kulturkampf [anti-clerical legislation of Bismark]."

Dorothea looked at me, "We can go there next week. From Spuhl we’ll take the train to Kehlwangen, we can to walk home at least part of the way. The stained glass windows are great. Not with strange contorted figures like on windows from the Middle Ages, they look absolutely photo-realistic in the Blessed Virgin Chapel. I’ll bring my camera with me, I’ll need to photograph the reflections, now they’re restored again, previously there was hardly any light through the blackened windows."

After tea we headed back on the track. We went back by a different route, we took the forest path to Fronbach and from there we went back via Lemmern to Spuhl. Fronbach was behind a wooded hill in a wide valley of pastures and orchards. Fronbacher plum brandy is famous. In a small factory on the outskirts they distill the juice of the fruit from orchards around the village. The factory is an old-fashioned building from the nineties of the century before last, only the machines in it are new and modern. There were lots of pictures for Aunt Annie to take, the factory, the village church and the fountain. Many beautiful fountains are to be found around Spuhl. "We should shoot here next Sunday too," I suggested, leaning against the base of the fountain. Above me crouched a fierce looking lion that guarded the stone trough below. He had unfortunately got a good deal of bird-shit on his head, but if the camera’s held right....

Beyond Fronbach our route went slightly uphill into the Lemmerner forest. There, we came suddenly on a very rough road.

"My god," I grumbled. "tracks like this spoil the beautiful forest trail, it looks disgusting!"

"They regularly use heavy forestry machinery here," said Aunt Annie. "where the road’s not solid, they dig deep into the forest floor. I bet it feels disgusting to walk on?"

"Oh what the hell," I said and walked bravely forward, Dorothea also strode on with contempt for danger, we held our arms around each other for balance, yet we still wobbled. I tried to stride along head upright like a princess, I was an elf-princess. The sharp flints under my bare feet were hurting quite a lot, but I decided to enjoy it, at least it was a little pain on that cross-and-bondage-free Sunday.

"You’re striding along like young goddesses," cried Aunt Annie laughing, "Ye are my proper children of nature! Like those shepherdesses who race barefoot every year in some remote places over the stubble. I’m going to snap your games here!" She ran one step ahead and turned as we walked arm in arm, laughing, over the stony ground. My aunt shook her head in disbelief.

"How come you're coping? That's real foot-torture! How did you get into that?" She looked at her daughter and smiled, "Are you still torturing Lisette?”

"Oh yes," was Dorothea’s sharp-witted reply, "normally she comes on walks with me with her hands tied behind her back. Unfortunately I left the cord at home - damn!"

More happy wandering, but it balances the intensity of the cruxing and whipping scenes, and I think hints are being dropped of future possibilities - as you'll see at the end of this bit ;)

On an impulse I stopped, I bent down and took off my shoes. I stowed them in my backpack and ran on barefoot. Aunt Annie smiled at me: "Yes, it was here, the pic that Langmuth took of you -" she looked a little wistful, "back then you were a little mouse." She hugged me. I saw Dorothea bend down and take off her shoes.

"This time I did it more conveniently," I said, "I’ve got my right hand free as I don’t have to carry the shoes, they’re in my backpack, and my left hand’s free too – no plaster of Paris!" Auntie laughed. We walked on. Beyond the flat, marshy valley the path bore to the left and forked at Herthener Cross. To the right it led to Hundsbach and on to Herlingerstadt, to the left lay the way into the Herthener Forest. We struck off to the left, but not before Doro and I had had to stand before the 18th century crucifix and smile for Aunt Annie and her camera. Oh Auntie! If you knew what was going through my head at the sight of such crosses! I just think to myself, not those disgusting nails, and why shouldn’t a female have be on the crucifix? There were some, Saint Eulalia, for example.

"You’ve taken your shoes off too!" said Aunt Annie to Dorothea.

"What Thusnelda may do, I shall do," said Doro laughing.

Aunt Annie laughed - "Thusnelda?"

"That’s her real name!" Doro put her arm round me and hugged me. "Isn't that true, cousin?"

"No way!" I cried like a shot, "Not for me, Mrs. Raspberry-Gooseberry!"

Auntie took some more photos, then it was off to the left. The paths in the Herthener Forest were heavenly - soft and springy, sometimes covered with old leaves, sometimes overgrown with moss, or just sandy. In the deep, powdery sand it felt best. We observed where the ant-lions [like doodle-bugs] had dug their small tunnels in the sand to lie in wait for passing ants. When an ant comes by such a tunnel the ant-lion grabs it from below with its pincer-antennae then slides the unfortunate ant down into the tunnel. End of ant.

Aunt Annie took a tin cup from Dorothea's backpack and dug out an ant-lion. It’s an insect that lives in the earth and feeds on minibeasts that came close to its self-dug tunnel. She put the creature on a stone and photographed it, then she put it back in its hole. It was very upset and immediately went to work to renovate its sand trap.

In Herthen, the small village in the woods, Aunt Annie turned her camera on the beautiful old houses, crouching low on the ground, and the farms with their old barn doors, the old school where no classes had been held for years, and the village well. In the middle of the village we crossed a hump-bridge with parapets made of Linsbach stone, and a cobbled surface. Auntie told us to get up on the parapet and sit on it, it was hardly a metre high.

"In the old days children used to play here, just like you," she said, "barefoot, kiddies’ feet grow quickly, it was too expensive to keep buying you new shoes. You two look pretty old-fashioned, that suits the bridge. It’s a pity your clothes aren’t right though, a hundred years ago there were no denim skirts, and could only the super-rich people could afford silk blouses or wearing posh shoes – a pity." She sighed. "I’d like to dress you in some beautiful old-fashioned clothes. That would look really good in the photos."

I was thrilled, "We can do it, auntie! We’ll come again next Sunday and Doro and I can bring old-fashioned looking dresses, maybe even two or three sets - skirts, blouses, shirts and dresses. I could wear my linen dress that I've sewn myself, it looks like in the old days. Doro’s got stuff like that too.”

"That would be great," my cousin went on, "we could walk to all the villages around Spuhl, where there are beautiful old buildings and monuments like this bridge or the village well, and you can take pics of us."

Aunt Annie was delighted, "That would be really nice, we should do it. When we’re tired, we can take the bus or the train home."

We walked on, left Herthen behind us and plunged into the woods again. Of course, we didn’t not walk along the made-up road but on forest tracks. After half an hour we reached the forest cafe at the main junction, only a single narrow asphalt road ran past it. The other tracks, which came from several directions, were all rough. They were ready to serve us in the café garden. Dorothea and I washed our feet at the fountain, then we sat down at a table at the edge of the square, where we had a lovely view over the small pond where ducks and geese were swimming. My cousin and I were still barefoot, we didn’t even think of putting our shoes back on. We ordered coffee and cake and it tasted good.

A couple in their thirties left the table next to ours to ramble further, they were wearing backpacks, fashionable trekking clothes, and walking sandals on their bare feet. When I saw the man's feet, I thought he was a werewolf, totally hairy! On the instep of his foot he had real fur! But what really caught my eye were his toes just like my cousin he had rococo feet. The toe next to the big toe was a bit longer, like on those old pictures by famous artists from the past. Doro had probably inherited this rare foot shape – but who from? From her father or her mother? I didn’t know. Although Aunt Annie went barefoot quite often at home, I’d never looked closely at her feet, I just knew she never painted the nails, because she thought it ridiculous. At the moment I could not see anything because she was wearing laced-up, lightweight hiking boots of a well-known brand. Funny what one thinks about when one is drinking coffee, I thought. I looked after the hikers, they were making their way up the path towards Linsdorf. Aunt Annie noticed me looking.

"They’re heading for Linsdorf…" she said, shoving a piece of cheesecake in her mouth. "Mmm! Delicious! The Forest Cafe has the best cakes in the world!" She chewed and swallowed and waved the cake fork in the direction of the disappearing hikers. "They’ll probably go on from Linsdorf to Kehlwangen, to the chapel, it’s been opened again recently, they’ve completed the renovation of the old stained glass."

"The Blessed Virgin chapel?" said Dorothea, "That was only going to be ready in September, it said in the newspaper."

Aunt Annie swallowed her cake, "You know, the windows weren’t as bad as they originally thought, just dirty, they could be cleaned easily. But they were filthy, consider all the smoke of the candles over a hundred years. The chapel was, I believe, built in 1872, during the Kulturkampf [anti-clerical legislation of Bismark]."

Dorothea looked at me, "We can go there next week. From Spuhl we’ll take the train to Kehlwangen, we can to walk home at least part of the way. The stained glass windows are great. Not with strange contorted figures like on windows from the Middle Ages, they look absolutely photo-realistic in the Blessed Virgin Chapel. I’ll bring my camera with me, I’ll need to photograph the reflections, now they’re restored again, previously there was hardly any light through the blackened windows."

After tea we headed back on the track. We went back by a different route, we took the forest path to Fronbach and from there we went back via Lemmern to Spuhl. Fronbach was behind a wooded hill in a wide valley of pastures and orchards. Fronbacher plum brandy is famous. In a small factory on the outskirts they distill the juice of the fruit from orchards around the village. The factory is an old-fashioned building from the nineties of the century before last, only the machines in it are new and modern. There were lots of pictures for Aunt Annie to take, the factory, the village church and the fountain. Many beautiful fountains are to be found around Spuhl. "We should shoot here next Sunday too," I suggested, leaning against the base of the fountain. Above me crouched a fierce looking lion that guarded the stone trough below. He had unfortunately got a good deal of bird-shit on his head, but if the camera’s held right....

Beyond Fronbach our route went slightly uphill into the Lemmerner forest. There, we came suddenly on a very rough road.

"My god," I grumbled. "tracks like this spoil the beautiful forest trail, it looks disgusting!"

"They regularly use heavy forestry machinery here," said Aunt Annie. "where the road’s not solid, they dig deep into the forest floor. I bet it feels disgusting to walk on?"

"Oh what the hell," I said and walked bravely forward, Dorothea also strode on with contempt for danger, we held our arms around each other for balance, yet we still wobbled. I tried to stride along head upright like a princess, I was an elf-princess. The sharp flints under my bare feet were hurting quite a lot, but I decided to enjoy it, at least it was a little pain on that cross-and-bondage-free Sunday.

"You’re striding along like young goddesses," cried Aunt Annie laughing, "Ye are my proper children of nature! Like those shepherdesses who race barefoot every year in some remote places over the stubble. I’m going to snap your games here!" She ran one step ahead and turned as we walked arm in arm, laughing, over the stony ground. My aunt shook her head in disbelief.

"How come you're coping? That's real foot-torture! How did you get into that?" She looked at her daughter and smiled, "Are you still torturing Lisette?”

"Oh yes," was Dorothea’s sharp-witted reply, "normally she comes on walks with me with her hands tied behind her back. Unfortunately I left the cord at home - damn!"
Pp does sense some interesting times approaching for Lisette and he is waiting patiently while Eulalia describes their bucolic ramblings.

BANG! My head was exploding once again. Doro! Will you keep your gob shut, you wretched stirrer!! I concentrated intently on the foot-tormenting ground and prayed to God that he wouldn’t let me blush.

"Oh for my restraints you don’t need any cord."

BOOM! My head exploded for the second time! Aunt Annie had said that! My Aunt Annie!

"You might know, how to keep someone captive with magical bondage?" Auntie said innocently. Oh. Pheeeeuuw! Gaaasp! "You could, for example, do like Wood Elves, use crochet bands to bind her so she can’t get away," continued Auntie, "When they got a anyone to wear such bands on her wrists, she was bound, then she had to obey them and take care of their garden and keep away pests and things like that. That’s why girls and women used to do very difficult crochet work to produce especially beautiful patterns of colour, so that the elves wouldn’t seduce them with their bands. Then there’s the story of the captive elf- princess. The evil trolls tied her to a tree with magic willow branches, in order to seize control over the forest itself. They bound the poor elf –girl’s wrists and tied her up and left her. But at night when the moon rose, there was a family of mice that the elf-princess had once helped, and they freed the poor elf. They nibbled several dozen flowers in the meadow off their stems, then they scrambled up the tree where she was tied and they plaited a crown for her with flowers. With this, and the power of the mmonlight, the elvish powers of the princess were strengthened, so she could command the willow branches to release her."

"Cool story," I said. "I didn’t know that one. You’ve told me so many stories about the area around Spuhl!"

We came to an open piece of land. Besides the nasty dirt track there lay a small glade. Aunt Annie pointed to the grassy patch, "Come quick!" We followed her, soft grass was better than piercing flints. Aunt Annie was looking at a young sapling with a trunk barely ten inches thick, "That's right, nice and smooth and there’s nothing that can poke." She took out her small sharp knife, the kind they use to cut withies for basket-weaving, and went to the willow coppices next to the tree. She cut, but not rods, just long, very slender shoots. She tested each one for flexibility. I looked at my aunt in disbelief. I knew what was up, but it couldno’t be true, surely? Why haven’t you ever done this before, whimpered a sad little voice deep in my heart - oh Auntie!

After she’d collected enough thin stems, Auntie nodded towards the chosen tree,
"Stand by it, Lisette - but take off your backpack first, otherwise it’ll be uncomfortable."

Heart pounding, I obeyed. I thought I was going mad, my aunt wanted me to be bound with willow branches on the tree! Plus right next to a forest track, at any moment someone could come and ask curious questions. Frau Flörke doesn’t care! She directed me to stand with my back against the tree trunk. I had to put my arms up and my hands together like they were praying. With deft fingers Auntie made me captive.She twined the willow branches together and put them around my wrists – around one and then round the other in a figure of eight. When she was approaching the end of one withy, she wove in a new one, twined the two ends together and continued. In no time she’d made me wrist-bondage that looked like basketry, it was a good ten inches wide and not uncomfortable. The craziest thing was, I couldn’t pull my hands out!

"You can pull and tug, it’ll still keep hold of you!" my aunt said cheerfully. She got down on her knees and tied my ankles in the same way, except that she ran the willow stems around the tree-trunk from the figure-of-eight braided around my ankles, and brought the ends back into the braid around my feet.

I kept solmenly quiet, what wonderful bondage! My cousin was standing there, staring wide-eyed at me, I could see that she envied me. At the very end, Aunt Annie and Doro picked wild flowers in the grass, they plaited a crown and put it on my head.

"Now our beautiful elf-princess is ready and properly ornamented!" said Aunt Annie. She grabbed her camera and shot picture after picture from all possible angles. I had to hang my head and close my eyes, then look up, and finally raise my head proudly. Again and again the camera shutter clicked. I was feeling the bondage was great fun, though at the same time I was afraid at any moment walkers would come along. then what would happen?

I’d been maybe three or four minutes at the tree when it did happen! A couple about Auntie's age came along the forest path. Auntie greeted them with a friendly shout and they responded.

"Annie? Is that you?"

The woman came into the glade, her husband followed her like an obedient dog. I seized up, here we go! It’s all up! They’re coming so close they’ll see what’s being done to me. I was dying of shame and fear, but Aunt Annie wasn’t bothered a bit, she welcomed the new arrivals cheerfully and went on photographing me as if it were nothing, I could not believe it!

The woman came up to me, "Hey, what’s this? Why’s this going on?"

"We have made up my niece as an elf-princess," Aunt Annie said calmly, 'You know the story of the trolls who tied the princess with magic withies to the tree."

"Of course," said the woman, she smiled at me and touched my hand-bondage, "This is holding her?"

She took three steps back and surveyed me from head to toe.

"She looks pretty, eh Fried? Do something, take a photo or two!"

She turned to Auntie, "So cool – you could send one or two photos to the Herlingenstädt Messenger," she suggested, "They’d put them in the regional section." She smiled at me, while her husband took pictures me unabashed - he took many more than one or two! "That would be nice, publishing your niece as an elf in the newspaper, anyone should do that who’s got such a souvenir. Of course the girl would get a free newspaper for herself."

"Not a bad idea," Aunt Annie said, "Maybe they’d even pay a fee."

The three adults began to chat while I was left tied up by the tree in peace. They talked about the fables and legends that they’d acted out around Spuhl. They discussed the weather and how full of potholes the road is past Lemmern. They talked about high fuel prices and low interest rates. At least a quarter of an hour they carried on like that and the whole time I was tied to the tree, held by by the supple wicker. Doro was gazing at me like the eighth wonder of the world, she was still as incredulous as I was. When I thought I’d survived it, four other people came along the way, I was duly admired and found to be very pretty. Camera shutters clicked.

At last I was freed. "Those are beautiful prints on your wrists," said Auntie, and pulled out the camera again. She snapped my hands in the macro setting, then she took some shots of my bare feet – on my ankles, the willow-wands had left a beautiful basket-weave pattern. Then we set off home, I kept the garland on. Instead of dinner indoors we had a barbecue in the courtyard - sausage and turkey schnitzels and lemonade to drink. Aunt Annie played her guitar and we sang songs.

"We’ll do that with the newspaper," she said, "maybe theyll really print a picture of Lisette, that'll be a great thing!"

In bed Dorothea and I whispered for a while.

"You’ve had one day’s respite," Doro said, "so you can do three hours tomorrow morning."

I agreed. I wanted to move forward. Three hours, okay. Before I dozed off, I thought about it. Three hours. How long do I have to stay on the cross, before it breaks me? When will my last shred of resistance be broken? When shall I start to cry and plead to be let down? These thoughts made me a little scared, but mostly I found it exciting. I wanted to experience it. I had to.

that was innocently evil... I suspect a later encounter with auntie won't be as innocent...
Pp was not denied his nightly serving of Lisette and he looks forward to Auntie's development in the story.

He has trawled the net but hasn't yet found any of the photographs that any of the adults snapped of Lisette and her willow bonds.

20 Wild ideas and a flogging

A new day - a new crucifixion for me. It had become so normal, yet still exciting, stripping off my clothes and then standing naked before the cross that’s lying on the floor, resting on the supports above the floorboards. It was waiting for me. I lay down on it, put the soles of my feet on the footrest, and spread out my arms. Dorothea buckled the leather cuffs around my wrists, she always began with my hands, my feet came second. Afterwards, when she took me down from the cross, she’d reverse the procedure - a set ritual ....

Hauling up, accompanied by the loud rattle of the chain that my cousin pulled down and the much slower click the chain that raised up the cross. The noise of Doro’s chain was so loud, yet I always heard the singing of the cross-chain, maybe because I could feel it all through me, those gentle jerks, rick-rick-click-click. Why do we usually refer to sounds that a chain makes with the vowel /i/, in onomatopoeic pseudo-words to express the sound? Rick-rick, click-click, krick-krick. Why not crack-crack or krock-krock? Jerk-jerk, and kleck-kleck? /i/ is a letter that sounds kind of cool and metallic, I decided. I felt a jerk but I heard a click.

Soon the cross was standing upright, I was hanging on it, arms spread, feet side-by-side on the support, firmly held by the brown leather cuffs. I found the cuffs better than ropes. Although it was a wild feeling, being tied up with ropes, experiencing them being pulled and tightened around my ankles and wrists, the closing of the leather cuffs had something too. And in the long term they felt better than bondage with ropes.

So I can endure more, I thought, knowing that the way I was attached to the cross was not all, there were more factors to it. For now, I felt comfortable, I was hanging on the cross and stretched between the leather restraints. When Dorothea turned away after a while to get on with her painting, I felt a new fantasy awaken in my head. I’d been wondering from day to day more and more about myself. Had I actually designed so many scenarios over the years? Yes Lisette, it’s dreams of bondage that make you so creative. In my mind's eye a short feature film was running, from when I was thirteen or fourteen if my mind’s not deceiving me. As usual at my age then, it was played out in a school, or some kind of boarding institution, which was attached to a church. In this school, normal education took place, but there was always much talk about the sins of the world and how Jesus had taken away the sins of the people by letting himself be crucified for the them. It was expected of us that we should follow his example, to show the sinners of the world how they ought to repent. Twice a week, it was mandatory for us to go for an hour on the cross. Each student had to take it upon herself. The school did not normally allow any exemptions. Of course we were not nailed, but tied with ropes.

As a young girl I’d often varied this scenario. Sometimes we hung on crosses on the wall during classes, and it was the custom that from the beginning of a lesson until its end there was always at least one girl on the cross. Then I invented a special room, a kind of ecclesiastically furnished hall in which were many crosses along the walls awaiting us girls. Again it was expected that there would never be a time when all the crosses stood empty at once, from morning to night there always had to be at least one cross occupied. If several girls were crucified together, they could talk when no teachers were there. Each of us had to spend an hour on the cross twice a week, but it was approved, and earnt you merit points in the mark-book, if you spent more time there. There were girls who went every day onto the cross, and some stayed three or four hours. Some very tough ones suffered half or even whole days. In my imagination, I often stood before the crucifixion and looked at the girl as she writhed naked on wood, as she fought against the pain, to atone for the sins of the world, her bound body coated with a thin film of sweat. They danced on the cross, they groaned. gasped and eventually they began to cry. But never, absolutely never, were they permitted to come down ffom the cross! If they’d undertaken to do six hours, they had to keep to it.

I was feeling the effect of my crucifixion. Back then when I had fantasised about the girls who were suffering for the sins of the world on those crosses, I could imagine only vaguely how much it would hurt if you hung really long on the cross. Just bondage - so I thought - but it wouldn’t hurt, the ropes were soft and simply held you tight, it would only hurt if we were nailed. What a mistake! The time factor plays a major role in crucifixion. It struck me again how damnably difficult it will be to endure it. More than once I caught myself begging in my thoughts, cousine, untie me! But I said nothing – my pride forbade my that, but I wanted so much to be released. Then the crisis passed and I was enduring it again easily. I could take the pain and love the cross. A gentle touch on my bare feet. Dorothea was standing down there and looking up at me.

"You all right, Lisette?"

"Yes," I said.

She surprised me - "Do you want to quit? Shall I untie you? "

Chicken out? Get down before the agreed time? Don’t play the fool with me! I shook my head, "No, I’ll do the full three hours."

Doro looked up at me: "Do what you want, Lisette, but don’t say afterwards, I didn’t ask." She stroked over my feet: ".. Man, I can see that it’s troubling you... very well then .... "

She went back to her drawing table. I should have said yes, I thought, it really is hard. Maybe I'm not in good form this morning, what do I know? It's harder than usual! At least so it seems to me. How long have I been crucified? A rhetorical question, I could get no answer either from Doro nor from a clock nor from myself. My sense of time was confused as always when I was on the cross. I felt I’d been hanging on the bar quite a long time, really long, too long. Man, did that hurt! My shoulders! My arms! Even my legs! Ow! I tried hard not to fight it, tried to hang quietly, but I couldn’t. The familiar slow dance on the cross began without any help from me and against my will. Goddess, that was tough! I could stand it no longer, it was impossible, really no way...

"Dorothea!" My voice was tight and shaky. My cousin came to me immediately. Wide-eyed she looked up at me.

"I can’t manage any more, please let me go, Doro."

She looked silently at me and didn’t move.

"Dorot!" I gasped, "please!!!"

She shook her head, "No, Lisette. When I asked you, you didn’t want. Now you’ll have to stick it out until the end."

"But it's not on," I whined. Oh how it hurt, I've got to quit, right now!

"But that’s the way it goes," said my cousin, determined, "Since you have to go through with it, Lisette, I will not set you free. Absolutely not."

"Doro... please," I pleaded. Tears came into my eyes, I was suffering terribly, "Please!!!"

She stood in front of me and looked on, mute. She watched as I wept. She did nothing. She left me hanging on the cross.

"Doro…" plaintively, pleading, begging.

"No, Lisette." She stayed down there and watched as I wept.

"Owww," I said, with a shaky voice, as I fought against the leather cuffs, "Ohhh!" I sucked in my breath between my teeth. Again and again slipped out a whining "Oowwhh!". I was ashamed of my whining but I couldn’t hold it back, I was suffering too much. It’s enough, I thought, three hours are enough. It’s the limit and I stop here. Enough is enough. Stop the nonsense, I’ve over-crossed myself. If I do it in future, only one hour. One hour, that’s nice, arousing, beautiful, one hour of fun, but not three! No! Never again! I was crying, I couldn’t manage to stop it, I wailed. Again and again out came this stupid "Auuuwww!" Between my lips, out it came. I was ashamedat it, I was being a crybaby. No wonder Dorothea wouldn’t help me, such a crybaby doesn’t deserve help. My arms felt like gnarled branches, they seemed to be no part of me any more. I only felt the form of pain, the wood of the cross pressing against my shoulder-blades and my buttocks. Tears were running down my cheeks - crybaby!

20 Wild ideas and a flogging

A new day - a new crucifixion for me. It had become so normal, yet still exciting, stripping off my clothes and then standing naked before the cross that’s lying on the floor, resting on the supports above the floorboards. It was waiting for me. I lay down on it, put the soles of my feet on the footrest, and spread out my arms. Dorothea buckled the leather cuffs around my wrists, she always began with my hands, my feet came second. Afterwards, when she took me down from the cross, she’d reverse the procedure - a set ritual ....

Hauling up, accompanied by the loud rattle of the chain that my cousin pulled down and the much slower click the chain that raised up the cross. The noise of Doro’s chain was so loud, yet I always heard the singing of the cross-chain, maybe because I could feel it all through me, those gentle jerks, rick-rick-click-click. Why do we usually refer to sounds that a chain makes with the vowel /i/, in onomatopoeic pseudo-words to express the sound? Rick-rick, click-click, krick-krick. Why not crack-crack or krock-krock? Jerk-jerk, and kleck-kleck? /i/ is a letter that sounds kind of cool and metallic, I decided. I felt a jerk but I heard a click.

Soon the cross was standing upright, I was hanging on it, arms spread, feet side-by-side on the support, firmly held by the brown leather cuffs. I found the cuffs better than ropes. Although it was a wild feeling, being tied up with ropes, experiencing them being pulled and tightened around my ankles and wrists, the closing of the leather cuffs had something too. And in the long term they felt better than bondage with ropes.

So I can endure more, I thought, knowing that the way I was attached to the cross was not all, there were more factors to it. For now, I felt comfortable, I was hanging on the cross and stretched between the leather restraints. When Dorothea turned away after a while to get on with her painting, I felt a new fantasy awaken in my head. I’d been wondering from day to day more and more about myself. Had I actually designed so many scenarios over the years? Yes Lisette, it’s dreams of bondage that make you so creative. In my mind's eye a short feature film was running, from when I was thirteen or fourteen if my mind’s not deceiving me. As usual at my age then, it was played out in a school, or some kind of boarding institution, which was attached to a church. In this school, normal education took place, but there was always much talk about the sins of the world and how Jesus had taken away the sins of the people by letting himself be crucified for the them. It was expected of us that we should follow his example, to show the sinners of the world how they ought to repent. Twice a week, it was mandatory for us to go for an hour on the cross. Each student had to take it upon herself. The school did not normally allow any exemptions. Of course we were not nailed, but tied with ropes.

As a young girl I’d often varied this scenario. Sometimes we hung on crosses on the wall during classes, and it was the custom that from the beginning of a lesson until its end there was always at least one girl on the cross. Then I invented a special room, a kind of ecclesiastically furnished hall in which were many crosses along the walls awaiting us girls. Again it was expected that there would never be a time when all the crosses stood empty at once, from morning to night there always had to be at least one cross occupied. If several girls were crucified together, they could talk when no teachers were there. Each of us had to spend an hour on the cross twice a week, but it was approved, and earnt you merit points in the mark-book, if you spent more time there. There were girls who went every day onto the cross, and some stayed three or four hours. Some very tough ones suffered half or even whole days. In my imagination, I often stood before the crucifixion and looked at the girl as she writhed naked on wood, as she fought against the pain, to atone for the sins of the world, her bound body coated with a thin film of sweat. They danced on the cross, they groaned. gasped and eventually they began to cry. But never, absolutely never, were they permitted to come down ffom the cross! If they’d undertaken to do six hours, they had to keep to it.

I was feeling the effect of my crucifixion. Back then when I had fantasised about the girls who were suffering for the sins of the world on those crosses, I could imagine only vaguely how much it would hurt if you hung really long on the cross. Just bondage - so I thought - but it wouldn’t hurt, the ropes were soft and simply held you tight, it would only hurt if we were nailed. What a mistake! The time factor plays a major role in crucifixion. It struck me again how damnably difficult it will be to endure it. More than once I caught myself begging in my thoughts, cousine, untie me! But I said nothing – my pride forbade my that, but I wanted so much to be released. Then the crisis passed and I was enduring it again easily. I could take the pain and love the cross. A gentle touch on my bare feet. Dorothea was standing down there and looking up at me.

"You all right, Lisette?"

"Yes," I said.

She surprised me - "Do you want to quit? Shall I untie you? "

Chicken out? Get down before the agreed time? Don’t play the fool with me! I shook my head, "No, I’ll do the full three hours."

Doro looked up at me: "Do what you want, Lisette, but don’t say afterwards, I didn’t ask." She stroked over my feet: ".. Man, I can see that it’s troubling you... very well then .... "

She went back to her drawing table. I should have said yes, I thought, it really is hard. Maybe I'm not in good form this morning, what do I know? It's harder than usual! At least so it seems to me. How long have I been crucified? A rhetorical question, I could get no answer either from Doro nor from a clock nor from myself. My sense of time was confused as always when I was on the cross. I felt I’d been hanging on the bar quite a long time, really long, too long. Man, did that hurt! My shoulders! My arms! Even my legs! Ow! I tried hard not to fight it, tried to hang quietly, but I couldn’t. The familiar slow dance on the cross began without any help from me and against my will. Goddess, that was tough! I could stand it no longer, it was impossible, really no way...

"Dorothea!" My voice was tight and shaky. My cousin came to me immediately. Wide-eyed she looked up at me.

"I can’t manage any more, please let me go, Doro."

She looked silently at me and didn’t move.

"Dorot!" I gasped, "please!!!"

She shook her head, "No, Lisette. When I asked you, you didn’t want. Now you’ll have to stick it out until the end."

"But it's not on," I whined. Oh how it hurt, I've got to quit, right now!

"But that’s the way it goes," said my cousin, determined, "Since you have to go through with it, Lisette, I will not set you free. Absolutely not."

"Doro... please," I pleaded. Tears came into my eyes, I was suffering terribly, "Please!!!"

She stood in front of me and looked on, mute. She watched as I wept. She did nothing. She left me hanging on the cross.

"Doro…" plaintively, pleading, begging.

"No, Lisette." She stayed down there and watched as I wept.

"Owww," I said, with a shaky voice, as I fought against the leather cuffs, "Ohhh!" I sucked in my breath between my teeth. Again and again slipped out a whining "Oowwhh!". I was ashamed of my whining but I couldn’t hold it back, I was suffering too much. It’s enough, I thought, three hours are enough. It’s the limit and I stop here. Enough is enough. Stop the nonsense, I’ve over-crossed myself. If I do it in future, only one hour. One hour, that’s nice, arousing, beautiful, one hour of fun, but not three! No! Never again! I was crying, I couldn’t manage to stop it, I wailed. Again and again out came this stupid "Auuuwww!" Between my lips, out it came. I was ashamedat it, I was being a crybaby. No wonder Dorothea wouldn’t help me, such a crybaby doesn’t deserve help. My arms felt like gnarled branches, they seemed to be no part of me any more. I only felt the form of pain, the wood of the cross pressing against my shoulder-blades and my buttocks. Tears were running down my cheeks - crybaby!
Pp has his night-time nectar again. Thank you Eulalia.

Last edited:
As the pulley began to rattle and the cross fell, I was so filled with gratitude that I thought I would float away. Gone, at last! Thank Goodness! I was still crying when my cousin released me. She sat by me and and took me in her arms. "Cry," she said quietly, "you can cry, Lisette. After what you've had to endure, you can cry." She helped me get up, "Come on then, go and take a shower, okay? And then we’ll cycle over to the outdoor pool. You can relax there, swimming will be good for your strained muscles."

So that’s what we did. The pool wasn’t far. It was a bit too cool for the season, but I didn’t care, I ploughed through the water with my body, I splashed and dived. The spasms eased off quickly, I recovered in record time. Of my plan, never, never, never to go for three hours on the cross again, there was nothing left. Of course, I’d do another three hours that very afternoon!

"Just crazy!" said Dorothea when I told her, "I thought, you given up. It was really bad for you, wasn’t it?"

"Yes," I said. "I was suffering like never before…" I spoke with an anxious laugh, "but I liked it."

"Even when you were on the cross?"

I thought. "The whole thing is a bitcomplicated," I said, searching for words, and used the ones I’d read in a book, "I love the idea of the torment and torture. If I have to endure it, I’d do anything to get away. Yet when it's over, I love it again, and the worse the pain and the longer it lasted, the happier and more at ease I am."

"Pauline Réage," said Doro, "that's in ‘The Story of O’. Does it really feel that way? Is it how it is with you?"

I nodded. "Yes. Perhaps even more complicated. If I’m suffering, one part of me wants to get away, but another part is joyfully welcoming the pain. That part can’t get enough!" I proppedrested my head on her hand. " When you whipped me in the forest, it seemed quite mad. I was afraid, Doro, I was afraid of what was coming to me – yet I craved it. While I had to endure your thrashings, I’d have given anything to stop them, but then I was proud and happy to have endured them. That’s the way it is every time. On the cross too. It’s a very special kick, makes me totally euphoric, the harder it is, the greater the euphoria."

"You were so beautiful in your pain." Dorothea's voice was soft, her face took on a dreamy expression, her eyes began to shine.

"When you started to cry, my heart was torn, so beautiful you were, Lisette - I hope you’ll cry every time from now on. You wouldn’t believe what was happening to me when you collapsed…watching you there .... crazy! You were so sweet! It’s a pity that you can’t watch yourself."

We went again into the water. Then Doro took a brochure from her beach-bag, a travel brochure, New Zealand, our favourite topic. Unattainable, unfortunately, even for my cousin with her more than generous pocket money.

"Imagine, we could fly down there for three months after the summer holidays, " she said enthusiastically, "just you and me. We would explore everything., by train, with a car, and on foot. You can enjoy amazing walks there."

"Only that we have to find the missing wherewithal," I said, "otherwise we can’t do any such things."

"Perhaps…" Dorothea looked at me with her feline look, "I do know how we might get to have enough money."

"Like what? With a summer job? You can forget it! There are hardly any, and the pay’s far too. We’d need several thousand euros for a three month trip to New Zealand."

"We could get that together, Lisette," Dorothea's eyes flashed, "You'd have to go up on the cross in front of a paying audience, for a really long stretch."

"Before spectators?" I laughed, "Oh, sure!"

"Don’t just brush it aside, Lis," Doro remained persistent, "it would be feasible. We’d advertise anonymously on the internet. We’d recruit enough people who have the necessary dough, and rent an empty factory, or an old barn, or something like that. Then you'd be crucified naked before the eyes of the audience, and you’d have to endure it for a good long spell. Three hours wouldn’t be enough, that's shilly-shallying. Five or six hours should do the trick for you to make the jump – so they’d experience first hand how you collapse and begin to cry and plead., they’d be able to watch your dance of torment."

"You're batty," I said, blowing a raspberry. Actually, I got hot ears at the thought, imagining the scenario started a tingle it in my fanny, and not a msall one.

"But I'm not razy, Doro! They’d take pics of me and film everything and then the stuff would be all over the internet where all the world can look at it. No thanks, I don’t need that!"

"No, no," cried Dorothy. "It would be strictly controlled."

I had to wonder. Apparently she’d spent quite some time thinking about the matter. "They’d be hand-picked," she said, "only first-rate trusted people would be allowed to come They’d be strictly controlled – we’d have to have a sort of security chamber where they’d be searched.... strip-searched! If a woman has a wig, even that would be searched for mini cameras. They’ll only be allowed to watch, Lisette, videos and photos would betaboo. "

"Oh," I said, frowning, "and then all these folks stand around naked and look at me. Somehow that doesn’t sound very arousing."

Dorothea winked at me: "Only one will be naked, YOU! The others would get costumes once they have passed through the lock, maybe old-fashioned Rococo-style clothes."

Ironic! I glanced at Dorothea's feet. Rococo feet she’s already got!

"How about medieval clothes?" I asked. "They’re easier to obtain and they’re convenient and I find them somehow more appropriate." My heart was pounding, talking about such a crazy idea turned me on. Complete strangers would watch as I was stripped and bound and raised up on the cross. They’d see how I was dancing on the bar, as I started to sweat and whine. They’d see me cry. Maybe I’d completely break down and howl loudly, pleading. And pee! Oh dear! That too. Six hours without a toilet, that’s not possible. And all of this stark naked in front of the eyes of these people. Six hours, my cousin had said, six!

"Think about it," commanded Doro, and gave me a nudge.

"Let's go for another swim, then we’ll have to go home The cross is waiting for you.."

As the pulley began to rattle and the cross fell, I was so filled with gratitude that I thought I would float away. Gone, at last! Thank Goodness! I was still crying when my cousin released me. She sat by me and and took me in her arms. "Cry," she said quietly, "you can cry, Lisette. After what you've had to endure, you can cry." She helped me get up, "Come on then, go and take a shower, okay? And then we’ll cycle over to the outdoor pool. You can relax there, swimming will be good for your strained muscles."

So that’s what we did. The pool wasn’t far. It was a bit too cool for the season, but I didn’t care, I ploughed through the water with my body, I splashed and dived. The spasms eased off quickly, I recovered in record time. Of my plan, never, never, never to go for three hours on the cross again, there was nothing left. Of course, I’d do another three hours that very afternoon!

"Just crazy!" said Dorothea when I told her, "I thought, you given up. It was really bad for you, wasn’t it?"

"Yes," I said. "I was suffering like never before…" I spoke with an anxious laugh, "but I liked it."

"Even when you were on the cross?"

I thought. "The whole thing is a bitcomplicated," I said, searching for words, and used the ones I’d read in a book, "I love the idea of the torment and torture. If I have to endure it, I’d do anything to get away. Yet when it's over, I love it again, and the worse the pain and the longer it lasted, the happier and more at ease I am."

"Pauline Réage," said Doro, "that's in ‘The Story of O’. Does it really feel that way? Is it how it is with you?"

I nodded. "Yes. Perhaps even more complicated. If I’m suffering, one part of me wants to get away, but another part is joyfully welcoming the pain. That part can’t get enough!" I proppedrested my head on her hand. " When you whipped me in the forest, it seemed quite mad. I was afraid, Doro, I was afraid of what was coming to me – yet I craved it. While I had to endure your thrashings, I’d have given anything to stop them, but then I was proud and happy to have endured them. That’s the way it is every time. On the cross too. It’s a very special kick, makes me totally euphoric, the harder it is, the greater the euphoria."

"You were so beautiful in your pain." Dorothea's voice was soft, her face took on a dreamy expression, her eyes began to shine.

"When you started to cry, my heart was torn, so beautiful you were, Lisette - I hope you’ll cry every time from now on. You wouldn’t believe what was happening to me when you collapsed…watching you there .... crazy! You were so sweet! It’s a pity that you can’t watch yourself."

We went again into the water. Then Doro took a brochure from her beach-bag, a travel brochure, New Zealand, our favourite topic. Unattainable, unfortunately, even for my cousin with her more than generous pocket money.

"Imagine, we could fly down there for three months after the summer holidays, " she said enthusiastically, "just you and me. We would explore everything., by train, with a car, and on foot. You can enjoy amazing walks there."

"Only that we have to find the missing wherewithal," I said, "otherwise we can’t do any such things."

"Perhaps…" Dorothea looked at me with her feline look, "I do know how we might get to have enough money."

"Like what? With a summer job? You can forget it! There are hardly any, and the pay’s far too. We’d need several thousand euros for a three month trip to New Zealand."

"We could get that together, Lisette," Dorothea's eyes flashed, "You'd have to go up on the cross in front of a paying audience, for a really long stretch."

"Before spectators?" I laughed, "Oh, sure!"

"Don’t just brush it aside, Lis," Doro remained persistent, "it would be feasible. We’d advertise anonymously on the internet. We’d recruit enough people who have the necessary dough, and rent an empty factory, or an old barn, or something like that. Then you'd be crucified naked before the eyes of the audience, and you’d have to endure it for a good long spell. Three hours wouldn’t be enough, that's shilly-shallying. Five or six hours should do the trick for you to make the jump – so they’d experience first hand how you collapse and begin to cry and plead., they’d be able to watch your dance of torment."

"You're batty," I said, blowing a raspberry. Actually, I got hot ears at the thought, imagining the scenario started a tingle it in my fanny, and not a msall one.

"But I'm not razy, Doro! They’d take pics of me and film everything and then the stuff would be all over the internet where all the world can look at it. No thanks, I don’t need that!"

"No, no," cried Dorothy. "It would be strictly controlled."

I had to wonder. Apparently she’d spent quite some time thinking about the matter. "They’d be hand-picked," she said, "only first-rate trusted people would be allowed to come They’d be strictly controlled – we’d have to have a sort of security chamber where they’d be searched.... strip-searched! If a woman has a wig, even that would be searched for mini cameras. They’ll only be allowed to watch, Lisette, videos and photos would betaboo. "

"Oh," I said, frowning, "and then all these folks stand around naked and look at me. Somehow that doesn’t sound very arousing."

Dorothea winked at me: "Only one will be naked, YOU! The others would get costumes once they have passed through the lock, maybe old-fashioned Rococo-style clothes."

Ironic! I glanced at Dorothea's feet. Rococo feet she’s already got!

"How about medieval clothes?" I asked. "They’re easier to obtain and they’re convenient and I find them somehow more appropriate." My heart was pounding, talking about such a crazy idea turned me on. Complete strangers would watch as I was stripped and bound and raised up on the cross. They’d see how I was dancing on the bar, as I started to sweat and whine. They’d see me cry. Maybe I’d completely break down and howl loudly, pleading. And pee! Oh dear! That too. Six hours without a toilet, that’s not possible. And all of this stark naked in front of the eyes of these people. Six hours, my cousin had said, six!

"Think about it," commanded Doro, and gave me a nudge.

"Let's go for another swim, then we’ll have to go home The cross is waiting for you.."
Pp gets his serving early tonight. He wonders what will eventuate... the schoolmaster caning, Aunty taking photos, public paying to watch Lisette dance. So much to think about.

Back
Top Bottom