What Would You Do?

Go to CruxDreams.com
No! Thessela! How can that be no damage? Let me go! I don't care about your rebel plans. Oh, the blood! The screams. Marcella, Thessela, and the brown haired slave girl. All for what? :(:eek::mad:

After less than an hour filled with the moans, pantings and occasional screams of the three crucified women, a group of horsemen lead by one of my fidel tribunes join the scene. 'Rome is ours! The emperor is dead ! Long live Shastar Caesar, the new Emperor!' I salute as my legionaries cheer and bang their gladii on their shields. I turn to the crowd.
'Now I can safeky release them. Guards, take those women from their crosses. Healers, do your work!'

'It will take some time, but they will recover. Those druidic Gallic remedies are very impressive, you know. I concede my methods were a bit... messy, but this weak and corrupt emperor had to be brought down, whatever the cost.'

The crosses have been lowered now. I approach as the guards remove the nails from the arms and heels of the crucified. 'Thessela, you're free. I'll grant you a reward of 500 Aureus for your... involuntary participation in my success. Barbaria, for your bravery, I hereby make you a Roman Citizen.'
I then kneel besides Lady Marcella. 'Marcella, I re-establish you in all your titles and privilèges. I know you'll never forgive me for what happened. But if there's a nobleman in all the Empire who has the honor of your attention, I promise he will be yours.'
'You see, Loxuru, I think you were right. This will really remain in the history books...'

After less than an hour filled with the moans, pantings and occasional screams of the three crucified women, a group of horsemen lead by one of my fidel tribunes join the scene. 'Rome is ours! The emperor is dead ! Long live Shastar Caesar, the new Emperor!' I salute as my legionaries cheer and bang their gladii on their shields. I turn to the crowd.
'Now I can safeky release them. Guards, take those women from their crosses. Healers, do your work!'

'It will take some time, but they will recover. Those druidic Gallic remedies are very impressive, you know. I concede my methods were a bit... messy, but this weak and corrupt emperor had to be brought down, whatever the cost.'

The crosses have been lowered now. I approach as the guards remove the nails from the arms and heels of the crucified. 'Thessela, you're free. I'll grant you a reward of 500 Aureus for your... involuntary participation in my success. Barbaria, for your bravery, I hereby make you a Roman Citizen.'
I then kneel besides Lady Marcella. 'Marcella, I re-establish you in all your titles and privilèges. I know you'll never forgive me for what happened. But if there's a nobleman in all the Empire who has the honor of your attention, I promise he will be yours.'
'You see, Loxuru, I think you were right. This will really remain in the history books...'
Fairy tale ending??? Can this really be happening on CruxForums? What is the world coming to? Oh my!!!!! :doh:

I wonder if Marcella, Barb, Thessela, or Loxuru think that's what happens in the end.
Phlebas will pack up his lawn chair and go home. RacingRodent has nothing left to keep people's interest long enough to sell beer and sausages.

I think the story of Shastar's rise to power is interesting, but with respect to Shastar, that's not the main theme of this story, I think. This is Marcella's story.

More than that, the rescue of the girls feels a bit out of place - too miraculous. Yes, Shastar can become emperor, but that's still a side plot. The central interest is Marcella on her cross, and the story wants her to hang there and die (but not too fast). It wants more women crucified, so it takes Barb and then Thessela. That's how Marcella started it. This is a tragedy and a fantasy. It wants no happy ending. That's why Loxuru had to charge in and then be captured. He could be crucified himself, but he can't rescue them. That's why Jolly had to be disarmed and taken captive. He couldn't rescue Thessela. It doesn't work.

Marcella, Barb, and Thessela all know this. If we start rescuing people, or actually stop crucifixions when they say "why!?" or "No! Please!", then we shatter the fantasy and emotion that the story demands.

Back to Marcella's track:
Shastar becomes emperor, but he and his boisterous men go charging off to Rome to celebrate, perhaps to pillage and cause more havoc. You need not waste time on these women - in Rome, women don't mean that much anyway. You leave them on the crosses - they have played their part in your rise to greatness and they are unimportant now - their hope that you'll spare them swept away, their hope in rescue trickling away like the blood running down their arms. Now they just have each other on the cross - Marcella, Thessela, and Barb - three "sisters" enduring the same fate.

The rest of us are left standing there, watching. What do we do, as Marcella asked.

I wonder if Marcella, Barb, Thessela, or Loxuru think that's what happens in the end.
Phlebas will pack up his lawn chair and go home. RacingRodent has nothing left to keep people's interest long enough to sell beer and sausages.

I think the story of Shastar's rise to power is interesting, but with respect to Shastar, that's not the main theme of this story, I think. This is Marcella's story.

More than that, the rescue of the girls feels a bit out of place - too miraculous. Yes, Shastar can become emperor, but that's still a side plot. The central interest is Marcella on her cross, and the story wants her to hang there and die (but not too fast). It wants more women crucified, so it takes Barb and then Thessela. That's how Marcella started it. This is a tragedy and a fantasy. It wants no happy ending. That's why Loxuru had to charge in and then be captured. He could be crucified himself, but he can't rescue them. That's why Jolly had to be disarmed and taken captive. He couldn't rescue Thessela. It doesn't work.

Marcella, Barb, and Thessela all know this. If we start rescuing people, or actually stop crucifixions when they say "why!?" or "No! Please!", then we shatter the fantasy and emotion that the story demands.

Shastar becomes emperor, but he and his boisterous men go charging off to Rome to celebrate, perhaps to pillage and cause more havoc. You need not waste time on these women - in Rome, women don't mean that much anyway. You leave them on the crosses - they have played their part in your rise to greatness and they are unimportant now - their hope that you'll spare them swept away, their hope in rescue trickling away like the blood running down their arms. Now they just have each other on the cross - Marcella, Thessela, and Barb - three "sisters" enduring the same fate.

The rest of us are left standing there, watching. What do we do, as Marcella asked.
Easy answer ... You do what any good CFer should do ... You cheer us on, and lay bets on how long we will last :p:D

Of course, you're perfectly right. I was initially planning to end my part of the story like you suggest, but I think I got a little bit 'stuck in my own plot' :doh: Sorry for that...

Of course, you're perfectly right. I was initially planning to end my part of the story like you suggest, but I think I got a little bit 'stuck in my own plot' :doh: Sorry for that...

Oh I don't know. You did some really good work. Nice writing and great historical detailing. I just wasn't keen on being saved, that's all.:p

Sometimes the story goes in a direction we don't plan, or the characters move the action in ways we didn't intend. That's how it works :) Don't fight it is my advice, no need to apologise.

Such pain, I can't help creaming.

Very interesting typo there, or is it a Freudian slip :D

I think that's a great twist in the tail/ tale - like an initiation,
the girls think they're doomed to ghastly death, get saved at the last moment,
and of course are intensely grateful to their captor and fiercely loyal to him ever after! :devil:

Now what the.... cross gets raised, cross is taken down, cross gets raised again?:confused:
Make up your mind, magistrate!

Now what do you guys want? Where are these pila for? Why are you threatening me? Do you have a licence to carry these things? You may hurt someone, you know!
Hey! Wait a minute, where are you taking me to!? I protest! You do not have the right! Arrest me? For what? I want an answer! I warn you guys! I know important people in Atuatuca! I guarantee this will cost your job! Ambiorix is a friend of mine! I want an attorney! I don't care attorney's are not yet invented in Roman times! Hey! Take your hands off me! You cannot crucify me here! This is a thread in 'Crucified Women'! Do you hear!? This is Marcella's thread! Stop it, I tell you!

I don't care attorney's are not yet invented in Roman times!
don't you believe it - by the time Moses got down from Mount Sinai,
there were already lawyers finding ways to twist the law and make a bag of shekels from it! :p :devil:

don't you believe it - by the time Moses got down from Mount Sinai,
there were already lawyers finding ways to twist the law and make a bag of shekels from it
As long as there have been laws, there have been law scolars. I was rather broadly referring to our today's court system with independent judges and prosecutors. As far as I found out, in Rome, public officersacted as magistrate when needed, and there were no defense attorneys properly.

For me it does not matter anymore. I am the first condemned to death under the new Emperor. And for me neither humane crucifixion nor taking down. I am thirsty! Where is the Rodent with his beer? He is never around when you need him!:mad:

My rebellion is over.
Back to you, Marcella!

As long as there have been laws, there have been law scolars. I was rather broadly referring to our today's court system with independent judges and prosecutors. As far as I found out, in Rome, public officersacted as magistrate when needed, and there were no defense attorneys properly.

For me it does not matter anymore. I am the first condemned to death under the new Emperor. And for me neither humane crucifixion nor taking down. I am thirsty! Where is the Rodent with his beer? He is never around when you need him!:mad:

My rebellion is over.
Back to you, Marcella!

I left some Belgian beer behind before I left. Have a drink for me before you get nailed ! :beer: :devil:

I wanted to explore the topic of how the crowd of spectators might interact with someone who is crucified. This is another spin-off of Hasturan's Decadence thread. He has been so wonderful in creating a series of incredible images depicting my crucifixion fantasy. I didn't want to clutter up his thread with my off-topic meanderings.

So, here I am, all nicely crucified:
View attachment 377892 View attachment 377893 View attachment 377894 The executioner's have done a good job, haven't they?

To set this up:

Early in the morning you heard the news that there was to be a crucifixion. Or perhaps you caught sight of the procession as I'm marched through the streets to the execution grounds. You follow, as do many others interested in seeing a young woman crucified. This isn't an everyday event. The fact that I'm quite attractive increases the public's interest in my awful plight.

Arriving at the execution site, you watch as I'm stripped of my few tattered remnants of clothing. I am displayed to you now, naked and trembling. There's blood between my thighs. You all know I've been raped. There are other sign that I've been tortured.

I'm not at all stoic. I am begging and sobbing for mercy. "I'm innocent." I cry out. "Oh, please don't do this to me!" You hear my cries for mercy, then my screams of agony as I'm nailed to my cross.

The crowd gathers even more spectators. I am elevated, screaming and writhing, swearing in a most unlady-like manner. More people arrive, anxious to see a young woman on her cross.

For me, all he terrible drama and impending horror of being crucified is over. I'm hanging naked on my cross and enduring the unimaginable agonies and humiliation that attend to that.

I scream, I writhe, I moan. All parts of my body are exposed. I am sure I lose control of my bodily functions at some point, especially if I'm hanging for hours, or even days!!:eek:

I am in my own little world of agony. This is my life now.

Hasturan shows me being given water as my executioners attend to me. I'm not being allowed to die too quickly. Oh no. Who would want that to happen?!

In my fantasies about enduring crucifixion I imagine myself looking down at all of you near my cross.

Now, how do you, the spectator, or if you are someone minding me as I die, interact with me as I hang? I mean, I'm not going anywhere, am I? What would you do as I'm marched through the streets. What would you do if you had the time to watch a poor young woman die on her cross? Especially one as pretty and desirable as I?:p;) Go ahead, think about. How would you, as a man, or you, as a woman interact with me.

What would you do? I wonder????;) (And I hope you are wondering about it too!:D)
Hopefully, Id get to help nail you up.

Back
Top Bottom