Dying of cold on the cross

Go to CruxDreams.com

Alinaria

Spectator
My mind keeps wondering, how would it feel to die of cold on the cross when executed during winter time. I don't think there's a lot of art dedicated to snowy crucifixions?
I wonder, how long would it take for me to succumb to the cold when crucified, with temperature around, let's say, 5 or 10 degrees C... and what sensations will it bring...

My mind keeps wondering, how would it feel to die of cold on the cross when executed during winter time. I don't think there's a lot of art dedicated to snowy crucifixions?
I wonder, how long would it take for me to succumb to the cold when crucified, with temperature around, let's say, 5 or 10 degrees C... and what sensations will it bring...
This was my attempt at answering that question. https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/vignettes-from-the-slave-pits.6949/page-8#post-506756

If you are interested in a tale about a crucifixion in a cold and snowy landscape, I can recommend one of my stories: A Tradition to Keep

As I like thinking about the modern execution methods, I imagine a winter prison yard, concrete covered with snow powder, with three crosses, hydraulically erected, now horizontal... Three women, including myself, are led out into the cold, in prison scrubs and a miserable t-shirt on a freezing day as I try to fold my bare arms to give them a little extra warmth. The frost has accumulated on the crosses. The first condemned is led towards the crosses. With me being the third, I will have to endure seeing the other too being crucified in front of me... "All clothes off!" - an order sounds... A girl looks at the guard in shock, quietly asking something... he answers, also quietly, and she starts undressing. With quick, jerky movements she is taking her clothes off and dropping them under her feet...

As I like thinking about the modern execution methods, I imagine a winter prison yard, concrete covered with snow powder, with three crosses, hydraulically erected, now horizontal... Three women, including myself, are led out into the cold, in prison scrubs and a miserable t-shirt on a freezing day as I try to fold my bare arms to give them a little extra warmth. The frost has accumulated on the crosses. The first condemned is led towards the crosses. With me being the third, I will have to endure seeing the other too being crucified in front of me... "All clothes off!" - an order sounds... A girl looks at the guard in shock, quietly asking something... he answers, also quietly, and she starts undressing. With quick, jerky movements she is taking her clothes off and dropping them under her feet...
More please!! :devil:

I think it might be worth it to gather up some images of crucifixion in the cold, for inspiration…

As you command

a nice one to start, she still seems animated enough to arch from the cross, but her nips must be numb by now
072_1000.jpg

the ever reliable Xena
Xena_and_Gabrielle_Cross.jpgd8sv58-5fcf6d0e-b05f-4683-aa5d-9a0e9797d35f.jpgtiom148.jpg

and reimagined
0040.jpg0046.jpgCrux Hill Rome-Xena.jpg

Bob has given us this one
Esprit de Makar 750.jpg

A few from Gerd here
icecold_crux_1.jpg

and I know there are others.

Is it better to be crucified naked in the cold or the heat? I would think that cold would numb the nerves and dampen the pain, while exposure to the hot sun would cause excruciating burns.

As you command

a nice one to start, she still seems animated enough to arch from the cross, but her nips must be numb by now
View attachment 1185924

the ever reliable Xena
View attachment 1185937View attachment 1185938View attachment 1185936

and reimagined
View attachment 1185939View attachment 1185940View attachment 1185941

Bob has given us this one
View attachment 1185944

A few from Gerd here
View attachment 1185947

and I know there are others.

Is it better to be crucified naked in the cold or the heat? I would think that cold would numb the nerves and dampen the pain, while exposure to the hot sun would cause excruciating burns.
Better in the cold, the pain runs deeper! And as the slave becomes hyperthermic, heat it up using hot irons! Much more fun!

In another episode, Xena was crucified in pouring rain ("When Fates Collide"). She definitely chooses her days!:rolleyes::paraguas:
View attachment 1186013
I’ll bet the cast and crew were thrilled when they first saw the words “pouring rain” in the script! (Perhaps it was in fine print)

And talking of @Barbaria1 , I remember when she was crucified in the rain, it was awesome

Back
Top Bottom