Favorite CF members

Go to CruxDreams.com

poem21045

Tribunus Plebis
I’ve “met” so many truly great folks on this site, I thought we should hand out some compliments to our favorite people.

I will start with these three ( although I may add more later—so many names come to mind!):

@Barbaria1 --such a friendly, positive lady. Wonderful sense of humor, with themes, even (“tight little” the Riesling thing, whipping others who tease, etc.). And a prolific writer! CF would be a much more somber place were she not here.

@Apostate --early on (I've been here since 2005), I felt he was a kindred spirit, in intellect and crux preferences. I remember he was the first to thank me for posting a short vid of one of Makar’s ladies. Those little pleasantries mean a lot, I think, and Apostate is a gracious man.

@Wragg --a wonderful manager of the CF site (all the managers are great, actually, including those above). Wragg has been very patient with my questions about CF workings and my own complaints and suggestions about the site. He is an arbiter, a diplomat, and a solution-seeker. And he possesses a wonderfully kind tone and approach to people.

If this thread has any traction, I may list more later. If not, at least I hope the three above know that they are appreciated.

Anyone care to add their favorite(s)?

Yes, that's very kind of you to say so, @poem21045! It's nice to be appreciated, but the moderators work as a team, I'm just a wee cog ;)
the Riesling thing
You do know where she gets her Riesling from, yes? My wine cellar! :mad:
a tremendously long list.
Yes, the site is jammed with excellent people, present company included! I wouldn't know where to begin.... :oops:

I could mention some of my favorites, but then I would do all my other favorites harm by forgetting to mention them. There are so many good artists here, all able to touch me, I better honour all of you.

@Barbaria1 --such a friendly, positive lady. Wonderful sense of humor, with themes, even (“tight little” the Riesling thing, whipping others who tease, etc.). And a prolific writer! CF would be a much more somber place were she not here.

Very kind. Thanks for that … but I’d like to redirect everyone’s attention to the uniqueness of this place and its friendly community.

I’ve been here now for eleven years and counting, and I love the site and the many friends I’ve made here. CruxForums is truly a very special place that accepts and accommodates a wide range of interests, and provides a platform for both writers and artists to share their talents. We’re free here to be serious or quirky, to learn from others or simply lose ourself in banter or silliness. What a place!

And I might add that if you’d like to steep yourself in the “lore” of the place, and haven’t done so already, take some time to check out the “Official CruxForums Lexicon”.

https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/the-crux-forums-lexicon.11226/

Oh, and just a reminder … CruxForums depends on the generosity of its members to pay the bills and keep our site going. So, for those who are able and would like to help, please consider donating.

I’ve “met” so many truly great folks on this site, I thought we should hand out some compliments to our favorite people.

I will start with these three ( although I may add more later—so many names come to mind!):

@Apostate --early on (I've been here since 2005), I felt he was a kindred spirit, in intellect and crux preferences. I remember he was the first to thank me for posting a short vid of one of Makar’s ladies. Those little pleasantries mean a lot, I think, and Apostate is a gracious man.

@Wragg --a wonderful manager of the CF site (all the managers are great, actually, including those above). Wragg has been very patient with my questions about CF workings and my own complaints and suggestions about the site. He is an arbiter, a diplomat, and a solution-seeker. And he possesses a wonderfully kind tone and approach to people.

If this thread has any traction, I may list more later. If not, at least I hope the three above know that they are appreciated.

Anyone care to add their favorite(s)?
My favorites are the three above plus @bobinder @Hugin&Munin and @Eulalia @captivecuties is another one

Let's award big bouquets to two without whom there'd be no CruxForums -

@ImageMaker co-founder, site owner, manager of all our vital infrastructure.

flower1

@Madiosi who, since sad goings-on in the world outside posed a big problem, has kept our finances in order, collecting in funds (thanks to all who support in this way) and paying the bills.

flower1

Well, I'm not going to be jealous and I'd like to say a big thank you to all those who manage this wonderful site on a daily basis. Keep up the good work.
A good time to appreciate individual members is on their birthdays, via the 'Members Birthdays' thread.

(Hint: Vindex' birthday is on September 13th ;) )

Back
Top Bottom