I Will Be Dropping Off For A While .................

Go to CruxDreams.com
I have a houseguest arriving Monday 12/6 and leaving Thursday. I will only be here sporadically during that time.
Darn American dates, my first thought was “why is this thread in the “new” list when PrPr is announcing an absence in June?

I hope you have happy days and will miss you but Thursday/Friday is not very far away!

Darn American dates, my first thought was “why is this thread in the “new” list when PrPr is announcing an absence in June?

I hope you have happy days and will miss you but Thursday/Friday is not very far away!
I thought he meant the twelfth of June as well. Anyway good luck @Praefectus Praetorio and remember houseguests are like fish: they go off after a couple of days.

I thought he meant the twelfth of June as well. Anyway good luck @Praefectus Praetorio and remember houseguests are like fish: they go off after a couple of days.
Which begs the question..... which of us is backwards?:thinking:

You do realize that we have to drive according to which side they put put our steering wheels on. Not our fault really.
Perhaps America got accidentally rotated through the fourth dimension so that it is now a mirror image of itself. In which case you all really drive on the left, you just don’t realise it. :confused:

You do realize that we have to drive according to which side they put put our steering wheels on. Not our fault really.
Hmmm, I beg to differ
Perhaps America got accidentally rotated through the fourth dimension so that it is now a mirror image of itself. In which case you all really drive on the left, you just don’t realise it. :confused:
Sounds very likely, Americans can seem very strange at times, unlike sensible upside down people like me!

It may interest both of you to know that there’s one place in the USA where they drive on the left hand side- The US Virgin Islands. It is a strange quirk presumably leftover from when the USA took these possessions of the British (noting this is a huge oversimplification as the individual islands were variously owned by different empires, and not necessarily as an entire group, so they weren’t taken as one job lot, St Croix, for example, was formerly a Danish colony)

Even more weirdly, they drive in the left using standard American left-hand steering (LHS) cars! So you sit in the gutter side as you drive.

Also, in both the USA and over here (plus I’m pretty sure also I tge IK and NZ) we can import opposite drive cars and easily register them if over 25 years old. One sees quite a few LHS American muscle cars over here like this. And it’s not entirely one way- Americans can do the same for classic Australian cars, I do know of several Commodore Utes (which are uniquely Australian- back when we actually had a car manufacturing industry) that have been imported with RHS intact to the US. It is also quite common for Americans to import older Japanese models as RHS, such as old Skylines and Celicas.

Or it was our cousins across both ponds who accidentally passed through that 4th dimension..... and are in reality driving on the right hand side of the road and don't realize it.

Or we both passed through that fourth dimension at the same time and created two opposite mirror images, which in fact means that we are both driving on the wrong side of the road.

:D

Back
Top Bottom