Interested in 3D Printed BDSM Scenes

Go to CruxDreams.com
It's pretty easy to 3D print scenes created in Daz Studio. You'll likely run into problems with the hair though, as hair has very complex geometry that messes with the slicer software leading to all kinds of bizarre and unpredictable results. It is possible using various 3D tools to simplify the hair geometry to the point where it can be printed though my own experience with this is that it's sometimes easier to remove the hair from the model before printing and then add it to the finished model by hand-sculpting using some form of epoxy putty, such as Milliput or Kneadatite (aka Green Stuff)

Wow Daz Studio looks interesting
It's pretty easy to 3D print scenes created in Daz Studio. You'll likely run into problems with the hair though, as hair has very complex geometry that messes with the slicer software leading to all kinds of bizarre and unpredictable results. It is possible using various 3D tools to simplify the hair geometry to the point where it can be printed though my own experience with this is that it's sometimes easier to remove the hair from the model before printing and then add it to the finished model by hand-sculpting using some form of epoxy putty, such as Milliput or Kneadatite (aka Green Stuff)

Now I have to figure out how to add bonds / crosses and such. : )
There's an enormous amount of props and accessories out there for Daz Studio, but a lot of it is commercial product that has to be purchased, and some of it is expensive. Having said that, there's still a ton of free stuff out there, of varying quality. Needless to say, as a general rule, the commercial stuff tends to be of higher quality than most of the free stuff, but there are exceptions on both sides of this equation - it's quite possible to find free content that's extremely good, and equally possible to end up paying for complete crap.

Then of course there's the counter-argument that this is the internet and absolutely everything is free is you know where to look for it - I'm not condoning it, but let's keep it real here. But please don't ask for links to the piRatEd conteNt as obviously I cannot post them in here, as the moDERatorS would be unhappy and almosT certAinly deleTE my post :)

But yeah Daz is a whole lot of fun and although the lerarning curve can be steep, especially for the more advanced features, basic character posing and rendering is pretty easy and you can produce some very good results with quite minimal effort but as your skill set improves, you'll find that you'll be wanting to create even more complex scenes pretty soon.
Good luck :)

Ye
View attachment 1480885 Thanks for the detailed reply. I might take this character I made into blender, add some bars or rope or something and give it a print try. I know the hair will be problematic, but a bald girl looks weird too.
Yeah bald is much easier for 3D printing but then you have to make the hair somehow. Like I said, for small models I use epoxy putty but you can use doll hair for larger models.

Some Daz hair prints better than others. In general, anything that uses dforce technology is going to be a nightmare, while a lot of others use alpha channel transparency for rendering, but would print as a collection of solid cubes :(

I've had decent results from using hairpieces designed for ancient versions of Poser, as their geometry was very much simpler, but there's very few styles to choose from in that range.

To print from Daz the best way is to export your scene as a .OBJ file, which will allow you to edit each part of the model individually in Blender or some other 3D software. Also, Cura and other slicing software can import .OBJ files, not just .STL which is a much more limited format. You can save the hairpiece (plus the head) and load this as a single model into Cura and use the Layer View option to determine how it will print. This way you can avoid wasted filament, time and energy by picking a hairpiece that can be printed correctly.

In general, simple styles are easier to print - complex, frizzy hair is going to give you nightmares, whereas a simple bob or ponytail is more likely to work, but it's always worth checking the layer view to make sure before you go for an actual print.

Ye

Yeah bald is much easier for 3D printing but then you have to make the hair somehow. Like I said, for small models I use epoxy putty but you can use doll hair for larger models.

Some Daz hair prints better than others. In general, anything that uses dforce technology is going to be a nightmare, while a lot of others use alpha channel transparency for rendering, but would print as a collection of solid cubes :(

I've had decent results from using hairpieces designed for ancient versions of Poser, as their geometry was very much simpler, but there's very few styles to choose from in that range.

To print from Daz the best way is to export your scene as a .OBJ file, which will allow you to edit each part of the model individually in Blender or some other 3D software. Also, Cura and other slicing software can import .OBJ files, not just .STL which is a much more limited format. You can save the hairpiece (plus the head) and load this as a single model into Cura and use the Layer View option to determine how it will print. This way you can avoid wasted filament, time and energy by picking a hairpiece that can be printed correctly.

In general, simple styles are easier to print - complex, frizzy hair is going to give you nightmares, whereas a simple bob or ponytail is more likely to work, but it's always worth checking the layer view to make sure before you go for an actual print.
Thanks for the detailed response and ideas! I'm running my first print now and working on my 2nd model. I created basic female in Daz, then export as obj, bring into Blender to create the support structure. I'll post a picture of my print when it's done. Here's my model for now. 1717688240385.png

Thanks for the detailed response and ideas! I'm running my first print now and working on my 2nd model. I created basic female in Daz, then export as obj, bring into Blender to create the support structure. I'll post a picture of my print when it's done. Here's my model for now. View attachment 1482318
Looking good so far

Back
Top Bottom