My Favourite Music

Go to CruxDreams.com
I knew it! My sarcasm detector never fails. :rolleyes: Stand by for my “Favourite Pies and Pastries” thread!:p
And why not! But do post some of your favourite music. Seriously, when I was virtually paralysed for three weeks last Sept and really alone, this tablet and Youtube were the only things that kept me sane. Much more brilliant music to come..not to mention films.

There are to many to mention. I surely like ballads, and so I gave one of the bests, which hunted me in my 20s...

Naturally all what Dimitry Tiomkin made is great (look up the high and the mighty), but my life feeling is best expressed by a English traditional....

Thanks for those, @Heineudo , @dfg42 and @Darkprincess69 . I’ve a lot of music to explore now. That last song “Lady in Black” is one I’ve never listened to before now and it’s very rare that I like a piece of music the first time I hear it but that is one I really like.

Another piece of music that transfixed me upon hearing it for the first time was Ballade pour Adeline, a 1977 instrumental by Richard Clayderman. It was however composed by Paul de Senneville as a tribute to his new born daughter. A friend of ours who is a classical musician says she doesn’t like Andre Rieu because he is too much of a showman. I say that she’s missing the point which is that he’s celebrating music with the magnificent costumes his orchestra wears and the humour he often injects into the show. We really must see one of his concerts even if it costs the earth. Here is “Ballade pour Adeline” played at his Vienna concert with the gifted Stephanie Detry on piano.

I run a small fan based music group on Facebook for mainly a Generation X demographic.

I have no idea if you’d like this musical style, so I’ll start with this poppy sounding song by my favourite Australian band, Spiderbait. More well known for their excellent and heavy cover of “Black Betty”.
Here’s “Glockenpop” and despite the pop sound the lyrics are purely anti pop

@Loinclothslave Only an Australian group could possibly be called Spiderbait...and here is Black Betty..it's good!

2 years ago
So, an african woman named Betty walked into the store and asked if they had beef The Butcher replied "No, Black Betty Ham or Lamb".................don't blame me for that joke!
Here's the original from years ago...

“Original” by Ram Jam is still arguably a cover

the song is actually much older, it’s origin was a work/war song from I think the Civil War… black Betty from Birmingham was a cannon!
Probably true, but made Ram Jam a 'one hit wonder' when it came out on MTV back when MTV was all music videos...

To the dungeon with you, Loinclothslave, and take that cloth off! Your ass is to be flogged!!!!

Here's the original from years ago...
Yeah I remember the Ram Jam version as it got to No.7 in the UK singles chart back in 1977 (when I was just 12) That was the year that Elvis died, and subsequently went on to have a bunch of hits shortly afterwards. Personally, I never liked Elvis, but there were some great songs out that year, starting off in January '77 with Smokie's "Living Next Door To Alice" (now immotralised by Roy "Chubby" Brown, but yeah...), Julie Covington's version of "Don't Cry For Me Argentina", from the original stage production of Evita, "When I Need You" by Leo Sayer, Heatwave's "Boogie Nights", Manhattan Transfer's "Chanson D'Amour", The very entertaining "You're Moving Out Today" by Carole Bayer-Seger, The equally enjoyable "Telephone Man" by Meri Wilson, The criminally underrated "Put Your Love In Me" by Hot Chocolate, and "Magic Fly" by Space.

To name just a few memorable ones

Yeah, this one definitely deserves to get more airplay than it ever did back then;

Back
Top Bottom