Passings...

Go to CruxDreams.com
"Rumms" is a German onomatopoeic synonym for "Bang" - for example in Donald-Duck-Comics, when something heavy is falling down - and "Feld" is "field", so I remember a placard and posters from German pacifist demonstrations with sentences like this following one from the "great times" of Donald because of his German name "Rumsfeld" from Lower Saxony:
"Wir wollen keinen RUMS in keinem FELD!" (= "We don't want any BANG in any FIELD !" )

Italian singrer, actress and TV presenter Raffaella Carra (1943-2021).

rc1.jpgShe tried to seduce Frank Sinatra in Von Ryan's Express (1966).

rc2.jpg But Trevor Howard thought differently about it.

rc3.jpg Making her travel in this not so unattractive pose (at least to the taste of us, CF members).

She had a minor hit record in the 70's.
I forget what it was called. :(
It was caled "Do it again with love" and reached No.9 in the UK singles chart in 1978. It was her only UK hit record so over here she remains classed as a one-hit wonder.
I bought the single and fantasised about doing it again with love, with her :p

His typical "Schlager"-songs of the early Sixties in Germany - Bill Ramsey was a real entertaining star in Germany with not so really great but also not so bad songs and his attractiveness for the Germans was that a friendly and comical US-American soldier was singing in relatively good German, when the girls in the background were sometimes very relevant for the success of the songs.

"Pigalle is the big mousetrap of Paris":

"There's the Girl with the exciting walk":

His typical "Schlager"-songs of the early Sixties in Germany - Bill Ramsey was a real entertaining star in Germany with not so really great but also not so bad songs and his attractiveness for the Germans was that a friendly and comical US-American soldier was singing in relatively good German, when the girls in the background were sometimes very relevant for the success of the songs.

"Pigalle is the big mousetrap of Paris":

"There's the Girl with the exciting walk":

Never heard of him. Really sorry I haven't.

Vielen dank, SW.

Yes, when I was a child, I often heard him, on RIAS (radio in the American sector), but also on other stations that were not wanted in the GDR, such as Bavarian or Hessian radio.

pic_cfe276b3fc9c0ab8f1a28bc074334bd4.jpg
Jivan Gasparyan, an Armenian musician and composer, an outstanding master of playing the duduk, has died.

"It is with deep pain that I write about my great loss. May God rest your soul in heaven, " Gasparyan Jr. wrote. The maestro died at the age of 93. The cause of his death was not disclosed.

Jivan Gasparyan was born on October 12, 1928 in the village of Sulak, Armenian SSR. At the age of six, he began to play the duduk independently. Subsequently, he became one of the most famous performers of music on this instrument. He was the author of soundtracks for many Hollywood films, including: "The Last Temptation of Christ", "Gladiator", "The Da Vinci Code", "The Chronicles of Narnia" and others.

In 1978, Gasparyan was awarded the title of "People's Artist of the Armenian SSR". He was also the winner of the American Golden Globe Award, worked with such famous musicians as Lionel Richie, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Hans Zimmer, Brian May. In recent years, the performer has lived in the United States.

I know his name was mentioned on the forum, I'm also a fan of his duduk.

Hello, ladies and gentlemen.

I was surfing on Xhamster again yesterday and, by chance, came across the video where I learnt of Amber's passing. Her death was talked about by several commenters, but the one that got into a more detailed point was this user:

https://xhamster.com/videos/where-can-i-find-more-of-this-video-9856825#comment-100062409

She claimed to be a former moderator for Chamber of the Bells (Amber's Yahoo Group) and that she learnt of Amber's death from Amber's husband several years back (not recently as I learned around a month ago). I am of the mind that the news is, unfortunately, true. So, I'm here to know if you think we should go on ahead with Amber's memorial thread.

P.S. Please feel free to click on the link. If it does not work, let me know.

I was surfing on Xhamster again yesterday and, by chance, came across the video where I learnt of Amber's passing. Her death was talked about by several commenters, but the one that got into a more detailed point was this user:

https://xhamster.com/videos/where-can-i-find-more-of-this-video-9856825#comment-100062409

She claimed to be a former moderator for Chamber of the Bells (Amber's Yahoo Group) and that she learnt of Amber's death from Amber's husband several years back (not recently as I learned around a month ago). I am of the mind that the news is, unfortunately, true. So, I'm here to know if you think we should go on ahead with Amber's memorial thread.

Hi. As you can see I've moved your thread to Announcements. I can change the title to Amber Memorial if you wish.

Bridgette77 is one of those reporting Amber’s death

1A754C43-DFC6-4CA0-A4C4-48646E11596C.png

and I remember her as one of the old Yahoo crux gang. So I think Amber's passing is as confirmed as can be on the Web.

Bridgette77 is one of those reporting Amber’s death

View attachment 1028919

and I remember her as one of the old Yahoo crux gang. So I think Amber's passing is as confirmed as can be on the Web.
Very sorry to hear of her passing. I can well remember the first time I saw her photos some 20 years ago. She made quite an impression.
2078554448.jpg

Back
Top Bottom