PNG - JPG

Go to CruxDreams.com
Microsoft paint does the job. File- save as..... also possible to use for downsizing.

You could try irfanview ( a free program) as well. It can do both tasks.

I use GIMP to convert images. It's really quick using the "Export to" function. It also reduces the images when converting. You can also use the "Simple Image Reducer". However, my computer runs Linux.

this programm is free aand it can do a lot of other things
Another free photo converter/editor is FastStone Image Viewer. It allows you to resize, crop, convert (recognizes most web and photo formats including jpg, png, webp, gif, etc.) It will also allow you to convert and rename groups of photos. Very easy to use.
https://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

AND YOU KNOW THIS ONE IS GOOD, BECAUSE IT'S ENDORSED BY ME. GET IT TODAY - IT'S THE LAST IMAGE VIEWER YOU'LL EVER NEED (PROVIDED YOU GET PERIODIC UPDATES, OF COURSE, AND IT DOESN'T GET DISCONTINUED, WHICH FACE IT, IN THE PERSPECTIVE OF ETERNITY, IT WILL. IT'S REALLY A QUESTION OF WHO GOES FIRST, YOU OR THE SOFTWARE, EH? SORRY, I'M TOLD THAT WAS PERHAPS A JOKE IN BAD TASTE).

BUT FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE IT'S FINE. THUMBS UP FROM YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBOURHOOD REAPER.

FASTSTONE - THE IMAGE VIEWER/CONVERTER OF DEATH!!
Death-043.jpg
(Nobody was paid anything for this review. He doesn't even understand money, you know.)

Microsoft paint does the job. File- save as..... also possible to use for downsizing.

You could try irfanview ( a free program) as well. It can do both tasks.

I've been using Irfanview since it came out 28 years ago, it's a very handy tool for viewing, converting, batch jobs etc. It's not a full scale graphics app but it does provide some basic filters, and it will let you batch convert to jpg and even set a maximum file size.

I have Photoshop 7.0 but a good free program I would recommend for converting, resizing and viewing images is “IrfanView”
Well after Photoshop CS3 all next edition were a bit baroque in terms of possibilities: too many tools that duplicated functions and supposed to made work easier... but actually unused. I haven't used anything newer since version CS3 because I didn't see the need. There are certainly many programs perfectly suited to specific purposes, Photoshop is too extensive for most modern applications.

Well after Photoshop CS3 all next edition were a bit baroque in terms of possibilities: too many tools that duplicated functions and supposed to made work easier... but actually unused. I haven't used anything newer since version CS3 because I didn't see the need. There are certainly many programs perfectly suited to specific purposes, Photoshop is too extensive for most modern applications.
The version of Photoshop I have does everything I need and although it may be a simpler version it still takes a while to get your head around, at least it did with me. The annoying thing about the latest version is that you can’t buy it outright; you can only get it on a subscription basis and I’m not doing that.

In my case, I didn't have any choice in this matter since I'm on Linux. Before I ditched Win98 sometime in the early 2000s, I had used PaintShopPro, and I switched to the only viable image editing application on Linux, which was GIMP.

The good part is, however, that practically everything is free on Linux, and you don't have to download applications to install. I use Darktable for postprocessing and JPEG conversion of the renders I make with Krita AI.

I use Photoshop, not only to resize images and/or convert images before posting but also to resize texture maps, to be able to create scenes with multiple characters.
It has a script feature that allows converting and resizing of several images in a matter of seconds.

I use Photoshop, not only to resize images and/or convert images before posting but also to resize texture maps, to be able to create scenes with multiple characters.
It has a script feature that allows converting and resizing of several images in a matter of seconds.
It is good way, Photoshop is the best for dtp and working on photos. Is not the best for creative working.

Recommend a website/program where you can convert images from PNG to IPG and also reduce the size as required by the forum, pls.
I use ACDSee32 - a Windows program dating from the mid 90s - it runs perfectly on pretty much anything (including under WINE in Linux, which is how I use it). It can convert PNG to JPG (and other formats) and also reduces file size if you have a large JPG (>400Kb), use the Convert function to "convert" the JPG to a JPG and you can specify the JPG quality setting and this can reduce the file size a fair bit - I use that all the time when I post in here.

Despit this application being around 30 years old now it's still very useful. The only downside is that these days you won't be able to legitimately get an activation code for it - unless you ask me really nicely of course :D

ACDSee32 - version 2.3 (later versions have ads and that's unacceptable)

You can get it here;

Back
Top Bottom