Poll--Were you raised Catholic?

Go to CruxDreams.com
Sounds like an amazing game. Can you elaborate?
Well, not much to elaborate really, it was just acting out what we imagined slaves had to do - and while we took turns, I found I enjoyed being the slave rather than being one of the slave-drivers. I don't think I was the only one among my friends who felt that way, some were natural slaves, others natural Doms, but perhaps being a 'natural slavegirl' was most evident in my case.

)Two weeks, 55 views, and not a single response.

Let historians note that apostate630's first poll on Crux Forums went over like a depleted uranium balloon.

No matter. My ego's not on the line.
Now you're on 61,000 views and 400 replies.

How's your ego now, Apostate?

(I was raised as a Baptist, incidentally. I got very wet when I was 13. As you see, it did me no good! :facepalm: )

Now you're on 61,000 views and 400 replies.

How's your ego now, Apostate?

(I was raised as a Baptist, incidentally. I got very wet when I was 13. As you see, it did me no good! :facepalm: )
I was just touched by a Bishop - only on my head mind, but he's probably being investigated.

Yes.

When I was young I was fascinated by the (almost life-sized) carving of the crucifixion in the church. It was both beautiful and sexual. Now I have grown up a little and I no longer believe in the Christ myth. However, I still find the idea of crucifixion to be incredibly exciting.
I guess there comes a point where sexual gratification becomes a more powerful driving force than religious conviction :p

I guess there comes a point where sexual gratification becomes a more powerful driving force than religious conviction :p
I think sexual gratification is always a powerful driving force, no matter what the so-called "celibates" say. As I've noted before, the ancient stories of the martyrs (like "The Acts of Paul and Thecla") certainly have a lot of content meant to pander to sexual appetites while remaining "holy".

I can only speak for myself and not for any others.

With the nuns of the Presentation order, I can state with a reasonable degree of certainty that they never raised a hand, or anything else, to any of the students in the school we attended. I recently discussed this with my sister and she agrees. I couldn't speak to my brother as he has passed away. This was in the fifties in elementary and primary school. The sisters earned and received our respect

With the Marist Teaching brothers, it was different. I was "Instructed" on occasions with the bamboo cane! But, Damm'it I EARNED those stripes! Yes I was a little shit in high school for the first three years or so until I grew up. So were others who received attitude adjustments with me.

As said I speak only for myself.

I was brought up a Catholic and went to Catholic school.

The nuns at junior school where lovely and I loved school

That all changed when I went to secondary school run by Presentation Brothers from Ireland who where very handy with the cane.
I was in trouble a lot and got caned several times while I was at the school, mostly on the hands and occasionally on my backside over trousers.
except one occasion I was given the option of being expelled on receiving a bare bottom caning, I got 12 strokes and it was agony. I was just 16. This was in 1966.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only speak for myself and not for any others.

With the nuns of the Presentation order, I can state with a reasonable degree of certainty that they never raised a hand, or anything else, to any of the students in the school we attended. I recently discussed this with my sister and she agrees. I couldn't speak to my brother as he has passed away. This was in the fifties in elementary and primary school. The sisters earned and received our respect

With the Marist Teaching brothers, it was different. I was "Instructed" on occasions with the bamboo cane! But, Damm'it I EARNED those stripes! Yes I was a little shit in high school for the first three years or so until I grew up. So were others who received attitude adjustments with me.

As said I speak only for myself.
At my elementary school in Arizona they had a paddle and used it. I saw the principal throw a kid across the front of the classroom once. It was meant to be cautionary theater, but it was real. This was "Mother Seton"'s order. I think the propensity to violence was individual, but it was certainly tolerated and nobody seemed to object.

I was brought up a Catholic and went to Catholic school.

The nuns at junior school where lovely and I loved school

That all changed when I went to secondary school run by Presentation Brothers from Ireland who where very handy with the cane.
I was in trouble a lot and got caned several times while I was at the school, mostly on the hands and occasionally on my backside over trousers.
except one occasion I was given the option of being expelled on receiving a bare bottom caning, I got 12 strokes and it was agony. I was just 16. This was in 1966.
No one at our school got anymore than four strokes and nothing on the bare. I got four, two on each hand. Didn't change anything, I just grew up.
What happened to you was wrong. Six was the limit so far as I know.

No one at our school got anymore than four strokes and nothing on the bare. I got four, two on each hand. Didn't change anything, I just grew up.
What happened to you was wrong. Six was the limit so far as I know.
I know now that it was excessive and wrong to be beaten on the bare buttocks but back then the you didn’t argue with the Brothers. Besides my parents had agreed to my beating so I would not be expelled.
It was tradition that the maximum number was 6 but again I had no option But to take the 12. My bottom was a mass of welts and it Took several weeks for the bruising to go.

I know now that it was excessive and wrong to be beaten on the bare buttocks but back then the you didn’t argue with the Brothers. Besides my parents had agreed to my beating so I would not be expelled.
It was tradition that the maximum number was 6 but again I had no option But to take the 12. My bottom was a mass of welts and it Took several weeks for the bruising to go.
Well I am glad that you are here.

Eulalia, your description of how it all came to be the way it is now, has opened a better understanding for me -
at least I hope. In most things I'm not like you - but then this has made me suffer in similar ways although I did
fight against it - or because I fought against it. I liked to play with boys, they were less taking care if something
went wrong and one was hurt, they were generally more active and arranged outside plays, yes, they especially
liked to take me as captured by the pirates or robbers and some other vaguely obscure party had to pay quite
a sum to get me out, then they couldn't or the robbers just didn't want to let me go. To use kisses to regain my
freedom would then not have come to my mind and if it had I believe I wouldn't have kissed any of them, rather
have spit in their face. A couple of times I got loose by my own resource and then I gave hell to anyone coming
my way. Inevitably it led to my dropping this and similar sorts of schemes. It sent my popularity all plummeting
with them. My body shape didn't help, I then looked like a capital 'I' no curves nowheres, it all came only later -
and then continued to grow for some anxious years to come - I was changing and so I had to change attitudes.
Demona

Raised Presbyterian, converted myself to Atheism. Our Presbyterian church had no crucifix in it, they tended to emphasise the nicer bits of the Jesus story. I suppose if you believe he was dying to save the rest of us from a lot of torture, then the crucifixion might count as one of the nicer bits, but was he really dying? He was fine a couple of days later. And who would be ultimately responsible for torturing us anyway? Hmm. Maybe don’t think about that too much.

Hello
Very British ('anglais' as French people say) and maybe more generally anglo-saxon, these religious preoccupations and these numerous religions/churches !
A Frenchman would think he had been catapulted to the planet Mars !
Raised Catholic like almost all the children of the bourgeoisie of my generation (it exists small Protestant and Jew minorities)
An unbelievable brainwashing !
Faithful to the memory of my mother, I kept my Catholic label (I'm not a strong-minded person, 'un esprit fort' who discovers he is atheist) but I kept a lot of distance and it was dificult. My grandchildren are raised without religion. My mother would have been horrified of it !

Back
Top Bottom