The Coffee Shop

• Thread starter The Fallen Angel
  • Start date
Go to CruxDreams.com
Stuart' was a French spelling, right?
I'm not sure to be honest. The spelling Steuart was used in 16th century England.
The vowel /u:/ 'oo' was becoming /ju/ 'you', so the spelling Stuart could have just reflected that.
I think the Stuart families in France claim descent from various branches of that dynasty
when it was kicked out from the UK, it wasn't only royal family that upped sticks and departed.

Would you really say Elizabeth II is well dressed? Those hats?
Honestly? I don't know jack about female hats. Wouldn't know where to begin. :roto2nuse:

It's interesting how often people end up picking "the son of"-Bush II, Trudeau II, for example. And when they pick a "self-made man who only borrowed $ 1 million from Dad and paid it back with interest", well, it tirns out that may not have been strictly true:D:rolleyes::popcorn:
It's presidency-cum-reality-TV where you don't really expect any part of the story to be for real. :private:

I wonder what she is really thinking?
'Philip's got a lot more sprightly again since he discovered that site on the internet,
one wonders what he's finding there ...' :devil:

Well, I don't get to wish many of them a happy 97th birthday :D

That old? Really? Wow! :p

Unfortunately it's already been compromised as described in Palais Royal Reno. How is the investigation going to find the "bimbo" (Mark Z's R's words not mine) whose responsible?:confused:

I'm innocent. Always innocent. :rolleyes:

Just who does Her Majesty think she is ?? You'd think she was in charge or something....!?
(Oh,hang on......!!)
Actually from my American viewpoint she has been a rather class act as a monarch dating back to WW II well before I was born. Is she worth the money spent? I don't have a clue... That's for my friends on the Isles to decide.

Actually from my American viewpoint she has been a rather class act as a monarch dating back to WW II well before I was born. Is she worth the money spent? I don't have a clue... That's for my friends on the Isles to decide.
Yes she's done exemplary well...when you consider the circumstances under which she became Queen
(and a record-breaking one at that.... !!)
"God save the Queen"....

My family were inveterate Anglophiles and were very enamored of the monarchy and especially the Queen. One reason was that my mother bore a striking resemblance to Elizabeth Windsor. (I kid you not - I might share the photos, but only in private)

Yes she's done exemplary well...when you consider the circumstances under which she became Queen
(and a record-breaking one at that.... !!)
"God save the Queen"....
It is very easy to criticize famous people... and monarchs... that we really don't know much about. I admit I don't know why royalty in the UK even exists today but it does and she seems to please at least all the people who buy People magazine...

Back
Top Bottom