The Pirettes Of Ocracoke

Go to CruxDreams.com
Rather a VoPo??????:D:p:)
Now that photo is interesting, because the shop in the background says "Putzerei". In Yiddish, "putz" literally means penis, though figuratively means a jerk, an idiot, and this meaning has come into general use in English in North America. Google translates it from German as "dry cleaner", but if you came to New York and asked for a putz, that isn't where they would direct you. A certain gold-clad building on 5th Avenue whose name I won't mention is more likely...

Now that photo is interesting, because the shop in the background says "Putzerei". In Yiddish, "putz" literally means penis, though figuratively means a jerk, an idiot, and this meaning has come into general use in English in North America. Google translates it from German as "dry cleaner", but if you came to New York and asked for a putz, that isn't where they would direct you. A certain gold-clad building on 5th Avenue whose name I won't mention is more likely...
I looked for a translation of 'the original Teinturerie' to German. Google translator gave me 'Putzerei'.

By the way, Messaline, thanks very much for this inspiring pic.flower2

In German: putzen = to clean. Apparently, Yiddish differs from the Hochdeutsch just a bit.

Wait a minute, are you saying the penis isn't clean, then?

The derivation appears to be that the original meaning of "putz" was "finery, ornament, adornment". Thus, you would clean your adornments, so a cleaners would be a "putzerei". You can, I hope, see how that could evolve into "penis".

We again come back to how this site is an educational resource. Perhaps we should get a tax deduction for posting here...

Well, it appears we may have a situation on our hands Tricia. Neither of us seems to know who we are married to....

I've often wondered how I'd know if Mrs Wragg picked herself a new handle and an avatar and joined Cruxforums! :eek: :doh:

Google gives me "Jewelry should be cleaned regularly." I try to shower all parts of me every day...

TMI :rolleyes: :doh:

Back
Top Bottom