VolodArt

Go to CruxDreams.com
I almost never use photoshop for lighting postwork since I often use multi-image stories. Using photoshop means you have to use it on each image. I'd rather experiment with one of the Iray lighting methods until I get a render that looks good. Then I can move the characters about and change cameras with some confidence that the lighting will still be okay. But I recommend using photoshop for things like adding smoke and similar things. It's painful to get used to it, but it's rewarding.

Volod, I love your avatar! By any chance, could you post a larger image for us?

Volod said:
Thanks for the advice. Yes, Photoshop can solve a lot of problems, but so far I have been using it to a minimum. I can't get used to its interface, and sometimes it frankly annoys me))

I've used it extensively for couple of decades, if you encounter a snag start a private conversation and I'll be happy to help.

Volod said:
Thank you) Of course I want to create scenes in the dungeon, but so far I have run into lighting problems. I have more or less learned how to work with sunlight, but with artificial lighting I have to try and find effective techniques.

I have only one advice on lights. For any kind of indoor lightning, always use Cubic* Attenuation. That's what real light behave like but for whatever reasons by default the lights come set up in Constant mode, which I suppose is more forgiving in renderings than real world light but also look a bit phoney, flat, unimaginative.

* or Quadratic, I'm using Poser, don't know the language of DAZ

JD

As for dungeon scenes, always start counting the number of sources of light (torches, window slits) in the room. Delete all default lights and make new ones that are POINT sources and with cubic attentuation for each source of light (only outside light of Sun is constant). On colour, change the default white to a pale yellow-reddish to make it realistic. Use Raytraced shadows, they are more intensive on CPU but look better. Allow for a non-zero shadow radius blur, in real life shadows are never laser cut, and some ambient occlusion as well (the darkening of narrow places, due to less ambiental light). Drag the sources of light in the place where torches are situated on the wall. Use FRONT, SIDE or TOP VIEW for precise placement of light sources. In a nutshell.

Gimp is a great program and it's free. Used it in many touchups. Easier learning curve than Photoshop.
About five years ago, I installed it and even tried to work, although I did not even think then that I would create 3D images) Yes, it is simple, but then it seemed to me that it has very limited functionality compared to Photoshop.

Volod said:
Thanks for the advice. Yes, Photoshop can solve a lot of problems, but so far I have been using it to a minimum. I can't get used to its interface, and sometimes it frankly annoys me))

I've used it extensively for couple of decades, if you encounter a snag start a private conversation and I'll be happy to help.

Volod said:
Thank you) Of course I want to create scenes in the dungeon, but so far I have run into lighting problems. I have more or less learned how to work with sunlight, but with artificial lighting I have to try and find effective techniques.

I have only one advice on lights. For any kind of indoor lightning, always use Cubic* Attenuation. That's what real light behave like but for whatever reasons by default the lights come set up in Constant mode, which I suppose is more forgiving in renderings than real world light but also look a bit phoney, flat, unimaginative.

* or Quadratic, I'm using Poser, don't know the language of DAZ

JD
Thank you. Right now I am fully occupied with this project, but when (or if) I do the next one, I will definitely need some help.

I have never worked in Poser, but I think that the tools are generally similar to DAZ.

As for dungeon scenes, always start counting the number of sources of light (torches, window slits) in the room. Delete all default lights and make new ones that are POINT sources and with cubic attentuation for each source of light (only outside light of Sun is constant). On colour, change the default white to a pale yellow-reddish to make it realistic. Use Raytraced shadows, they are more intensive on CPU but look better. Allow for a non-zero shadow radius blur, in real life shadows are never laser cut, and some ambient occlusion as well (the darkening of narrow places, due to less ambiental light). Drag the sources of light in the place where torches are situated on the wall. Use FRONT, SIDE or TOP VIEW for precise placement of light sources. In a nutshell.
Thanks again) By the way, these tips are very valuable not only for indoor lighting. I also noticed one unpleasant thing: when you start experimenting with light, the render time can increase very much, and this has to be taken into account too.

I almost never use photoshop for lighting postwork since I often use multi-image stories. Using photoshop means you have to use it on each image. I'd rather experiment with one of the Iray lighting methods until I get a render that looks good. Then I can move the characters about and change cameras with some confidence that the lighting will still be okay. But I recommend using photoshop for things like adding smoke and similar things. It's painful to get used to it, but it's rewarding.

Volod, I love your avatar! By any chance, could you post a larger image for us?
Pourquoi pas)
Moreover, some forum members have already shown interest in my avatar. It should be said that this is a very crude, hastily made scene, rather as an experiment. Like the wheel, I was once struck by the cruelty of this type of execution.

By the way, here I experimented with lighting, and it turns out that I already used your method to remove the ceiling, only here it was not originally there, since it is something like a courtyard, but who prevents me from doing the same with the room)

HotCylinder01.jpgHotCylinder02.jpg

Pourquoi pas)
Moreover, some forum members have already shown interest in my avatar. It should be said that this is a very crude, hastily made scene, rather as an experiment. Like the wheel, I was once struck by the cruelty of this type of execution.

By the way, here I experimented with lighting, and it turns out that I already used your method to remove the ceiling, only here it was not originally there, since it is something like a courtyard, but who prevents me from doing the same with the room)
Volod: It may have been a hastily made scene, but it's delightful in its cruel threat. As the heroine is dragged toward the hot cylinder, she has to know that she's going to be pulled into a fiery embrace with the glowing metal! Her terror would be extreme! It's too bad you don't have an image of that happening, but one could hope that sometime in the future you might return to the scene. <hint, hint!>

bleumune

Friends! So I ended this story. I hope you liked it. Thanks to everyone who has supported me in one way or another.

I want to tell you that for me personally this work means quite a lot. Actually, to a greater extent, the study of 3D began with the creation of these scenes, although not in this form (what I posted is the third or even fourth version). So I can say that with this girl we have come a long way). Initially, I did not intend to publish anything on the Internet and everything I created was "for personal use". But over time, quite a lot of interesting stuff accumulated on my computer, and one day I decided that it would be a great pity if it just got lost over time or became the victim of some kind of software failure. For me, posting content like this was a pretty big step, but this is a great forum for it. Of course, I had to try hard to make a full-fledged story out of those rough scenes. When I got to work, I could not even imagine that it would be as many as 125 (!) images.

Well, in any case, I am very glad that finally this story will not be lost, and the torment of the girl and my torment at the computer were not in vain. Thank you again, without your support this would have been much more difficult.

Friends! So I ended this story. I hope you liked it. Thanks to everyone who has supported me in one way or another.

I want to tell you that for me personally this work means quite a lot. Actually, to a greater extent, the study of 3D began with the creation of these scenes, although not in this form (what I posted is the third or even fourth version). So I can say that with this girl we have come a long way). Initially, I did not intend to publish anything on the Internet and everything I created was "for personal use". But over time, quite a lot of interesting stuff accumulated on my computer, and one day I decided that it would be a great pity if it just got lost over time or became the victim of some kind of software failure. For me, posting content like this was a pretty big step, but this is a great forum for it. Of course, I had to try hard to make a full-fledged story out of those rough scenes. When I got to work, I could not even imagine that it would be as many as 125 (!) images.

Well, in any case, I am very glad that finally this story will not be lost, and the torment of the girl and my torment at the computer were not in vain. Thank you again, without your support this would have been much more difficult.
I'm really sorry about that girl ... she's innocent, and yet she must have suffered in an unfair trial ...

and he also imitated the quoom a bit (beautiful)

I am very much looking forward to your next works! it's amazing to see what you can do !!

Impressive, the ordeal of the wheel in all its crudeness. You can imagine from the girl's face the pain in her limbs when the executioner twists them in the spokes. And in the end an open ending in which the ravens wait to slowly devour the girl who is still conscious. The worst awaits her, several hours of savage agony in which the ravens will rip shreds of skin and flesh with their sharp beaks and claws. They will probably start by gouging her eyes out of their sockets......

I'm really sorry about that girl ... she's innocent, and yet she must have suffered in an unfair trial ...

and he also imitated the quoom a bit (beautiful)

I am very much looking forward to your next works! it's amazing to see what you can do !!
Thank you) Sometimes I felt really sorry for her too.

Well, without inspiration from the creations of the Quoom, there is nothing here. He left a very bright mark on this theme once.

I will try to continue to create something like this in the future, but I do not know when it will happen yet.

Impressive, the ordeal of the wheel in all its crudeness. You can imagine from the girl's face the pain in her limbs when the executioner twists them in the spokes. And in the end an open ending in which the ravens wait to slowly devour the girl who is still conscious. The worst awaits her, several hours of savage agony in which the ravens will rip shreds of skin and flesh with their sharp beaks and claws. They will probably start by gouging her eyes out of their sockets......
Glad you liked it. This execution is very cruel, even excessive, and I tried to convey all its cruelty.

Back
Top Bottom