Art by Riodoro

Go to CruxDreams.com
I don't have anything new to post yet but I recently went through some old folders on my hard drive and found this pic from what I like to call my "yellow period" :lol:

FeetRoasting.jpg

When I look at it today I cringe a little, because it is really not up to my standards anymore and I see so many things to improve. I tried to imitate Zell's style with the yellowish lighting. That was also the only way for me to get an acceptable dungeon atmosphere with the old Poser renderer. Around that time I had really only just mastered the very basics of 3d-rendering but still felt confident enough to offer Dofantasy my pictures and much to my surprise they kindly agreed to buy some. This was part of the very first batch of pics I made for them in 2012. But it was too extreme for BDSMArtwork which means I can now share it with you here. Some of you may notice the slight similarities to this pic by Zero Sen which was an inspiration (and a lot more brutal :D)

zer052.jpg

Anyway, that's all for today. Hopefully I will have something new for you soon.

I don't have anything new to post yet but I recently went through some old folders on my hard drive and found this pic from what I like to call my "yellow period" :lol:

View attachment 1284755

When I look at it today I cringe a little, because it is really not up to my standards anymore and I see so many things to improve. I tried to imitate Zell's style with the yellowish lighting. That was also the only way for me to get an acceptable dungeon atmosphere with the old Poser renderer. Around that time I had really only just mastered the very basics of 3d-rendering but still felt confident enough to offer Dofantasy my pictures and much to my surprise they kindly agreed to buy some. This was part of the very first batch of pics I made for them in 2012. But it was too extreme for BDSMArtwork which means I can now share it with you here. Some of you may notice the slight similarities to this pic by Zero Sen which was an inspiration (and a lot more brutal :D)

View attachment 1284761

Anyway, that's all for today. Hopefully I will have something new for you soon.
Fantastic work! I had noticed the Zell-like grading.. thanks for including the Zerosen drawing as well, it’s always fascinating to see the same concept treated by different artists. Your version is awesome :)

So here is my first attempt at illustrating Roman history :smile:

After the great fire of 64 emperor Nero instigated the first persecutions of Christians in Rome. Hundreds were martyred and their executions were made into a public spectacle to serve as an amusement to the people of the city. Nero offered for the spectacle his magnificent gardens beyond the Tiber, and, when dusk came on, he infamously ordered some of the condemned to be nailed to wooden stakes and set on fire so they might serve as human torches to illuminate the festivities. These martyrs were at the same time crucified and burned to death at the stake. This became such a common punishment for Christians that the Romans started to mockingly call them Sarmentitii, a term derived from the word sarmenta, the piles of fagots around the stake to which the martyr was fastened.

MartyrsSarmentitii - Txt.jpg

Okay, here we go… I would like to share a little story from the waldensian crusade in 16th century france with you.

When I published on BDSM-Artwork.com, they usually complemented my pics with a story (those were not written by me). I liked that because I feel that it adds a lot of depth and impact to the pics if you have a sense of the context of the scene that is depicted. Over the holidays I finished two new pictures, the start of a series of scenes in my favourite medieval/inquisition/dungeon setting, and I’ve tried to write a little story around them in the same style. It’s an experiment for me and since english is not my first language there surely are some awkward formulations or outright mistakes in there. Apologies for those in advance.

I’m posting the first two pages today and the rest over the coming days. Right now there are five pages completed. I’m planning with maybe about eight pages in total.

Please note that the little vignettes of Captain Polin’s favourite toys on the bottom of the pages are NOT the pictures I’m talking about. The first one of those is on page five. Also, apart from the dates and (some of) the names none of this is historically accurate! ;-)

View attachment 1272540 View attachment 1272541
Details and realistic look of your devices are outstanding!

Hi everyone,

some time ago I was trying to bring a bit more thematic variation to my pics (something else than all the inquisition stuff). I browsed the Renderosity store and found a beautiful set of WW2 german and soviet uniforms. That gave me the idea for a scene in the style of the 1960s naziploitation pulp novels.
s-l1600.jpg ffmanstorysep.jpg

At one point there was a plan to make a series for Dofantasy that would feature pics from the most infamous periods of torture history like Ancient Rome, the Nazis, the Argentine Junta, and so on. But after a while I abandoned that idea and turned to another that became a series called Training Amy. I had already made pics in the naziploitation setting though. I recently revisited them and think they are good enough to share them here. I polished them a little bit and even began working on new ones. My plan is to post them over the early summer – maybe two each week or so.

But first there are two things I would like to note:
The series is set in the Soviet Union during WW2 and the victim is a Russian girl. I made those pics long before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, so this should be in no way read as a comment on recent events.
Second, the Nazis in this pics are the heavily stereotyped versions from the nazisploitation novels and movies. Almost comically evil, ridiculously sadistic and sinister. They are not meant to be historically accurate representations of the acutal Nazis, the horrors of the holocaust or the atrocities of the german warfare on the Eastern Front. Think more Indiana Jones movies than Schindler’s List.

Anyway, here are the first two pics of the series that I have creatively called Nazi Prisoner.

RiodoroNaziPrisoner01.jpgRiodoroNaziPrisoner02.jpgRiodoroNaziPrisoner03.jpg

Hi everyone,

some time ago I was trying to bring a bit more thematic variation to my pics (something else than all the inquisition stuff). I browsed the Renderosity store and found a beautiful set of WW2 german and soviet uniforms. That gave me the idea for a scene in the style of the 1960s naziploitation pulp novels.
View attachment 1310936 View attachment 1310937

At one point there was a plan to make a series for Dofantasy that would feature pics from the most infamous periods of torture history like Ancient Rome, the Nazis, the Argentine Junta, and so on. But after a while I abandoned that idea and turned to another that became a series called Training Amy. I had already made pics in the naziploitation setting though. I recently revisited them and think they are good enough to share them here. I polished them a little bit and even began working on new ones. My plan is to post them over the early summer – maybe two each week or so.

But first there are two things I would like to note:
The series is set in the Soviet Union during WW2 and the victim is a Russian girl. I made those pics long before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, so this should be in no way read as a comment on recent events.
Second, the Nazis in this pics are the heavily stereotyped versions from the nazisploitation novels and movies. Almost comically evil, ridiculously sadistic and sinister. They are not meant to be historically accurate representations of the acutal Nazis, the horrors of the holocaust or the atrocities of the german warfare on the Eastern Front. Think more Indiana Jones movies than Schindler’s List.

Anyway, here are the first two pics of the series that I have creatively called Nazi Prisoner.

View attachment 1310938View attachment 1310939View attachment 1310940

Beautifully sadistic torture in this one; https://www.cruxforums.com/xf/attachments/riodoronaziprisoner03-jpg.1310940/
My compliments on the stock and horse combination, and most of all, the beautiful render work in the images.
Bravo, and thank you for sharing.

After the great fire of 64 emperor Nero instigated the first persecutions of Christians in Rome. Hundreds were martyred and their executions were made into a public spectacle to serve as an amusement to the people of the city. Nero offered for the spectacle his magnificent gardens beyond the Tiber, and, when dusk came on, he infamously ordered some of the condemned to be nailed to wooden stakes and set on fire so they might serve as human torches to illuminate the festivities. These martyrs were at the same time crucified and burned to death at the stake. This became such a common punishment for Christians that the Romans started to mockingly call them Sarmentitii, a term derived from the word sarmenta, the piles of fagots around the stake to which the martyr was fastened.

View attachment 1295001
Well done…I know a lot of work goes into this sort of thing.

View attachment 1295001
So… are you going to do more illustrations of Roman history? The Appian Way at the end of the last Serville war?

Last edited:
Thanks, everyone for your kind comments.
Here are the next two pics.

RiodoroNaziPrisoner04.jpg RiodoroNaziPrisoner05.jpg

They are both more or less unchanged from the original series and I think now that the pose in the second one looks a bit odd. I would probably try to do that differently today... Anyway, enjoy.

View attachment 1313235 View attachment 1313236

They are both more or less unchanged from the original series and I think now that the pose in the second one looks a bit odd. I would probably try to do that differently today... Anyway, enjoy.
It looks fine to me, but I'm no expert. :)
Anyway, thanks for sharing.

View attachment 1313235 View attachment 1313236

I have been following and collecting your wonderful works for a long time. Can you tell me how many parts there are in your comic book "Inquisition"?000.jpgBatch-3---08---The-Cells-a.jpgBatch-3---11---The-Cells-d.jpgBatch-4---03.jpgBatch-4---05.jpg

I have been following and collecting your wonderful works for a long time. Can you tell me how many parts there are in your comic book "Inquisition

Hi @Oldymen54
there are three parts, all on BDSMArtwork.com. Part one was my first attempt at making an ongoing series of connected pics. It started in 2013 with 16 pics (the ones you posted are the final four of that series). Part two started a year later, ran for over three years with 43 pics and concluded the story of Maria and her mom. Then there is part three that started in 2021 and is still being published with about 7 of 25 pics total left. It is not directly connected to the first two parts but has a similar setting.

Back
Top Bottom