Custer's Little Big Horn

Go to CruxDreams.com
Why are you telling that , Hasturan ? For me, it's mainly a Fantasy and I dont see why a Fantasy could be bad ...
I don't know...:doh:

I think it more that he was expressing an instinct to preserve Messa's glories for further experiences rather than seeking to prevent her from pursuing her adventures.

As you well know you own squirrel writer can be a bit tender of your beautiful bosom :p

I think it more that he was expressing an instinct to preserve Messa's glory's for further experiences rather than seeking to prevent her from pursuing her adventures.

As you well know you own squirrel writer can be a bit tender of your beautiful bosom :p

Awwww, so gallant ... the way he speeds to her rescue. ;)

I think in the Great War, they lined the poor sod up and shot him for doing that. Somewhere I read a shocking statistic on how many times that happened.

I think you are confusing Desertion in the Face of the Enemy with tactical concealment.

The British, most of whom had experience gained through long years of campaigning against cunning opponents in close country, let the attackers get to close range then, from hedges, houses and trees, opened up with withering rifle and machine-gun fire from point blank range.

Sheldon, J. (2010). The German Army at Ypres 1914

My underlining for emphasis

As to executions in the First World War they did happen with a frequency that is shocking to the modern jurist but that is partly because codes of military discipline were struggling to keep up with the nature of modern warfare and it should also be remembered that most capital sentences in most armies were commuted.

I think in the Great War, they lined the poor sod up and shot him for doing that. Somewhere I read a shocking statistic on how many times that happened.

What? For taking a leak in the bushes? Bit harsh, what? :eek:

it should also be remembered that most capital sentences in most armies were commuted.

Thank the good Lord for that! :very_hot:

How's this story progressing, Barb?

tumblr_nvc8weVjxa1rov538o1_1280.jpg

How's this story progressing, Barb?

View attachment 365630
What are you suggesting, phlebas? The tortures with the Sioux is taking too long, like several months? The girl on he left is definitely pregnant.:eek: Blonde, so it's not Barb...
:devil:

Perhaps the cavalry could have arrived faster. :rolleyes::doh:

What can I say, guys. I've been busy. And no, not busy getting pregnant with those young Indian bucks as you suggest :spank::spank:

New and final episode coming later this week. Be patient please!!!

Executions in the German military..
World War I: seem to be documented at 48 (out of 150 sentences)
World War II: estimated at 23000 (out of some 30000 sentences)

That last figure is quite shocking ... were most of them at the end of the war, when desertion was understandably common?

That last figure is quite shocking ... were most of them at the end of the war, when desertion was understandably common?
Military executions as well as the 'regular', 'judicial process' executions of civilians really increased with 1943 and exploded in the following years. The Red Army also had a horrific toll of executions of its own men.
Sadly, the most shocking thing about that number is probably, that a single day of murder in the death camps, or a single day of combat deaths at the frontline, or a single day of bombing of a city, could each of them far surpass that number of executions from the entire duration of the war.

Military executions as well as the 'regular', 'judicial process' executions of civilians really increased with 1943 and exploded in the following years. The Red Army also had a horrific toll of executions of its own men.
Sadly, the most shocking thing about that number is probably, that a single day of murder in the death camps, or a single day of combat deaths at the frontline, or a single day of bombing of a city, could each of them far surpass that number of executions from the entire duration of the war.

Just did a quick calculation. If we accept that German military deaths in WWII totaled somewhere betwee 4.2 million and 5.3 million (they apparently lost track after Jan 1945) and that the hostilities lasted roughly 2,000 days ... that works out to an average of somewhere between 2,150 and 2,650 dead a day. That's incredible! Someone tell me that I have done the math wrong here!

Back
Top Bottom