It Happened In Namur

Go to CruxDreams.com
I see. Let's try this, barbarian vixen. The tree of you are my captives. I can do whatever I want with you. Even put you to death if I want. But I'll be mercifull. Answer my questions and I'll take you as my personal slaves.

Our loyalty remains with Ambiorix ... with his memory and his honor. He would never have countenanced a life of slavery for his wife and his counselor. As I say, do as you wish with my handmaiden, but on your honor as a Roman, Tullius, lay not a hand on me or Eulalia.

I`m bloody lost already i`n more
star wars than Roman History
Just a little guide, Dorothy :
-Ambiorix (historical leader of an Ancient Belgian tribe) = Obi-Wan-Kenobi, who got killed in battle.:oops:
-General Tullius = Darth Vader. Since you got caught by him you are in trouble.:devil:

Think away all moderns stuff : no laser swords, no spaceships, no robots, not tie-fighters, nothing!
If you expect Han Solo will come to rescue you, take into account that 'Millenium Falcon' is the nickname for his ox-chariot and that the state of the roads in Ancient Belgium is not that good, so he will need his time. :doh:

The only remaining similarity with Star Wars is, that if General Tullius will keep you alive, he will sell you three as sex slaves to Jabba The Hutt. :eek:

(unless some Numidian prince bids higher, but that is not Star Wars):D

Our loyalty remains with Ambiorix ... with his memory and his honor. He would never have countenanced a life of slavery for his wife and his counselor. As I say, do as you wish with my handmaiden, but on your honor as a Roman, Tullius, lay not a hand on me or Eulalia.

'A hand? Very well. I won't lay a hand on you. Not personnally and not for now. Call the lictors! Guards, bring my... honourable guests, here, into the courtyard.'

Legionnaries drag the three women into the courtyard of the conquered oppidum. Eulalia and Dorothea are rapidly bound to two trees, as Barbaria is led toward a whipping post, in the middle of the yard.

'Tell, proud Queen, how much people did you sentence to be flogged in this very place?' Tullius asks.

'A hand? Very well. I won't lay a hand on you. Not personnally and not for now. Call the lictors! Guards, bring my... honourable guests, here, into the courtyard.'

Legionnaries drag the three women into the courtyard of the conquered oppidum. Eulalia and Dorothea are rapidly bound to two trees, as Barbaria is led toward a whipping post, in the middle of the yard.

'Tell, proud Queen, how much people did you sentence to be flogged in this very place?' Tullius asks.

As Queen I had a duty to lend my presence to the nasty business of publicly punishing small time criminals and petty thieves, and to the execution of murderers and traitors at this place. But my role was ceremonial. It was not I who sentenced them, nor did I show any sign of enjoying watching their suffering. Instead I marveled at how so many went bravely to the whipping post or to the block or gallows, and often wondered whether I could display the same stoic forbearance were I to ever be in their place. I am now about to get my chance. Flog me Tullius, as you will, but expect to gain no satisfaction. By the Gods, I shakl defy you and Rome!

'I will give you an opportunity to demonstrate your determination!'

Three lictors are now present on the scene. On a gesture of Tullius, as two legionnaries hold her firmly, a lictor begins to cut up Barbaria's dress. He then rips away all her clothing, including the small piece of white tissue covering her crotch. The crowd (mostly women and old people) gasp in awe and amazement at the sight of the naked body of their Queen. Some of them are wailing their protests at her humiliation.'Ambiorix was a lucky bastard', says an obviously appreciative Tullius.

Two lictors lead the beautiful woman to the whipping post and ready her. Her arms are hoisted above her head and her wrists quickly emprisoned into iron manacles dangling from the top of the post. Then her ankles are secured to the base of the post with a thick leather strap.

'I will give you an opportunity to demonstrate your determination!'

Three lictors are now present on the scene. On a gesture of Tullius, as two legionnaries hold her firmly, a lictor begins to cut up Barbaria's dress. He then rips away all her clothing, including the small piece of white tissue covering her crotch. The crowd (mostly women and old people) gasp in awe and amazement at the sight of the naked body of their Queen. Some of them are wailing their protests at her humiliation.'Ambiorix was a lucky bastard', says an obviously appreciative Tullius.

Two lictors lead the beautiful woman to the whipping post and ready her. Her arms are hoisted above her head and her wrists quickly emprisoned into iron manacles dangling from the top of the post. Then her ankles are secured to the base of the post with a thick leather strap.

Oh, I have never looked at this post up close before ... always from the distance of the royal box. It's not smooth or clean ... it is splintered and soiled ... soiled with the blood of the victims who have been manacled to it, suffering under a scourging that forced them under the power of the lash to press themselves against it, to slide up and down and side to side on it, eventually to slump against it ... in a sense become one with it. My bare breasts caress it, one on each side of it ...bulging out slightly ... no way to protect them from the cruel tips of the whip ... my tummy and mound press against it, drawn in tight by the pull of my manacled ankles. This post, this worn and stained post, will be my sole companion during what is to come. Oh Gods, give me the strength to endure this. I will not cry out. I will show this Roman and his lictors what how brave Belgae face their oppressors!

One of the lictors, a tall, muscular middle-aged man, comes near Barbaria and force her to look at the instrument of her ordeal. It's not a whip. Not exactly. It's a three-pronged scourge. Each leather strap ends into a big knot, with three other knots along its lenght.The Queen's eyes grow wider, but she quickly manages to regain her composure.

As the lictor takes his place behind his victim, Tullius turns to Eulalia and Dorothea, still bound to the trees and gazing in horror at their Queen's plight.'Well ladies. Last chance now. Where are the last warriors hiding?' No answer.

'30 lashes!' says the General in a loud voice. Another lictor brings what seems to be a bucket of water and place it besides the one in charge of the flogging. Barbaria can't help but having a look at him as he dips the scourge into the bucket.

'Don't worry', says Tullius. 'It's only salt water. To ensure the wounds won't get infected, you understand? See, I'm not such a bad man, after all...'

We will not turn to the testimony of Gaius Tracchus, the military tribune who, has we all know, later wrote the detailed account of Tullius' glorious campaign in Gallia Belgica.

'The lictor swung the fearsome implement with all his might and the first blow landed on the woman’s back. Her shapely body contorded in pain as three red stripes appeared over her shoulders. The call of 'ONE!' echoed throughout the yard.

By the third blow, the Queen seemed to leap almost out of her bonds and a gasp could be heard escaping her lips. By the sixth blow, she began sobbing and trembling, but still somehow managed not to scream. It changed with the eigth blow, which viciously lashed her right tit, squashing the tender flesh on the wooden post. This time, a scream of sheer pain filled the air. Before each stroke, the scourge was plunged into the salt water and starting with the thirteenth one, she was moaning loudly and continuously, crying out and convulsing in pain at every lash. The next blow landed across her buttocks, making her squirm in a most suggestive way. The assembled legionnaries cheered and laughed out loud at the sight.The sixteenth blow caused dropplets of blood to fly from her back and ass and she let out a terrible howl.

The women knowned as Eulalia and Dorothea had tears in their eyes now, and were alternatively shouting words of encouragement to their Queen and cursing us.

As the nineteenth blow fell on her bloodied back, cruelly biting the flesh of her left breast, the woman sank in her bonds and seemed to lose consciousness. Her body was now fully supported by the rope around her wrists. A lictor took a cup of vinegar wine and forced it down her throat, causing her to cough and choke as she regained her senses.'

(credits: very freely adapted from a scene of a very old story, Uthur's Four Days of Torment)

By the Gods, we have only gotten as far as nineteen and I have already broken my resolve not to cry out. My back is on fire, and one of my nipples has been damaged by one of the wicked scourge knots. Can I take eleven more? The salt in my wounds stings so much! I thought I could faint, but it will do no good. They will just revive me until I have taken all 30 lashes. But the one thing, I will not do ... I still have my pride ... is tell them what they want to hear. I just hope that Eulalia and Dorothea can stand up to this torture as well as I can.

Last edited:
By the Gods, we have only gotten as far as nineteen and I have already broken my resolve not to cry out. My back is on fire, and one of my nipples has been damaged by one of the wicked scourge knots. Can I take eleven more? The salt in my wounds stings so much! I thought I could faint, but it will do no good. They will just revive me until I have taken all 30 lashes. But the one thing, I will not do ... I still have my pride ... is tell them what they want to hear. I just hope that Eulalia and Dorothea can stand up to this torture as well as I can.

We will see. The last 11 will fall on wounded skin and hurt more than the previous 19.

Back
Top Bottom