Life On The Frontier

Go to CruxDreams.com

nardnob

Magistrate
Disclaimer -- Really, I'm a nice guy! :)

1. Prologue: The Gallic Wars

Julius Caesar's campaigns in Gaul (58-51 BC) are collectively termed the Gallic Wars. In 58 BC, Gallic agitation against the Suevi, a German tribe that had recently conquered territory in Gaul, and the threat of invasion by the Helvetii, a Celtic tribe from the area that is now Switzerland, gave Caesar a pretext to advance his career through war. Lack of cavalry support almost caused Caesar's defeat by the Helvetii at Bibracte, but his legions rallied and forced the Helvetii to withdraw (58). In the same year Caesar's army defeated and killed the Suevi's leader Ariovistus in Alsace after a hard campaign.

In 57, Caesar successfully met the attacks of the Gallic tribes of the Belgae and Nervii and established Roman control over what is now Belgium and northern France. The following year he conquered the Atlantic coast, thus isolating the central Gallic tribes, and massacred the German Usipites and Tencteri, who had entered Belgium. His invasions of Germany (55) and Britain (55 and 54) accomplished little but provided much publicity for Caesar.

The winter of 54 and most of 53 were spent in suppressing sporadic revolts in northern Gaul. The biggest threat came in 52 when a coalition of tribes in central Gaul under Vercingetorix (chieftain of the Averni) rose against the Romans. Caesar finally besieged Vercingetorix at Alesia. Famine overcame the defenders while Caesar's troops defeated a Gallic rear attack. Vercingetorix was brought to Rome, exhibited in Caesar's triumphal march, and executed. Serious Gallic resistance had now ended, but minor uprisings caused Caesar considerable frustration during 51 BC.

The Gallic Wars provided Caesar with wealth, a trained loyal army, and enormous popularity to use against his rivals at Rome.

2. Entertaining the Troops

When we captured Usipite or Tencteri women and girls, we liked to keep them around for as long as practical, to help boost the morale of our men so far from home. But always mindful of maintaining our strategic mobility, the practicalities as they were usually dictated they would be our honored guests for only a few days to a week at most. If fortunate, orders to break camp would come soon after news of perceived threat or opportunity, and the prisoner's throats were cut on-the-spot.

If not so lucky, men with idle time on their hands enthusiastically invented , perfected, practiced and taught to their comrades blood-craving rituals of torture-rape and murder. Barbarian females were usually executed in familial groups, but sometimes individually or together in multiple groups.

The following has been excerpted from officer's journals, describing some of these rituals in graphic detail.

Be forewarned, the reading ahead may be offensive to some civilized sensibilities!

Here I propose a 'collaborative story' -- post a few paragraphs describing your 'favorite ritual'...! :)

Now I'm outta time tonight, but here's a couple of ideas:
  • Witness: Younger girls first watch as their mothers and older siblings are cruelly torture-raped and crucified, suffer gang-rape in the death-yard to a cacaphony of inhuman screams, and ultimately join the chorus to the drumbeat of hammer-on-nail.
  • Harvest: Plump barbarian breasts may seem a tasty meal to many a starving soldier, so an auction is held to decide the two lucky winners -- each are then privileged to harvest his prize.

Nard, I'm sure it was a typo when you said young GIRLS instead of young WOMEN.

Exciting ideas Nardnob, I'm getting quivery imagining the scene already.​
'Young[er] girls' is probably safe, so long as you don't talk about their ages or call them children, but THT's advice is very wise.​
And the 'plump barbarian breasts' had better only be a sexual 'tasty meal' to many a sex-starving soldier!
;)

Exciting ideas Nardnob, I'm getting quivery imagining the scene already.​
'Young[er] girls' is probably safe, so long as you don't talk about their ages or call them children, but THT's advice is very wise.​
And the 'plump barbarian breasts' had better only be a sexual 'tasty meal' to many a sex-starving soldier!​
;)
yes sometimes is that stony broke tree very wise and....................very rarely melting too. A real tree isn't dear Eulalia? :D:D

Lest we forget the high moral standard to which the Legion is held accountable, Caesar has decreed that all virgins be sent to Rome as slaves.
hhheeuuuuhhh the emperor??????????.............me??????????:D

nardnob said;"... Plump barbarian breasts may seem a tasty meal ..."
Breast'women are essentially compounded by fat, I'm not sure that's a "tasty meal"!!!:p

nardnob said;"... Plump barbarian breasts may seem a tasty meal ..."
Breast'women are essentially compounded by fat, I'm not sure that's a "tasty meal"!!!:p
In fantasy they may be (not a fantasy of mine, however), as it may be hot, in fantasy, to cut them off (It would be an uggly mess in reality, bot who cares about reality, as hopefully nobody in here actually considers doing something like this).
I could now go into a "Freudian" explanation what this fantasy means, but isn't "sucking the nipple" already a memory of one of our ferst delightful experiences on this world (and thus some form of eating)...?

In fantasy they may be (not a fantasy of mine, however), as it may be hot, in fantasy, to cut them off (It would be an uggly mess in reality, bot who cares about reality, as hopefully nobody in here actually considers doing something like this).
I could now go into a "Freudian" explanation what this fantasy means, but isn't "sucking the nipple" already a memory of one of our ferst delightful experiences on this world (and thus some form of eating)...?

How breast'women have a great importance! and that's good; we are proud of them!It's our Standart:rolleyes:

How breast'women have a great importance! and that's good; we are proud of them!It's our Standart:rolleyes:
Nardnob could feed them to the dogs... to stay in line with the board rules, but this would be kind of devaluating, isn't it? (assuming that the act is not seen as in violation of the "no dismemberment" rule")
"As a trophy"...would be another "explanation", but I am not sure if a roman soldier would have kept them in a jar ;)

So things that seemingly are cannibalistic, at a close second look are not really!
All malles (and some women) like to "eat pussy" and to "chew on a nipple" (figuratively).
This symbolism should be kept in mind when considering what is "playing with words" and what is actually cannibalism.
I don't think that Nardrob (like most others who are using such "explanations" for the cutting) spent more than half a thought on the feast-part of this.

And one can do so many "nice" things to them ;)

And one can do so many "nice" things to them ;)
Like! two likes! three likes, a lot of likes.....Mmmmmmmm:rolleyes:
can I help sometimes I mean not the sitelikes but with you likes.......................yes a shiver through my spine:D and yes that like this cruel, but you girlies hard niples loving old gourmand:D

Second Disclaimer: Really, I LOVE women!

Admittedly I was beyond the end of my day when I hurriedly tossed out those two 'ideas'. Permit me now make some revisionist amends, and add a third:
  • Witness: Virgin slaves bound for Rome watch from cages as their mothers and older relations are cruelly torture-raped and crucified, witnessing gang-rape in the death-yard to a cacophony of inhuman screams, punctuated by the drumbeat of hammer-on-nail.
  • Motivate: Plump barbarian breasts are a tasty treat for Molossus war-dogs, driving them to a mad blood-thirsting frenzy for barbarian flesh. So a most inspiring spectacle may be orchestrated at dawn on the day of battle to motivate the Legion, every fighting man and dog, to rise forth and 'seize the day'.
  • Challenge: Barbarian females are secured to stakes or trees in a variety of positions at challenging distances for Sagittarii to demonstrate their marksmanship. Great sport is made as wagers are briskly placed amongst the cheering spectators, while a serial-rape orgy of desirable prisoners is offered to the most skilled contestants.
archery1.jpg archery2.jpg archery3.jpg

Mean! ;)
Don't forget to work in some "teasing", for it not to be a "un-spirited slaughtering"...

While I was driving to work today, a thought suddenly struck me -- so I googled 'Eulalia' and 'Celtic'. And the result? Well, at least 1 author claims 'Eulalia' is an ancient Celtic war cry meaning 'Victory'. While his interpretation is not widely shared or corroborated by scholarly reference, it works for me...

Their menfolk were always shouting 'Eulalia!' or some such barbarian gibberish before entering into battle to be slaughtered by the stalwart veterans of Legio VII. Since the prisoners understood not a word of Latin profanity, our men soon learned to tauntingly call them all 'Eulalia' -- which often enough caused the subject to hide behind her hands in teary-eyed, mournful humiliation.

My 'sex-in-the-head' fantasies have grown a bit wearisome here of late -- another helpless victim on a rack, another evil inquisitor, yada yada yada. Perhaps subconsciously I've been searching for new historical fiction to explore, and in these Gallic Wars scenarios I now consciously realize I may have found it. The sweep and scope of events -- in terms of the number and stature of participants, the grand theater upon which they played, and the influence on history and thus the world in which we live today -- is jaw-dropping. And though a history buff, I know next-to-nothing about the subject. So I'm intrigued now to build historically-accurate framework within which to spin deliciously wicked serial tales, such that the time invested may perhaps actually result in some redeeming real-world value...:)

Back
Top Bottom