Phoebe of Ostia

Go to CruxDreams.com
Thing is quite innovative, and I mean that in the best way possible. Not like a passive aggressive “Welp, that’s interesting” but a real “I haven’t seen this before.

If I may ask, is there a practical reason for bringing the rapist back into town or is this just to give him a post homunous date? I would have thought criminals like him would be left on the side of the road to rot.

Thing is quite innovative, and I mean that in the best way possible. Not like a passive aggressive “Welp, that’s interesting” but a real “I haven’t seen this before.

If I may ask, is there a practical reason for bringing the rapist back into town or is this just to give him a post homunous date? I would have thought criminals like him would be left on the side of the road to rot.
From the hygeine/public health perspective mixing dead bodies in among the living is a great way to start an epidemic.

To be honest, while I liked the first chapter very much and the idea of her having to take the corpse down from the cross that she would be set on herself was a novel twist on Roman crucifixions (which are, lets say, so well covered here that finding something new or interesting to say about them is not that easy) this chapter went a bridge too far for me.

From the hygeine/public health perspective mixing dead bodies in among the living is a great way to start an epidemic.

To be honest, while I liked the first chapter very much and the idea of her having to take the corpse down from the cross that she would be set on herself was a novel twist on Roman crucifixions (which are, lets say, so well covered here that finding something new or interesting to say about them is not that easy) this chapter went a bridge too far for me.

I don’t want to say it went too far for me, but it seems like some things didn’t make sense. Why wait an entire day marching to the gets, getting a corpse, and marching back to prison with the corpse, to march back out the next day to be crucified. I get the idea of adding insult to injury, but there appears to be a backlog of inmates who need to be served, and it probably would have saved time to just have her crucified after she took the rapist off the cross.

That being said, I would advise Juan to ignore all criticism’s of works in progress until the first draft is done, because that’s how you get stuck. You can retcon some things later.

I used to be very worried about my fantasies - which are pretty grim, I've imagined seeing the body of another girl being unchained and left lying on the ground just where I'm going to be chained up an beaten to death or left to die - so not unlike yours, though I've never thought of being bound to a dead body for the night before I'm crucified, that's certainly a sadistic twist!

But finding this place where I can reveal my dark fantasies and share them without being condemned or locked up is a great help - I know people here aren't evil, we don't let our darkness spill over into real life - if anything, many of my friends here are probably more gentle, sensitive and caring than most, simply because they do face up to their darkness and let it play in this safe zone.

Eulalia you have perfectly described why I joined this forum and the type of person I am. You have shown a lot of courage with what you said today and I applaud you for it. Thank you very much :applaudit:

I used to be very worried about my fantasies - which are pretty grim, I've imagined seeing the body of another girl being unchained and left lying on the ground just where I'm going to be chained up an beaten to death or left to die - so not unlike yours, though I've never thought of being bound to a dead body for the night before I'm crucified, that's certainly a sadistic twist!

But finding this place where I can reveal my dark fantasies and share them without being condemned or locked up is a great help - I know people here aren't evil, we don't let our darkness spill over into real life - if anything, many of my friends here are probably more gentle, sensitive and caring than most, simply because they do face up to their darkness and let it play in this safe zone.

Well put Eul, this is a great part of the value of this group. We are nice people. Every one of you I have met in real life or engaged with online over many years is a nice person. We mean harm to no-one. We have fantasies, and we deal with them. The most important message? You are not alone, and there is nothing wrong with you!

Interesting story Juan, let's see where it goes.

You're right, it doesn't make a lot of practical sense. :) I almost just had her carry the body to the dump and then come back to be crucified, which would make much more sense. But I had the image of her spending the night tied body-to-body with this corpse, and I just decided to go for it. I figured probably some people wouldn't be fans, but oh well. It should be easy to skip part 2 and still have a similar, fairly cohesive story that makes more logical sense.

You're right, it doesn't make a lot of practical sense. :) I almost just had her carry the body to the dump and then come back to be crucified, which would make much more sense. But I had the image of her spending the night tied body-to-body with this corpse, and I just decided to go for it. I figured probably some people wouldn't be fans, but oh well. It should be easy to skip part 2 and still have a similar, fairly cohesive story that makes more logical sense.
Go where your muse takes you, Juan. ;)

Your muse might not be my muse, or Windar's, but it's good to do as Eul has suggested, and get your fantasy out in print. Sometimes they even surprise you!

Back
Top Bottom