Go to CruxDreams.com
Thank you again, everyone.

On her fifth day, Anges was put on the rack!

The pain was unbearable and Anges knew her torturers would stop if she confessed. But she summoned every ounce of fleeting strength she had and continued to resist. From the corner of her eye, she could see the High Examiner filled with frustration.

The Witch-Rack1-LR.jpgThe Witch-Rack1-S-LR.jpg

Before Agnes passed out with her limbs stretched to their limits, she heard the High Examiner exclaim, “Why is she so bloody stubborn? We should hast been finished!”

The Witch-Rack2-LR.jpg

Having not confessed, Agnes was dragged backed to her cell. Agnes knew that the persistence in her innocence had angered the High Examiner. Her torturers didn’t bother shackling her or visiting her for her nightly violations. She had the abysmal feeling that this was the calm before the storm.

The Witch-Brink-LR.jpg

The first rendering is especially for @wulf because of his fondness for racks. I went with historical accuracy, basing it on a classic illustration, but also modeled it after one of his favorite pictures.

rack001.jpgIMG_0902A.jpg

The first rendering is especially for @wulf because of his fondness for racks. I went with historical accuracy, basing it on a classic illustration, but also modeled it after one of his favorite pictures.

View attachment 1419794View attachment 1419795
Thank you Sir, but I'm not the only rack aficionado here on CF, and I'm sure everyone appreciates these rack images. I recognized the classic early racking mechanism and you did an outstanding job recreating it. Well done, and thank you for sharing.

Btw, you're correct that Ms. Dia Zerva is a favorite of mine :)very_hot:), especially when on a rack. You picked a good image to model.

Last edited:

On her fifth day, Anges was put on the rack!

The pain was unbearable and Anges knew her torturers would stop if she confessed. But she summoned every ounce of fleeting strength she had and continued to resist. From the corner of her eye, she could see the High Examiner filled with frustration.

View attachment 1419789View attachment 1419790
Keep the torture coming. The story is just getting good.

Yes. What they said. Each picture is better than the last. If this is to be your comeback, the only thing I dare suggest, with great humility and supplication, is some lovely victims with long long hair. :D

But I’ll be thankful anything you share with us. These works are treasures!

Thank you again, everyone. I’m glad you’re all enjoying this.

By special requests, the next set in THE WITCH will be a flashback to Gilly’s ordeal. Then I’ll return for Agnes’ sixth examination day, which will have a crux theme.

Flashback time. This time to how the witch hunt began. Agnes Walker was dear friends with the flame-haired maidservant Geillis “Gilly” Duncan, an aspiring herbalist. Agnes and Gilly were inseparable.

The Witch-Gilly1-LR.jpg

After healing Agnes’ young daughter, word of Gilly’s talents spread throughout East Lothian and her renown made her in demand.

Yet, not everyone was fond of Gilly’s works. Her exploits roused the suspicions of her ambitious employer, David Seton, a lesser scion of the powerful noble Seton Clan. Seton lusted after Gilly, but she rebuked his advances. In retaliation, he accused her of witchcraft.

The Witch-Gilly2-LR.jpg

Conducting his examination of Gilly in secret on his estate, Seton researched various Inquisition methods to determine their effectiveness, even those disfavored in Scotland. With makeshift torture devices of his own creation, he put them to use on the poor lass.

Thank you @bastndo for the inspiration.

The Witch-Gilly4-LR.jpg

Unfettered by law or common decency and fueled by religious zeal, Seton used his barn as a private torture chamber and interrogated poor Anges for days until she eventually confessed to being a witch and named her alleged accomplices, including her beloved friend Agnes.

The long-hair is just as you requested, @mp5stab

The Witch-Gilly5-LR.jpg

Thank you again, everyone. The one-day reprieve is over!

On the fourth day of her examination, Agnes was subjected to the savage simplicity and effectiveness of a flogging.

Agnes was surprised by its ferocity. She had been whipped with a birch as a child, but nothing prepared her for this.

View attachment 1415615
Can't believe I'm only just seeing this thread. Fantastic stuff @Steve ! Words and images both!

Back
Top Bottom