Go to CruxDreams.com

My ancestors were indeed here in 1834, but I'm not aware of any who wielded a whip, though two of them were married by Samuel Marsden "the flogging parson".

I'll have a hunt through the family papers and see if I can find a diary that reveals all.

I do have this manip of another adventure that Barb had down under
ph379.jpg

My ancestors were indeed here in 1834, but I'm not aware of any who wielded a whip, though two of them were married by Samuel Marsden "the flogging parson".

I'll have a hunt through the family papers and see if I can find a diary that reveals all.

View attachment 1463642
Those nipples are certainly tumescent, and she looks as though she is in sub-space.

And in Australia, the pub most likely only serves beer, no Riesling! :eusa_doh:

Lox, I think Australia is the 4th biggest producer of riesling in the world, and we've been growing it since the 1840s, not long after this story.

It might come as a shock but we don't have squirrels here, you will never see one in the wild. Their tree dwelling niche is taken by these
RingtailPossumSquare.png

But maybe what they saw were these?
SEI_143604687.jpg

Lox, I think Australia is the 4th biggest producer of riesling in the world, and we've been growing it since the 1840s, not long after this story.
And you make pretty good wine with it -
all the same, isn't this the alternative national anthem?

View attachment 1463642
Barbs ancestor looks like she's fantasizing about her harsh whipping

Indeed, it looks like that particular recording dates from the 70s. Apparently there was a real pub, and "the 1957 song, which became Australia's first international hit, was based on the poem A Pub Without Beer written by Ingham sugarcane farmer and poet Dan Sheahan in the Day Dawn Hotel, now known as Lees Hotel, in Ingham in 1943. "

I didn't know the story until now, Americans were involved!

In December 1943, American servicemen from the 22nd Bomb Group passed through Ingham en route to Port Moresby, stopped at the Day Dawn Hotel overnight and drank all the beer. The following day Dan Sheahan rode his horse 30 kilometres to the hotel only to learn there was no beer. He had a glass of wine instead, sat in the pub and wrote the poem.

Over paid, over sexed, over here and drinking all the beer!

Lees_Hotel_Commemorative_plaque.jpg

My remark about Riesling was about the 1834 era, so not historically incorrect! :roto2nuse: ;)
Like @phlebas alluded, no rodents in Australia prior to European settlement but we only got the vermin like rats and not the cute ones…
I can catch a few furry tailed cuties in my garden and send them down under, if you like! They are not dangerous, unlike the local fauna! :D

austr.jpg

They quickly take us, throwing us to the ground and binding us by our wrists and ankles to long sturdy hunting poles. An aborigine takes hold of each end of the pole and we are suddenly suspended, arms and legs high, backs low to the ground.

I am not sure of their customs but am fairly sure that we will not be on the menu tonight. As to our fate, right now I am only concerned with the rough wooden pole scraping at my wrists and ankles as they carry us along, swaying back and forth like wild hogs at the end of a day’s hunting.

A multicultural encounter as interlude! Including the use of the local way of public transport. :D

JUMP OR SURRENDER?

This episode ends with a real cliffhanger! :roto2palm:

But where had you thought to escape to? You are on a big island, half the world away from home!:doh::tiburon:

In those days it would have been rum

Like @phlebas alluded, no rodents in Australia prior to European settlement but we only got the vermin like rats and not the cute ones…
Unfortunately, I only know one type of Australian beer, Fosters Lager.
s-l1600.jpg

Back
Top Bottom