Albanius' Very Bad Day

Go to CruxDreams.com

Naraku

Draconarius
Jedakk's tutorial on cross making inspired me. I mean, really inspired me. I got the idea for this story and wrote the whole thing in about two hours. That's crazy! My last story probably took a hundred hours or more. This thing just seemed to flow out of me.
Of course, it is short. And it's kind of a shaggy dog story: a long set up for a silly punchline. And, because I wrote it so quickly, it may seem a bit unpolished. But, it is just a silly little thing. Hope you like it.

Albanius' Very Bad Day

By Naraku

Albanius the Bandit was having a very bad day. In fact, he had been having a bad week. It had begun with his being captured by the Romans. They would never have caught him if he hadn't been so drunk that he could barely stand up straight much less fight or run. Gods damn that Lupia, he bet she deliberately got him drunk so she could turn him in for the reward.

Then, they put him chains and marched him for three days down to Camulodunum. If he had hoped for any sympathy from his fellow Britons, he was disappointed. After all, Boudica had been dead for over a hundred years. They were all good Roman citizens now and did not see him as a rebel, but as what he was: a thief and a murderer. Well, if he was being completely honest, that's pretty much how he saw himself. And to make sure everyone knew it, the soldiers hung a sign around his neck with those very words painted on it. So, every little village, hamlet and town they passed through, people turned out to get a look at the man being marched along in chains. And, when they read the sign - or had it read to them - they hurled everything from insults to rotten food to shit at him.

By the time they got to Camulodunum, he was filthy, hungry, sore and exhausted. At least he got to rest for two days until the Governor returned from Londinium. Two days in a filthy, damp, cold cell. Two days of gruel, hard bread and sour wine. Some rest.

At least the trial was quick. He was guilty. No question about it. There were lots of witnesses. He knew he should have been more careful and killed people after robbing them. But, what could he do, he was too kind hearted. He could beat the men and rape the women, but he couldn't bring himself to kill them unless they fought back. But, some of them had, so that made him a murderer. It wouldn't have matter anyway. He talked too much, especially when he was drunk. And, he drank too much. So, he bragged about his exploits to anyone within earshot. The Governor wasted no time. He pronounced him guilty and sentenced him to be crucified.

And, that's when thing started getting really bad.

They dragged him into the courtyard, stripped him, bound him to a pillar and began his whipping. They beat him until he howled like an animal then continued beating him until his back was a bloody mess. And, to add insult to his injuries, they taunted him. They especially joked about how such a big man could have such a small penis. He wanted to tell them it wasn't really small, it was just cold. But, the pain of having his back flayed with the flagellum, made it difficult to respond.

Things got worse. They laid the patibulum across his shoulders and tied his arms around it. They hauled him up to his feet and marched him out the gate and into the streets. The people of the capital were a more sophisticated lot than those in the countryside. They had seen lots of men and women paraded naked through the streets, on their way to be crucified. They didn't throw shit at him. In fact, most barely took notice of him. Some did though, and they did shout insults. Mostly, about the size of his penis. Gods damn them, he thought, hadn't they ever heard of shrinkage?

The walk to the crucifixion site was less than a mile. For Albanius, it seemed to take forever. He collapsed to his knees when they stopped, then fell to the ground breaking his nose. One more bad thing.

The Romans untied the patibulum, rolled him onto his back and held him down for the nailing. He wanted to fight them off, but he was too exhausted. They stretched out his arms and pressed the first nail to his right wrist. And then the hammer fell. He felt a pain like he had never felt before. He screamed like he had never screamed before. He screamed just as loudly when they nailed his right wrist.

Two men took hold of each end of the patibulum and lifted it up, pulling Albanius to his feet. He didn't want to get up, he wanted to just lie there. But, the nails dragging his wrists gave him no choice. He screamed in pain again. They paid him no mind and lifted the patibulum up till it was at the top of the stipes. A fifth Roman climbed a small step ladder and moved the crossbeam into position so that the mortise hole in the center was positioned directly over the tenon cut into the top of the stipes.

And that's when thing got much worse.

There should have been a "thunk" as the patibulum was dropped into place. Instead, there was a bump. And then another bump. The crossbeam was bounced sending new waves of agony down Albanus' arms and through his entire body.

" What's wrong?" asked the officer in command.

"It doesn't fit." replied the soldier on the ladder.

"What do you mean it doesn't fit?"

"The hole's too small for the thingee."

"You mean the mortise is too small for the tenon?"

"Yes, sir."

"Well, how did that happen? Who cut the patibulum?"

"The new guy, Crispus."

"Didn't he use the template?"

The soldier on the ladder looked at the others. One of the ones holding the left side of the beam spoke up: "I don't think anyone told him about the template."

"Well", said the commander. "Fix it!"

"How, sir?" asked the one on the ladder, "The only tool we brought was the hammer."

The commander slapped his hand against his forehead: "Fuck! Fine. Put him down and one of you run back and get a chisel."

So, they lowered the patibulum and leaned it and Albanius against the stipes while one of the soldiers ran back to the fort.

And, as he sat there, his back torn to shreds, his wrists nailed, every muscle and nerve in his body in the most terrible pain he could ever imagine; Albanius thought: "Well, at least this day can't get any worse".

And that's when it started raining.

Wow, that's a lot faster than I ever manage to get anything written! Although in addition to all of the other bad things that happened, they nailed his right wrist twice! :devil: I'm glad that old PDF still could provide some inspiration after all these years.

I happened to have a picture of Albanus the thief (not Albanius, but close enough) on his cross after they finally got his patibulum fixed. Can't see all of the titulus in this view, but it does say Albanus - thief in Latin!

414766-1ec216264cf0524a63f6bb8fac94ad93.jpg

Attachments

• Lucilla Scene 13x1-74_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x1-74_0001.jpg
    622.6 KB · Views: 361
Wow, that's a lot faster than I ever manage to get anything written! Although in addition to all of the other bad things that happened, they nailed his right wrist twice! :devil: I'm glad that old PDF still could provide some inspiration after all these years.

I happened to have a picture of Albanus the thief (not Albanius, but close enough) on his cross after they finally got his patibulum fixed. Can't see all of the titulus in this view, but it does say Albanus - thief in Latin!

Well, whaddaya know? So it does. "Albanus the thief". And to make things worse, nobody is looking at him. They all want to watch the blonde girl. :p

At least it stopped raining. :rolleyes:

Nice quick read, Naraku. Amusing ending. :devil:

Well, whaddaya know? So it does. "Albanus the thief". And to make things worse, nobody is looking at him. They all want to watch the blonde girl. :p

When you're naked and helpless it might be better not to draw attention to yourself!

In this scene, he's hanging there looking down between his legs wondering why in hell do I have an erection and how do I keep anyone from seeing, because all of the responses he can imagine will only make his day worse!

415421-8fd11b166adfab39da9def8eb2e3cf36.jpg

And now there's a woman eyeing it, and bad things are sure to follow...

415420-5e76deeb79493df6c875765822a504c3.jpg

Attachments

• Lucilla Scene 13x4a-18_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-18_0001.jpg
    990.3 KB · Views: 310
  • Lucilla Scene 13x4a-74_0001.jpg
    Lucilla Scene 13x4a-74_0001.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 302
Jedakk's tutorial on cross making inspired me. I mean, really inspired me. I got the idea for this story and wrote the whole thing in about two hours. That's crazy! My last story probably took a hundred hours or more. This thing just seemed to flow out of me.
Of course, it is short. And it's kind of a shaggy dog story: a long set up for a silly punchline. And, because I wrote it so quickly, it may seem a bit unpolished. But, it is just a silly little thing. Hope you like it.

Albanius' Very Bad Day

By Naraku

Albanius the Bandit was having a very bad day. In fact, he had been having a bad week. It had begun with his being captured by the Romans. They would never have caught him if he hadn't been so drunk that he could barely stand up straight much less fight or run. Gods damn that Lupia, he bet she deliberately got him drunk so she could turn him in for the reward.

Then, they put him chains and marched him for three days down to Camulodunum. If he had hoped for any sympathy from his fellow Britons, he was disappointed. After all, Boudica had been dead for over a hundred years. They were all good Roman citizens now and did not see him as a rebel, but as what he was: a thief and a murderer. Well, if he was being completely honest, that's pretty much how he saw himself. And to make sure everyone knew it, the soldiers hung a sign around his neck with those very words painted on it. So, every little village, hamlet and town they passed through, people turned out to get a look at the man being marched along in chains. And, when they read the sign - or had it read to them - they hurled everything from insults to rotten food to shit at him.

By the time they got to Camulodunum, he was filthy, hungry, sore and exhausted. At least he got to rest for two days until the Governor returned from Londinium. Two days in a filthy, damp, cold cell. Two days of gruel, hard bread and sour wine. Some rest.

At least the trial was quick. He was guilty. No question about it. There were lots of witnesses. He knew he should have been more careful and killed people after robbing them. But, what could he do, he was too kind hearted. He could beat the men and rape the women, but he couldn't bring himself to kill them unless they fought back. But, some of them had, so that made him a murderer. It wouldn't have matter anyway. He talked too much, especially when he was drunk. And, he drank too much. So, he bragged about his exploits to anyone within earshot. The Governor wasted no time. He pronounced him guilty and sentenced him to be crucified.

They dragged him into the courtyard, stripped him, bound him to a pillar and began his whipping. They beat him until he howled like an animal then continued beating him until his back was a bloody mess. And, to add insult to his injuries, they taunted him. They especially joked about how such a big man could have such a small penis. He wanted to tell them it wasn't really small, it was just cold. But, the pain of having his back flayed with the flagellum, made it difficult to respond.

Things got worse. They laid the patibulum across his shoulders and tied his arms around it. They hauled him up to his feet and marched him out the gate and into the streets. The people of the capital were a more sophisticated lot than those in the countryside. They had seen lots of men and women paraded naked through the streets, on their way to be crucified. They didn't throw shit at him. In fact, most barely took notice of him. Some did though, and they did shout insults. Mostly, about the size of his penis. Gods damn them, he thought, hadn't they ever heard of shrinkage?

The walk to the crucifixion site was less than a mile. For Albanius, it seemed to take forever. He collapsed to his knees when they stopped, then fell to the ground breaking his nose. One more bad thing.

The Romans untied the patibulum, rolled him onto his back and held him down for the nailing. He wanted to fight them off, but he was too exhausted. They stretched out his arms and pressed the first nail to his right wrist. And then the hammer fell. He felt a pain like he had never felt before. He screamed like he had never screamed before. He screamed just as loudly when they nailed his right wrist.

Two men took hold of each end of the patibulum and lifted it up, pulling Albanius to his feet. He didn't want to get up, he wanted to just lie there. But, the nails dragging his wrists gave him no choice. He screamed in pain again. They paid him no mind and lifted the patibulum up till it was at the top of the stipes. A fifth Roman climbed a small step ladder and moved the crossbeam into position so that the mortise hole in the center was positioned directly over the tenon cut into the top of the stipes.

There should have been a "thunk" as the patibulum was dropped into place. Instead, there was a bump. And then another bump. The crossbeam was bounced sending new waves of agony down Albanus' arms and through his entire body.

"Yes, sir."

"The new guy, Crispus."

The soldier on the ladder looked at the others. One of the ones holding the left side of the beam spoke up: "I don't think anyone told him about the template."

"How, sir?" asked the one on the ladder, "The only tool we brought was the hammer."

The commander slapped his hand against his forehead: "Fuck! Fine. Put him down and one of you run back and get a chisel."

So, they lowered the patibulum and leaned it and Albanius against the stipes while one of the soldiers ran back to the fort.

And, as he sat there, his back torn to shreds, his wrists nailed, every muscle and nerve in his body in the most terrible pain he could ever imagine; Albanius thought: "Well, at least this day can't get any worse".

Bloody excellent, Naraku! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

View attachment 415428 This scene makes me wonder what the guys in the back row of the onlookers are saying to one another, what the girl in red is thinking (I like the expression on her face) and what's in the basket held by the other girl.

If I've got my Jedakkology right, the girl in red is Sabina ;)

indeed, because the women in red is Sabina

There are two girls in red there, and while the dark-haired one closer to the camera is Sabina, I think she's talking about the one just on the far side of Albanus who seems to be studying his erect penis with interest. As to her, it's like this:

I originally had her out in front of Lucilla, the blonde that the executioners are working on at the moment, but that wasn't a good place for her as she ended up in the way of some otherwise excellent views. Rather than just delete her from the scene, I moved her into the crowd around Sabina, and there was an open space right there just beyond Albanus.

Sometime before that, I decided to crank up Albanus' penis, even though being nailed to a cross has made his penis somewhat irrelevant. But this is perhaps his penis' last stand, so to speak, and it's blissfully unaware of the desperate straits of its owner. Albanus in his agony still has enough presence of mind to reflect on this and wonder what the hell as he grows more frantic for it to relax.

Now the girl behind Albanus, who was watching what was being done to Lucilla, can't help but notice the state of things between Albanus' legs. Since in this case I'm the Creator and thus almighty and omnipotent as regards this scene, I can say that she's smiling as she thinks of the entertaining range of possibilities that have sprung up concurrently with that tumescence. And Albanus is horrified because he knows what executioners often do when a man has an erection on the cross.

So Albanus is currently doing his best to think about the ancient Roman equivalent of baseball, and the girl in red is about to get the attention of the executioners, tell them to cinch a thong around the base of his penis, tightly, to maintain things as they are so they can take their time and have some fun with this.

Those two guys in the crowd talking, the one in back is telling the one in front of him about the skills of that new Thracian girl over at Lucius' tavern, no mystery about that.:devil:

There are two girls in red there, and while the dark-haired one closer to the camera is Sabina, I think she's talking about the one just on the far side of Albanus who seems to be studying his erect penis with interest. As to her, it's like this:

I originally had her out in front of Lucilla, the blonde that the executioners are working on at the moment, but that wasn't a good place for her as she ended up in the way of some otherwise excellent views. Rather than just delete her from the scene, I moved her into the crowd around Sabina, and there was an open space right there just beyond Albanus.

Sometime before that, I decided to crank up Albanus' penis, even though being nailed to a cross has made his penis somewhat irrelevant. But this is perhaps his penis' last stand, so to speak, and it's blissfully unaware of the desperate straits of its owner. Albanus in his agony still has enough presence of mind to reflect on this and wonder what the hell as he grows more frantic for it to relax.

Now the girl behind Albanus, who was watching what was being done to Lucilla, can't help but notice the state of things between Albanus' legs. Since in this case I'm the Creator and thus almighty and omnipotent as regards this scene, I can say that she's smiling as she thinks of the entertaining range of possibilities that have sprung up concurrently with that tumescence. And Albanus is horrified because he knows what executioners often do when a man has an erection on the cross.

So Albanus is currently doing his best to think about the ancient Roman equivalent of baseball, and the girl in red is about to get the attention of the executioners, tell them to cinch a thong around the base of his penis, tightly, to maintain things as they are so they can take their time and have some fun with this.

Those two guys in the crowd talking, the one in back is telling the one in front of him about the skills of that new Thracian girl over at Lucius' tavern, no mystery about that.:devil:

Ask a simple question :rolleyes::p:D I need to go back and revisit that story.

Shit. I did have them nail his right wrist twice.:eek:
Well, that's what happens when you write something quickly; you don't properly proofread.:rolleyes:

Cool coincidence with the names. I was just looking for a Romano-British sounding name. Albanus and Albanius probably both come from the Latin "alba", meaning white, so we can call both of them Whitey.:cool:

I'm glad you all got a chuckle out of it.

Albanius' Very Bad Day

By Naraku

"Yes, sir."

"The new guy, Crispus."

A fun read Naraku, good job!
It looks like Murphy's Law has struck the Romans:p

I was just looking for a Romano-British sounding name. Albanus and Albanius probably both come from the Latin "alba"
In the case of St Alban, probably so. However, the (ultimately related) Celtic root 'alba'
originally 'bright, shining', came to be used as a name for the island of Britain (Albion),
and later by the Scots as the name of their kingdom - originally the former Pictish lands
between the Forth and the Moray Firth, eventually the whole of what is now Scotland in English,
but still Alba in Gaelic.

In the case of St Alban, probably so. However, the (ultimately related) Celtic root 'alba'
originally 'bright, shining', came to be used as a name for the island of Britain (Albion),
and later by the Scots as the name of their kingdom - originally the former Pictish lands
between the Forth and the Moray Firth, eventually the whole of what is now Scotland in English,
but still Alba in Gaelic.
Maybe Albanius is Scottish. But, he wouldn't have been a Scot, since the Scotti were still in Ireland.
Maybe he's a Novantae. They were the tribe living in Galloway during Roman times and may have spoken Gaelic...or Pictish, no one really knows.

hmmmm, look how the woman in red seems to enjoy seeing a naked man at the cross........

Yeah, we discussed that quite a bit earlier in these comments. Both she and the crucified man are thinking about all of the entertaining things that might be done with his erection, just from opposite perspectives.

Back
Top Bottom