Alone On A Cross

Go to CruxDreams.com
by Cycle

A set of black handcuffs are on the desk next to the computer I’m writing this story on. A set of black leg shackles lay next to them. It’s been a long time since I spent the weekend locked in their embrace and they may get used tonight. I’m thinking back to what happened a year ago. My first story here was complete fiction. But quite a lot of this story is true … it’s my personal Crux experience.

It started years ago as a child. Long before I learned about sex. I always liked shedding my clothes and finding various ways of restraining my wrists, legs and body. Then I’d struggle to get free. Then I’d do it again. It was back then that I’d loop rope around the frame of my bunk beds and hang from my wrists. I knew nothing about crux then. I knew it hurt. But somehow, I was drawn to it.

That was then. I gave it all up years ago as I attempted to fit in. But I never did. I went through several phases of buying handcuffs, chains and shackles. I’d use them several months. Then either hurt myself or become ashamed. I still remember all the places I dumped the hardware. Like a criminal, I’d stealthily dispose of the evidence and long for a normal life, with normal people, normal desires. It never happened.

I don’t even remember the first crux picture I saw, never made a religious connection. But to this day, I continue to be amazed that a symbol of execution is what people hold while they pray, revere and worship. If Jesus arrived in our time, the symbol could have been a noose, a gas chamber, an electric chair or a syringe. I know, sorry, I think too much.

Last year, when the last member of my family was claimed by cancer and I became truly alone in the world, I stopped throwing away the handcuffs. Then the cross came into my life. The picture of the woman on the cross at sunrise/sunset has burned itself into my memory. Then I saw a sample of the Alice video. I had to try it.

I’m too alone, too unacceptable to the world to ever try anything in public or with anyone. It’s always behind closed doors. Locked away from the world. Alone.

After studying pictures, I drew up my own plans. Bought the wood. The bolts. The rope. It was built a year ago. 6x6 hard wood. Standing eight feet tall. Nails of course were out of the question, but at night, when sleep is hard to come by, I sometimes wonder what nails would feel like.

So what kind of knot can you tie around your wrist that won’t do permanent damage? How to tie your feet? Back to the internet. The place where we all find out what we need to know. It may not be always be right, but at least it’s a starting point.

After a few dry runs … it’s time.

Six loops of heavy black rope around the wrists. Then tie another loop in the rope that can be tossed over the cross-beam and hopefully catch the hook screwed into the wood. I walk over to the base of the cross. The 6x6 rough wood upright and crossbeam dominate the room. No nails, but it’s still frightening. My heart rate begins to increase.

A small, three step ladder sits at the base. My last remnants of clothing come off. To the world, I know I’m disgusting. Tall, thin, pale. So no cameras are set up. This is for me. I sit on the step stool and look up at the cross beam. It’s high above me, but as a pathetic geek, I’ve done the math. I’ll be able to reach just fine.

One foot is placed on top of the other. The heel rests just on the opposite side of the lower ankle. Three loops around both feet, then one through both toes, around the ankle and under the bottom foot. A large loop is delicately balanced between my ankles.

It’s time …

Using my already roped hands, I push myself up. My bound feet barely clear the top step. I rest my heels on the edge of the step and slowly try to stand. The edge of the small step ladder digs into the bottom of my feet. I laugh. The pain is nothing compared to what I’m expecting. It’s not that I like pain. Pain hurts, but I continue on. I have to know what it’s like.

Standing up, I find my attempt to do the math has failed. The cross beam is a little too high. I edge myself closer to the rough upright. The rope around my feet allows next to no movement, but I’m able to inch closer to the cross. Looking up, I reach my skinny, pale arms up and grab the cross piece. Looking down, I see the step ladder’s handle. It’s a good three inches above the top step. Looking directly ahead, I let my fingers take my body’s weight and lift my bound feet.

The ladder’s handle is barely half an inch wide. I’m only able to rest one heel on it. More pain in my lower foot. I laugh again. Nothing like what I’m expecting as I slowly push myself up the last few inches. I’ve made it.

My skinny, pale arms remain stretched along the cross piece. I look left, then right. Almost there. Gripping the cross tighter with one hand, I release the other hand and shake out the loop of the rope hanging from my wrist. Looking back, I attempt to sling it over the top of the cross piece and hope it’s long enough to catch on the hook I’ve screwed into the other side. A little short, but not too short. I try again. Failure. I try again. On the fifth try, the loop of rope catches the hook. Success!

I look the other way. Just like the first arm, the other takes five tosses of the loop of rope for it to slip over the hook on the back side of the cross beam. My arms are finally attached to the cross. I look straight ahead and realize my heart is racing. A layer of sweat now covers my pale, thin, naked body. I’m trembling just a bit too.

Looking down, my feet are still perched on the small handle of the step ladder, I briefly think I should kick it away. My family is gone. I’m truly alone in the world. I’m only somewhat successful in my career, and know I’ll only have just barely enough to survive, nothing more. And I’ll always be alone. Even with the despair of my terminal loneliness, I realize it’s not my time … yet. So I leave the step ladder in place.

Continuing to look at my bound feet, I realize that the heel that’s been supporting my weight is screaming in pain. I find myself laughing again. Nothing like what I’m expecting. Why is that so fucking funny, I wonder.

I look at one wrist, then the other. It’s time …

Slowly, I bend my knees and allow my wrists to take my body’s full weight. Pain in my wrists begins immediately. But I continue slowly transferring my weight. My arms are fully stretched out. Pain begins in my shoulders and my breathing quickens. Once my weight has been fully transferred to my wrists, I slowly pick my feet off the ladder and attempt to loop the rope that’s been delicately balanced between my ankles over hook screwed into the upright. It only takes one attempt to hook the foot rope.

I can’t breath! My pale, thin body is now covered in sweat. My wrists, arms and shoulders are screaming in pain. I look at my hands. They’re already an angry red. I look down at my feet which are also turning red from the rope tightly binding them together. They’re easy to see between my knees. I’ve tied my feet and positioned the hook so my knees are spread apart. Sweat rolls off my forehead. It covers my chest and my legs.

The pain in my wrists, my arms, my shoulders and my chest is nothing like I imagined. My heart continues to race. I can’t breath. I begin pushing with my legs. My thin, pale body rises a few inches. The pressure eases off my wrists, arms and shoulders. I can breath. Then the ropes tied tightly around my feet begin to cut into my skin. The rope between my toes begins to dig into my foot. My leg muscles begin to scream in protest.

Taking deep breaths, I look down at my nearly straight legs. Feeling the rope dig into my feet and the burn of my leg muscles, I look straight up and realize I’ve done my first Crux Dance. You can’t read more than two entries on Crux Blog or Crux Forum without reading about the Crux Dance. In-between desperate breaths, I manage a few staccato bursts of what might once have been a laugh.

As my breathing slows just a bit, the pain in my feet and legs becomes unbearable. I slowly allow myself to inch down. My back has been braced against the rough wood of the cross and as I slid down, I feel small splinters really are imbedding themselves in my skin. Another staccato burst of what might be a laugh. Just like the Crux Dance, you read about splinters tearing into the flesh of victims of the cross as they slide up and down.

I slowly transfer the weight back to my wrists. Pain like I never imagined returns. Breathing becomes almost immediately difficult. I try to shift from side to side. It’s an attempt to relieve the pain in one wrist, then the other. But it only makes it hurt more. And I still can’t breath. I remember a picture of Alice with her hips pushed out from the cross. I was sure she did it for our pleasure, but I try it anyway. No, it doesn’t help. I still can’t breath. The only thing that works is the Crux Dance.

Slowly, I push with my legs and my body rises a few inches. More splinters imbed themselves in my back on the way up. The ropes dig into my heels and in-between my toes as I gasp for breath. My heart is still racing and my body is still covered in sweat. But something has changed. I lick my lips and they’re completely dry. Amazing. Dehydration is already setting in.

As I breath deeply, I look out across the room. The walls are bare in my home. Normally, I’m asleep or at work and never at home. So why bother to put anything on the walls. My breathing slows as I remember one of the Crux pictures that I can’t forget. The woman on the cross at sunset. I wonder what it must have been like, nailed to a cross, outdoors, stripped, dying and seeing a sunset like that.

A new kind of pain shoots through my feet. I look down and rope going under my foot and through my toes has torn the skin. As pain shoots through my foot, I instinctively release my leg muscles and begin falling. My wrists take the full force as my thin body drops. My head snaps, my chin hits my chest hard. More pain shoots through my whole body. I remember seeing stars.

My head remains down, my chin on my chest as pain bounces from arm to arm. I’m breathing, but I’m only taking shallow, quick breaths. My heart is still racing. I notice I can no longer feel my fingers. I try to look up at my hands, but my head has become heavy. I try to lift my head again and manage to look at my left hand. It’s an angry, deep red and I realize it’s time to end this before I do lasting damage.

I look back down at my legs and feet. My legs are still covered in sweat. My feet are red and throbbing from the rope. I see blood oozing between my toes and onto the wood at the base of the cross. I catch a glimpse of my sex. While climbing up on the on the cross, it was hard and firm. Now, hanging on the cross, with pain raging through my body, it’s no longer firm. Dropping my chin back to my chest, another laugh gurgles up through my throat. I remember reading the stories on Crux Blog about people nailed to the cross and being brought to sexual climax. No fucking way I think to myself. This hurts too fucking much. Another gurgled laugh. I’m saying fuck a lot more.

My breathing is becoming labored again and I remember I’ve decided it’s time to end this. I look back between my spread knees. A small shiny metal hook is a few inches above my bloody feet. All I have to do is lift my feet up a little more than an inch and free the loop of rope holding my feet to the cross.

I take one more look around. I look at my thin, pale arms and legs. I look at my chest, desperately trying to inhale and more importantly, exhale the CO2 that I know is building up in my lungs. As I look around, I remember the pictures I’ve saved in the encrypted folder on my computer. I close my eyes and remember the look on Alice’s face. This is painful and I must be the most pathetic sight. But the pictures captivate me. I had to know what it was like.

Now I know.

I close my eyes again. I may never pass this way again and I want to remember it. I want to remember what it felt like, what it looked like, what it smelled like. But a voice in my brain urgently tells me it’s time to end this. Permanent damage is being done.

I attempt to stand one more time. The staccato sound meant to be a laugh gurgles up through my throat. I wanted a Last Dance. Here I am, in self-imposed, torturous pain. I’m tied to a cross. I’m stripped naked. Worse, I’m probably doing permanent damage to my wrists, arms, shoulders and feet. And a sick joke comes to my mind. My sick sense of humor has got to be another reason why I’m single for life.

I push with my legs one more time. Pain shoots through my feet. More blood oozes onto the base of the cross from the ripped skin on my feet. But it’s the last Crux Dance and the pain doesn’t matter. As I stand as straight as my bound feet and legs will let me, I try to imagine what it was like for the pathetic, pale, thin person who really was nailed to a cross. What could have been going through his mind as he approached his Last Dance?

After my breathing slows, I once again begin lowing my body and allowing my wrists to take my body’s full weight. I feel just a few more splinters embed themselves in my back. Time to go.

Looking down at my feet through my spread legs, I tried to lift them the few inches needed to clear the loop of rope from the hook. My feet went up a few inches, but the rope remained looped in the hook. I let my feet drop as my breathing became strained again. My brief time on the cross had already sapped a lot of energy. My mouth is very dry and I noticed my body wasn’t as sweaty as it had been. It was really time to go.

Looking straight ahead, I concentrated on lifting my feet as high as I could. Once I felt I’d lifted them far enough, I pressed my lower back against the upright and attempted to push my feet away from the cross. I felt my feet move, but then suddenly stop. Looking down, I saw that my feet hadn’t moved up far enough and the loop of the rope was still firmly in the grasp of the hook. I released my leg muscles and my whole body shook as my feet dropped back into their previous position.

My wrists and arms were going numb. I can’t feel the pain in my feet from the rope tear. I’m not sweating any more. Looking past my split knees, past my feet, I saw the small step ladder that I’d briefly thought of kicking away before ascending to my final position on the cross. I attempted another staccato laugh, but couldn’t even manage a gurgle. I was in trouble.

Part II

Even my pathetic Last Dance joke is no longer funny. As my breathing became more labored, I could feel the CO2 building again in my lungs and knew it was time to stand up. I began pushing with my legs, but they were getting sore. As I took deep breaths, I felt my lungs clearing, but suddenly, my legs gave out and I fell. My whole body snapped hard as my long, skinny arms once again took my full weight. I hadn’t been able to breath as long as I wanted. My brain was going fuzzy. I was in trouble.

Shaking my head sharply from side to side, I could feel the cobwebs clear slightly. I knew time was running out. This was getting serious and I started to feel a rush of fear that I wouldn’t be able to get down. I looked out around the empty room, then up at my thin, long arms. My hands remained numb and were an angry, deep red. I had been there too long. I was in trouble.

Another wave of fear shook my body. It started in my brain. It was like a black, cold fog in the back of my mind. As the fear took over my mind, my body shook. As the fear subsided, I discovered I was getting very cold. My body shook again, not from fear, but from cold. I was in trouble.

I needed more air, but knew I didn’t have the strength to hold myself up for as long as before. Maybe if I just pushed myself half way up, I could breath. Looking down past my knees, I saw my feet. There was still blood between my toes, but it seemed to have slowed. My body shook with cold again as I began pressing with my legs. Once I released the pressure on my arms, I began breathing deeply. My leg muscles burned with pain, but I kept breathing as long as I could. I felt some of the fog in my mind clear. I was still in trouble, but a clearing mind helped.

Easing my body back down on my numb wrists, I immediately began trying to pull my feet up enough to ease the foot rope off the hook. Once I felt I’d lifted my feet high enough, I looked down and saw they had barely moved. I had given it all my strength and wasn’t even close. I was in trouble.

Another wave of fear washed over my body and mind. I lost control and began struggling against the ropes holding my wrists and feet. But I only succeeded in tightening the ropes and re opening the torn skin in my feet. As sanity slowly returned, I looked down and saw my legs and feet were wet. But this time it wasn’t sweat. No staccato laugh gurgled out of my throat this time. I had just lost control of my bladder. I was in more trouble than ever before.

Breathing became hard again. My mind was going fuzzy again. I knew I only had a few more chances to free myself before I’d become too weak to do anything but hang on the cross and die. Looking down, I saw my feet hanging uselessly from the hook I’d screwed into the wood to hold them to the cross. I tried to pull them up again. My legs couldn’t move them an inch. I closed my eyes and tried to think. My mind was getting fuzzier than ever. The pain in my body was becoming a dull ache. I had to think of something.

Opening my eyes, I looked off to the right and up at my thin, pale arm. I looked over at my other arm. By this time, my hand and wrists had gone completely numb, but maybe they were the answer. Looking back down at my feet, I knew I had to push myself up as high as I could go. It would hurt and my strength would give out quickly, but maybe this would work.

I looked down at my heaving chest, my dry skin, my legs and my feet. It was time. I pushed with all my strength. My back rubbed hard up against the wood and I knew more splinters were being driven into my skin. But I didn’t feel them. All I felt was my leg muscles screaming in protest as my body rose. Once I felt I could go no higher. I tried to lift my arms over the top of the cross piece. They made it half way before my legs gave out and my body dropped with enough force to re-awaken the pain receptors that had gone numb. I was still in trouble and realized I had only one more chance.

As the stabbing pain subsided to a heavy, dull ache, I found myself thinking of Alice. I remembered reading that she had stayed on her cross for up to fifteen minutes and did that several times. I remembered one of the still pictures I’d saved of her and wondering if the pain on her face was acted pain or real pain. I had lost all track of time, but knew I’d been on my cross longer than fifteen minutes. No matter how long Alice had been on her cross, I decided the pain on her face had to be real.

Not taking time to recover my breath, I knew I had one last chance. Push. Push hard. Push now and don’t let go. I looked down at my legs and pushed. Pain shot through my feet and legs, but I kept pushing. I felt my body rise. I looked over and saw I was higher on the cross than I’d ever been. Looking down, I locked my knees as well as my tightly bound feet would let me. Then I looked at my left hand and tried to lift it over the cross beam. It began to slowly rise. I kept pushing. It kept rising until it cleared the top of the wood.

One down, one to go. I looked over at my other thin, pale arm and tried pushing it up. My arm and shoulder muscles screamed, but my arm rose. Once my hand cleared the top of the cross beam, I paused to breath. But the intensity of pain shooting through my legs and feet was rapidly intensifying. So I began slowly trying to let my arms take my weight. Every muscle in my body screamed. I felt a thicker fog creeping into my brain, but I couldn’t stop now.

As my arms took more of my weight, I began pulling my legs up as high as I could. It was slow going and I wanted to look down to see if I was making progress. But with my arms supporting my weight on top of the cross beam, my chest was thrust out too far for me to see my feet. So all I could do was keep trying to pull my feet up. Then they stopped! My feet were still attached to the cross!

At the same time, the sharp wood from the top of the cross piece was digging into my thin arms and a new kind of pain was shooting through my upper body. But I knew I couldn’t stop trying to pull my feet off that hook. I kept straining to lift them, but they wouldn’t budge. Then my left arm gave out and my whole body fell sideways. I held on desperately with my right arm and it didn’t budge. But my body shifted enough for me to see my feet and I quickly learned why I couldn’t move them. I had lifted them so high, the hook was blocking them from moving any further. Then my right arm begin to give way.

I had to move fast. I began lifting my feet away from the cross. Looking down, the loop of rope was just about clear of the hook. I pushed with my last remaining strength and finally, the rope came clear. My feet dropped down to the step ladder just as my right arm gave way. My body fell again, snapping my arms, shoulders and head.

With my feet free, I slowly pulled my body up so my heel once again rested on the small handle. This time, my feet were so numb that I never felt the pain from the ladder’s metal handle digging into the heel of my foot. My legs were weak, but I kept moving slowly and soon, I was able to stand. Looking up, I began shaking my arm trying to free my left wrist from the cross beam hook. My arm felt like lead, but I kept shaking the rope. After stretching out my body and arm as much as I could, it finally came free. It took a little longer, but the other arm came free too.

All I could do was stand on the step ladder. My arms hung uselessly by my side. I leaned against the cross. My feet were still tightly tied together and the top step with slick with blood and urine. I was still breathing heavily and my brain was covered with a grey fog. After a while, I began to feel a new kind of pain throbbing through my useless arms. As my brain cleared, I became aware of a new problem. With my feet tied together and my hands numb, I wasn’t sure how I could get down the three steps of the ladder.

The fog in my brain was getting thicker and I realized I might be close to loosing consciousness. I took a deep breath and slowly began to turn my body so I could face the cross. I wrapped my nearly useless arms around the upright and lifted my feet off the ladder and on to the floor. Still hugging the cross, I looked at my badly swollen hands and tried to work my nearly useless fingers under the tight ropes to loosen the pressure on my wrists. It took a while, but I was able to loosen them enough to allow blood to flow back to my hands.

The next thing to do was free my feet. Moving slowly, I let my body slide down the cross. As I approached the floor, I pushed myself around and sat heavily on the top step of the small ladder. Leaning down, I worked my still nearly useless fingers around the rope that bound my feet together. As I worked the ropes, I felt the fog in my brain increasing and I knew I was about to pass out. But I had to at least loosen the ropes around my feet and ankles. As I finally pulled the rope off my ankle and out from between my toes, I felt myself falling. I never felt myself hit the ground.

The next thing I remember was a bright light shining in my eyes. As I slowly awoke, I saw rays of light streaming through the window high in the wall of the bare room. I had started my little adventure in pain at about midnight. Now it was clearly afternoon.

As the cobwebs in my head cleared, I tried to roll off my shoulder and onto my back. As I tried to move, my whole body responded with pain from almost every corner. As I explored my body, I noticed my hands and feet were still numb. Then my nose twitched from the smell of the blood and urine. My arms, face and chest were covered in it.

Laying on my back, I looked up and the cross loomed high over me. As my eyes were able to focus, I saw small streaks of blood on the upright and realized it must have come from my back as I did my dance.

I closed my eyes. I had done it! I knew what it was like to hang from a cross. I thought back to the panic that I experienced when I realized the cross wasn’t going to give up its prisoner as easily as I had planned. I raised my thin, pale arm and tried to wiggle my fingers. My wrists were still wrapped in the ropes that I had hung from. Even though my hands were numb, the fingers moved.

And now, it’s been a year. The numbness stayed in my hands and feet for almost six months. Every now and then, I feel a twinge in my wrist that I never felt before. The rope cuts in my feet have healed, but I was very sore for almost a week after my self imposed ordeal. Looking in a mirror, there were indeed splinters imbedded in my back. I think I was able to use a scrub brush to get them out, but I don’t recommend it. The cross remains disassembled, the pieces are piled neatly under my bed.

To this day, I have no idea how long I spent on the cross. Recording my ordeal with a camera was out of the question. I never thought to put a clock where I could see it. Thinking back, I doubt I would have remembered anything about a clock anyway.

Sometimes at night, I think back to my experience. I remember everything that I wanted to remember. I remember the pain, the thrill of doing my first Crux Dance and looking down and seeing my body hanging on a cross. I remember the panic that set me mindlessly struggling against ropes that would never yield. And I remember how I started down that path. Maybe one day, I’ll try it again. It all started with a pair of black handcuffs. They’re right over there …

NOTE: I live alone and the few friends I do have would never understand my desire to experience this. In complete honesty, what I did was very dangerous. I had no safety person and believe I may have come very close to becoming permanently trapped on the cross. These thing are, after all, designed to kill people and I may have come close. As has been said numerous times on this and other forums and blogs, you should never try things like this alone. I was reckless and you shouldn’t be.

A nice piece of writing and I agree you have to have 2~3 people there so they can crucify you safely and whipyou first :)

This is an amazing account, thanks for posting it. It just shows the care one must take when self-cruxing as well as the sort of set-up one constructs. I have self-cruxed too many times to remember how many, & always alone, but I am sure I got the whole thing safe. One can see my method in threads here & on Cruxfoundation* as well as equally good advice from others who have worked out safe ways to do it.

Anyone thinking of self-cruxing should read what Cycle has written, but should not be put off by it, there are safe ways to experience the erotic & challenging experiences of it.

I did try using a hook once to attach the rope round my ankles, but it was dangerous because it seemed difficult to release oneself from as Cycle describes. never use anything hooky, always straight pegs that a simple movement can gain one's freedom. I don't particularly like the idea of standing on the handle of a step ladder. If one slipped & knocked the steps over, with one's arms fixed one really would be in trouble!

* Incidentally I cannot get into Cruxfoundation as I changed my password a few months ago & now have forgotten it, I also cannot remember the email I set it up with all those years ago, Not sure how to solve that problem, far more tricky that releasing myself from a cross!

* Incidentally I cannot get into Cruxfoundation as I changed my password a few months ago & now have forgotten it, I also cannot remember the email I set it up with all those years ago, Not sure how to solve that problem, far more tricky that releasing myself from a cross!

I wonder if we should have some of these self crux threads as stickys, the questions keep coming up.
Self crux can be very satisfying, and stimulating, and self revealing. You just need to be sensible and safe in how you go about it.
btw PhilX, I've sent you a message about sorting out the problem above. Should be ok if you still have access to the relevant email address I sent you, otherwise I'll let MoN know that you need help

I wonder if we should have some of these self crux threads as stickys, the questions keep coming up.
Self crux can be very satisfying, and stimulating, and self revealing. You just need to be sensible and safe in how you go about it.
btw PhilX, I've sent you a message about sorting out the problem above. Should be ok if you still have access to the relevant email address I sent you, otherwise I'll let MoN know that you need help
Why not post in the sticky thread which was created for that purpose
http://www.cruxforums.com/xf/threads/safe-crux.1839/

So ... it's been just over a year since this happened. Lately I've been thinking about this ... a lot. It's almost time to try it again. Thinking about what I might do different ... and what I'll write about ...

Part II

Even my pathetic Last Dance joke is no longer funny. As my breathing became more labored, I could feel the CO2 building again in my lungs and knew it was time to stand up. I began pushing with my legs, but they were getting sore. As I took deep breaths, I felt my lungs clearing, but suddenly, my legs gave out and I fell. My whole body snapped hard as my long, skinny arms once again took my full weight. I hadn’t been able to breath as long as I wanted. My brain was going fuzzy. I was in trouble.

Shaking my head sharply from side to side, I could feel the cobwebs clear slightly. I knew time was running out. This was getting serious and I started to feel a rush of fear that I wouldn’t be able to get down. I looked out around the empty room, then up at my thin, long arms. My hands remained numb and were an angry, deep red. I had been there too long. I was in trouble.

Another wave of fear shook my body. It started in my brain. It was like a black, cold fog in the back of my mind. As the fear took over my mind, my body shook. As the fear subsided, I discovered I was getting very cold. My body shook again, not from fear, but from cold. I was in trouble.

I needed more air, but knew I didn’t have the strength to hold myself up for as long as before. Maybe if I just pushed myself half way up, I could breath. Looking down past my knees, I saw my feet. There was still blood between my toes, but it seemed to have slowed. My body shook with cold again as I began pressing with my legs. Once I released the pressure on my arms, I began breathing deeply. My leg muscles burned with pain, but I kept breathing as long as I could. I felt some of the fog in my mind clear. I was still in trouble, but a clearing mind helped.

Easing my body back down on my numb wrists, I immediately began trying to pull my feet up enough to ease the foot rope off the hook. Once I felt I’d lifted my feet high enough, I looked down and saw they had barely moved. I had given it all my strength and wasn’t even close. I was in trouble.

Another wave of fear washed over my body and mind. I lost control and began struggling against the ropes holding my wrists and feet. But I only succeeded in tightening the ropes and re opening the torn skin in my feet. As sanity slowly returned, I looked down and saw my legs and feet were wet. But this time it wasn’t sweat. No staccato laugh gurgled out of my throat this time. I had just lost control of my bladder. I was in more trouble than ever before.

Breathing became hard again. My mind was going fuzzy again. I knew I only had a few more chances to free myself before I’d become too weak to do anything but hang on the cross and die. Looking down, I saw my feet hanging uselessly from the hook I’d screwed into the wood to hold them to the cross. I tried to pull them up again. My legs couldn’t move them an inch. I closed my eyes and tried to think. My mind was getting fuzzier than ever. The pain in my body was becoming a dull ache. I had to think of something.

Opening my eyes, I looked off to the right and up at my thin, pale arm. I looked over at my other arm. By this time, my hand and wrists had gone completely numb, but maybe they were the answer. Looking back down at my feet, I knew I had to push myself up as high as I could go. It would hurt and my strength would give out quickly, but maybe this would work.

I looked down at my heaving chest, my dry skin, my legs and my feet. It was time. I pushed with all my strength. My back rubbed hard up against the wood and I knew more splinters were being driven into my skin. But I didn’t feel them. All I felt was my leg muscles screaming in protest as my body rose. Once I felt I could go no higher. I tried to lift my arms over the top of the cross piece. They made it half way before my legs gave out and my body dropped with enough force to re-awaken the pain receptors that had gone numb. I was still in trouble and realized I had only one more chance.

As the stabbing pain subsided to a heavy, dull ache, I found myself thinking of Alice. I remembered reading that she had stayed on her cross for up to fifteen minutes and did that several times. I remembered one of the still pictures I’d saved of her and wondering if the pain on her face was acted pain or real pain. I had lost all track of time, but knew I’d been on my cross longer than fifteen minutes. No matter how long Alice had been on her cross, I decided the pain on her face had to be real.

Not taking time to recover my breath, I knew I had one last chance. Push. Push hard. Push now and don’t let go. I looked down at my legs and pushed. Pain shot through my feet and legs, but I kept pushing. I felt my body rise. I looked over and saw I was higher on the cross than I’d ever been. Looking down, I locked my knees as well as my tightly bound feet would let me. Then I looked at my left hand and tried to lift it over the cross beam. It began to slowly rise. I kept pushing. It kept rising until it cleared the top of the wood.

One down, one to go. I looked over at my other thin, pale arm and tried pushing it up. My arm and shoulder muscles screamed, but my arm rose. Once my hand cleared the top of the cross beam, I paused to breath. But the intensity of pain shooting through my legs and feet was rapidly intensifying. So I began slowly trying to let my arms take my weight. Every muscle in my body screamed. I felt a thicker fog creeping into my brain, but I couldn’t stop now.

As my arms took more of my weight, I began pulling my legs up as high as I could. It was slow going and I wanted to look down to see if I was making progress. But with my arms supporting my weight on top of the cross beam, my chest was thrust out too far for me to see my feet. So all I could do was keep trying to pull my feet up. Then they stopped! My feet were still attached to the cross!

At the same time, the sharp wood from the top of the cross piece was digging into my thin arms and a new kind of pain was shooting through my upper body. But I knew I couldn’t stop trying to pull my feet off that hook. I kept straining to lift them, but they wouldn’t budge. Then my left arm gave out and my whole body fell sideways. I held on desperately with my right arm and it didn’t budge. But my body shifted enough for me to see my feet and I quickly learned why I couldn’t move them. I had lifted them so high, the hook was blocking them from moving any further. Then my right arm begin to give way.

I had to move fast. I began lifting my feet away from the cross. Looking down, the loop of rope was just about clear of the hook. I pushed with my last remaining strength and finally, the rope came clear. My feet dropped down to the step ladder just as my right arm gave way. My body fell again, snapping my arms, shoulders and head.

With my feet free, I slowly pulled my body up so my heel once again rested on the small handle. This time, my feet were so numb that I never felt the pain from the ladder’s metal handle digging into the heel of my foot. My legs were weak, but I kept moving slowly and soon, I was able to stand. Looking up, I began shaking my arm trying to free my left wrist from the cross beam hook. My arm felt like lead, but I kept shaking the rope. After stretching out my body and arm as much as I could, it finally came free. It took a little longer, but the other arm came free too.

All I could do was stand on the step ladder. My arms hung uselessly by my side. I leaned against the cross. My feet were still tightly tied together and the top step with slick with blood and urine. I was still breathing heavily and my brain was covered with a grey fog. After a while, I began to feel a new kind of pain throbbing through my useless arms. As my brain cleared, I became aware of a new problem. With my feet tied together and my hands numb, I wasn’t sure how I could get down the three steps of the ladder.

The fog in my brain was getting thicker and I realized I might be close to loosing consciousness. I took a deep breath and slowly began to turn my body so I could face the cross. I wrapped my nearly useless arms around the upright and lifted my feet off the ladder and on to the floor. Still hugging the cross, I looked at my badly swollen hands and tried to work my nearly useless fingers under the tight ropes to loosen the pressure on my wrists. It took a while, but I was able to loosen them enough to allow blood to flow back to my hands.

The next thing to do was free my feet. Moving slowly, I let my body slide down the cross. As I approached the floor, I pushed myself around and sat heavily on the top step of the small ladder. Leaning down, I worked my still nearly useless fingers around the rope that bound my feet together. As I worked the ropes, I felt the fog in my brain increasing and I knew I was about to pass out. But I had to at least loosen the ropes around my feet and ankles. As I finally pulled the rope off my ankle and out from between my toes, I felt myself falling. I never felt myself hit the ground.

The next thing I remember was a bright light shining in my eyes. As I slowly awoke, I saw rays of light streaming through the window high in the wall of the bare room. I had started my little adventure in pain at about midnight. Now it was clearly afternoon.

As the cobwebs in my head cleared, I tried to roll off my shoulder and onto my back. As I tried to move, my whole body responded with pain from almost every corner. As I explored my body, I noticed my hands and feet were still numb. Then my nose twitched from the smell of the blood and urine. My arms, face and chest were covered in it.

Laying on my back, I looked up and the cross loomed high over me. As my eyes were able to focus, I saw small streaks of blood on the upright and realized it must have come from my back as I did my dance.

I closed my eyes. I had done it! I knew what it was like to hang from a cross. I thought back to the panic that I experienced when I realized the cross wasn’t going to give up its prisoner as easily as I had planned. I raised my thin, pale arm and tried to wiggle my fingers. My wrists were still wrapped in the ropes that I had hung from. Even though my hands were numb, the fingers moved.

And now, it’s been a year. The numbness stayed in my hands and feet for almost six months. Every now and then, I feel a twinge in my wrist that I never felt before. The rope cuts in my feet have healed, but I was very sore for almost a week after my self imposed ordeal. Looking in a mirror, there were indeed splinters imbedded in my back. I think I was able to use a scrub brush to get them out, but I don’t recommend it. The cross remains disassembled, the pieces are piled neatly under my bed.

To this day, I have no idea how long I spent on the cross. Recording my ordeal with a camera was out of the question. I never thought to put a clock where I could see it. Thinking back, I doubt I would have remembered anything about a clock anyway.

Sometimes at night, I think back to my experience. I remember everything that I wanted to remember. I remember the pain, the thrill of doing my first Crux Dance and looking down and seeing my body hanging on a cross. I remember the panic that set me mindlessly struggling against ropes that would never yield. And I remember how I started down that path. Maybe one day, I’ll try it again. It all started with a pair of black handcuffs. They’re right over there …

NOTE: I live alone and the few friends I do have would never understand my desire to experience this. In complete honesty, what I did was very dangerous. I had no safety person and believe I may have come very close to becoming permanently trapped on the cross. These thing are, after all, designed to kill people and I may have come close. As has been said numerous times on this and other forums and blogs, you should never try things like this alone. I was reckless and you shouldn’t be.
This is something that was drilled into me from a young age. When it comes to anything remotely dangerous you should always use a buddy-buddy system. It's a general life rule if your doing bdsm or going rock climbing. Pls tell me u will get some one to over sea u if you do it again .(if u do it in the uk ill do it for u) but never, ever do it alone again

Overall self crux 90% of the them self crux is dangerous and a buddy buddy system should be used

Overall self crux 90% of the them self crux is dangerous and a buddy buddy system should be used
I self-crucified from the time I was 12 years old until I was in my thirties. I only encountered a problem once where I got stuck and couldn't get down. I eventually got free after a few tense minutes. You have to be careful and have it all planned out. I wish I had a buddy, but I felt I could never trust anyone with my secret pastime.

I self-crucified from the time I was 12 years old until I was in my thirties. I only encountered a problem once where I got stuck and couldn't get down. I eventually got free after a few tense minutes. You have to be careful and have it all planned out. I wish I had a buddy, but I felt I could never trust anyone with my secret pastime.
It's why forums like crux forum is so good

Back
Top Bottom