An unnecessarily deep analysis of Ramon's Christa & more

Would you be interested in this comically deep dive into this POAG production and a little more?

• Total voters
Go to CruxDreams.com
Alright, I'm new into the world of manipulation. The following is no final picture, just some testing with the dream of having Bruna outdoors.
Once I'm done making PNGs, I might make a thread with the full crucifixion with Bruna but outdoors and let someone write the story of the pictures.
I could use a lot of advice for manips tho, so if you got any useful tips, go ahead, they will be more than welcome.
(yeah, the shadows suck but, eh, it's just a test)
View attachment 1365645
It's a very good test! You've got over the problem of the poor lighting of the Christa set by using diffuse shadows suggesting a cloudy day. I like it! :)

Alright, I'm new into the world of manipulation. The following is no final picture, just some testing with the dream of having Bruna outdoors.
Once I'm done making PNGs, I might make a thread with the full crucifixion with Bruna but outdoors and let someone write the story of the pictures.
I could use a lot of advice for manips tho, so if you got any useful tips, go ahead, they will be more than welcome.
View attachment 1365645
this is a fantasy for me. the enitre crucifixion of brune outdoors under the blazing sun, her lucious body sweating and struggling. Passion of the Christa is truly the GOAT. thanks for this wonderful manip and I am looking forward to the whole series!

It's a very good test! You've got over the problem of the poor lighting of the Christa set by using diffuse shadows suggesting a cloudy day. I like it! :)
Thank you! The biggest deal will be turning a dark setting crop into a outdoor setting crop.
this is a fantasy for me. the enitre crucifixion of brune outdoors under the blazing sun, her lucious body sweating and struggling. Passion of the Christa is truly the GOAT. thanks for this wonderful manip and I am looking forward to the whole series!
Oh Neptune, I hope I'm not overpromising stuff, since you know how life is. I will try my best to make that a reality after I upload the PNGs I think are enough to the manip kit, but I might use way more for the eventual christa manip thread, that and the magic of composition and all those visual storytelling details. For now, I will keep cropping PNGs and have a look or two at the manip kit, I'm going to need a lot of things (public, dry rocky hills, roman or middle eastern-ish roads, etc.) if I want to make that project.

The biggest deal will be turning a dark setting crop into a outdoor setting crop.
Yep. Good luck with that - you may just have hit on the reason why Christa is rarely seen in manips. ;)

But that first test is looking nice!

Surprise for the middle of the week!
Here is a second test, thoughts?
This looks very promising. The broad expanse of barren, sunbaked landscape creates a suitably desolate atmosphere. Bright sunlight is casting realistic shadows in a consistent direction and density. Bruna on her cross, and the group dressed in white, are seen in aerial view. I would be tempted to delete any small figures who appear to be under 18.

The group of Romans in full battle dress are not seen in aerial view, and have been forced into a false perspective, in which they appear two-dimensional. The single officer looks more convincing, but the more figures we introduce, the greater the risk of them appearing awkward and unrealistic.

The use of identifiable Roman costumes is consistent with Ramon's vision, but I have often wondered if these squads really wore full battle dress with shields to perform an execution? Admittedly, images of Romans in aerial view are hard to find, and so we have to accept some degree of compromise.

Experienced executioners will be familiar with the problems of the condemned person being in shock. This causes fight/flight responses which may lead to vomiting and loss of bladder control. In this respect, these Romans do not appear to be highly experienced. OTOH, if they are ambushed, they will be ready to respond.

Please don't be disillusioned by my criticism - for a second test, you have achieved a good result. :)

No worries! All of that is really useful for the next tests, after i can say im satisfied, ill start making a full series, so all this feedback is very appreciated.
I wanted this to be a surprise, but I cant wait to say this:
Im trying a hybrid manip, combining both 3d work in blender to make stuff like shadows and landscapes, then crops and or manips for humans (since i cant model realistic humans).
I have spent learning blender like a maniac, even tho I spent more time on maya, blender has been way better for what I want to do.
Im ruining the surprise, but if it so happens that someone else can share blender knowledge, it may help a lot.
So far, any png that isnt Bruna was take from the manip kit, so it would be borderline impossible to find pngs of extras that fit the perspective (heck, fitting Bruna is not that hard, but force everyone else into perspective, MAN).
Best i could try was to subdivide and bend the image planes with mixed results.
Im just rendering another still as we speak, later ill upload it, this time its a test of manip (not just a crop) and two people on screen.

Again, I don't mind you telling me the flaws, as a matter of fact, I need to know those. I cant reach perfection, im a relative beginer in blender, but if its in my reach, ill improve it.
So, in the words of the joker: "HIT ME".

Thanks for the feedback once again! It helps me improve myself and also helps me give y'all a better manip series soon, it's a win-win scenario : D

Alright, before I show you the render I talked about, I just wanna say, I'm not the kind of person who likes to brag, heck, I might be in the "impostor syndrome" club.
But hear me out, I think this last test may be such a big achievement for me that even staring at it for many minutes I wonder "Did I make this?"

I'm going to put some

paragraph

breaks

so I can

build up

some suspense

duuuu dudududuuuuu

*drum roll*

I'm raning out of things to make the suspense longer

So how's your day?

Are you reading me or scrolling fast to get to the render?

I understand if you do that, but if you reading this

I wish you have a nice day : )

Okay, that's enough suspense, here it is!
Test3Low.png.jpg
I keep looking at it and... did I just take Bruna, a model only shot indoors with night looking lights, made a profile view of her getting nailed which wasn't featured in any video with her looking at the nail?! AND DURING DAYTIME?

You could argue these angles are technically in the video, but since I like to suffer with this kind of projects and inspired by something I have seen @Wragg do in a lot of manips. Man did I wish there were more angles for the passion of the christa, so I just said "fine, I'll do it myself", and with the magic of photoshop and twisting my head a lot while looking for the perfect frames with different body parts to assamble a new pose, I (surprisingly) achieved this.
Here's a gif of how I pulled this out (but seriously, did I really just make this?).
Breakdown.gif
Anyways, here is the png for you guys, who knows, might be able to expand it to full body, but for now, I'll get back to testing with blender (adding detail to the terrain is kind of a pain now).
21.png
Stay tuned!

Edit: I did cheat a little with the final render, after rendering on blender, I got back to photoshop to correct some lightning, since the image planes in blender (pngs) had flat lightning.

Alright, before I show you the render I talked about, I just wanna say, I'm not the kind of person who likes to brag, heck, I might be in the "impostor syndrome" club.
But hear me out, I think this last test may such a big achievement for me that even staring at it for many minutes I wonder "Did I make this?"

I'm going to put some

paragraph

breaks

so I can

build up

some suspense

duuuu dudududuuuuu

*drum roll*

I'm raning out of things to make the suspense longer

So how's your day?

Are you reading me or scrolling fast to get to the render?

I understand if you do that, but if you reading this

I wish you have a nice day : )

Okay, that's enough suspense, here it is!
View attachment 1367896
I keep looking at it and... did I just take Bruna, a model only shot indoors with night looking lights, made a profile view of her getting nailed which wasn't featured in any video with her looking at the nail?! AND DURING DAYTIME?

You could argue these angles are technically in the video, but since I like to suffer with this kind of projects and inspired by something I have seen @Wragg do in a lot of manips. Man did I wish there were more angles for the passion of the christa, so I just said "fine, I'll do it myself", and with the magic of photoshop and twisting my head a lot while looking for the perfect frame, I (surprisingly) achieved this.
Here's a gif of how I pulled this out (but seriously, did I really just make this?).
View attachment 1367904
Anyways, here is the png for you guys, who knows, might be able to expand it to full body, but for now, I'll get back to testing with blender (adding detail to the terrain is kind of a pain now).
View attachment 1367905
Stay tuned!
WOOOW this is reaaallly good!!! keep this up

WOOOW this is reaaallly good!!! keep this up
I may have set the bar too high haha, but this means there is progress, who knows, maybe I could start the whole series in November (MAYBE, please don't go on November 1st at 12:01 am telling me I haven't started the series like some people have done with a certain film *cough cough*, it's just a maybe), the dates will depend on how complex will the edits be, how fast I can learn some stuff from blender, etc. I actually want to make not much, but enough places that would make the project take a good amount of time.

Okay, quick post since I didn't realize I have a deadline for something.
I tried to search for the rom com again, and well, I still can't find nothing, two "download links" that are sadly broken.
At least I found two pics where Bruna appears and a behind the scenes video that I will crop the parts where Bruna is later today or tomorrow.

1696549885023.png1696549926424.png

You ever woke up out of nowhere because you just randomly figured out something?
That was the case when a random thought about my usual toothpick cross complains got into my head.
Why isnt that cross from the passion of the christa used more often?
That nitpick made me think that well, that specific cross prop was used twice, one with christa and the other with (ugh) blue night.
Okay, what about it? Well, these two productions are the only ones where in the behind the scenes speak spanish... so that means... holy guacamole... christa and blue night were filmed in Spain, while the other ramon productions were highly likely madr in Sweden or other country. I have the credits from christa to kind of support my claim.
That clears a lot of questions i had about the cross prop, why do you just stop using such a useful prop? (It has wheels to make carrying easier, mechanism to fully raise and hold a person without needing to cut, come on, that prop is gold).
The answer is simple, you can't carry it (no pun intended) from Spain to Sweden without dealing with a logistical nightmare.

Okay, quick post since I didn't realize I have a deadline for something.
I tried to search for the rom com again, and well, I still can't find nothing, two "download links" that are sadly broken.
At least I found two pics where Bruna appears and a behind the scenes video that I will crop the parts where Bruna is later today or tomorrow.

View attachment 1368213View attachment 1368215
Thank you.

In the manips kit (this post to be exact), I found a fun fact, in pic number one, during that deleted scene, I don't know how, but Bruna was really into character, she was crying and even a tear can be seen dropped to the floor. Sad that this didn't make it into the final cut, but to be fair, she forgot to take off a bracelet that would have brought continuity errors.
She keeps surprising me.

In the manips kit (this post to be exact), I found a fun fact, in pic number one, during that deleted scene, I don't know how, but Bruna was really into character, she was crying and even a tear can be seen dropped to the floor. Sad that this didn't make it into the final cut, but to be fair, she forgot to take off a bracelet that would have brought continuity errors.
She keeps surprising me.
i saw that tear drop too! That makes her the GOAT. I’ve seen a lot of crux videos and not one of them have come close to Bruna. Even Kecy Hill a.k.a “Cry” hasn’t come close, her cries of pain and suffering in her videos come off as exaggerating. I love her videos still though.

Back
Top Bottom