Art by Riodoro

Go to CruxDreams.com
Interesting, knowing your tastes, you don’t think being tied naked to a rack is humiliating?

:facepalm: :eek::azote:
You are right of course, being naked and helpless in any form has to be humiliating for that person, but it doesn't appear so to my eye. Perhaps I just ignore the victims mental humiliation, and concentrate on their fear of what's going to happen to them, and then the reaction to the pain itself.
Humiliation for its own sake... for a slave to eat from a dog bowl on the floor for example... is a turn off for me.
It probably makes no sense, but while torturing my victim I will still treat her with respect as someone who is giving me pleasure (especially because she has no other choice).

Hi everyone,
sorry for the lack of new pics lately. Earlier this month I bought myself a nice new PC and I've been busy with setting it up, installing my apps and migrating all the stuff from the old computer. Poser and DAZ Studio are running now and I'm doing a couple of test renderings. Looks like it is a big improvement over my old PC. So that's good news. Unfortunately I hadn't had much time to work on the new pics in the Waldensian Crusade series and I won't get them finished before I go on vacation, which means there will be no updates until later this summer.

To make up for that here's another of my unpublished old pics. I found this one browsing one of my backup folders from 2017.

RiodoroPrincessValiant.jpg

I tried to recreate a panel from Hal Foster's Prince Valiant here that made a huge impression on me when I first saw it as a child. Foster's drawings of medieval torture (he made quite a few, unfortunately always with male victims;)) were among the earliest things that made me realize that i am attracted to this kind of stuff.

b48de27ae9d14cefcc46f2e82c6b7838.jpg

What comics is that?
It looks a bit like Manara or Serpieri to me, but I'm not sure. Maybe someone else has an idea? I have it saved in a folder with mixed pics from the net as "olympia.jpg" - that might be a clue.
Sorry for the late answer. I'm on vacation and not very often near a computer.

Hi everybody,

so, I recently bought a new PC with a GPU that alone cost the equivalent of the price of a small country estate ;). Over the last weeks I dabbled a little in AI picture generation and I think I’ve gotten good enough by now to not be embarrassed by showing you a little pic I’ve made:

Riodoro_AI_Dungeon_Cell.jpg

I’m neither a glowing proponent of nor categorically against AI picture generation. The experience I had (mostly with Fooocus) has been fascinating and frustrating at the same time, but all in all I don’t think I will give up traditional 3d-art any time soon for I really prefer the flexibility and consistency of working with Poser. However, I could use AI to improve some aspects of my pics. Things like the fire and the burnt skin in this pic are very hard to get done in Poser, so are burning coals, welts and scarred flesh from whippings. I think inpainting with AI could be really helpful here.

The experience I had (mostly with Fooocus) has been fascinating and frustrating at the same time, but all in all I don’t think I will give up traditional 3d-art any time soon for I really prefer the flexibility and consistency of working with Poser. However, I could use AI to improve some aspects of my pics. Things like the fire and the burnt skin in this pic are very hard to get done in Poser, so are burning coals, welts and scarred flesh from whippings. I think inpainting with AI could be really helpful here.
After minimal experience with AI I totally agree. I think for those who are into 3d, AI can evolve into a useful tool until it evolves into something more controllable and 3d oriented.

Riodoro: I think the results you've achieved with AI are AWESOME!
Congratulations! I love the image you've posted.
Of course, I'd be very glad to see more of your works...

Of course, I'd be very glad to see more of your works...
Thanks, Darkedge. I will post more when I manage to produce something good enough. I think I will keep playing around with the new technology for a while and right now I’m learning new things every day which is a lot of fun.

After minimal experience with AI I totally agree. I think for those who are into 3d, AI can evolve into a useful tool until it evolves into something more controllable and 3d oriented.
As I said, I find it to be in equal parts fascinating and frustrating. In some ways it’s not that different from my usual workflow – I started from the central piece (the spreadeagled woman) and added more elements. It’s also not faster or easier, I would say. The pic took me about ten hours to make which is not that different from what a comparably complex scene would have taken to make in Poser. The result has easily the best looking characters in any of my pics. Just look at some of the dozens of variations of the girl’s facial expression that I got in maybe five minutes:

Facial Expressions.jpg

To make only one of those in Poser is 30 minutes or so of work and it would not even look half as good. On the other hand, some things are a real pain. Getting the hands and feet right took me forever and involved a lot of Photoshop and the fists still don’t look good. The torturer looks gorgeous, but he just stands there like an NPC in idle mode which gives the pic a slightly static feeling. I would have loved to be able to pose him like in a 3d app, let him and the victim interact, maybe let her look at him and plead while he shows her a branding iron or a torch, but this one pose is all I have from this specific character and for some reason the AI seems to always prefer characters looking at the viewer instead of each others. I think some of those problems are due to my inexperience and some are due to the inherent limitations of the technology, but anyway, sometimes I found myself pining for good old Poser where I can move the Brazier to the right with just one click.

Hi everybody,

so, I recently bought a new PC with a GPU that alone cost the equivalent of the price of a small country estate ;). Over the last weeks I dabbled a little in AI picture generation and I think I’ve gotten good enough by now to not be embarrassed by showing you a little pic I’ve made:

View attachment 1499833

I’m neither a glowing proponent of nor categorically against AI picture generation. The experience I had (mostly with Fooocus) has been fascinating and frustrating at the same time, but all in all I don’t think I will give up traditional 3d-art any time soon for I really prefer the flexibility and consistency of working with Poser. However, I could use AI to improve some aspects of my pics. Things like the fire and the burnt skin in this pic are very hard to get done in Poser, so are burning coals, welts and scarred flesh from whippings. I think inpainting with AI could be really helpful here.
I think you're on the right path. These images are just amazing, and any improvement of showing the effects of torture makes the image so much better.
Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work.

I think you're on the right path. These images are just amazing, and any improvement of showing the effects of torture makes the image so much better.
Thanks for sharing, and keep up the good work.

Thanks, wulf! Here's another one. It's in a style that's even closer to a drawing or comic book. I think it works better than the more photorealistic style.

Riodoro-AI-BATS.jpg

Last edited:
Personally I find the use of AI very interesting. Noticeable improvements can be seen especially in facial expressions and in the entire context. It is absolutely not intended as a criticism but too much realism risks appearing a bit anonymous. Personally I find your Poser style absolutely unique and particular. there is a 'dreamlike' aspect that emphasizes the whole context. These are just my reflections. I repeat, it's a long time for me to criticize, indeed. It would be interesting to see how Ia reinterprets one of your images while maintaining a 'poser' appearance.

Fantastic scene, Riodoro!!!
Such a beautiful young lady restrained , naked... being the center of all the village eyes ( and surely of many neighbor villagers as well...)
How awful and humiliating for the poor woman even before the real suffering starts...
I love the contrast between the victim's pained expression and the spectators' happy ones.
I could imagine the crowd laughing, cheering and mocking while the unfortunate tortured lady screams in pain for everyone's delight.

Thanks, wulf! Here's another one. It's in a style that's even closer to a drawing or comic book. I think it works better than the more photorealistic style.

View attachment 1502178
It's certainly as appealing, if not slightly more so, to me.
It a beautiful image with a lot going on. Well done, Sir.

While I'm also working on my other stuff, I still have a lot of fun playing around with Fooocus. So here's another new AI pic.
Riodoro_Ai_The_Chair.jpg
It shows the point of view of a scrivener during a witch trial (I've always found the fantasy of being a passive observer recording everything that happens during a torture session enticing). The suspected witch has failed to answer the Witchfinder's questions to his satisfaction so he has ordered the torturer to undress her. Next she will be put on the dreaded Witch's Throne...

Back
Top Bottom