Eulalia, Beautiful, Naked, Chained To A Rock

Go to CruxDreams.com
The ancient depictions of her clothed reminds me that Renaissance paintings of Andromeda were among the the few socially sanctioned naked ladies a ten year old parochial school kid could easily get hold of.

39005290-C008-48A7-84F9-A296D586C265.jpeg1F3CCC74-BE29-4323-85BC-114727BDCF6B.jpeg03A210FB-B6E4-4F98-B108-AD14934A336B.jpegDDE30ECF-857E-42CE-9FDA-492397AE25E4.jpeg

Beautiful new painting by chain-man:
42D20CE8-71B8-47D1-ADF0-0A7E07100FF4.png
it’s not Andromeda, nor Angelica. It’s Hesione, a Trojan princess, daughter of King Laomedon of Troy; she was chained naked to a rock as a sacrifice for Cetus the sea monster, but was rescued by Hercules.
Chain-man’s link:

it’s not Andromeda, nor Angelica. It’s Hesione, a Trojan princess, daughter of King Laomedon of Troy; she was chained naked to a rock as a sacrifice for Cetus the sea monster
The ancient Greeks were not particularly imaginative when it came to solving the problems of sea monsters, it seems. Clearly the answer was to hire a demi-god or hero to kill the monster, but the "go-to" idea always seemed to be "I think we need to chain a girl to a rock". :D

Not that, from a fantasy or artistic perspective, I really want to complain, you understand. Girls chained to rocks make eminently more evocative and inspirational pictures, and perhaps served as the main enticement for the heroes and demi-gods to begin with. :very_hot::cool:

Girls chained to rocks make eminently more evocative and inspirational pictures, and perhaps served as the main enticement for the heroes and demi-gods to begin with. :very_hot::cool:
Which leaves me scouring my nodding acquaintance with Greek mythology, trying to remember if there were heroes who preferred boys. :rolleyes:

View attachment 884045

@montycrusto 's wonderful illustration for my 'Andromeda's Challenge'

Come on boy, I’m stripped for you - skin against scales –
We both know you’ll win, but I’ll put up a fight!
You can delight in your dainty treat’s death-dance,
My can-can to keep clear of your cruel Kraken-bite!

If you lunge at my loins, lithe and lissom I’ll leap,
With a hurl of my hips I’ll be no easy meat,
Slick, sleek and slith’ry, I’ll slip through your slug-slime –
Though bare and in bondage, I’m not ‘ready-to-eat’!

Twisting and twirling, I’ll try hard to trick you –
Tease you and tantalise. Enjoy your prey-play!
Toss me in my tight irons! Taste me with your tongue-tip!
Tear me with your talons – I can’t get away!

Still I’ll skip and cavort as you snack on my leg-meat,
As you relish my raw rump, I’ll wriggle and writhe -
Sinuous and supple, I’ll squirm and I’ll struggle
Till I’m crushed in your coils, while you eat me alive!

Then, when I’m weary, you can gorge on my girl-parts,
While you gnaw at my breasts there’ll be life in them yet!
As I feel your fangs finding their way through my sweet sex
I’ll feed you a feast you won’t ever forget!
Wooooow!!! Didnt see this one till now!... soo well described and explicit, I cant resist the temptation to produce some 3d pics for the sequence, specially the last part!
He or it seems to be a kind of serpent more , no sure about the size...

Oh my god, Eulalia. I think those are the hottest four lines I've ever read. :very_hot:
The previous stanza’s not bad either, and is making me feel distinctly hungry..
Still I’ll skip and cavort as you snack on my leg-meat,
As you relish my raw rump, I’ll wriggle and writhe -
Sinuous and supple, I’ll squirm and I’ll struggle
Till I’m crushed in your coils, while you eat me alive!
:babeando::babeando::babeando::babeando::babeando:

This is me (monstercrusto) about to snack on @Eulalia ’s most delicious parts..
View attachment 1134447
I should have included a half-pint or so of drool dripping out of the monster’s mouth, Ah well. Next time :doh:

Monty Monster's just emerged from the waves, blinking blinded by the sunlight, he's slithered right past me,
so I'm calling out, 'I'm round here, Monty!'

bw16 has been creating a fine series on the Andromeda theme on Deviant Art -
here's a powerful one -

andromeda___cetus_approaches_by_bw16.jpg

Although I'm recoiling, my expression isn't simply fear or horror, there's fascination, determination to cope with what's coming. ..

Gustave Doré. Perseus is late. 19th century.:
I was curious about this one. It doesn't look as detailed as Dore' and it looks more like a manip of a sea monster and a nude woman.
Dore' did do illustrations for an 1877 edition of Ariosto's "Orlando Furioso". Compare one of the known engravings (left) of Angelica being rescued by Ruggerio and the illustration in question (right).
Orlando_Furioso_20.jpggustave-dore-perseus-comes-too-late-gustave-dorc3a9.jpg

Speaking of "Orlando Furioso":

Canto VIII: 51-61: Of Proteus and the tribute of maidens

Before I tell you more, I need to veer/ From my present course a little while.

For, if towards the West you were to steer/ Past Ireland’s coast, you’d come upon an isle.

Ebuda, it is called; scant folk appear/ On those shores, for the orca, we revile,

And other sea-creatures, denude the place:/ Old Proteus takes vengeance on that race.

The ancient legends, whether false or true,/ Say that once a powerful king ruled there,

Who had a daughter; she so fair to view,/ So graceful, tis no wonder that, whene’er

She was seen, Proteus would burn anew,/ Midst the waters, while she took the air,

And, finding her alone one day, defiled/ The helpless maiden, and left her with child.

This rape was a torment to the father,/ Viler, more impious than aught he knew.

No excuse, no pity, quenched his anger,/ Such was its force, against his own issue.

Nor did her state persuade him to defer/ Her punishment which he did swift pursue;

For he condemned her and the child to death,/ Before the babe had taken its first breath.

Now Proteus, who nurtures his great herd/ Of sea-creatures for the god of the sea,

Mighty Neptune, of her sad plight had word,/ And in his anger, quite unlawfully,

Against that isle his ocean monsters stirred,/ (Orcas, and sharks, and whate’er else may be

Lurking beneath the waves) to slay them all,/ Herds, flocks, and people, at his martial call.

And then in force he did assault the place,/ Each town or village, and lay siege around,

Where fearful and weary folk must face/ A tedious watch to secure their ground.

Abandoning their livelihoods, that race/ As a last recourse, then agreed to sound

The oracle, for counsel; by and by,/ It spoke to them, and yielded this reply:

That they must find a maiden in that land/ Who was equal in beauty to the other;

And offer her to Proteus, on the strand,/ In exchange for slaying the king’s daughter.

And if he thought her, once she was at hand,/ As fair, he would keep her, and no longer

Attack the isle; if not, they must provide/ Another, till that sea god found a bride.

And so, the deadly custom commenced,/ Whereby a maiden who was fair of face,

Was led to Proteus each day, from thence,/ Till one seemed pleasing, in her looks and grace.

The others were but prey, without defence,/ Fed to a giant orca, that kept place

Beside the port, and patrolled the shore,/ Till the sea god left the isle once more.

Whether the legend be false or true,/ (For there is none I know of who could say)

Such a tribute had been offered, when due,/ (A vile crime against woman) to that day,

Enshrined in law by that impious crew;/ The monstrous orca fed on maids, I say.

Though to be a woman brings, everywhere,/ Trouble and oppression, twas far worse there.

O unhappy maids whom misfortune brought/ To that unhappy land, and dire distress!

For that folk ever some stranger sought/ On whom to perpetrate their wickedness,

Since the more maids from elsewhere that were caught/ In their snare, by so much their toll was less.

Yet since the breezes oft brought none to shore,/ On every foreign strand they looked for more.

In frigates, galleys, in whate’er would float,/ They roamed about the seas, and gathered in

All the maids that they found, that seemed of note,/ To aid their tribute, dire as was the sin.

Some they took by force into their boat,/ Some by flattery, stealth, or gold did win,

And plundering thus, from the wider region/ Filled up every tower, and every prison.

Voyaging, one day, from land to land,/ They came upon that solitary shore

Where Angelica slept, upon the strand,/ Midst tufts of grass, but on a stony floor.

For water, and what wood there lay to hand,/ Those pirates landed, to refill their store;

Thus, the fairest flower of earthly charms/ They found there, in the holy father’s arms.

Back
Top Bottom